606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 - Dele Alli - ready to explode

+8
Knight of Thorgothshire
Da Judge
Yankthattoffee
SEFTON
Armchair
callmebubbles
Super
Made 4 Gwladys
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

20 - Dele Alli - ready to explode - Page 3 Empty Re: 20 - Dele Alli - ready to explode

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 03 Feb 2022, 4:11 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Big Mosh should get another one over on Danny Levi.
Screw Spurs' cheese counter and Kobe beef eatery.
When we open up at Bramley Moore, after scoring 25 goals each year, have a place where I can buy a half time pie at the Alley Deli.

Lol! Very good.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

20 - Dele Alli - ready to explode - Page 3 Empty Re: 20 - Dele Alli - ready to explode

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 03 Feb 2022, 5:08 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Can there still be any transfers of any players from outside the PL?
Or visa versa.
In a nutshell, can we still sell Iwobi?

Not sure. I think our best hope is that he decides on a complete career change, hands in his notice and pursues an exciting IT opportunity with a cutting-edge FTSE-100 firm. I for one have been massively bigging up his graphic design skills on Linked-in for some months now.

"Don't worry about the 30 days' notice Alex, we'll waive that as a gesture of goodwill."
Someone has to be cut from the squad as we have 26 players.
Just read this
"The unlucky player who Lampard decides to cut from his plans might not fancy sitting around on the fringes for the next few months.
If they want an escape route to go and play elsewhere, there are still several countries in Europe and beyond whose windows are still open."

Gbamin? Tosun?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 03 Feb 2022, 5:34 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Can there still be any transfers of any players from outside the PL?
Or visa versa.

Not sure. I think our best hope is that he decides on a complete career change, hands in his notice and pursues an exciting IT opportunity with a cutting-edge FTSE-100 firm. I for one have been massively bigging up his graphic design skills on Linked-in for some months now.

"Don't worry about the 30 days' notice Alex, we'll waive that as a gesture of goodwill."
Just read this
"The unlucky player who Lampard decides to cut from his plans might not fancy sitting around on the fringes for the next few months.
If they want an escape route to go and play elsewhere, there are still several countries in Europe and beyond whose windows are still open."

Gbamin? Tosun?
Rondon, Myko, El Gahzi... SIGGY !!!

Number of posts : 41069
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 03 Feb 2022, 11:02 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Or visa versa.

Just read this

Gbamin? Tosun?

OK... Sign, is a special circumstance (as and when the full story comes out, there will be some eyebrows raised... and perhaps even reflective thought)

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9794
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 03 Feb 2022, 11:22 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Or visa versa.

Just read this

Gbamin? Tosun?

OK... Sign, is a special circumstance (as and when the full story comes out, there will be some eyebrows raised... and perhaps even reflective thought)

Do you have some inside info, Judge? Can he play Saturday?
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Feb 2022, 9:15 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Or visa versa.

Just read this

Gbamin? Tosun?

Do you have some inside info, Judge? Can he play Saturday?
If he is innocent & I truly hope that he is... however I presume that he has a squad position now out of the 26 allowed as he's on the OS squad listings?... that can't be right since he has not and (surely) will not kick a ball for us this season Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 04 Feb 2022, 9:55 am

Siggi and Tom Davies are cut from the squad. The former is fairly obvious, he can't get his socks on over his tag for a start, but I'm guessing the absence of Davies means that he's out for the season with his hamstring injury?

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Feb 2022, 11:42 am

hairy cataract wrote:Siggi and Tom Davies are cut from the squad.  The former is fairly obvious, he can't get his socks on over his tag for a start, but I'm guessing the absence of Davies means that he's out for the season with his hamstring injury?

makes sense re: Siggy ... I feel sorry for Tom, that's probably the end of his Everton journey isn't it (unless we do get relegated)

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 28 Mar 2022, 3:10 pm

Could be axed by the summer...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-dele-alli-transfer-nightmare-26566254
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74446

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 12 Apr 2022, 8:12 pm

So what has happened happened with this lad?
That FL picked Rondon as a sub over DA at Burnley is telling.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 13 Apr 2022, 11:58 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:So what has happened happened with this lad?
That FL picked Rondon as a sub over DA at Burnley is telling.

Head is clearly not in the right place.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 19 May 2022, 10:07 pm

I appreciate he's not liked by all... but he fucking totally changed the game tonight.

credit where it's due 20 - Dele Alli - ready to explode - Page 3 Action-s

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 21 May 2022, 5:54 pm

The OS has put up a bideo  showing all Dele's actions on Thursday night.  Two things stand out to me.  Firstly, he drew a lot of fouls.  This in itself is a big positive - Richarlison does the same, as does Anthony Gordon.  Secondly is how quickly he moves the ball on, something we've been crying out for.

He was playing a fairly free role in the middle of the park, dropping quite deep at times, and that's not - as far as I know - by any means his chosen position, but he had a big influence on the second half.  First goal came from a free-kick he won, second goal came from his shot that was blocked and fell to Richie.  He also put in the ball of the game to set Gordon free down the right.  Just about everything else he did was positive and sharp.

