606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 2 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  callmebubbles Wed 04 Mar 2009, 11:43 am

Blue_Monkey wrote:I'm to stick my neck out and say that I think Big Mo will come good. He's going to be collosal over the next 4 (and hopefully more) years.

I remember the season that Vidic and Evra signed for Man Utd and there was a lot of talk about how they just weren't good enough / dodgy signings etc. The next season Vidic was immense (and still is) and Evra has cemented his place as Man Utd's first choice left back. I also remeber Alan Hansen and various other MOTD pundits saying that Drogba was shit after his first season at Chelsea (like they'd never even seen him play for Marseille - fucking ill-informed cock rings).

The thing about Fellaini is that he has been injured for part of the season, played up front for a good part of the season and is adjusting to life in a different league where he can barely speak the language (and don't give me the bollocks about how we all speak one language on the pitch).

In the two games against Liverpool I saw enough quality in Fellaini to make me think we'd secured a real quality signing (admittedly at a high price).

And a final thought, if he doesn't make it here that still doesn't mean he's a shit player. Plenty of brilliant players don't make it in British football. Some brilliant british players don't / didn't make it in other countries. It doesn't make them shit either.

He's shit! Very Happy
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 2 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Blue_Monkey Wed 04 Mar 2009, 11:48 am

callmebubbles wrote:
Blue_Monkey wrote:I'm to stick my neck out and say that I think Big Mo will come good. He's going to be collosal over the next 4 (and hopefully more) years.

I remember the season that Vidic and Evra signed for Man Utd and there was a lot of talk about how they just weren't good enough / dodgy signings etc. The next season Vidic was immense (and still is) and Evra has cemented his place as Man Utd's first choice left back. I also remeber Alan Hansen and various other MOTD pundits saying that Drogba was shit after his first season at Chelsea (like they'd never even seen him play for Marseille - fucking ill-informed cock rings).

The thing about Fellaini is that he has been injured for part of the season, played up front for a good part of the season and is adjusting to life in a different league where he can barely speak the language (and don't give me the bollocks about how we all speak one language on the pitch).

In the two games against Liverpool I saw enough quality in Fellaini to make me think we'd secured a real quality signing (admittedly at a high price).

And a final thought, if he doesn't make it here that still doesn't mean he's a shit player. Plenty of brilliant players don't make it in British football. Some brilliant british players don't / didn't make it in other countries. It doesn't make them shit either.

He's shit! Very Happy

lol! You just can't argue with that sort of considered logic. I should know. I applied the same argument to Big Vic. Who, for the record, is fucking shit.
Blue_Monkey
Blue_Monkey

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 04 Mar 2009, 12:29 pm

OK if he's struggling with the language can someone just teach him what "fuckin run you lazy twat" means, oh and "cut your fuckin hair"
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 04 Mar 2009, 12:38 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:OK if he's struggling with the language can someone just teach him what "fuckin run you lazy twat" means, oh and "cut your fuckin hair"

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 2 F_laugh
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 04 Mar 2009, 4:46 pm

Brummie No Mates wrote:
Synth_fg®️ wrote:He's playing with a cracked vertebrate FFS,
3 of our midfielders today were playing with injuries,
If we had anyone Bar Castillo and Shandy left
I was just about to post this!

Give the lad a break!

No pun intended. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 2 F_laugh 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 2 F_laugh 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 2 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 04 Mar 2009, 11:57 pm

Might have fuck all to do with him but I thought that West Brom's best spell came after Maro went off and our best spell tonight coincided with him coming on.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 05 Mar 2009, 12:28 am

Dixie Land wrote:Might have fuck all to do with him but I thought that West Brom's best spell came after Maro went off and our best spell tonight coincided with him coming on.

I tried to post on this thread after the match on saturday but my computer fucked up twice losing all my witty an insightful commentary. So I'll post this shite instead.

On Saturday, Fellaini sat quite a lot deeper and I actually saw him chase back with some purpose a couple of times which I've never seen him do before. He suffered for not being match fit....or having a broken back or something, the wuss. He tried to do a lot of the right things but more often than not he was just not quite there in terms of weight and accuracy. The kind of things that come with not being match fit or playing with an injury.

IMHO, his yellow card would not have been given to any other player on the pitch. It was a nothing card and the ball was there to be challenged for. Anyways he's got himself a big dunc reputation now and I can't really see why....other than he's a bit clumsy and he sticks out, we never got wound up at dunc for stupid fouls so we might as well get on with it. Fuck all's gonna change.

