606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

+17
Da Judge
Lumper
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
SEFTON
RhinoJagz
The President
Gravy & Chips
Goodison_Gringo
Sack the Juggler
hairy cataract
Yankthattoffee
Blue gazza
Made 4 Gwladys
Super
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
SouthernSmugToffee
21 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup) Empty Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 15 Jun 2016, 8:38 pm

Everton have confirmed Ronald Koeman as their new manager on a three-year deal.

The Toffees will pay about £5m compensation for the 53-year-old, who leaves Premier League rivals Southampton after two years in charge.

Everton have been without a manager since sacking Roberto Martinez just before the end of the 2015-16 season.

Koeman said Everton is a club with a "great history and real ambition", while chairman Bill Kenwright called the Dutchman his "number one target".

A deal with the former Netherlands international, headhunted by new owner Farhad Moshiri, was agreed earlier in the week and is reported to be worth about £6m a year.

The official announcement was delayed until Koeman returned from holiday.

"Ronald has such a strong track record in the game, instantly commanding respect for what he achieved as a player and for his qualities and accomplishments as a manager," added Kenwright.

"We are really pleased to have secured the man who was our number one target from the moment we set out to appoint a new manager."
Koeman made more than 750 appearances as a player, scoring 253 goals, and won the 1988 European Championship with the Netherlands.

He also won four domestic league titles in both the Netherlands and Spain.

Koeman has also managed Vitesse Arnhem, Ajax, Benfica, PSV, Valencia, AZ Alkmaar and Feyenoord, winning the Dutch league with both Ajax and PSV, and a Spanish Cup with Valencia.

SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup) Empty Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 16 Jun 2016, 4:07 pm

A Dutch girl I know through rugby is a massive Feyernoord fan and emailed me her congratulations, her favourite ever Feyernoord manager. She's now going to be an honorary blue.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup) Empty Re: Ronald Koeman - (cheated England out of 1994 world cup)

Post  Super Mon 08 Aug 2016, 9:49 am

Ronald Koeman has told Everton to stop being “too nice” and start getting in the opposition’s face.

The Blues finished off their pre-season schedule with a limp 1-0 defeat at home to Espanyol on Saturday.

New signing Idrissa Gueye gave away a penalty but still produced an impressive display on his debut and Koeman says the 26-year-old adds a new dimension to Everton’s midfield.

And the Blues boss wants the rest of the players to take a leaf out of Gueye’s book and press with more intent.

“He is a different player and he can bring that to the team and that’s the reason why we signed Idrissa for Everton because he is a different midfield player than most of them,” Koeman said.

“But also the rest of players need to be more aggressive. It is sometimes too nice.

“Football is not what you do on the ball. Football is most of the time, how compact you play, how you run, how you react and sometimes it is too sloppy.

“He can bring that but we have to show the players what we want and that is still difficult because if you play three seasons on your guitar and then one day you need to play piano it is difficult because maybe it is not your quality but it is also a mental question.”

Koeman enjoyed success when he employed a 3-5-2 formation against Manchester United last week but says the Blues still have some way to go to be as organised as he would like.

“Football is not anymore the game when you have the ball, it is also the game when you don’t have the ball and we need to improve much more than we did so far,” he added.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Aug 2016, 11:03 am

Bobby would baulk at that statement...

“Football is not anymore the game when you have the ball, it is also the game when you don’t have the ball and we need to improve much more than we did so far,” he added.

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 08 Aug 2016, 11:06 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Bobby would baulk at that statement...

He would have read that and be sat in a corner rocking back and forth.....
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 30 Sep 2016, 10:09 am

Ronald Koeman, the Everton manager, has admitted his players are having a ‘mental problem’ imposing his pressing football style.

The Merseysiders suffered their first league defeat of the season at Bournemouth last week, the Dutch coach feeling his players struggled to follow his instructions.

“For some players it's difficult - for some it's a big problem because they don't know what to do,” said Koeman ahead of Friday’s meeting with Crystal Palace.

“So some will change their attitude and you wait. It's a mental aspect not fitness. It is about attitude.

