606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

+45
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Da Judge
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
Armchair
Gravy & Chips
Super
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
SEFTON
The President
Yankthattoffee
Mr_Ben
Tonteau
Merseyblue
Statman
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Sack the Juggler
VenezuelaBlue
Dixie Land
Lumper
Michael Crosby S74
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Valentino Blue
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
notepad
BB
ToffeeDan
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
MagicMike
Albert
Bryan
toffee_pies
anticipate_the_pass
The Griffin
Garry Adams
Top Balcony Blue
Brummie No Mates
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
49 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 6 Empty Re: 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 19 May 2010, 5:54 pm

Rodwell to sign next - you heard it here!

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 6 Empty Re: 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 19 May 2010, 5:59 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:Rodwell to sign next - you heard it here!
He is negotiating so that would make sense. I'd like to see Arteta signed on for a longer contract as well, and we'll have the core tied down for a long time.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 19 May 2010, 6:06 pm

He seems to have a promising career ahead of him, saying that so did Peter Clarke
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 19 May 2010, 6:37 pm

i identified him as being potentially decent with a high pitched voice when i did a reserve team game when he first signed. cant find the thread now to big myself up. ah well. big jump between blackpool and the first team anyway. lets not get carried away about him being the new cafu.

not that anyone on here is
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 19 May 2010, 7:24 pm

treblA wrote:i identified him as being potentially decent with a high pitched voice when i did a reserve team game when he first signed. cant find the thread now to big myself up. ah well. big jump between blackpool and the first team anyway. lets not get carried away about him being the new cafu.

Albert i agree with you and glad you have posted that. After a decent performance against Spurs people seem to think Coleman is going to be the best RB ever.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 19 May 2010, 7:26 pm

Glad we have got him tied down to a new contract. I dont know how he will turn out as we have had so many promising youngsters who have either not made it or self destructed i.e. Cadamarteri and Kenny. At least he has the chance to prove it and he does seem to have his feet on the floor.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 19 May 2010, 7:30 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Glad we have got him tied down to a new contract. I dont know how he will turn out as we have had so many promising youngsters who have either not made it or self destructed i.e. Cadamarteri and Kenny. At least he has the chance to prove it and he does seem to have his feet on the floor.

Sorry but who is Kenny? Embarassed
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 19 May 2010, 7:32 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:Glad we have got him tied down to a new contract. I dont know how he will turn out as we have had so many promising youngsters who have either not made it or self destructed i.e. Cadamarteri and Kenny. At least he has the chance to prove it and he does seem to have his feet on the floor.

Billy Kenny (Everton, Oldham)

When Kenny, aged 19, was the man of the match in the Premiership's first Merseyside derby, his team-mate Peter Beardsley excitably christened him the "Goodison Gazza". If only he knew. The comparison was not gratuitous: Kenny was a midfielder blessed with sublime skill, especially in his passing, and perhaps more importantly a striking fearlessness (when Vinny Jones greeted him with a trademark early reducer, Kenny took the medicine uncomplainingly and then gave Jones a taste of it a few minutes later). But sadly the comparison to Gazza was equally relevant off the pitch: Kenny self-destructed, only much sooner. He chose not to choose life; he chose something else.

Unable to handle his newfound celebrity, he began to cross the white line on and off the pitch. "Some mornings I got home at four or five, had a couple of lines of cocaine, slept for an hour and then went to training," he said. "Sometimes I could hardly see the ball. I was a joke." He was sacked first by Everton and then by Oldham; he played his last league game at 22. But even though he only played 17 times for Everton, he still makes some fans' all-time XI.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 19 May 2010, 7:39 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

When Kenny, aged 19, was the man of the match in the Premiership's first Merseyside derby, his team-mate Peter Beardsley excitably christened him the "Goodison Gazza". If only he knew. The comparison was not gratuitous: Kenny was a midfielder blessed with sublime skill, especially in his passing, and perhaps more importantly a striking fearlessness (when Vinny Jones greeted him with a trademark early reducer, Kenny took the medicine uncomplainingly and then gave Jones a taste of it a few minutes later). But sadly the comparison to Gazza was equally relevant off the pitch: Kenny self-destructed, only much sooner. He chose not to choose life; he chose something else.

Unable to handle his newfound celebrity, he began to cross the white line on and off the pitch. "Some mornings I got home at four or five, had a couple of lines of cocaine, slept for an hour and then went to training," he said. "Sometimes I could hardly see the ball. I was a joke." He was sacked first by Everton and then by Oldham; he played his last league game at 22. But even though he only played 17 times for Everton, he still makes some fans' all-time XI.

shit rings a bell now, wonder what he does now? smack?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 19 May 2010, 7:43 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

shit rings a bell now, wonder what he does now? smack?

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 6 F_laugh 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 6 F_laugh 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 6 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 20 May 2010, 3:07 pm

Just 11 months on from his career threatening injury, Seamus Coleman says it is a dream come true to sign a new deal long-term deal at Everton. The Irish right-back needed emergency surgery last summer during the Blues pre-season tour of America when a blister on his foot led to a serious infection. The freak injury meant the 21-year-old, currently on-loan at Blackpool, missed the start of the season but after a string of impressive displays this term, he has now been handed a four year deal.

"When I was lying in a hospital bed last summer with that blister I never thought that at the end of the season I would be getting a new deal here," Coleman told evertontv. "I am absolutely delighted and thankfully all that is now behind me now.
"I am delighted to be offered a new deal at Everton. It has been great for me recently as I have been out on loan at Blackpool and that's obviously helped me get a new contract here."

Coleman made his Goodison debut against Tottenham in December, coming off the bench to replace the injured Joseph Yobo. The defender's impressive performance won him the man of the match award after helping the Blues claw their way back to a draw from 2-0 down. In March the Republic of Ireland Under-21 star joined Blackpool on loan and he has played a pivotal role in their push for Premier League football.

Coleman will run out at Wembley on Saturday as the Seasiders face Cardiff in the Championship play-off final. But he is determined to show his future lies at Everton.

"First of all I just love it here! I love the coaching staff and if you look around you can see the facilities are top notch," he said. "I just want to do well here and hopefully I can push on here next year. "There is a really nice atmosphere at the Club. All the lads are lovely and I love it here. They have all made me feel so welcome here. "You always hope to play and when I am here next season I am obviously going to want to play in the first team," he continued. "I am not going to be impatient and I will wait for my chance because I know I have some big players ahead of me. If I can learn of those players though then you never know what could happen."

Coleman joined the Blues in 2009 after two seasons at Irish side Sligo Rovers. The right-back says the fact David Moyes encourages young players to break into the first team set up is what attracted him to Goodison.

"The manager has a history of bringing younger players up through the ranks and it is great for the younger lads to know that the manager doesn't go out and buy players instead of giving us a chance,” he added. "It gives us all something to aim for and we know if we do well then we may have half a chance of getting in the first team."

cheers
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 20 May 2010, 4:43 pm

treblA wrote:i identified him as being potentially decent with a high pitched voice when i did a reserve team game when he first signed. cant find the thread now to big myself up. ah well. big jump between blackpool and the first team anyway. lets not get carried away about him being the new cafu.

I am. Very Happy

But in all honesty, I just totally appreciated seeing a player who was A, properly fast and B, completely unafraid to run at people and take them on. In a team as absent of flair and pace as we are, it was totally refreshing. He flayed Assuo-Ekotto and had him yellow carded just because fouling Coleman was the only way he could get close to him, and after they took him off to stop him getting sent off, he made short work of bale, too. The fact he's done pretty much exactly the same thing against Carlisle in the cup when he came on and in every game he's played for Blackpool shows you the kind of player he is. Blackpool fans happily admit he's one of the main reasons they got into the play offs. He may not ever rival Maicon in the RB stakes, but when you're used to watching the likes of Hibbo and Neville with their "Careful Now, Down with this sort of thing" approach, it was great to see a lad like Coleman knocking the ball 4 yards ahead of him and bombing past his man.

Also, I do remember the high pitched voice you used to identify him as a potentially decent player.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 20 May 2010, 5:42 pm

I though Albert would be too young to remember Allan Ball
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Thu 20 May 2010, 5:49 pm

I agree with Albert. I'm a little concerned at the hype surrounding him. He'll need a bit of time and he's bound to make mistakes while he learns his trade (especially at PL level). I just hope those championing him don't turn on him if he goes through a bad patch.

I think Moyes will pick and choose, using him when it suits. As Tonts identifies, his raw attributes alone make it worth having him on the bench. Could really freshen up the team coming on in games.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 24 May 2010, 8:30 am

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway wants promotion hero Seamus Coleman back at the club in the Premier League next season.

But Everton chief David Moyes may dash that hope as he is planning to look at the young Republic of Ireland right back in pre-season games before deciding on his future.

Coleman has signed a new four-year deal at Goodison but is playing regularly for the Seasiders during his loan spell and loving the experience.

Holloway is keen to have him in his tight squad for next season, but Moyes is unlikely to make a decision on that front until near the end of the next transfer window - which gives the Blackpool boss a major headache.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 24 May 2010, 8:36 am

he will sign a new four year contract with everton cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 24 May 2010, 8:37 am

GRINGO wrote:he will sign a new four year contract with everton cheers

He has signed a new contract with Everton.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 24 May 2010, 9:06 am

a new deal on a new deal, typical Everton
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar - Page 6 Empty Coleman wins FAI Award

Post  BB Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:54 am

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/08/08/coleman-wins-fai-award
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 09 Aug 2010, 12:01 pm

BB wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/08/08/coleman-wins-fai-award

I wonder if the prize is made of Waterford crystal..................................
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 09 Aug 2010, 12:47 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
BB wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/08/08/coleman-wins-fai-award

I wonder if the prize is made of Waterford crystal..................................

Made in Czechoslovakia ......
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Tue 10 Aug 2010, 9:20 pm

Scored tonight in Ireland U21 game.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 10 Aug 2010, 10:28 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:Scored tonight in Ireland U21 game.

Was hoping he would have got a look in against Argentina tomorrow night. New stadium, free tickets, free drink and Seamus making his full debut.

Could have been the perfect night.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 10 Aug 2010, 10:29 pm

If he scores goals, then he clearly has no future as an Everton right back. cheers cheers
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 10 Aug 2010, 10:34 pm

BB wrote:

If he scores goals, then he clearly has no future as an Everton right back. cheers cheers

Coleman scores, we riot.

Could cost the club a lot of money in fines cheers
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next