I'm not totally convinced by fellaini by any means, but I won't write him off until he's had a chance to settle. He's never £15 million player, but then again, we've not forked out £15 million on him yet. I think it'll take him time to learn the language and pick up the speed of the premier league, the most annoying thing is, it's time we don't have right now and this season is good an opportunity to get a champion's league place as we're likely to see any time soon.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Thu 05 Mar 2009, 9:08 am

Dixie Land wrote:Might have fuck all to do with him but I thought that West Brom's best spell came after Maro went off and our best spell tonight coincided with him coming on.

lol!

but the straws down Dixie Wink
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 2 Empty Fellaini - a question

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 09 Jun 2009, 10:43 pm

If you knew you could recoup the £15m fee, would you sell him?

Bearing in mind the cash could be used to bring in, say, Moutinho or a top DM?

I know he's done well in that second striker role but that was not the purpose of his signing. With Yak returning, Cahill behind him and the likes of Saha, Vaughan and maybe another centre forward coming in, he'd have to revert back to a central role where, if we're being honest, he looks fuckin gash.

Just one to ponder in the post-season boredom.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 09 Jun 2009, 11:12 pm

No way, the lad's still very young and will get better as he learns the game.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 09 Jun 2009, 11:22 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:No way, the lad's still very young and will get better as he learns the game.

Even if it meant having this fella instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMk955wWVH8&feature=related
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee Tue 09 Jun 2009, 11:39 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:No way, the lad's still very young and will get better as he learns the game.

Even if it meant having this fella instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMk955wWVH8&feature=related

Swap!!!
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazbow Wed 10 Jun 2009, 12:32 am

swap for me too.
Gazbow
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18433
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 10 Jun 2009, 12:51 am

Get to fuck.

Fellaini has proved himself in the Premier League which is faster and more physical than any other league in Europe. Also, what was the score in this tie over 2 legs??? About 10,0000-nil if Im not mistaken.... OK 7-1... that is 7-1 or 7-1 or 7-1 . For people who cannot read numbers that is SEVEN - ONE. or SEVEN - ONE or SEVEN FUCKING BASTARD ONE . That means once again that the team with Moutinho scored ONE and the team WITHOUT Moutinho scored SEVEN!!! thats SEVEN erm... thats FUCKING SEVEN!!!!!!!!

1,2,3,4,5,6, FUCKING SEVEN ..... 7...... 7...... SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN.......

7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7

Personally, I dont remember Fellaini playing in a side that conceeded SEVEN fucking goals.

Come on lads, wake up.

He may have scored a wonder goal but so did Michael Owen and he is still a cunt.

I want to sign Moutinho but not just because I have seen a 1 minute video on YouTwat. Fellaini has proved himself over the course of a season for Christs sake. Even Stephen Hunt looks good on the highlight show......

INFACT.... DIDNT DWIGHT YORKE SCORE A GOAL AGAINST US WHEN WE BEAT SUNDERLAND 7-1??????

SIGN HIM UP DAVIE... HE MUST BE FUCKING GOOD.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 10 Jun 2009, 1:18 am

If money was tight and someone offered us - say - £17-18M and the replacement was definitely A1 material - then yes. By the same token we could raise money by selling a near 30 year old Tim Cahill (probably for more than we could imagine - close to £8-10M for a player with about 2 or so years left in the tank) or Mikel Arteta, who like Tim Cahill, is "off the books" having been here through his first contract. Again Mikel would fetch circa £20M and it would all be profit. Lescott is 3/4 or 3/5 the way through his first contract so nominally is valued at around £1.5/2M on the books - likewise we could cash in.

To give you some idea of what the accounts value the squad at:

Fellaini 11.25 (3/4)
Yakubu 6.75 (3/5)
Baines 3.6 (3/5)
Jagielka 2.4 (3/5)
Howard 1.8 (3/5)
Lescott 1.4 (1/4)
Pienaar 1.0 (2/4)

The rest are paid off or youth - so - with the magnificent transfer record Moyesie has - the entire squad is "valued" at just £28M

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 10 Jun 2009, 6:49 am

keep him, he has gelled into the team and is a good asset.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Ol' Mother Hibbert Wed 10 Jun 2009, 8:19 am

I'd keep Felli too, as Cahill's long term replacement or whichever position he ends up in as he develops. As Dan points out Cahill has only a few first team seasons left realistically and is slightly injury prone. I'd be happier with an offer for him at this point.
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Ol' Mother Hibbert

Number of posts : 4340

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 10 Jun 2009, 8:21 am

Dixie Land wrote:Get to fuck.