Be interesting to see if we hang on to him now and, if so, what role he will play next season, especially if Richie, DCL or both leave.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 21 May 2022, 6:30 pm

hairy cataract wrote:The OS has put up a bideo  showing all Dele's actions on Thursday night.  Two things stand out to me.  Firstly, he drew a lot of fouls.  This in itself is a big positive - Richarlison does the same, as does Anthony Gordon.  Secondly is how quickly he moves the ball on, something we've been crying out for.

He was playing a fairly free role in the middle of the park, dropping quite deep at times, and that's not - as far as I know - by any means his chosen position, but he had a big influence on the second half.  First goal came from a free-kick he won, second goal came from his shot that was blocked and fell to Richie.  He also put in the ball of the game to set Gordon free down the right.  Just about everything else he did was positive and sharp.

Be interesting to see if we hang on to him now and, if so, what role he will play next season, especially if Richie, DCL or both leave.

While at the airport unable to watch the game, I had my brother and my lad message me at the same time to say the same thing - "Dele changed the game."

But my brother also reckoned that he was blowing after 10 minutes. I noticed that he looked a bit sluggish in getting over there to join in the goal celebrations when I saw the highlights.

Does he just need a proper pre-season in him? We don't have many creative options or much money to spend so I think we have to hope that he can get himself fully-fit and into the starting XI. If we can get him back to his best then he's arguably our best player.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 29 Jul 2022, 2:59 pm

Dele has switched to shirt no. 20 ... from 36

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2694212/deles-new-shirt-number-confirmed

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 29 Jul 2022, 3:16 pm

It'll kick start his career for sure.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 29 Jul 2022, 3:21 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It'll kick start his career for sure.
like a new signing Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 29 Jul 2022, 4:21 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:It'll kick start his career for sure.
like a new signing Rolling Eyes
I really hope that he understands that this might be his last "proper" contract and handles it accordingly.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 17 Aug 2022, 8:34 am

Everton midfielder Dele Ali is in talks with Besiktas over a move to the Turkish club.

The deal could be a loan or a permanent move, depending on how talks go.

Alli is desperate for more game time after mostly being used from the bench since joining Everton from Tottenham in January.

The England international has played just 363 minutes in an Everton shirt

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 17 Aug 2022, 8:42 am

Doesnt sound like Lamps rates him and we want to limit his appearances and save on the transfer fee . If him and Gordon go then theres zero creativity in midfield left. With that an no decent forwards we look a bit in the shit!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 17 Aug 2022, 9:06 am

callmebubbles wrote:Doesnt sound like Lamps rates him and we want to limit his appearances and save on the transfer fee . If him and Gordon go then theres zero creativity in midfield left. With that an no decent forwards we look a bit in the shit!!!

I think the idea is that we've shored up the defence now, so we'll be aiming for 0-0 in every game, which should just see us over the line in May.

Anyway, the latest loser striker we've been linked to is Blackburn's Ben Brererton Diaz. The thing I like most about our Ben is that he was plain Ben Brererton from Stoke until he got picked for Chile, at which point he added his mum's name in the style of his new international team-mates and became much more exotic sounding. Probably added about £5m to his value too. I mean Ben Brererton from Stoke is a bit nothing, but it makes us sound like the RS if we're signing a 23 year old South American. Be a bit of a surprise when he turns up at Finch Farm and they greet him in Spanish. He doesn't speak a word of the language.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 17 Aug 2022, 9:29 am

Sounds better than Maupay already. Luckily we have Rondon's pace and clinical finishing, so nothing to worry about
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 17 Aug 2022, 9:55 am

callmebubbles wrote:Sounds better than Maupay already.  Luckily we have Rondon's pace and clinical finishing, so nothing to worry about

I'm just glad that the club seem to have a coherent plan now under the new DoF and coaching team. The plan being: sell all our best players with no replacements lined up; spend the entire transfer window not buying a striker; right at the end of August, buy whoever is left on the shelf at an inflated price; drop into the bottom three; get relegated.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 17 Aug 2022, 10:54 am

Working well at the moment. 2 games , no points, no strikers and anotjer decent player on the way out. Sorted!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 17 Aug 2022, 11:19 am

hairy cataract wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Doesnt sound like Lamps rates him and we want to limit his appearances and save on the transfer fee . If him and Gordon go then theres zero creativity in midfield left. With that an no decent forwards we look a bit in the shit!!!

I think the idea is that we've shored up the defence now, so we'll be aiming for 0-0 in every game, which should just see us over the line in May.

Anyway, the latest loser striker we've been linked to is Blackburn's Ben Brererton Diaz.  The thing I like most about our Ben is that he was plain Ben Brererton from Stoke until he got picked for Chile, at which point he added his mum's name in the style of his new international team-mates and became much more exotic sounding.  Probably added about £5m to his value too.  I mean Ben Brererton from Stoke is a bit nothing, but it makes us sound like the RS if we're signing a 23 year old South American.  Be a bit of a surprise when he turns up at Finch Farm and they greet him in Spanish.  He doesn't speak a word of the language.
20 - Dele Alli - ready to explode - Page 3 Captu144

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum