606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

+52
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Super
SEFTON
El Pablo
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Albert
WellOilBeefHooked
Cahill the Great
Michael Crosby S74
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Hinchcliffe Corner
fatboblatch
Kilted_Toffee
Bryan
MagicMike
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
Luka Perfect
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
BB
Da Judge
Diamond
tadpole
Brummie No Mates
yankthetoffee
notepad
Valentino Blue
VenezuelaBlue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
56 posters

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 5 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:24 pm

Tonteau wrote:If SWP gets the nod ahead of Johnson that leaves us with no naturally left footed wide player. Daft decision. I like Johnson, I reckon he should go. He's got some real skill on the ball and is about the only england player capapble of beating a man with a bit of trickery.

He seems to have more about him to change a game than SWP, and you want your subs to be impact players. I think a bit of reckless youth is a good thing, especially when things in a game are desperate.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 5 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Tonteau Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:38 pm

BAAAXXXTTTERRRRRRR!!!!!!! wrote:
Tonteau wrote:If SWP gets the nod ahead of Johnson that leaves us with no naturally left footed wide player. Daft decision. I like Johnson, I reckon he should go. He's got some real skill on the ball and is about the only england player capapble of beating a man with a bit of trickery.

He seems to have more about him to change a game than SWP, and you want your subs to be impact players. I think a bit of reckless youth is a good thing, especially when things in a game are desperate.

Which you can bet they will be.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:40 pm

paul wrote:
Perfect Heit wrote:I think Capello has to go, his world cup squad breaks all the rules he set up at the start of his tenure, the squad is no so weak that they won't even reachthe semis, Warnock, Barry, Hargreaves and King just to mention a few have been injured for the end of the season and Carragher was brought out of retirement after a dreadful season
to be fair king played the last few games for spurs and is a quality player so dont mind him too much

so much for form though, SWP is behind Johnson in the pecking order at city, but SWP is going, Heskey has 3 goals this season compared to Bent's 24 but he is going (based on league goals), carrick hsa been utter shit the last few weeks of the season, obv he goes, Cole (love him think he's fantastic so glad he's there but...) hardly played at all

He's just done the standard England manager naming the 'big' names, thought he had balls, very very wrong

no , Ledley King has a knee condition where he can't play more than 1 game a week - how will he cope with all the matches and possible extra time etc later on - he won't - also how can SWP go ahead of Johnson , big mistake
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:41 pm

Perfect Heit wrote:
paul wrote:
Perfect Heit wrote:I think Capello has to go, his world cup squad breaks all the rules he set up at the start of his tenure, the squad is no so weak that they won't even reachthe semis, Warnock, Barry, Hargreaves and King just to mention a few have been injured for the end of the season and Carragher was brought out of retirement after a dreadful season
to be fair king played the last few games for spurs and is a quality player so dont mind him too much

so much for form though, SWP is behind Johnson in the pecking order at city, but SWP is going, Heskey has 3 goals this season compared to Bent's 24 but he is going (based on league goals), carrick hsa been utter shit the last few weeks of the season, obv he goes, Cole (love him think he's fantastic so glad he's there but...) hardly played at all

He's just done the standard England manager naming the 'big' names, thought he had balls, very very wrong

no , Ledley King has a knee condition where he can't play more than 1 game a week - how will he cope with all the matches and possible extra time etc later on - he won't - also how can SWP go ahead of Johnson , big mistake

That's not strictly true. He played something like 4 games in a 10 day period at the end of last season. He knee is buggered, though.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:41 pm

Perfect Heit wrote:
paul wrote:

last 15 days of the season he played 4 matches, similar to what the world cup would entail - i know he has the problem but he's said recently that he's playing more and training more on it so she should be ok
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:42 pm

lol! lol! just realised Upson is still going, what a fucking farse this is from capello
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:50 pm

paul wrote:lol! lol! just realised Upson is still going, what a fucking farse this is from capello

World Cup or Las Vegas????

ROTHERHAM striker Drewe Broughton will get married without his best man this summer - because England World Cup duty calls. Broughton, 31, would have had Matt Upson by his side in Las Vegas next month but now hopes his long-term pal is travelling to South Africa instead. The pair first met as England youth internationals and, while Broughton has had 17 clubs, West Ham's Upson has forged a career at the very top. Broughton, whose side lead Aldershot 1-0 heading into tonight's second leg of the League Two play-off semi-final, said: "Matt was going to be my best man but now I am hoping he will get into Fabio Capello's final 23."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:58 pm

Tonteau wrote:
BAAAXXXTTTERRRRRRR!!!!!!! wrote:

Which you can bet they will be.

Laughing So true.

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:02 pm

paul wrote:
Perfect Heit wrote:
paul wrote:

last 15 days of the season he played 4 matches, similar to what the world cup would entail - i know he has the problem but he's said recently that he's playing more and training more on it so she should be ok

king

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:03 pm

Leighton Baines has made a right royal fuck up. He should learn from this.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:04 pm

100% GTD (even though we already knew)

1600: Breaking news: The seven England players to miss out on a World Cup place are: Leighton Baines, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Scott Parker, Adam Johnson, Theo Walcott, Darren Bent.
paul
paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:07 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Leighton Baines has made a right royal fuck up. He should learn from this.

What the fuck are you on about?
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:09 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Leighton Baines has made a right royal fuck up. He should learn from this.

