606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

+52
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Super
SEFTON
El Pablo
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Albert
WellOilBeefHooked
Cahill the Great
Michael Crosby S74
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Hinchcliffe Corner
fatboblatch
Kilted_Toffee
Bryan
MagicMike
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
Luka Perfect
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
BB
Da Judge
Diamond
tadpole
Brummie No Mates
yankthetoffee
notepad
Valentino Blue
VenezuelaBlue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
56 posters

Page 13 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 13 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Dixie Land Sun 13 May 2012, 10:12 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Saw a tweet earlier cant find it now from one of the echo journalists saying Baines doesn't want to leave. 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 13 Confused
He seems to be a "one-club player. I know that doesn't make sense since he was at Wigan, but can't see him doing what Bellamy and Anelka, for instance, have done by changing clubs every other season. If we could sign Pienaar, I think that would help us in keeping Baines as well.

He played for Wigan for 5 seasons and has now been at Everton for.... 5 seasons. pale
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 13 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 13 May 2012, 10:17 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Saw a tweet earlier cant find it now from one of the echo journalists saying Baines doesn't want to leave. 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 13 Confused
He seems to be a "one-club player. I know that doesn't make sense since he was at Wigan, but can't see him doing what Bellamy and Anelka, for instance, have done by changing clubs every other season. If we could sign Pienaar, I think that would help us in keeping Baines as well.

He played for Wigan for 5 seasons and has now been at Everton for.... 5 seasons. pale
pale pale pale Allegedly SAF thinks he can get Baines for a pack of crisps... 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 13 F_doh Rolling Eyes
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74437
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 13 May 2012, 10:19 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

pale pale pale Allegedly SAF thinks he can get Baines for a pack of crisps... 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 13 F_doh Rolling Eyes

Apparently Bayern, Chelsea and Spurs are all also interested. Rumours are that Bayern would pay up to £15 million for Baines. If he is going then we should at least get top dollar for him with so many interested.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 13 May 2012, 10:56 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Apparently Bayern, Chelsea and Spurs are all also interested. Rumours are that Bayern would pay up to £15 million for Baines. If he is going then we should at least get top dollar for him with so many interested.
Maybe I am stupid here, but I can see us getting more than £15 million for him. As a matter fo fact, I'd be rather disappointed if we didn't get at least £20 million for him. He's an established international, and he's still young so he would have a sell-on value of some form.

But, I'd be gutted to see us starting to sell players from a team that really could start pushing upwards in the table.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 13 May 2012, 10:58 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Maybe I am stupid here, but I can see us getting more than £15 million for him. As a matter fo fact, I'd be rather disappointed if we didn't get at least £20 million for him. He's an established international, and he's still young so he would have a sell-on value of some form.

But, I'd be gutted to see us starting to sell players from a team that really could start pushing upwards in the table.
Tell them all to fuck off ... end

Number of posts : 41060

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 13 May 2012, 11:04 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Tell them all to fuck off ... end
Laughing Not sure it will be that easy in the end. But, I hope that Baines sees that he's got a good deal with us, a club on the up.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 14 May 2012, 12:06 am

Who knows?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/251010/David-Moyes-Leighton-Baines-stays/?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 22 May 2012, 11:05 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-have-opened-talks-with-everton-844069

there's a lot of newsprint to fill now the season's over.

It was the bit about Everton having a ready-made replacement in Distin that made me guffaw. That and the bit about using the Baines money to buy Pienaar. What's the point in buying Pienaar if we sell Baines?

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25886

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 23 May 2012, 9:53 am

hairy cataract wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-have-opened-talks-with-everton-844069

It was the bit about Everton having a ready-made replacement in Distin that made me guffaw. That and the bit about using the Baines money to buy Pienaar. What's the point in buying Pienaar if we sell Baines?

It would have to be a big money offer to tempt Baines away from Everton. Ive no big issue with Everton selling anyone if they get a decent wedge. Sell your players while they are still on the up and invest the profit in the squad. Its really the only business model we have. But Baines will particularly be difficult to replace and could have a knock on effect on Pienaar deal.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Wed 23 May 2012, 10:38 am

Love no matter what happens at Everton some nobheads (on twitter mainly) always find something to moan about.

I would not like to see him sold, but, once again, he would be a player sold at a profit if nothing else, this is the way of the world and Everton more often than not do well and get a fair price.

Some of the hysterics (based on a rumour) has been laughable.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 23 May 2012, 5:11 pm

Bluejags wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-have-opened-talks-with-everton-844069

It would have to be a big money offer to tempt Baines away from Everton. Ive no big issue with Everton selling anyone if they get a decent wedge. Sell your players while they are still on the up and invest the profit in the squad. Its really the only business model we have. But Baines will particularly be difficult to replace and could have a knock on effect on Pienaar deal.

That article say 12M ... surely that's not enough for Davey to let him go... 20M may get a pulse moving, but not 12M .. IMO

Number of posts : 41060

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 23 May 2012, 5:14 pm

I am almost certain that Leighton Baines won't be at Everton next season. Crying or Very sad
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 23 May 2012, 5:33 pm

£12m

what would we get as a replacement?

Can't think of a natural replacement that would fill the boots and leave us with change.

Put Phil Neville back and buy a decent RB. Would rather stick with Baines and pish at RB
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 24 May 2012, 10:03 am

Assuming Baines does go to ManUre.... how do you think he will do there?

