Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:BIG result after the Shite debacle, especially with United losing and Spuds drawing.
Right. Lovely result in the end.

71% possession btw.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

Massive win that one, will give them a huge amount of belief. Hopefully next week we'll have Coleman back and I reckon he might start Nais up front in that poacher's role. We can definitely beat Spurs if we build on today's performance. With the results going as they did today, we're right on the tail of the Shite.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 4:57 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Massive win that one, will give them a huge amount of belief.  Hopefully next week we'll have Coleman back and I reckon he might start Nais up front in that poacher's role.  We can definitely beat Spurs if we build on today's performance.  With the results going as they did today, we're right on the tail of the Shite.
foofoo is close as well isn't he ?
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  The President on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm

Utd lost  lol! 
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Age : 59
Location : Alagadi Cyprus
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:00 pm

The President wrote:Utd lost  lol! 
I shouldn't ... but

 
Spoiler:
Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh 
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:00 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Massive win that one, will give them a huge amount of belief.  Hopefully next week we'll have Coleman back and I reckon he might start Nais up front in that poacher's role.  We can definitely beat Spurs if we build on today's performance.  With the results going as they did today, we're right on the tail of the Shite.
foofoo is close as well isn't he ?

True, he might be on the bench next week I suppose.

Fair play to Bobby, how many times has he got his subs right so far this season? Take of a right back, bring on a striker - then put a right back on again after we've turned the game around! Shows, you can't have too many full backs on your bench, you never know when you might need one...
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:01 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
The President wrote:Utd lost  lol! 
I shouldn't ... but

 
Spoiler:
Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh 

thank fuck we won, otherwise the Shite would be romping away with fourth. As it as, they have to look over their shoulders just a wee bit. Can't imagine the Baggies getting anything off them except a massive tonking. 0-5?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  SEFTON on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:25 pm

[quote="hairberto cataract"]
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
The President wrote:Utd lost  lol! 
I shouldn't ... but

 
Spoiler:
Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh 

thank fuck we won, otherwise the Shite would be romping away with fourth.  As it as, they have to look over their shoulders just a wee bit.  Can't imagine the Baggies getting anything off them except a massive tonking.  0-5?[/quote

Hard fought win today , but? we deserved it  cheers 
I quite fancy West Brom to beat the shyte tomorrow  cheers 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9847
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Helenqu on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:36 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Massive win that one, will give them a huge amount of belief.  Hopefully next week we'll have Coleman back and I reckon he might start Nais up front in that poacher's role.  We can definitely beat Spurs if we build on today's performance.  With the results going as they did today, we're right on the tail of the Shite.
foofoo is close as well isn't he ?

True, he might be on the bench next week I suppose.

Fair play to Bobby, how many times has he got his subs right so far this season?  Take of a right back, bring on a striker - then put a right back on again after we've turned the game around!  Shows, you can't have too many full backs on your bench, you never know when you might need one...

I was just thinking the same thing. He's very good at making changes that work.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880
Age : 56
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:38 pm

Helenqu wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Massive win that one, will give them a huge amount of belief.  Hopefully next week we'll have Coleman back and I reckon he might start Nais up front in that poacher's role.  We can definitely beat Spurs if we build on today's performance.  With the results going as they did today, we're right on the tail of the Shite.
foofoo is close as well isn't he ?

True, he might be on the bench next week I suppose.

Fair play to Bobby, how many times has he got his subs right so far this season?  Take of a right back, bring on a striker - then put a right back on again after we've turned the game around!  Shows, you can't have too many full backs on your bench, you never know when you might need one...

I was just thinking the same thing. He's very good at making changes that work.
or you could take the view that he started with the wrong personnel on the park
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:40 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Massive win that one, will give them a huge amount of belief.  Hopefully next week we'll have Coleman back and I reckon he might start Nais up front in that poacher's role.  We can definitely beat Spurs if we build on today's performance.  With the results going as they did today, we're right on the tail of the Shite.
foofoo is close as well isn't he ?

True, he might be on the bench next week I suppose.

Fair play to Bobby, how many times has he got his subs right so far this season?  Take of a right back, bring on a striker - then put a right back on again after we've turned the game around!  Shows, you can't have too many full backs on your bench, you never know when you might need one...

I was just thinking the same thing. He's very good at making changes that work.
or you could take the view that he started with the wrong personnel on the park

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 41
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 5:42 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Helenqu wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:Massive win that one, will give them a huge amount of belief.  Hopefully next week we'll have Coleman back and I reckon he might start Nais up front in that poacher's role.  We can definitely beat Spurs if we build on today's performance.  With the results going as they did today, we're right on the tail of the Shite.
foofoo is close as well isn't he ?

True, he might be on the bench next week I suppose.

Fair play to Bobby, how many times has he got his subs right so far this season?  Take of a right back, bring on a striker - then put a right back on again after we've turned the game around!  Shows, you can't have too many full backs on your bench, you never know when you might need one...

I was just thinking the same thing. He's very good at making changes that work.
or you could take the view that he started with the wrong personnel on the park

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
 Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 F_laugh 
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:01 pm

Just back from the game.  Poor first half, much better second half thoughts:

McGeedy can't beat a man, can't pass to a man, and is crap - that's all really

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 56
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:03 pm

Everton boss Roberto Martinez: "I think it's without doubt the most satisfying win of the season."

