606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

+17
Da Judge
Lumper
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
SEFTON
RhinoJagz
The President
Gravy & Chips
Goodison_Gringo
Sack the Juggler
hairy cataract
Yankthattoffee
Blue gazza
Made 4 Gwladys
Super
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
SouthernSmugToffee
21 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup) - Page 4 Empty Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Da Judge Sun 15 Oct 2017, 7:17 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Super wrote:
it wasn't Martinez's start that was the problem, his first season was great, it was the end of his tenure that was the problem, even with Lukaku we were losing.

Let's give Koeman and his team time to get it right.

THIS!!!!

45 League games covers Martinez's best period compared to Koeman's first season - not too bad and the toughest opening set of fixtures I can ever recall.. its a comparison so exotic (thus inaccurate) as papaya versus cumquats

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup) - Page 4 Empty Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Gravy & Chips Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:59 pm

Exactly Da Judge

Martinez took over an established top 7 side and continued it on.

Koeman took over a side bereft of any hope and has tried to turn around the slide.

He did that first season and got us back into Europe, we have just had a shittiest run of games that I can remember.

Reading the notes to the run up to Sunday, Brighton had apparently won every home game, cup included. after the first game of the season so is a draw that bad? (probably)

I'm not a fan of Koeman, but that stat is fucking pointless
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 16 Oct 2017, 1:17 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Exactly Da Judge

Koeman took over a side bereft of any hope and has tried to turn around the slide.

He did that first season and got us back into Europe, we have just had a shittiest run of games that I can remember.

Reading the notes to the run up to Sunday, Brighton had apparently won every home game, cup included. after the first game of the season so is a draw that bad? (probably)

But we were absolutely dreadful on Sunday. Half Koeman's signings can't get in the team, some can't even get on the bench. From my perspective, I can't even look at the way we played on Sunday and say "ah we just need time to gel" or something, we were so toothless and ponderous.

Koeman does appear to have no idea how to turn this around, and the players look like they are losing belief in him (and themselves) to me. I can't see any way forward except a new broom and a complete reorganization of the resources we have to try to pick up some points before we sink into the bottom three, crash out of Europe and the league cup, and become a lifeless corpse of a team.

I would be happy to see him gone today.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 16 Oct 2017, 4:33 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

But we were absolutely dreadful on Sunday.  Half Koeman's signings can't get in the team, some can't even get on the bench.  From my perspective, I can't even look at the way we played on Sunday and say "ah we just need time to gel" or something, we were so toothless and ponderous.

Koeman does appear to have no idea how to turn this around, and the players look like they are losing belief in him (and themselves) to me. I can't see any way forward except a new broom and a complete reorganization of the resources we have to try to pick up some points before we sink into the bottom three, crash out of Europe and the league cup, and become a lifeless corpse of a team.

100% agree, i think it's inevitable
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 16 Oct 2017, 4:47 pm

Blue gazza wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

But we were absolutely dreadful on Sunday.  Half Koeman's signings can't get in the team, some can't even get on the bench.  From my perspective, I can't even look at the way we played on Sunday and say "ah we just need time to gel" or something, we were so toothless and ponderous.

Fat Sam could knock the team into shape and maybe stop us losing.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 16 Oct 2017, 4:52 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Fat Sam could knock the team into shape and maybe stop us losing.
Moyes

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 16 Oct 2017, 5:46 pm

The main worry for me is the contant chopping and changing of formations and personal on a game by game basis with the vain hope that he might stumble across a winning formula. There doesnt seem a plan or pattern of play and I cant see this changing before January along as we have no imposing figure up front. Basically we are going to waste half a season due to a pretty monumental fuck between Walsh, Koeman and the board. A new manager may give the players a short term bounce but cant really see any dramatic upturn in fortunes as the new manager will have to work with the same problems.

A very dissapointing state of affairs.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 16 Oct 2017, 6:25 pm

Did I mention this would be a transition season?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 16 Oct 2017, 7:39 pm

Sack him. Appoint someone else. Anyone else. I mean, it's only football management, how hard can it be? Every single member of Toffeeweb appears to be more than capable of selecting the team, deciding the tactics, making substitutions, buying the players, coaching the squad, devising the pre-match menu, designing and building the new stadium, and handwashing the kit. Give one of them the job.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 16 Oct 2017, 7:48 pm

meanwhile... Odds on next Everton manager - according to SkyBet

Carlo Ancelotti - 4/1
David Unsworth - 6/1
Paulo Fonseca - 8/1
Rafael Benitez - 10/1
Sam Allardyce - 10/1
Eddie Howe - 10/1
Sean Dyche - 12/1
Chris Coleman - 12/1

I'm surprised Coleman isn't shorter odds actually. In fact, I would have thought you could turn that list upside down.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 16 Oct 2017, 10:15 pm

hairy cataract wrote:meanwhile... Odds on next Everton manager - according to SkyBet

Carlo Ancelotti - 4/1
David Unsworth - 6/1
Paulo Fonseca - 8/1
Rafael Benitez - 10/1
Sam Allardyce - 10/1
Eddie Howe - 10/1
Sean Dyche - 12/1
Chris Coleman - 12/1

I'm surprised Coleman isn't shorter odds actually.  In fact, I would have thought you could turn that list upside down.