“Our striker is not used to pressing how we try to press the opponent and it takes time. They found it difficult to do it in the way we want. It's about the team, not an individual. We have to improve in that area. That was the attention in the sessions (this week) and we see will if we do it better than we did last week.”

Koeman is trying to completely change the footballing culture at Goodison Park, demanding more energy, more closing down of opponents and greater fitness levels.

He said he has quizzed his players on how they believe they can impose his style more effectively.

“I don't play, they play, so tell me,” he said. “Tell me how we can solve the problem. Tell me how we can do better pressing. Maybe they're not used to that, but I need feedback, I like to have communication in the game. Players are involved in meetings and it's not like 40 years ago. It's good to have the meetings, because they need to think about football, how we can do better, how we can do more pressing. It is about the whole, not the manager. Everybody at Everton wants to win, and you need feedback to progress.”
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:48 am

Super wrote:Ronald Koeman, the Everton manager, has admitted his players are having a ‘mental problem’ imposing his pressing football style.  

The Merseysiders suffered their first league defeat of the season at Bournemouth last week, the Dutch coach feeling his players struggled to follow his instructions.

“For some players it's difficult - for some it's a big problem because they don't know what to do,” said Koeman ahead of Friday’s meeting with Crystal Palace.

“So some will change their attitude and you wait. It's a mental aspect not fitness. It is about attitude.

“Our striker is not used to pressing how we try to press the opponent and it takes time. They found it difficult to do it in the way we want. It's about the team, not an individual. We have to improve in that area. That was the attention in the sessions (this week) and we see will if we do it better than we did last week.”

Koeman is trying to completely change the footballing culture at Goodison Park, demanding more energy, more closing down of opponents and greater fitness levels.

He said he has quizzed his players on how they believe they can impose his style more effectively.

“I don't play, they play, so tell me,” he said. “Tell me how we can solve the problem. Tell me how we can do better pressing. Maybe they're not used to that, but I need feedback, I like to have communication in the game. Players are involved in meetings and it's not like 40 years ago. It's good to have the meetings, because they need to think about football, how we can do better, how we can do more pressing. It is about the whole, not the manager. Everybody at Everton wants to win, and you need feedback to progress.”

Massive clear-out alert
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 30 Sep 2016, 11:59 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Super wrote:Ronald Koeman, the Everton manager, has admitted his players are having a ‘mental problem’ imposing his pressing football style.  

Massive clear-out alert
I thought that too... and I also thought Lukaku may be sold with this comment...

Our striker is not used to pressing how we try to press the opponent

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 30 Sep 2016, 2:01 pm

Refreshing though. Just looked at how Bournemouth out-worked us, kept on closing us down, pressing hard. As a result, we couldn't get going.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 08 Jan 2017, 9:17 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38543677 Losing the plot or right?

Everton manager Ronald Koeman fiercely criticised his players and demanded action from the club's hierarchy in the transfer market after the FA Cup exit at home to Leicester City.
Koeman was furious after the 2-1 loss ended the Toffees' hopes of challenging for a trophy in his first season.
"I know what is needed to change," the 53-year-old Dutchman said.
"If everybody opened his eyes maybe we will get further in our improvement - because that is what this team needs."
Everton paraded new £11m forward Ademola Lookman, 19, before kick-off, but negotiations continue to drag on to secure Manchester United midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.
It is not bad luck. We did it ourselves
Ronald Koeman
Koeman wants major improvements to his squad and said: "I have that in mind and the board knows because we speak together about what we and the team needs and that is the job of [director of football] Steve Walsh.
"I hope everybody realises what the team needs to get results that are the expectation of this football club.
"I can explain more but I don't like to because that's really talks we need to do [internally]."
He added that the fact teenage Everton midfielder Tom Davies was one of the best players on show against Leicester "says enough" about the squad at his disposal.
Koeman also refused to put the cup exit down to ill fortune after seeing Romelu Lukaku's opener quickly cancelled out by two goals from Leicester substitute Ahmed Musa.
"It is not bad luck," he said. "We did it ourselves and it was just unbelievable how we dropped back.
"It was a lack of concentration at 1-0. I just can't see how they score the goal to make it 1-1. No pressing on the ball, a pass inside Seamus Coleman and Musa is faster - three defenders for us and it is 1-1.
"If you play like we did at 1-0 you ask for goals against. That is not the way you need to play at 1-0."
And with a Premier League match against Manchester City next up, Koeman warned his players they risk being on the end of a result similar to the 5-0 FA Cup drubbing Pep Guardiola's side dished out to West Ham on Friday.
"If we play like the last 30 minutes it can be the same result as against West Ham," he said.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:41 pm