You can see where he's coming from, he goes on to suggest we weren't playing with enough enjoyment in the first half, and we definitely looked more up for it second half. When you think about what West Ham did to Chelsea, it was very similar today - Villa just tried to stifle us, so it was a great, great win in the end.

I'm really made up for Naismith, he scores those sorts of goals really well and, even if he is a bit shit, he probably deserves a go as our striker next week. His runs in the box were very good, even if he missed a sitter with the free header. And, when he does get a one on one with the keeper, he keeps his head. Mirallas is a better player, but he's not very good at timing those runs off the shoulder of the defender. Admittedly, Villa were squeezing up a bit more on Mirallas whereas when Naismith came on they had gone a bit deeper and that was probably their undoing.

Nais, eh. He's like a new signing  cheers 
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:Just back from the game.  Poor first half, much better second half thoughts:

McGeedy can't beat a man, can't pass to a man, and is crap - that's all really

I mcAgreedy with you. Ha! See what I did there? McAgreedy? Though to be fair he has a few tricks up his sleeve. Problem is they come to nothing. Waste of money. I don't think he'll keep his place when everyone else is fit.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24055
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  The President on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:09 pm

This is the most-played fixture in the English top flight.
Everton have now moved into a 73-72 lead from the 198 league meetings
 cheers cheers 
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Age : 59
Location : Alagadi Cyprus
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Blue gazza on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:12 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/1-1-steven-naismith-everton-vs-aston-villa-vine/

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/kevin-miralles-scored-an-outstanding-free-kick-as-everton-beat-aston-villa-with-a-late-turnaround-vine/
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7258
Age : 58
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  The President on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:22 pm

Blueberto wrote:http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/1-1-steven-naismith-everton-vs-aston-villa-vine/

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/kevin-miralles-scored-an-outstanding-free-kick-as-everton-beat-aston-villa-with-a-late-turnaround-vine/

Cheers Blue

Two very good goals  cheers cheers 
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Age : 59
Location : Alagadi Cyprus
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 6:28 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Just back from the game.  Poor first half, much better second half thoughts:

McGeedy can't beat a man, can't pass to a man, and is crap - that's all really

I mcAgreedy with you.  Ha!  See what I did there?  McAgreedy?  Though to be fair he has a few tricks up his sleeve.  Problem is they come to nothing. Waste of money.  I don't think he'll keep his place when everyone else is fit.  
So.. Bobby's perm signings so far

Kone - hospy shite and old
Alcopops - ok but can only play 1 game every 5 weeks
Robles - drops a lot
McGeady - early days but not particularly good
McCarthy - expensive but looks like a very good player
kid goalie - fuck knows

that's a bit crap isn't it
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 8:08 pm

5 points ahead on Utd after 24 games played. Who would have thought that!  lol! cheers 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 8:18 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Just back from the game.  Poor first half, much better second half thoughts:

McGeedy can't beat a man, can't pass to a man, and is crap - that's all really

I mcAgreedy with you.  Ha!  See what I did there?  McAgreedy?  Though to be fair he has a few tricks up his sleeve.  Problem is they come to nothing. Waste of money.  I don't think he'll keep his place when everyone else is fit.  
I think it's too early really to tell. His shot off the post was a good effort. Granted, the defender was too far away from him but he moved the ball to the inside and produced a good finish, too bad it didn't go in.

He doesn't seem very mobile though, something which worries me. Maybe he'll get more room to move around (and when he's match fit) when Coleman gets back since he likes to overlap more than Stones does. That should free up some room for McGeady to move around and make more of an impact.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Statman on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 8:22 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:5 points ahead on Utd after 24 games played. Who would have thought that!   lol! cheers 

And likely to be just 5 points behind Chelsea after they have played 24.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Statman on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:03 pm

Reading about the 'not given' foul leading up to Villa's goal was interesting because I was listening to 5 Live eariler (they were at the United game) and the commentators (Alan Green, in particular) were fuming about a free kick that wasn't given for Ashley Young.

Wonder if MOTD will make a fuss of both, either or neither?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:21 pm

Statman wrote:Reading about the 'not given' foul leading up to Villa's goal was interesting because I was listening to 5 Live eariler (they were at the United game) and the commentators (Alan Green, in particular) were fuming about a free kick that wasn't given for Ashley Young.

Wonder if MOTD will make a fuss of both, either or neither?
at the time I thought it was a foul, but as soon as I saw the replay it clearly wasn't... Stones was caught in possession by Delph.. it was a good tackle
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:47 pm

Statman wrote:Reading about the 'not given' foul leading up to Villa's goal was interesting because I was listening to 5 Live eariler (they were at the United game) and the commentators (Alan Green, in particular) were fuming about a free kick that wasn't given for Ashley Young.

Wonder if MOTD will make a fuss of both, either or neither?

It looked like a foul at full speed but, in retrospect, it looked like a good tackle on Barkley.

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13152
Age : 41
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 13 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum