606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 6 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Armchair Mon 14 Sep - 14:46

I thought Jo did ok, bearing in mind the service was rubbish.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 6 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 14 Sep - 14:52

deja vu, this time last year were we not saying the same?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 14 Sep - 14:58

Tonteau wrote:Was miles better than Jo when he came on.

I agree with that. I dont rate Jo much if Im honest - Im glad we've got him on loan rather than a permanent deal.

He's not a bad striker - just has something missing that prevents him becoming a top player.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 14 Sep - 15:15

Cahill the Great wrote:

I agree with that. I dont rate Jo much if Im honest - Im glad we've got him on loan rather than a permanent deal.

He's not a bad striker - just has something missing that prevents him becoming a top player.

Yeah he only has a left foot.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 14 Sep - 15:18

Super wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

It would have been worse if he had two left feet.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 14 Sep - 15:22

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Think he would be better if he ahd two left feet
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 14 Sep - 15:32

Super wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Think he would be better if he ahd two left feet
He'd just walk around in a circle though. tongue
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 14 Sep - 15:58

I'm in two minds about Jo, really. I mean his movement is ace and he links up well. But his is finishing is hit and miss even with his good foot, his ability to play the offside trap is ropey at best and he is piss-weak. Big problem is, we're not playing 'Jo' type football right now. We're not being clever or silky and playing it on the floor. We're whacking it up to him and it's fucking hopeless. Fellaini won more balls in the 15 odd minutes he was on than, Jo did the entire game. Until we start playing lovely passing football we might as well bench him, cos he sure as hell isn't going to put in a shift for us.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 14 Sep - 15:59

Diamond wrote:

I dont think so

Fair enough. You're wrong. But fair enough.

I cant even recall Jo having a shot on target.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 14 Sep - 16:01

Tonteau wrote:
Diamond wrote:

I dont think so

The bbc stats have us as having 7 shots on target, apart from Cahill's goal can't remember where the other 6 came from??
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 14 Sep - 16:05

Super wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Diamond wrote:

I dont think so

The bbc stats have us as having 7 shots on target, apart from Cahill's goal can't remember where the other 6 came from??

Rodwell and ossie had one a piece, I think. And Fellaini and Yobo had shots saved/cleared off the line in quick succession.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 14 Sep - 16:05

Tonteau wrote:I'm in two minds about Jo, really. I mean his movement is ace and he links up well. But his is finishing is hit and miss even with his good foot, his ability to play the offside trap is ropey at best and he is piss-weak. Big problem is, we're not playing 'Jo' type football right now. We're not being clever or silky and playing it on the floor. We're whacking it up to him and it's fucking hopeless. Fellaini won more balls in the 15 odd minutes he was on than, Jo did the entire game. Until we start playing lovely passing football we might as well bench him, cos he sure as hell isn't going to put in a shift for us.

He cant head the ball either. Unless you play it to his feet - he is useless and wont chase the ball back when he loses it.

Right now - not the player we need at this momment in time.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 14 Sep - 16:47

I just hope Yak comes back firing on all cylinders, cos Saha & Jo are no fucking use to us as strikers for one reason and another.

We're dooooomed I tell ye!

Give the captain's armband to Borat Fellaini, at least we'd get a bit of a laugh out of it.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Mon 14 Sep - 16:49

Cahill the Great wrote:

a pass to his feet or into space
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 14 Sep - 16:50

hairy cataract wrote:I just hope Yak comes back firing on all cylinders, cos Saha & Jo are no fucking use to us as strikers for one reason and another.

Give the captain's armband to Borat Fellaini, at least we'd get a bit of a laugh out of it.

Saha is quality. Just picks up too many injuries.

Does anyone know why he didnt play on Sunday? I didnt hear of any injury prior to the game scratch
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 14 Sep - 16:53

Cahill the Great wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I just hope Yak comes back firing on all cylinders, cos Saha & Jo are no fucking use to us as strikers for one reason and another.

Saha is quality. Just picks up too many injuries.

Does anyone know why he didnt play on Sunday? I didnt hear of any injury prior to the game scratch

Tight hamstring. Hence hairy's "One reason or another" comment.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  detroitblue Mon 14 Sep - 16:54

afro Shocked

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Osman for captain, everyone would think he's the mascot! 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 6 Doh
detroitblue
detroitblue

Number of posts : 6282
Registration date : 2006-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 14 Sep - 16:59

The Griffin wrote:Has anyone got any 'contacts' with any other club? Halesowen Town have, unfortunately, gone into administration otherwise I would nip up there and see if they fancied loaning him for the next 5 years. Hairy and StJ couple pick up his wage and expenses tab.