Is anyone else getting a bit pissed off with Koeman ?... or is it just grumpy old me ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Is anyone else getting a bit pissed off with Koeman ?... or is it just grumpy old me ?

Patience Meldrew.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 11 Jan 2017, 4:58 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Is anyone else getting a bit pissed off with Koeman ?... or is it just grumpy old me ?

You wrote that (and you were speaking to yourself.. right?)....

I think we are getting to the nub of the problem quicker with RK than we ever would have done with RM. If I reflect we have swung between Moyes (very solid - if unspectacular, and gave us odd days in the sun), Martinez (using the muscle-memory of defence in his season, encouraged us with real attacking flair then got found out horribly) now Koeman unpicking the crap he had, blunt talking but technically probably the best player as a Head Coach we are likely to have for some time. He proved he can do it in Holland, Portugal and England... now if he is given the resources he is asking for (note he does not want money - he wants the players he wants - he expects others to provide.

This is the difference - the man we need to get on the back of if the squad is not developing as we require is Walsh. RK gets the hair dryer if the players are not performing as he wants. The players have a professional decision to make - do I knuckle and play the way the HC wants or do we find the path of least resistance "my talent" - his coaching - and my motivation.

I heard some stuff over weekend that RK is uncompromising and has a typically Dutch style in calling out what he does not like. Some of it does sound unfortunate/ill timed..... but again so was Harry Catterick. Joe Royle told me a story about somebody rocking up to Bellefield at something like 09:08 on Monday. Player apologised and Harry dressed him down as to how he could be late since he had had since 5:30pm on a Saturday to get there and GP was only 4 miles away from Bellefield.

Bottom line - we need to be tougher and more resilient as a group. We need to be fitter for longer and press harder off the ball than we do. We need to be quicker around the park in some positions and we need to cut out our own errors. If we are going to lose or draw then let it be that the other side really earned the goals - with no contributions of ours to help.

In that regards RK is the man - doubly supported by the question - "who else would we want - and who else would come". As I said RK is about the best we could reasonably hope to attract right now. And if we could attract better later then that could only de driven by the fact that RK would have done the business and we would be much higher ranked/Cup winner etc...

Right now I wish we had that Israeli guy Marty Moiseman

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 11 Jan 2017, 5:58 pm

Da Judge wrote:

You wrote that (and you were speaking to yourself.. right?)....

I think we are getting to the nub of the problem quicker with RK than we ever would have done with RM. If I reflect we have swung between Moyes (very solid - if unspectacular, and gave us odd days in the sun), Martinez (using the muscle-memory of defence in his season, encouraged us with real attacking flair then got found out horribly) now Koeman unpicking the crap he had, blunt talking but technically probably the best player as a Head Coach we are likely to have for some time. He proved he can do it in Holland, Portugal and England... now if he is given the resources he is asking for (note he does not want money - he wants the players he wants - he expects others to provide.

This is the difference - the man we need to get on the back of if the squad is not developing as we require is Walsh. RK gets the hair dryer if the players are not performing as he wants. The players have a professional decision to make - do I knuckle and play the way the HC wants or do we find the path of least resistance "my talent" - his coaching - and my motivation.

I heard some stuff over weekend that RK is uncompromising and has a typically Dutch style in calling out what he does not like. Some of it does sound unfortunate/ill timed..... but again so was Harry Catterick. Joe Royle told me a story about somebody rocking up to Bellefield at something like 09:08 on Monday. Player apologised and Harry dressed him down as to how he could be late since he had had since 5:30pm on a Saturday to get there and GP was only 4 miles away from Bellefield.

