606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

+47
Armchair
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Qld Toffee
Goodison_Gringo
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Helenqu
VenezuelaBlue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
SEFTON
Lumper
jags
Margate Blue
Michael Crosby S74
Kilted_Toffee
Blue gazza
Dixie Land
Bryan
Cahill the Great
notepad
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
paul
Gravy & Chips
Tonteau
Statman
Diamond
Valentino Blue
Top Balcony Blue
BB
Albert
Bluey
Da Judge
Gazbow
The Griffin
Riggy
MagicMike
fatboblatch
Brummie No Mates
detroitblue
duncs pigeons
Landon_toffee
MyBlueToothBrush
51 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 13 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Bryan Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

He has gone.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 13 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Dixie Land Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:04 pm

Bryan wrote:He has gone.

The BBC are reporting it now:

New York Red Bulls are closing in on a £1m deal for Tim Cahill after Everton accept a bid for the Australian forward
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:23 pm

Sorry to see him go, but think his best days are behind him. Think would have spent a fair bit of time on the bench next season, plus as going to miss the first three games of the season would find it hard to get into the starting 11 of the team who have won those three games.

Had a poor season last time round by his own standards, but £1m reasonably happy with that. Wouldn't get much more for him elsewhere.

Thanks for the memories Timmy!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:36 pm

"nominal fee" according to the OS, but he's deffo going

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/07/23/blues-agree-cahill-deal
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 23 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/23/everton-tim-cahill-transfer?CMP=twt_gu

The Guardian reckon that Timmy, Yobo, Baines and Heitinga could be for the off. affraid affraid affraid
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:05 pm

Dixie Land wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/23/everton-tim-cahill-transfer?CMP=twt_gu

The Guardian reckon that Timmy, Yobo, Baines and Heitinga could be for the off. affraid affraid affraid

For J5, maybe Duffy is starting to impress DM, and sees him as the cover and successor to the Jags/Dizzie partnership?

I just hope the Baines stuff will just fade away. SAF seems to be going to spend mega£s on some other big names.

I wonder if T17 will play in one of the GP pre-season games before he signs off? It would boost Hibbo's game.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:25 pm

Bit like the faithful family dog dying. Best of luck Timmy.. Crying or Very sad

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:25 pm

save a fortune on wages, plus transfer fee. not a bad deal for us really.

go with my blessings tim, a great great evertonian.. LEGEND in my eyes Crying or Very sad Very Happy Crying or Very sad
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 12:28 am

Genuinely in shock here, I know it is for the best for Everton and him, he deserves to go like this and not be abused like some players who probably played on past their best in the past.

Probably my favourite all time Everton player and the closest thing the club has had to a "Legend" since the 80's.

Plus the kopites fucking hated him, so he's ok in my book, I hope he comes back and (no offence to him) he deserves ten times the ovation Duncan Ferguson got.

Good luck to him in America, I just hope this leads to LD9 coming back on a permanent deal.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 24 Jul 2012, 12:34 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Genuinely in shock here, I know it is for the best for Everton and him, he deserves to go like this and not be abused like some players who probably played on past their best in the past.

Probably my favourite all time Everton player and the closest thing the club has had to a "Legend" since the 80's.

Plus the kopites fucking hated him, so he's ok in my book, I hope he comes back and (no offence to him) he deserves ten times the ovation Duncan Ferguson got.

Good luck to him in America, I just hope this leads to LD9 coming back on a permanent deal.
I hadn't thought of the LD9 connection. Don't the US players have their contracts with the league rather than the club they play for? Interesting slant on things MC.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:38 am

Pretty sad to be honest but we all have to move on - Tim Cahill was a great servant to the club who never gave less than 100% where ever he was asked to play. Plus he leaves us with some great memories.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:10 am

Sad

mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:36 am

Rather surprised I must admit, but I can see him wanting to step down a bit, he was pretty marginal for us last season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 24 Jul 2012, 5:51 am

Toffee Dan wrote:Pretty sad to be honest but we all have to move on - Tim Cahill was a great servant to the club who never gave less than 100% where ever he was asked to play. Plus he leaves us with some great memories.

Ditto.

Will be really missed
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:32 am

I'd have liked to see him stay as an impact sub but maybe Tim feels he still merits a starting place. He'll be missed - by us anyway. The rest of the PL defences can't wait to see the back of him Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:47 am

Bluejags wrote:Bit like the faithful family dog dying. Best of luck Timmy.. Crying or Very sad

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 13 F_laugh great comparison!

Great servant to the club.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Kilted_Toffee Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:17 am

Not sure if its been said already but just in office and not got time to scroll through al previous posts.

Am i angry with Everton board/Moyes for selling? No
Am i sad we are losing a icon of the modern everton era? Yes
Do i think this will impact team and effect our chances of challenging for any cups/European qualififcations? No

Selling Cahill is great loss no doubt as he was loved by all and was truely an everton cult hero, but i think Moyes has been very shrowd (sp) in selling him. For a team like Everton, selling players is like looking after shares, sell when stocks are high or when value is best. Cahills value whether we like it or not was highest a few seasons ago and at least now we will get some money for him. Felli is our new cult hero and if you had asked me who i would rather, it would be Felli all day long due to his age.

I wish Tim all the best and hope some lucrative preseason friendlies are built into the contract with New York. Think they have just gained 40k+ supporters!!
Kilted_Toffee
Kilted_Toffee

Number of posts : 6253
Registration date : 2005-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 24 Jul 2012, 8:50 am

This thread needs a Youtube vid:

Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:06 am

I'm sure the shite, city, villa, Sunderland and Arsenal will be happy with his departure.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 24 Jul 2012, 9:58 am

Knew he loved scoring against the Shite & Man City, but didn't realise how many goals he had scored against Villa.

#supermanwearstimcahillpyjamas
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:03 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Genuinely in shock here, I know it is for the best for Everton and him, he deserves to go like this and not be abused like some players who probably played on past their best in the past.

I was thinking along the same lines - probably the no 1 Everton Legend of the current era and one of the great Evertonians of all time. Scored some incredibly important goals, clearly loved his time here and led by example. As others have said, the rest of the PL feared him more than any other Everton player and that indicates his importance to the Moyes Years.

Right time to go, but sad nonetheless.

End of an era.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

Super wrote:Knew he loved scoring against the Shite & Man City, but didn't realise how many goals he had scored against Villa.

#supermanwearstimcahillpyjamas

how many against each of them?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:23 am

It's a shame we're losing an icon and a talisman for our club, but his best years are past him, I think we all know that. Very few players 'get' everton like he did. He sums up Moyes's era, really. So I'm sad to see him go.

However, we thought similar about Mikel Arteta and we're still the same club after he left, we'll still be the same without cahill. We'll be Everton forever.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 24 Jul 2012, 10:25 am

Also we've got around his three game ban at the start of next season. cheers
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 24 Jul 2012, 11:39 am

May I take this thread down a nostalgic route.
Favourite Tim moments...........

Strangling Alonso on the build up to AJ's first goal in the 3-0 drubbing of the Shyte.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next