606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

+35
SEFTON
Super
hairy cataract
Barry Horne's Equaliser
The President
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Armchair
Blue gazza
Tonteau
Made 4 Gwladys
RhinoJagz
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
VenezuelaBlue
Merseyblue
anticipate_the_pass
Goodison_Gringo
fatboblatch
Mr Perpetual Motion
Hinchcliffe Corner
Helenqu
Bryan
Dixie Land
Da Judge
Michael Crosby S74
SouthernSmugToffee
Albert
notepad
Diamond
Brummie No Mates
tadpole
ToffeeDan
nousername
39 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 5 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Albert Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

notepad wrote:
Albert wrote:
notepad wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:I'm just glad that we have actually bought a player. I forgot what it felt like.

This is the first signing we have made in over 2 years.

Vellios last Jan?

gueye cost 1 million 18 month ago as well

Silva too

jake bidwell - £600k
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 5 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Super Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:21 pm

notepad wrote:
Albert wrote:
notepad wrote:
Super wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:I'm just glad that we have actually bought a player. I forgot what it felt like.

Vellios last Jan?

Silva too

Ok i have done a SUPER, i get it!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:23 pm

[quote="Super"]
notepad wrote:
Albert wrote:
notepad wrote:
Super wrote:

Vellios last Jan?

Silva too

Ok i have done a SUPER, i get it![/quote

the 39 year old rerserve keeper too
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

[quote="Mr_Ben"]
Super wrote:
notepad wrote:
Albert wrote:
notepad wrote:
Super wrote:

Vellios last Jan?

Silva too

Ok i have done a SUPER, i get it![/quote

the 39 year old rerserve keeper too

In fairness to Super, this is the first signing in two years of a player who could automatically go into the first team.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:29 pm

1257 FOOTBALL: New signing Darron Gibson goes straight into Everton's squad for tomorrow's match at Aston Villa. The midfielder was registered in time to be eligible after his move from Manchester United.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:1257 FOOTBALL: New signing Darron Gibson goes straight into Everton's squad for tomorrow's match at Aston Villa. The midfielder was registered in time to be eligible after his move from Manchester United.He will arrive with Bill Kenwright and be presented as 'The New Arteta' to the Blue Union from the other side of the fence at 1.30pm

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:33 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:1257 FOOTBALL: New signing Darron Gibson goes straight into Everton's squad for tomorrow's match at Aston Villa. The midfielder was registered in time to be eligible after his move from Manchester United.He will arrive with Bill Kenwright and be presented as 'The New Arteta' to the Blue Union from the other side of the fence at 1.30pm

lol! lol!
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

Going to put my neck on the line here, Gibson nearly signed for Sunderland but pulled out last minute.
Steve Bruce, although a terrible coach, makes good signings. Thinking last night about whether Gibson is a player I'd want at the club and thinking he nearly signed for a "lesser" club cast doubts further but then thought about the manager who tried to sign him and his previous aquisitions with Brum, Wigan and Sunderland, they have all had a good calibre and some of which had been heavily linked with ourselves previously. Maybe I'm talking rubbish or maybe Gibson will be a solid signing who will perform week in week out 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 5 Confused
notepad
notepad

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

notepad wrote:Going to put my neck on the line here, Gibson nearly signed for Sunderland but pulled out last minute.
Steve Bruce, although a terrible coach, makes good signings. Thinking last night about whether Gibson is a player I'd want at the club and thinking he nearly signed for a "lesser" club cast doubts further but then thought about the manager who tried to sign him and his previous aquisitions with Brum, Wigan and Sunderland, they have all had a good calibre and some of which had been heavily linked with ourselves previously. Maybe I'm talking rubbish or maybe Gibson will be a solid signing who will perform week in week out 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 5 Confused

It's all your fault if it doesn't work out notepad.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:47 pm

Pictures from Old Trafford

Spoiler:
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:49 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
notepad wrote:Going to put my neck on the line here, Gibson nearly signed for Sunderland but pulled out last minute.

Does that make me a genius if it does? Very Happy
notepad
notepad

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 13 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

Tonteau wrote:http://twitpic.com/86pbxu

Official.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/01/13/gibson-signs-on
Alright! Hopefully an astute signing by Moyes. It'll be interesting to see how much playing time he gets right away.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:01 pm

notepad wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:

Does that make me a genius if it does? Very Happy

You and Steve Bruce Laughing
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:09 pm

Lumper wrote:Pictures from Old Trafford

Spoiler:
Am I taking it that his performances for Ireland have not been top notch?
If he can emulate Cars as a wrecking ball, with a hoof of a shot, then £500,000 ain't bad.
Also, can he take free kicks from the left side of the pitch?