Ancelotti would be great. As for the rest...I'd rather stick with Koeman.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 16 Oct 2017, 11:53 pm

Prob gonna get shot down for this, but I would take Benitez, I know his comments in the past, but he knows the prem and tactically astute.
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:23 am

Blue gazza wrote:Prob gonna get shot down for this, but I would take Benitez, I know his comments in the past, but he knows the prem and tactically astute.
he is not good enough, may as well get Sam Allardyce if you want someone who knows the prem and is tactically astute.

And there are too many problems with Benitez anyway;

- he managed that lot across the park
- he disrespected our club
- we would be ribbed mercilessly by their deluded fans who still adore him
(for the above alone it would be difficult for the fans or the backroom staff to get behind him)

- he hasn't got the temperament for a big club; washes too much of the clubs dirty linen in public, cracks under pressure (fachts!), which would further alienate him from the fans / board
- he would only see us as a stepping stone, so if he did show a modicum of success he would be off to a "bigger" club quicker than a rata up a desague
- he bought crap whilst he was at the shyte and sold their best players to fund it

all in all, no-one in the club is going to risk offering him the role, there is just no upside in doing so. If he came in it would tear the club apart, inside and out, even if he managed to get us winning again, no-one likes him.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:37 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:Prob gonna get shot down for this, but I would take Benitez, I know his comments in the past, but he knows the prem and tactically astute.
he is not good enough, may as well get Sam Allardyce if you want someone who knows the prem and is tactically astute.

(for the above alone it would be difficult for the fans or the backroom staff to get behind him)

- he hasn't got the temperament for a big club; washes too much of the clubs dirty linen in public, cracks under pressure (fachts!), which would further alienate him from the fans / board
- he would only see us as a stepping stone, so if he did show a modicum of success he would be off to a "bigger" club quicker than a rata up a desague
- he bought crap whilst he was at the shyte and sold their best players to fund it

all in all, no-one in the club is going to risk offering him the role, there is just no upside in doing so.  If he came in it would tear the club apart, inside and out, even if he managed to get us winning again, no-one likes him.

But apart from that, you reckon he'd be okay for us?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:32 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

all in all, no-one in the club is going to risk offering him the role, there is just no upside in doing so.  If he came in it would tear the club apart, inside and out, even if he managed to get us winning again, no-one likes him.

I noticed that he started warming to the idea towards the end.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:59 am

Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

but on the plus side, he could serve Uwie his lunch in the Dixie Dean suite Very Happy .. he has proven form in that role

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:11 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:

so, you agree with me then lol! lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:56 am

Glad to see you all agree with me about "Agent Rafa" lol! lol! lol!
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 17 Oct 2017, 5:42 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:

Little known fact is that he was actually despised by quite a number of the playing staff. He is the Donald Trump of managers - manages to the base (supporters) and failed to really connect to the real power (players) just like Trump and his forays with the Senate and the House. Played on the fact he won the European Cup - albeit with Houllier's ground work.... and shat all over Roy Evans

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 17 Oct 2017, 6:53 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

Little known fact is that he was actually despised by quite a number of the playing staff. He is the Donald Trump of managers - manages to the base (supporters) and failed to really connect to the real power (players) just like Trump and his forays with the Senate and the House. Played on the fact he won the European Cup - albeit with Houllier's ground work.... and shat all over Roy Evans

ok, ok, fine, no to Rafa then. How about King Kenny? rendeer jocolor
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 18 Oct 2017, 12:34 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

ok, ok, fine, no to Rafa then.  How about King Kenny? rendeer jocolor

Koeman won't play him at Right-back,Why? I don't know.Laughing cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 18 Oct 2017, 1:41 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

ok, ok, fine, no to Rafa then.  How about King Kenny? rendeer jocolor

Have you got a T-shirt business that we don't know about?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 18 Oct 2017, 7:13 pm

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/4167042

Manager Ronald Koeman says he has the "total support" of the Everton board, despite a poor start to the season.

He'll be gone after tomorrow's game then.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:25 am

Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

http://toffeenews.com/rafa-benitez-snubs-approach-from-everton-to-replace-beleaguered-toffees-boss-ronald-koeman/

Thank F*ck cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 20 Oct 2017, 8:39 am

Is he still here? scratch
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next