606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle v Everton

+7
Blue gazza
Yankthattoffee
Goodison_Gringo
Armchair
callmebubbles
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
11 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Newcastle v Everton - Page 6 Empty Re: Newcastle v Everton

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 09 Feb 2022, 12:49 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Newcastle were excellent.  They fed on our passivity and incompetence and totally owned us by the end.  They'll comfortably finish mid-table this season, but I doubt if many of those players will still be in their first team in a couple of years.

We were appalling.  At least Gordon tried hard, but if the game had gone on much longer he'd have been sent off - he was getting so frustrated.  Other than that, Donny the Beak looked a player, but the rest were weak. Including Lampard - why bring on Dele who looked like the groundsman called on from his fag break and was surprised to see he was playing in a professional football game, when you had DCL on the bench?  Surely the logical change when Gray was injured was to shift Richie into his position, which is his usual place, and stick Dominic up front?  Madness.

That game laid bare the terrible business we did in the January window.  We lost an experienced left-back, and bought a kid from Rangers, a left-back who has cried off with a bad-back and maybe-covid, Dele Alli who is not just a waste of fucking space but is actually going to cost a team goals like he did last night when he gave the ball away, and a Villa reject who nobody can actually remember asking for.  DvdB might be a good call but that's about it.  We have no competent central defenders apart from a sick note, and watching Seamus trying to keep pace with Saint Maximin was very sad.

We are fucking doomed if Burnley, Watford or Norwich string together a couple of wins.  I'm praying that Brentford get dragged into it, and maybe Leeds, but I don't think anyone has the combination of endless injuries and terrible players that we have.

I love me footy, but it can be a painful thing being an Everton fan.  I'm struggling to think of when I last felt this bad about it.

Watched Patterson for the under 23s a week or two back and he is rapid, looked a lot more complete than most of the other players. He should be getting some game time sooner or later.

Also, how did that londis nosferatu shelvey stay on the pitch? https://twitter.com/FinKitch/status/1491165145644806145

Yes, I watched that and he was really impressive.  But that was the U23s, he was playing against other kids. Would he have been able to contain Saint Maximin?  Probably would have been no worse than Seamus to be fair.  

Ref was poor, but then he also missed a few of our snide fouls.  We are depressingly predictable in that regard - particularly Gomes, you just know at some point in every game he will pull a player back and get a yellow.

I'm really getting worried about the Leeds game on Saturday.  They fight like fuck, and are powerful.  They'll overrun us.  Gomes and Allan is a disaster of a midfield against teams like this, but we have so few other options.  
our defensive options are now terrifying for the Leeds game... I mean 4-4-2 with Holgate & keane in the middle is scary, not to even think about the full backs... I can't see 3 in the back middle at all now... Branthwaite, Keane & Holgate makes me shiver

Branthwaite looked like Bambi on Ice last night.  But he might be getting a run of games at this rate.  My team for Saturday, assuming Gray, Mina and all the rest are out, would probably be:
Pickford
Patterson (for his pace) Keane Branthwaite Mykolenko (assuming he hasn't got covid)
Allan Gomes (is there any other option? Gbamin perhaps?)  VDB
Gordon DCL Richarlison

If Myolenko is out, the I guess it will have to be a three at the back again affraid
Pickford
Holgate Keane Branthwaite
Patterson Townsend
VDB Allan
Gordon DCL Richarlison

VD Beek looked like he's a great signing.
Ali looks a bit of a luxury right now.
Playing the front 3 whippets every 3 days ain't gonna work.
Gray was clearly in trouble before the KO, so FL needs to rotate what we have left.
After the 2 injuries we looked a team of strangers, which is what we were.
Onward and upwards ( or we're in the shyt)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 09 Feb 2022, 1:22 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Newcastle were excellent.  They fed on our passivity and incompetence and totally owned us by the end.  They'll comfortably finish mid-table this season, but I doubt if many of those players will still be in their first team in a couple of years.

We were appalling.  At least Gordon tried hard, but if the game had gone on much longer he'd have been sent off - he was getting so frustrated.  Other than that, Donny the Beak looked a player, but the rest were weak. Including Lampard - why bring on Dele who looked like the groundsman called on from his fag break and was surprised to see he was playing in a professional football game, when you had DCL on the bench?  Surely the logical change when Gray was injured was to shift Richie into his position, which is his usual place, and stick Dominic up front?  Madness.

That game laid bare the terrible business we did in the January window.  We lost an experienced left-back, and bought a kid from Rangers, a left-back who has cried off with a bad-back and maybe-covid, Dele Alli who is not just a waste of fucking space but is actually going to cost a team goals like he did last night when he gave the ball away, and a Villa reject who nobody can actually remember asking for.  DvdB might be a good call but that's about it.  We have no competent central defenders apart from a sick note, and watching Seamus trying to keep pace with Saint Maximin was very sad.

We are fucking doomed if Burnley, Watford or Norwich string together a couple of wins.  I'm praying that Brentford get dragged into it, and maybe Leeds, but I don't think anyone has the combination of endless injuries and terrible players that we have.