I must admit, I think its a bit of a Pienaar situation. I rate Baines very highly but he has failed to impress in an England shirt, mainly because he always looks like he doesn't believe he really belongs there. I'm not 100% convinced he could make the step up to the level expected at a top CL side. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back here on loan at some point.

One thing for sure - if he does go to ManUre, he'll suddenly become an England regular instead of a squaddie.... Amazing what wearing a ManUre shirt, or a RS shirt, does to an England manager's perceptions.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25886

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Thu 24 May 2012, 12:49 pm

EVERTON FC have not received any contact from Manchester United despite persistent speculation the Red Devils want to sign Leighton Baines this summer.

Reports surfaced yesterday claiming Old Trafford chief executive David Gill had opened negotiations with Bill Kenwright over a deal for the England defender, but that is not the case.

It is not the first time national newspaper stories have linked Baines with a switch to United.

Rumours began again last month after the emergence of one errant report that Alex Ferguson was weighing up a £5m bid – on the morning the Toffees damaged the his Premier League title hopes by holding United to a 4-4 draw on April 22.

But the ECHO believes Baines, who has three years left on his current deal, is not pushing for a Goodison exit – and sources close to United have cast doubt over whether he is a bona fide target.

Ferguson does need cover for Patrice Evra, 31, with left-back Fabio Silva set to be allowed to join Benfica on loan next term.

But with the Scot planning to strengthen his squad in a number of areas, it remains to be seen whether he would be willing to pay in excess of £15m for a player only four years younger than respected France international Evra, who managed 47 appearances last season.

Equally, Baines – rated as second only to Ashley Cole in terms of the best English left-back – could be reluctant to accept a place on the bench at Old Trafford.

That might change if the Blues’ financial circumstances lead them to accept a high bid for the player they signed from Wigan Athletic in 2007, and if Baines is given guarantees about playing time at Old Trafford.

Everton’s summer transfer policy remains unclear for the time being, with David Moyes on holiday and unsure about his budget.

The transfer window does not reopen until June 1, and their priority remains a permanent deal for Steven Pienaar – but the Blues look likely to have to sell before they can buy, which will further lend credence to speculation around Baines.

However, tough negotiator Kenwright would not be willing to accept anything but huge bids for the club’s key saleable assets, and the asking price for Baines could be enough to deter supposed interest from United and Bayern Munich.
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 24 May 2012, 2:05 pm

From my rugby playing career I can certify that getting into a team in the captain's position just guarantees lots of 15 minute cameos. He'd be a fool to go to Manure.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 24 May 2012, 2:54 pm

the transfer window opens on June 1st? scratch (As per that article).
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Thu 24 May 2012, 10:17 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/05/24/everton-fc-have-had-no-manchester-united-approach-over-leighton-baines-transfer-100252-31035299/

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 24 May 2012, 11:53 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/05/24/everton-fc-have-had-no-manchester-united-approach-over-leighton-baines-transfer-100252-31035299/

Sooner or later a club is going to take to task the newspapers who fill the columns with news-making as opposed to news breaking stories. It would be nice to see the players agree a code of conduct that prohibits their representatives from grafting and going public. Do not have a problem them looking after their player - do have a problem them touting it in the press.

I am sure in this instance Baines is not unsettled (despite SAF efforts the day of the 4-4 cheers

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9793
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 30 May 2012, 10:28 pm

England full-back Leighton Baines insists he is focused on Euro 2012 rather than his own future.
Everton left-back Baines heads into the tournament with Manchester United being strongly linked with a move for his services this summer.
Baines has had another fine season at Goodison Park and is flattered by the speculation but is adamant all his thoughts are on helping England in Poland and Ukraine.
He said: "The United link is flattering. There is no harm in people talking about it because it is a great club.
"But I'm at a great club as well, a club that I love. The focus now is all on the tournament. There's not much time to let other things seep in.
"It's about getting your head on this job for the next six weeks and try to do the best you can.
"I'm not letting my focus shift to [my future] while I am in camp. I'm focused on what I'm doing at the moment."
Asked if it would be hard to leave Everton, he added: "Yes, obviously. You know what it means. I've been there for five years myself but also know first-hand what it means to a lot of people."

Hmmmmmmm..................
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Wed 30 May 2012, 11:13 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:England full-back Leighton Baines insists he is focused on Euro 2012 rather than his own future.
Everton left-back Baines heads into the tournament with Manchester United being strongly linked with a move for his services this summer.
Baines has had another fine season at Goodison Park and is flattered by the speculation but is adamant all his thoughts are on helping England in Poland and Ukraine.
He said: "The United link is flattering. There is no harm in people talking about it because it is a great club.
"But I'm at a great club as well, a club that I love. The focus now is all on the tournament. There's not much time to let other things seep in.
"It's about getting your head on this job for the next six weeks and try to do the best you can.
"I'm not letting my focus shift to [my future] while I am in camp. I'm focused on what I'm doing at the moment."
Asked if it would be hard to leave Everton, he added: "Yes, obviously. You know what it means. I've been there for five years myself but also know first-hand what it means to a lot of people."

Would like to see the whole interview.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6848
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 30 May 2012, 11:39 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:England full-back Leighton Baines insists he is focused on Euro 2012 rather than his own future.

Our 3rd group game isn't six weeks away is it? scratch
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:28 pm

£18m

pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:51 pm

Bryan wrote:£18m

Where?
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6848
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 04 Jun 2012, 10:08 pm

Lumper wrote:
Bryan wrote:£18m

Where?

He's off to Pompey.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22560
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next