Him not going is great for us. We need a great start for a fully fit squad next year.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:11 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Him not going is great for us. We need a great start for a fully fit squad next year.

Im not so sure. I think that going to the World Cup would have been a huge lift for him and that he would have been able to hit the ground running for us next season as after going to the World Cup (no matter how little he featured). This could mean that his head is down next season and we dont see the best of him.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:14 pm

Yes, he should never play for England and just concentrate on being an Everton player. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:16 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Played poorly against Mexico and then mentions he suffers badly from homesick as an excuse. The team played badly and Baines could have responded to this in a much better way being positive about himself etc. Hit the self distruct button instead.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:17 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Im not so sure. I think that going to the World Cup would have been a huge lift for him and that he would have been able to hit the ground running for us next season as after going to the World Cup (no matter how little he featured). This could mean that his head is down next season and we dont see the best of him.

Home sickness Dixie? He knows WAGS arent allowed this year maybe he spoke to Fab?
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:19 pm

I have a feeling that this is not about Baines' ability to play football.

I think that it is because of the talk of Baines getting homesick and also that Baines is a very quiet and shy bloke who perhaps finds it difficult to be around such big perosnalities (or gobshites if you like) as there are in the England squad.

I feel sorry for the guy as I dont think he would have let the country down if he was called on where as I would shit myself if Warnock played against one of the big countries. I would even be tempted to pick Carragher ahead of Warnock at right back if Cole was rested/injured, which may even be the case.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazbow Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:19 pm

Mentioning home sickness... I was like what the fuck... Your a fully grown man mate.
Gazbow
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18433
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:20 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Home sickness Dixie? He knows WAGS arent allowed this year maybe he spoke to Fab?

lol!

It was a chance for Baines to mix it with the Jo'burg prostitutes. Im sure that would cure his homesickess... probably give him a lot of other ailments to worry about but Im sure you dont think about home when your cock is green and about to drop off. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:26 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

lol!

It was a chance for Baines to mix it with the Jo'burg prostitutes. Im sure that would cure his homesickess... probably give him a lot of other ailments to worry about but Im sure you dont think about home when your cock is green and about to drop off. Very Happy

lol!

Yes that would top it all 6 of our first teamers next season out with nob rot Suspect

Heskey? King? I thought England had a chance to.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 01 Jun 2010, 4:28 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Played poorly against Mexico and then mentions he suffers badly from homesick as an excuse. The team played badly and Baines could have responded to this in a much better way being positive about himself etc. Hit the self distruct button instead.

Pssh. Nonsense. It was never an excuse. He said he'd always struggled with it, but once he settled in he felt a part of the group and everyone had been great.

He held his hands up and said he'd like to have played better against mexico. But he was left badly exposed by his team mates and Capello's formation. Carrick played like an utter muppet and he's still in the squad.

If indeed he does struggle badly with it, then it's maybe his own decision to leave the squad and it's probably for the best he's not there anyways. Not that he'd have been there for long, mind.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 01 Jun 2010, 5:57 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:USA USA USA!

Fuck off Ingerlund. Could have got on board knowing there was an Everton player in the squad and part of the emotional journey to QF penalty shootout heartache, but fuck that now. Hope A.Cole breaks his leg and RS gargoyle Warnock scores a last minute oggie to cost England qualification.

this, too.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Tue 01 Jun 2010, 6:56 pm

Dixie Land wrote:I have a feeling that this is not about Baines' ability to play football.

I think that it is because of the talk of Baines getting homesick and also that Baines is a very quiet and shy bloke who perhaps finds it difficult to be around such big perosnalities (or gobshites if you like) as there are in the England squad.

I feel sorry for the guy as I dont think he would have let the country down if he was called on where as I would shit myself if Warnock played against one of the big countries. I would even be tempted to pick Carragher ahead of Warnock at right back if Cole was rested/injured, which may even be the case.

He is not ready for it simple as. He is already questioning his own ability for selection so he made it simple for Cappello. This England squad is fuck all and truthfully quite a moral dissapointment. Over paid tarts. Fucking well happy no Everton players near it. Had he made it I would have been more, worried is he ready. He plainly isn't, so I can enjoy the world cup. So with six minutes of football that twat Warnock get's the nod. Ashley is ready I hope. Gerrard might actually do something this one as he is playing for a contract.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 02 Jun 2010, 1:11 am

England will never win anything until the team face up to the "collective responsibility". Players like Gerrard should have had a good kicking for the way in which he played against Mexico and left Baines exposed. I'm simply saying that, mistakes will happen but players left exposed 1-on-1 as a result of a lazy teammate IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. It might work to stroll around the PL against inferior opponents (particularly at home) but it sure as hell isn't good enough for the World Cup. So, Carrick and Gerrard should have borne the brunt of the first half performance against Mexico. Unless you want to just blame the whole defence when it's exposed - or for that matter all the saves they forced Green to make by their collective failings. The press bleat on about individual performances not the team one so much - and FWIW Glenn Johnson did not have such a great game and Gerrard most definitely was not the MOTM (Daily Post). There are very few players in the game who can afford to Berbatov around waiting for their teammates to do all the donkey work. Look at Messi - he's always busy (as indeed are the whole Barca side, apart from Zlatan "Dimitar" Imshitovic)

If he didn't fancy Baines he should have given Warnock more time. If he wanted to prove Baines wasn't up to - maybe he did (to confirm what he wanted to know) - but he's none the wiser in the heat of battle about Warnock.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next