606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

+52
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Super
SEFTON
El Pablo
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Albert
WellOilBeefHooked
Cahill the Great
Michael Crosby S74
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Hinchcliffe Corner
fatboblatch
Kilted_Toffee
Bryan
MagicMike
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
Luka Perfect
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
BB
Da Judge
Diamond
tadpole
Brummie No Mates
yankthetoffee
notepad
Valentino Blue
VenezuelaBlue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
56 posters

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 4 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  yankthetoffee Sun 18 Apr 2010, 4:15 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:Keep him at home, fresh for next season.

I think it would do him good to go to the World Cup as back up to Cole. His confidence would have a huge boost and I doubt he would play many minutes if Cole was fully fit.

You're bothered about England though. Very Happy

I am but I dont think Baines would increase or decrease England's chances of winning. There is no way that he would get in the team ahead of Cole. I just think it would be good for Everton.

I agree 100% with Dixie, i also think that if England make it through after 2 games, Baines would play in the 3rd game or at least feature.

He can also tap up a few players

In the last 10 years have we ever had an Everton player picked for England, and then stayed with us, having not been given the dressing room poison?
Wayne and Joleon being the obvious ones.
I don't think Jags counts, after his last outing?
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 4 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Bryan Thu 13 May 2010, 9:06 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/05/13/everton-fc-close-to-new-deals-for-jack-rodwell-and-leighton-baines-100252-26435863/

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 13 May 2010, 1:53 pm

Bryan wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/05/13/everton-fc-close-to-new-deals-for-jack-rodwell-and-leighton-baines-100252-26435863/
Great news that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Thu 27 May 2010, 8:17 pm

Looks like he's on the plane.. Warnock apparently has knee-knack.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 27 May 2010, 8:45 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:Looks like he's on the plane.. Warnock apparently has knee-knack.
He is a better player all round than Warnock, albeit Warnock is a very good defender, he should be there irrespective of Warnock's injury
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 28 May 2010, 1:16 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:Looks like he's on the plane.. Warnock apparently has knee-knack.
He is a better player all round than Warnock, albeit Warnock is a very good defender, he should be there irrespective of Warnock's injury

I agree. I think he would have been in Capello's 23 as well.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 30 May 2010, 12:40 pm

It is all going Pete Tong for Baines.

I think Warnock will get 30 minutes against Japan today.

Baines has said he suffers badly from Homesick, well he will be fucked in Oz on tour then.

Hopefully it is just a mountain out of a mole hill and all is well.....
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:31 pm

Warnock is in Baines is out, of the England squad

Scandelous
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:33 pm

tadpole wrote:Warnock is in Baines is out, of the England squad

Scandelous

it is but Baines has done himself no favours
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Brummie No Mates Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:34 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

Scandelous

Where has that been confirmed? Warnock hasn't played a single minute for England and Baines was left exposed by no playing ahead of him against Mexico!

Bullshit!
Brummie No Mates
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6680

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:35 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

Scandelous

i agree he wasn't great, just not sure on picking someone who didn't play a minute instead 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 4 Confused
tadpole
tadpole

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:36 pm

Brummie No Mates wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Scandelous

Where has that been confirmed? Warnock hasn't played a single minute for England and Baines was left exposed by no playing ahead of him against Mexico!

Bullshit!

just reading the threads on the BEEB, it seems journalists are informed before its officially announced. Walcott has been omitted taking Joe Cole instead
tadpole
tadpole

Back to top Go down

Post  Brummie No Mates Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:38 pm

tadpole wrote:
Brummie No Mates wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Scandelous

Bullshit!

just reading the threads on the BEEB, it seems journalists are informed before its officially announced. Walcott has been omitted taking Joe Cole instead
I'm watching the same, but there has been no official word on Baines yet! Just "informed sources"... Can't believe Capello would take someone without seeing them play in a game!

I have nothing against Warnock, but you would have expected to see him get 45 minutes against Japan if he was seriously being considered!
Brummie No Mates
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6680

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:44 pm

USA USA USA!