I love me footy, but it can be a painful thing being an Everton fan.  I'm struggling to think of when I last felt this bad about it.

Watched Patterson for the under 23s a week or two back and he is rapid, looked a lot more complete than most of the other players. He should be getting some game time sooner or later.

Also, how did that londis nosferatu shelvey stay on the pitch? https://twitter.com/FinKitch/status/1491165145644806145

Yes, I watched that and he was really impressive.  But that was the U23s, he was playing against other kids. Would he have been able to contain Saint Maximin?  Probably would have been no worse than Seamus to be fair.  

Ref was poor, but then he also missed a few of our snide fouls.  We are depressingly predictable in that regard - particularly Gomes, you just know at some point in every game he will pull a player back and get a yellow.

I'm really getting worried about the Leeds game on Saturday.  They fight like fuck, and are powerful.  They'll overrun us.  Gomes and Allan is a disaster of a midfield against teams like this, but we have so few other options.  
our defensive options are now terrifying for the Leeds game... I mean 4-4-2 with Holgate & keane in the middle is scary, not to even think about the full backs... I can't see 3 in the back middle at all now... Branthwaite, Keane & Holgate makes me shiver

Branthwaite looked like Bambi on Ice last night.  But he might be getting a run of games at this rate.  My team for Saturday, assuming Gray, Mina and all the rest are out, would probably be:
Pickford
Patterson (for his pace) Keane Branthwaite Mykolenko (assuming he hasn't got covid)
Gordon DCL Richarlison

If Myolenko is out, the I guess it will have to be a three at the back again affraid
Pickford
Patterson Townsend
VDB Allan
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Gray was clearly in trouble before the KO, so FL needs to rotate what we have left.
Alli in for Gray, VDB in for Gomes... and I suppose Branthwaite in for Mina is the obvious changes for Leeds ... bloody worrying all together

Number of posts : 41069
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 09 Feb 2022, 1:59 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Pickford
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Pickford
Patterson Townsend
VDB Allan
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Alli in for Gray, VDB in for Gomes... and I suppose Branthwaite in for Mina is the obvious changes for Leeds ... bloody worrying all together

I wouldn't start Dele against Leeds.  Maybe bring him off the bench and stick him up front if we need a goal with fifteen minutes to go.  He looked miles off it last night, a liability.  You can see why the Spurs fans were delighted to see him go - even though they were all sentimental about how good he was three or four years ago.

I reckon the best we'll get from Dele is a James-like one game in ten where he looks a class above for about twenty minutes.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 09 Feb 2022, 2:00 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Pickford
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Pickford
Patterson Townsend
VDB Allan
Gordon DCL Richarlison

I wouldn't start Dele against Leeds.  Maybe bring him off the bench and stick him up front if we need a goal with fifteen minutes to go.  He looked miles off it last night, a liability.  You can see why the Spurs fans were delighted to see him go - even though they were all sentimental about how good he was three or four years ago.

I think we should all accept relegation and stop worrying. We're going to win the cup anyway so what's the issue?
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 09 Feb 2022, 3:22 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Pickford
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Pickford
Patterson Townsend
VDB Allan
Gordon DCL Richarlison

I think we should all accept relegation and stop worrying. We're going to win the cup anyway so what's the issue?

Aye, fuck it, I've never been to Peterborough. Be a shame if QPR and Fulham get promoted though, because that would leave Millwall as my only London away game next season.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 09 Feb 2022, 6:45 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Pickford
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Pickford
Patterson Townsend
VDB Allan
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Aye, fuck it, I've never been to Peterborough.  Be a shame if QPR and Fulham get promoted though, because that would leave Millwall as my only London away game next season.  

Exactly. I've never been to Barnsley, and I'm told it has the finest pie museum in all of South Yorkshire, and also the fattest statue in the world (of former world darts champion Dennis "The Menace" Priestley.) Both UNESCO-protected sites, I believe.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 09 Feb 2022, 7:26 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Pickford
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Pickford
Patterson Townsend
VDB Allan
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Aye, fuck it, I've never been to Peterborough.  Be a shame if QPR and Fulham get promoted though, because that would leave Millwall as my only London away game next season.  

Exactly. I've never been to Barnsley, and I'm told it has the finest pie museum in all of South Yorkshire, and also the fattest statue in the world (of former world darts champion Dennis "The Menace" Priestley.) Both UNESCO-protected sites, I believe.
and I've never been to Hull and I don't want to either... I definitely don't want to go back to fucking Millwall... it's one of the worst memories of my football travels... fuck that !!!.... so pull your fingers out you overpaid arsehead bellwipes and start fucking winning

Number of posts : 41069

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 10 Feb 2022, 1:08 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Pickford
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Pickford
Patterson Townsend
VDB Allan
Gordon DCL Richarlison

Would have to be a double relegation for Everton for them to have to play Peterborough next season. Posh are getting relegated for sure this season.

Wonder what odds I can get for both teams to be relegated??
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38118
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6