"The Republic of Ireland international signed a four-and-a-half-year deal at Goodison Park for an initial £500,000, after finalising personal terms and completing a medical.
But within one hour of United announcing the transfer on their official Facebook page, nearly 20,000 fans ‘liked’ the news and aimed a flurry of disparaging comments towards the 24-year-old.
Despite making 60 appearances for the Red Devils and scoring 10 goals, the midfielder has never been a popular figure at Old Trafford, and was ‘bullied’ off Twitter just two hours after joining following a stream of abuse from supporters.
Gibson, who nearly joined Sunderland in the summer for £4.5million, will now be hoping to follow in the footsteps of Phil Neville and Tim Howard, who have carved out successful careers at Goodison Park since leaving United.
Toffees boss David Moyes enthused over his bargain new signing, and said: ‘I can see a hunger in him. He is young and wants to prove himself.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/887303-darron-gibson-move-to-everton-gets-thumbs-up-on-united-facebook-page#ixzz1jLfg84va
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:53 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Spoiler:
If he can emulate Cars as a wrecking ball, with a hoof of a shot, then £500,000 ain't bad.

"The Republic of Ireland international signed a four-and-a-half-year deal at Goodison Park for an initial £500,000, after finalising personal terms and completing a medical.
But within one hour of United announcing the transfer on their official Facebook page, nearly 20,000 fans ‘liked’ the news and aimed a flurry of disparaging comments towards the 24-year-old.
Despite making 60 appearances for the Red Devils and scoring 10 goals, the midfielder has never been a popular figure at Old Trafford, and was ‘bullied’ off Twitter just two hours after joining following a stream of abuse from supporters.
Gibson, who nearly joined Sunderland in the summer for £4.5million, will now be hoping to follow in the footsteps of Phil Neville and Tim Howard, who have carved out successful careers at Goodison Park since leaving United.
Toffees boss David Moyes enthused over his bargain new signing, and said: ‘I can see a hunger in him. He is young and wants to prove himself.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/887303-darron-gibson-move-to-everton-gets-thumbs-up-on-united-facebook-page#ixzz1jLfg84va

I had a look at that Facebook page (over 25,000 "likes" now!) and I have to admit I couldn't understand a fucking word of the comments. Nine out of ten were "international" reds, and most of those clearly didn't speak any English. It's another fucking world. We thinks its exotic having Sacko on here, all the way from the IOM - and KOT, who speaks better English than most scousers. I dunno if I could cope with being a Manure fan, it's like the Tower of fucking Babel over there.

Anyway, he's clearly shit, unless you believe big ManUre fan Dawit Tesfaye
why he dont have to go its good player
whatever the FUCK that means.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Fri 13 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Spoiler:

I had a look at that Facebook page (over 25,000 "likes" now!) and I have to admit I couldn't understand a fucking word of the comments. Nine out of ten were "international" reds, and most of those clearly didn't speak any English. It's another fucking world. We thinks its exotic having Sacko on here, all the way from the IOM - and KOT, who speaks better English than most scousers. I dunno if I could cope with being a Manure fan, it's like the Tower of fucking Babel over there.

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 5 830563
notepad
notepad

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:01 pm

notepad wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Spoiler:

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 5 830563

Laughing
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:28 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Spoiler:

He needs games, lots of games. He's a traditional central midfielder, neither a holding or out and out attacking midfielder. He's works at the fulcrum of the team, gathering the ball from the defense and joining in in attacks. But too often, his positional sense he off and he's in the wrong place. Be patient folks because he hasn't players nearly enough games to be a consistent performer in his chosen position. Will take time to bed in and form an understanding with those around him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:38 pm

Great post on twitter by Phil Neville calling him British. Bluejags, Lumper et al will be booing Phil Neville from now.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Great post on twitter by Phil Neville calling him British. Bluejags, Lumper et al will be booing Phil Neville from now.

Saw that, he then tweeted minutes later that he meant Irish.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 13 Jan 2012, 3:53 pm

Super wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Great post on twitter by Phil Neville calling him British. Bluejags, Lumper et al will be booing Phil Neville from now.

Saw that, he then tweeted minutes later that he meant Irish.

Well he was born in the North, so that brings its usual complications!

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:12 pm

Thanks Wayne.....

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/01/13/gibson-took-rooney-s-advice
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 13 Jan 2012, 4:15 pm

What do you mean by "now"?

Anyway, he is British, born in Londonderry. I just wouldn't say that to his face.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

Good news I suppose that we finally signed someone...

Foo Khall will be annoyed though

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:29 pm

Sounds like an absolute bargain at £2M. Moyes must have plyed Fergie with a few down the pub, before asking him!! cheers
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next