Bottom line - we need to be tougher and more resilient as a group. We need to be fitter for longer and press harder off the ball than we do. We need to be quicker around the park in some positions and we need to cut out our own errors. If we are going to lose or draw then let it be that the other side really earned the goals - with no contributions of ours to help.

In that regards RK is the man - doubly supported by the question - "who else would we want - and who else would come". As I said RK is about the best we could reasonably hope to attract right now. And if we could attract better later then that could only de driven by the fact that RK would have done the business and we would be much higher ranked/Cup winner etc...

Right now I wish we had that Israeli guy Marty Moiseman
I like him and I agree that he is working hard but with the squad he inherited there was no way we were going to challenge for the league, and we aren't, we are the next club outside the top six, who all had a realistic chance of challenging for the title at the start of the season.  Our current position reflects the standard of footballer we have, and its a much better position that the last two seasons under Martinez.

I also like it that he tells it how it is.  No bullshit, he sees the same game we do, and he knows that no matter what he teaches them, he has to rely on the players on the pitch.  If they wont or can't deliver, then he will bring in players who can / will, and he has the purse strings to do that now.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 11 Jan 2017, 7:15 pm

Lookman, Spiderman, and this Algerian fella plus one more in this transfer window, five more in the summer window, goodbye to the likes of Cleverley, Lennon, Niasse, Kone, Oviedo, Gibson etc, and I reckon next season is going to be a bit different. Koeman will put together his own squad, get the fuckers fit, and we'll be a better proposition. He's as good a manager as we're likely to find for the moment.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 12 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm

sadly I probably agree that Koeman is the best we could expect... but he fucking annoys me with all the talk about Everton as they (not we)... and frankly the lack of progress to date (we still get easily tanked by total shite teams)..

His summer transfer window was piss poor IMO... I suppose it only fair to see what the end of the Jan window shows us... Sneider sounds ok, but really he is pretty unknown isn't he ???

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 12 Jan 2017, 2:10 pm

M4G, I like Koeman, finally we got a Manager with balls, why should he take all the blame when the team don't perform,Its refreshing to say the least to hear the truth,
He's right some players switch off to easily, they are supposed to be professionals,no reason why the players shouldn't get their arses kicked as well, when shit hits the fan Its always the Manager the scapegoat ie sacked. BESIDES HE SEES WE GOT ALOT OLD DEAD-WOOD.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 09 Feb 2017, 4:13 pm

Barcelona are after him... apparently

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-boss-koeman-barcelona-deboer-12578870
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 09 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:Barcelona are after him... apparently

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-boss-koeman-barcelona-deboer-12578870
he should have a chat with Moyesie... there is only one outcome when you leave the blues

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 09 Feb 2017, 5:38 pm

I thought they were after Bobby?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 09 Feb 2017, 6:58 pm

I think it comes under the "one day" catagory
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 16 Feb 2017, 2:27 am

Barcelona want Everton boss Ronald Koeman, 53, to take over from Luis Enrique in the summer following the Spanish club's 4-0 Champions League drubbing against Paris St-Germain.(Daily Mirror)
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 16 Feb 2017, 8:47 am

Blue gazza wrote:Barcelona want Everton boss Ronald Koeman, 53, to take over from Luis Enrique in the summer following the Spanish club's 4-0 Champions League drubbing against Paris St-Germain.(Daily Mirror)
fuck off... he's working on a project !

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 16 Feb 2017, 8:50 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:Barcelona want Everton boss Ronald Koeman, 53, to take over from Luis Enrique in the summer following the Spanish club's 4-0 Champions League drubbing against Paris St-Germain.(Daily Mirror)
fuck off... he's working on a project !

Is there a UEFA ruling that says a Manager can not move three times in a certain time frame?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 16 Feb 2017, 9:31 am

Its bollocks anyway, Barcelona have lost so the papers are trying to find a new manager who might fit the bill and they have focused on Ronald, it will be Conte tomorrow, then trying to tempt Pep back, then some other fecker.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next