Fuck off Ingerlund. Could have got on board knowing there was an Everton player in the squad and part of the emotional journey to QF penalty shootout heartache, but fuck that now. Hope A.Cole breaks his leg and RS gargoyle Warnock scores a last minute oggie to cost England qualification.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:46 pm

I'm sad for baines, but not arsed other than that. At least he can have a nice break with his family, now.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

Tonteau wrote:I'm sad for baines, but not arsed other than that. At least he can have a nice break with his family, now.

Well the few Everton players who will be at the World Cup, won't be in it for long.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38106
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Tue 01 Jun 2010, 2:00 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:USA USA USA!

Fuck off Ingerlund. Could have got on board knowing there was an Everton player in the squad and part of the emotional journey to QF penalty shootout heartache, but fuck that now. Hope A.Cole breaks his leg and RS gargoyle Warnock scores a last minute oggie to cost England qualification.

not heard that term in a while Very Happy
tadpole
tadpole

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 01 Jun 2010, 2:30 pm

Unless Cole was injured, Baines would only play a bit part anyway.
Then he would be faced with a pre season in Australia, so hardly surprising he will be homesick. It's just surprising that he chose ( apparently ) to let it interfere with his WC hopes. His International career is now at a standstill.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Tue 01 Jun 2010, 2:39 pm

Good news, no injury and will coem back fresh for the new season.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 01 Jun 2010, 2:48 pm

BB wrote:Unless Cole was injured, Baines would only play a bit part anyway.
Then he would be faced with a pre season in Australia, so hardly surprising he will be homesick. It's just surprising that he chose ( apparently ) to let it interfere with his WC hopes. His International career is now at a standstill.

We often forget that he is still a fairly young chap. I think he is as wise as some Labour politicians who realised that just kike this was the election to miss... this might be the WC campaign to miss. The old crew will all be pensioned off and its about the younger talent coming through in 4 years.

With decent rest and playing with lads who respect him and are prepared to support him on the field, his class will tell.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 01 Jun 2010, 2:52 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
BB wrote:Unless Cole was injured, Baines would only play a bit part anyway.

We often forget that he is still a fairly young chap. I think he is as wise as some Labour politicians who realised that just kike this was the election to miss... this might be the WC campaign to miss. The old crew will all be pensioned off and its about the younger talent coming through in 4 years.

With decent rest and playing with lads who respect him and are prepared to support him on the field, his class will tell.

Can't argue there.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect Tue 01 Jun 2010, 2:59 pm

I think Capello has to go, his world cup squad breaks all the rules he set up at the start of his tenure, the squad is no so weak that they won't even reachthe semis, Warnock, Barry, Hargreaves and King just to mention a few have been injured for the end of the season and Carragher was brought out of retirement after a dreadful season
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:08 pm

Perfect Heit wrote:I think Capello has to go, his world cup squad breaks all the rules he set up at the start of his tenure, the squad is no so weak that they won't even reachthe semis, Warnock, Barry, Hargreaves and King just to mention a few have been injured for the end of the season and Carragher was brought out of retirement after a dreadful season
to be fair king played the last few games for spurs and is a quality player so dont mind him too much

so much for form though, SWP is behind Johnson in the pecking order at city, but SWP is going, Heskey has 3 goals this season compared to Bent's 24 but he is going (based on league goals), carrick hsa been utter shit the last few weeks of the season, obv he goes, Cole (love him think he's fantastic so glad he's there but...) hardly played at all

He's just done the standard England manager naming the 'big' names, thought he had balls, very very wrong
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:14 pm

If SWP gets the nod ahead of Johnson that leaves us with no naturally left footed wide player. Daft decision. I like Johnson, I reckon he should go. He's got some real skill on the ball and is about the only england player capapble of beating a man with a bit of trickery.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:22 pm

Tonteau wrote:If SWP gets the nod ahead of Johnson that leaves us with no naturally left footed wide player. Daft decision. I like Johnson, I reckon he should go. He's got some real skill on the ball and is about the only england player capapble of beating a man with a bit of trickery.

Perhaps City will offer him to us as bait before the season is out. Very Happy
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next