Fellaini has proved himself in the Premier League which is faster and more physical than any other league in Europe. Also, what was the score in this tie over 2 legs??? About 10,0000-nil if Im not mistaken.... OK 7-1... that is 7-1 or 7-1 or 7-1 . For people who cannot read numbers that is SEVEN - ONE. or SEVEN - ONE or SEVEN FUCKING BASTARD ONE . That means once again that the team with Moutinho scored ONE and the team WITHOUT Moutinho scored SEVEN!!! thats SEVEN erm... thats FUCKING SEVEN!!!!!!!!

1,2,3,4,5,6, FUCKING SEVEN ..... 7...... 7...... SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN.......

Personally, I dont remember Fellaini playing in a side that conceeded SEVEN fucking goals.

Come on lads, wake up.

He may have scored a wonder goal but so did Michael Owen and he is still a cunt.

I want to sign Moutinho but not just because I have seen a 1 minute video on YouTwat. Fellaini has proved himself over the course of a season for Christs sake. Even Stephen Hunt looks good on the highlight show......

INFACT.... DIDNT DWIGHT YORKE SCORE A GOAL AGAINST US WHEN WE BEAT SUNDERLAND 7-1??????

I just knew you were gonna bite mate cheers
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 10 Jun 2009, 9:07 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:

Come on lads, wake up.

I just knew you were gonna bite mate cheers
lol!
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee Wed 10 Jun 2009, 9:07 am

Come on lads, wake up.

Arsenal 7 Everton 0. With Yobo and Arteta. I wouldn't have 'em in any of my teams. That's 7-0 in old money, and I'm sure you can all read 7-0 with Yobo and Arteta.
Smile
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Wed 10 Jun 2009, 9:12 am

In the abstract hypothetical world of Championship Manager or forum 'Elevens' then my answer is yes. On paper and in terms of isolated qualities, Moutinho is a better player.

Unfortunately, in reality players don't get tested this way. I'm sure Moutinho is still a better all round player than Fellaini, but because football is about situation and circumstance (who and where you are playing, and in what) and about systems and the players that comprise those systems, you can't reaaly isolate a few abstract qualities and say one player is better. There is every chance Moutinho may not 'fit' at Everton or in the Premier League, while we already know that Fellaini can (in certain set ups).

Again, Moutinho would probably be fine in the league, but because I know Fellaini is already, I'll stick.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 10 Jun 2009, 9:22 am

My own view is that fellaini is a great player, good first touch, good vision, looks comfortable on the ball, and he makes up for a lack of pace with his outstanding hair.

I think he improves the team because he see the runs people are making and he makes himself available. I guess Moutinho would also improve the team, but I'd rather build with the players we've got than chop and change like rafa does....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 10 Jun 2009, 9:36 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:My own view is that fellaini is a great player, good first touch, good vision, looks comfortable on the ball, and he makes up for a lack of pace with his outstanding hair.

I think he improves the team because he see the runs people are making and he makes himself available. I guess Moutinho would also improve the team, but I'd rather build with the players we've got than chop and change like rafa does....

When everyone is fit where would you play him? Has he done enough to be guaranteed that second striker role cos I wouldn't guarantee him a central mid spot?
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 10 Jun 2009, 10:45 am

Really unfair to compare Fellaini with Moutinho as they are completely different type players.

The point with Fellaini is that he is still developing while Moutinho is perhaps in his peak. Ive no doubt Fellaini will go on to get better and better with each season. People forget he's just a kid who cant speak English whose still managed to net 9 goals following a huge step up from the Belgian league in just under a season. Its a phenominal achievement really.

We all know Fellaini's overall team contribution needs to improve but once you get this we will have a frightening player on our hands - who could potentially eclipse the contrbution that Tim Cahill has made over the past few seasons.

Someone else posted on this thread that if we had to sell anyone it would be Tim Cahill. I would have to agree with this for the reason he's nearly 30 now and still flying around every few weeks to play for Australia. I have really big concerns that he can no longer pull this off and feel that Tim could be finished in 2 years if he doesnt make some tough decisions soon. We could get £10m now for him but his value would diminish each season.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Wed 10 Jun 2009, 10:48 am

At 22, I'd be worried about Moutinho being at his peak! He's only a year or so older than Fellaini.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next