What a lolloping pile of Belgian shite!

They can have Cahill, Pienaar, Neville and Osman as well the way they are playing this season. They would probably have to settle for a place on the Halesowen bench but at least we might get some players who look like they give a shit. Infact, Yobo and Hibbert can fuck off with them as well.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  detroitblue Mon 14 Sep - 17:38

Dixie Land wrote:
The Griffin wrote:Has anyone got any 'contacts' with any other club? Halesowen Town have, unfortunately, gone into administration otherwise I would nip up there and see if they fancied loaning him for the next 5 years. Hairy and StJ couple pick up his wage and expenses tab.

They can have Cahill, Pienaar, Neville and Osman as well the way they are playing this season. They would probably have to settle for a place on the Halesowen bench but at least we might get some players who look like they give a shit. Infact, Yobo and Hibbert can fuck off with them as well.

And take that cunt Moyles with 'em too! the twat!!
detroitblue
detroitblue

Number of posts : 6282
Registration date : 2006-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 14 Sep - 17:41

detroitblue wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

And take that cunt Moyles with 'em too! the twat!!

Only if he cant play right back. tongue
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Garry Adams Mon 14 Sep - 18:22

Jo is rubbish, give him a chance inside the area, with a bit of time and some confidence and he'll put it away. Give him some work to do and he's about as useless as me. And that's useless.
Garry Adams
Garry Adams

Number of posts : 6065
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Mon 14 Sep - 20:27

we have a sad state of affairs at the club at the moment, we have an technically gifted attacking midfielder ( Cahill ) and a not very technical midfielder in Felliani - and nobody else in MF who can put their foot on the ball, i still believe we have never recovered from losing Carsley, and when teams come at Everton we shit it - it showed yestarday, as it did against Burnley, and Wigan.

i can't stress enough how much of a ball winner Everton need, either than or go back to playing 4-4-2.

Very Happy

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 14 Sep - 23:05

Bryan wrote:we have a sad state of affairs at the club at the moment, we have an technically gifted attacking midfielder ( Cahill ) and a not very technical midfielder in Felliani - and nobody else in MF who can put their foot on the ball, i still believe we have never recovered from losing Carsley, and when teams come at Everton we shit it - it showed yestarday, as it did against Burnley, and Wigan.

i can't stress enough how much of a ball winner Everton need, either than or go back to playing 4-4-2.

Very Happy

think you've got that the wrong way round mate. fellaini is technically good, he's just a fuckin lazy bastard who cant be arsed. cahill has been shite so far this season
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 14 Sep - 23:31

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Bryan wrote:we have a sad state of affairs at the club at the moment, we have an technically gifted attacking midfielder ( Cahill ) and a not very technical midfielder in Felliani - and nobody else in MF who can put their foot on the ball, i still believe we have never recovered from losing Carsley, and when teams come at Everton we shit it - it showed yestarday, as it did against Burnley, and Wigan.

Very Happy

think you've got that the wrong way round mate. fellaini is technically good, he's just a fuckin lazy bastard who cant be arsed. cahill has been shite so far this season

Still think Pienaar should have scored after Fellaini played the only decent through ball of the game. Not bad seeing as he was only on the pitch for 20 mins. Fair play to Pienaar that he lost his balance after taking a touch but I think he should have buried it. Also, I thought Fellaini won more of Yobo's useless long balls than anyone else in a blue shirt, again not bad as he was only on for 20 mins.

Dont get me wrong, Fellaini was shite and lazy yesterday it was just that he showed more in a cameo than other, more experienced players did in 90 mins (as you said earlier TBB). I think people try to make Fellaini into a scapegoat if Im honest even when he wasnt even on the pitch for the majority of the game.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 14 Sep - 23:44

Dixie Land wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:

Very Happy

Still think Pienaar should have scored after Fellaini played the only decent through ball of the game. Not bad seeing as he was only on the pitch for 20 mins. Fair play to Pienaar that he lost his balance after taking a touch but I think he should have buried it. Also, I thought Fellaini won more of Yobo's useless long balls than anyone else in a blue shirt, again not bad as he was only on for 20 mins.

Dont get me wrong, Fellaini was shite and lazy yesterday it was just that he showed more in a cameo than other, more experienced players did in 90 mins (as you said earlier TBB). I think people try to make Fellaini into a scapegoat if Im honest even when he wasnt even on the pitch for the majority of the game.

i agree mate, same as the wigan game. if he hadn't come off the bench we wouldn't have won. and yesterday had he not come on we wouldn't have come anywhere near to getting an undeserved point
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next