606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

+35
SEFTON
Super
hairy cataract
Barry Horne's Equaliser
The President
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Armchair
Blue gazza
Tonteau
Made 4 Gwladys
RhinoJagz
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
VenezuelaBlue
Merseyblue
anticipate_the_pass
Goodison_Gringo
fatboblatch
Mr Perpetual Motion
Hinchcliffe Corner
Helenqu
Bryan
Dixie Land
Da Judge
Michael Crosby S74
SouthernSmugToffee
Albert
notepad
Diamond
Brummie No Mates
tadpole
ToffeeDan
nousername
39 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  hairy cataract Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:23 pm

...and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYEpv-78woo
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4: Darron Gibson - Another Fergie bargain?

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:26 pm

60 Man U appearances 10 goals.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:27 pm

...though of course the Mancs will tell you that's all he's got in his locker - a powerful shot. They all reckon he's not Manure class. In fact, most of them seem to reckon he's not even PL class, maybe a level below. Fuck, a few months in our team and he'll be strolling around with a pie-belly looking all titty-lipped, with Moyes shouting "don't fucking shoot!" at him. We'd probably be better off keeping hold of our money and giving Barkley a run in the team.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:32 pm

hairy cataract wrote:...though of course the Mancs will tell you that's all he's got in his locker - a powerful shot. They all reckon he's not Manure class. In fact, most of them seem to reckon he's not even PL class, maybe a level below. Fuck, a few months in our team and he'll be strolling around with a pie-belly looking all titty-lipped, with Moyes shouting "don't fucking shoot!" at him. We'd probably be better off keeping hold of our money and giving Barkley a run in the team.

My fear is that us signing Gibson could mean that we are planning to sell Fellaini, Rodwell or Barkley.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 12 Jan 2012, 3:47 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:...though of course the Mancs will tell you that's all he's got in his locker - a powerful shot. They all reckon he's not Manure class. In fact, most of them seem to reckon he's not even PL class, maybe a level below. Fuck, a few months in our team and he'll be strolling around with a pie-belly looking all titty-lipped, with Moyes shouting "don't fucking shoot!" at him. We'd probably be better off keeping hold of our money and giving Barkley a run in the team.

My fear is that us signing Gibson could mean that we are planning to sell Fellaini, Rodwell or Barkley.

Doubt it, I'd expect us to sell one of them then buy a replacement quickly. Also we'd get better money in the summer.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 12 Jan 2012, 4:06 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

Pretty clear thats the policy from now so would expect Rodwell to move on after Euros if he does well. To be honest, I reckon Moyes will be the next out, maybe at the end of the season. I think he realises, reading into his comments before Spurs match is that he has taken us as far as he can and without investment, we are only going backwards or at best standing still. There is too much pressure now to find unpolished gems or get youth teams players into team quick enough.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Thu 12 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Pretty clear thats the policy from now so would expect Rodwell to move on after Euros if he does well. To be honest, I reckon Moyes will be the next out, maybe at the end of the season. I think he realises, reading into his comments before Spurs match is that he has taken us as far as he can and without investment, we are only going backwards or at best standing still. There is too much pressure now to find unpolished gems or get youth teams players into team quick enough.

We'll be fine once that Fortress money comes through...
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 12 Jan 2012, 5:51 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

or all 3 Suspect
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 12 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm

felli's 5 yr plan wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

or all 3 Suspect

rodwell has done nothing for us and hasn't improved in 4 years. i'd quite happily get shut of him. it will probably be for the benefit of both parties. we owe capello big time for picking him for england.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 12 Jan 2012, 6:04 pm

notepad wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

We'll be fine once that Fortress money comes through...

I remember on the old BBC 606 board changing my name to Chris Samuelson and asking who scored the winner in the 84 FA cup final. Didn't go down too well.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 12 Jan 2012, 7:59 pm

hairy cataract wrote:...and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYEpv-78woo
Sign him!

