606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea 1 Everton 0

+16
Helenqu
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Da Judge
Cahill the Great
The President
Blue gazza
Mr_Ben
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Yankthattoffee
Lumper
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Qld Toffee
Statman
20 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Chelsea 1 Everton 0 - Page 6 Empty Re: Chelsea 1 Everton 0

Post  hairy cataract Sat 22 Feb 2014, 7:30 pm

Back from a day out in SW3. Had a great brekkie on Kings Road, strolled down to Stamford Bridge, watched us never looking like scoring for 90 minutes, and get sucker punched by a pretty ordinary Chelsea side. Booooooo!!!

I thought it was quite a Moyes-like performance. Recently we seem to have strayed from Bobby's vision of a passing team and, even without Traore up front, look a bit more direct than earlier in the season. We were good - in a Moyes-like way - but had no cutting edge. Unfortunately, although the subs looked a reasonable idea, Barkley and FooFoo were both poo, though McGeedy seemed to do his job pretty well.

Fans were a bit subdued today too - ours I mean, Chelsea haven't got any fans, just spectators.

Hey ho. Think that's seventh place for us now, as I kind of thought we'd be in the end, but the cup is still achievable - we just need Lukaku playing at the top of his game from next week onwards.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 22 Feb 2014, 7:48 pm

Really thought we were going to do them this time

Gutted  Sad 
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Sun 23 Feb 2014, 9:26 am

How is the goal being credited to Terry???!

Howard should do a lot better
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Sun 23 Feb 2014, 10:22 am

hairberto cataract wrote:Back from a day out in SW3.  Had a great brekkie on Kings Road, strolled down to Stamford Bridge, watched us never looking like scoring for 90 minutes, and get sucker punched by a pretty ordinary Chelsea side.  Booooooo!!!

I thought it was quite a Moyes-like performance.  Recently we seem to have strayed from Bobby's vision of a passing team and, even without Traore up front, look a bit more direct than earlier in the season.  We were good - in a Moyes-like way - but had no cutting edge.  Unfortunately, although the subs looked a reasonable idea, Barkley and FooFoo were both poo, though McGeedy seemed to do his job pretty well.

Fans were a bit subdued today too - ours I mean, Chelsea haven't got any fans, just spectators.

Hey ho.  Think that's seventh place for us now, as I kind of thought we'd be in the end, but the cup is still achievable - we just need Lukaku playing at the top of his game from next week onwards.

Really annoying. It was almost exactly the same as the Spurs game. I felt we could easily have won both games but for no one to ever look like sticking the ball in the net! I think 7th is the best we can hope for now after losing 1-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates in the fa cup quarters.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 23 Feb 2014, 11:01 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Back from a day out in SW3.  Had a great brekkie on Kings Road, strolled down to Stamford Bridge, watched us never looking like scoring for 90 minutes, and get sucker punched by a pretty ordinary Chelsea side.  Booooooo!!!

I thought it was quite a Moyes-like performance.  Recently we seem to have strayed from Bobby's vision of a passing team and, even without Traore up front, look a bit more direct than earlier in the season.  We were good - in a Moyes-like way - but had no cutting edge.  Unfortunately, although the subs looked a reasonable idea, Barkley and FooFoo were both poo, though McGeedy seemed to do his job pretty well.

Hey ho.  Think that's seventh place for us now, as I kind of thought we'd be in the end, but the cup is still achievable - we just need Lukaku playing at the top of his game from next week onwards.

Really annoying.  It was almost exactly the same as the Spurs game.  I felt we could easily have won both games but for no one to ever look like sticking the ball in the net!     I think 7th is the best we can hope for now after losing 1-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates in the fa cup quarters.

Positivity abounds....  Neutral 

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 23 Feb 2014, 12:41 pm

Uwist61 wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Really annoying.  It was almost exactly the same as the Spurs game.  I felt we could easily have won both games but for no one to ever look like sticking the ball in the net!     I think 7th is the best we can hope for now after losing 1-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates in the fa cup quarters.

I still think we can beat Arsenal, maybe after a replay, and go on to lift the cup. But I agree that 7th is where we will almost certainly finish.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 23 Feb 2014, 1:06 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

I still think we can beat Arsenal, maybe after a replay, and go on to lift the cup. But I agree that 7th is where we will almost certainly finish.

Sorry, I can't stand this negativity about finishing 7th or 8th, we have Lukaku back next week, we have the chance to qualify for semi-final FA cup,
are league run in is better than most , so I am saying we should push all out for 5th place.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Sun 23 Feb 2014, 2:33 pm

sefton wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Sorry, I can't stand this negativity about finishing 7th or 8th, we have Lukaku back next week, we have the chance to qualify for semi-final FA cup,
are league run in is better than most , so I am saying we should push all out for 5th place.    

I'm with you Sef, I still think we will get 5th, still lots of matches to go yet Smile
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sun 23 Feb 2014, 2:58 pm

Helenqu wrote:
sefton wrote:
Uwist61 wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

The next 4 games are important if we want to finish any higher than 7th. All games we should be winning but with goals hard to come by at the moment not certainties by any means!

I'm with you Sef, I still think we will get 5th, still lots of matches to go yet Smile
If we want to finish any higher than 7th these next 4 games are important. They are games we should be winning but with goals hard to come by at the minute they not certainties by any means.
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Sun 23 Feb 2014, 7:23 pm

We're reliant on Lukaku returning with his early season form......it's all we're missing from being able to beat Chelsea and spurs and we have worse teams than that to play in the run in, we have 10 players who, with a goal scorer, are a top 4 starting XI.

Can't help but wonder if Jellyman could have answered our SOS
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 23 Feb 2014, 8:02 pm

If Luka isn't fit for the West Ham game, we may as well give Vellios a run out. He can't be worse than an injured Traore or a fit Naismith.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 23 Feb 2014, 8:07 pm

tadpole wrote:We're reliant on Lukaku returning with his early season form......it's all we're missing from being able to beat Chelsea and spurs and we have worse teams than that to play in the run in, we have 10 players who, with a goal scorer, are a top 4 starting XI.

Can't help but wonder if Jellyman could have answered our SOS

I don't think so. He needed a clean break and a fresh start to get his mojo back. Hull the lucky recipients. Also has a nice balanced attacking partner in Long to do all the running and open the gaps for him.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6