Joking aside, apart from that great right foot, how is he as a distributor of the ball and overall play?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Thu 12 Jan 2012, 7:59 pm

great player, great signing.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:27 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:Moyes spoke about the lack of players for us able to shoot from distance after the Assou-Ekotto goal. I don't think this was a coincidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16531334.stm

Bily got into a couple of decent positions on the edge of the area last night, the first time Donovan ignored him and the second time Bily played it wide instead of going for it.

I'll say it now, bily is the worst player to ever pull on the Everton shirt in Moyes reign.

I rememer gibson went through a purple patch playing for utd, im happy now, was fuming before - think he'll be a little gem for us.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:31 pm

Bryan wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:Moyes spoke about the lack of players for us able to shoot from distance after the Assou-Ekotto goal. I don't think this was a coincidence.

Bily got into a couple of decent positions on the edge of the area last night, the first time Donovan ignored him and the second time Bily played it wide instead of going for it.

I'll say it now, bily is the worst player to ever pull on the Everton shirt in Moyes reign.

I rememer gibson went through a purple patch playing for utd, im happy now, was fuming before - think he'll be a little gem for us.

Has he signed?
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Thu 12 Jan 2012, 8:33 pm

fatboblatch wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Has he signed?

Nope, looks very likely though.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

Bryan wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Has he signed?

I assume he's fairly creative then? Could take over the creative role from the middle of the park?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:29 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bryan wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Has he signed?

I assume he's fairly creative then? Could take over the creative role from the middle of the park?

He's not creative.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:48 pm

Lumper wrote:
Bryan wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Has he signed?

He's not creative.
So what does he do well then that would make us a better team (apart from the occasional screamer from 30 yards)?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:50 pm

Lumper wrote:
Bryan wrote:
fatboblatch wrote:
Bryan wrote:

Has he signed?

He's not creative.
So what does he do well then that would make us a better team (apart from the occasional screamer from 30 yards)?

Your guess is as good as mine. I still can't figure it out.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:59 pm

Oliver Key from The Times wrote:

Informed that the Darron Gibson fee is in fact a fair bit less than the £1.5m I mentioned earlier

Not bad if we get him for around £1 million.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Thu 12 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Oliver Key from The Times wrote:

Informed that the Darron Gibson fee is in fact a fair bit less than the £1.5m I mentioned earlier

Not bad if we get him for around £1 million.

It's worth the gamble. Just hope we're not paying him a bucket load in wages.
Lumper
Lumper

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 12 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm

Maybe Moyes can iron him out and convert him into a solid pro but there is a lot of work to be done. He hasn't progressed in the last 2 years, happy to sit on the bench and join in in the glory.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 13 Jan 2012, 12:14 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/13/darren-gibson-manchester-united-everton

The Guardian are reporting a £500,000 deal for him. I am actually quite pleased with that. He is only 24 and has played 60 times for Man Utd so there is definitely potential. At £500,000 we should be able to make a profit on him even if he doesn't work out.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 13 Jan 2012, 12:25 am

Dixie Land wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/13/darren-gibson-manchester-united-everton

The Guardian are reporting a £500,000 deal for him. I am actually quite pleased with that. He is only 24 and has played 60 times for Man Utd so there is definitely potential. At £500,000 we should be able to make a profit on him even if he doesn't work out.

As I said before, SAF has let some crackers go for free/cheap. He's also let some right stinkers go, too. Anyways, I'm not going to write Gibson off until at least the third game.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 13 Jan 2012, 12:27 am

Tonteau wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/13/darren-gibson-manchester-united-everton

As I said before, SAF has let some crackers go for free/cheap. He's also let some right stinkers go, too. Anyways, I'm not going to write Gibson off until at least the third game.

lol!

I am willing to give the lad a chance. He could prove to be an absolute bargain... he could also prove to be dogshit but I will give him a go.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next