606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa V Everton

+9
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Gravy & Chips
Albert
13 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Aston Villa V Everton Empty Aston Villa V Everton

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:17 pm

Tuesday 1st March KO 19:45

Suffering withdrawal symptoms here this weekend as we've no game, but on Tuesday....yes you guessed it....at least we've got Villa.

About time we took out our frustration at this disappointing league season on someone, so who better than them before they are mathematically doomed to the Championship and consequently start playing better ?

Tweeting pics of your flashy car after a humiliating defeat before making a false apology ? LOL at you Joleon. Shoulda stayed at Everton.

The RS put 6 past them so can be go one better and make it 7 ? Get into these scruffy Claret & Blues and rub their noses in it.

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa V Everton Empty Re: Aston Villa V Everton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 28 Feb 2016, 12:39 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Tuesday 1st March KO 19:45

Suffering withdrawal symptoms here this weekend as we've no game, but on Tuesday....yes you guessed it....at least we've got Villa.

About time we took out our frustration at this disappointing league season on someone, so who better than them before they are mathematically doomed to the Championship and consequently start playing better ?

Tweeting pics of your flashy car after a humiliating defeat before making a false apology ? LOL at you Joleon. Shoulda stayed at Everton.

The RS put 6 past them so can be go one better and make it 7 ? Get into these scruffy Claret & Blues and rub their noses in it.

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.
My initial thought is we won our last match v Bournemouth & you weren't the author of the thread cheers

I'm in for some mega-snitch point here cheers cheers cheers

Number of posts : 40814
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:10 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.
My initial thought is we won our last match v Bournemouth & you weren't the author of the thread cheers

2 days from the match and Sef hadn't started the thread, is that not snitch worthy?
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 28 Feb 2016, 1:17 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

2 days from the match and Sef hadn't started the thread, is that not snitch worthy?
48 hours is the rule & that's 7:45 tonight study

I'm in the snitch points... and BHE missed the snitch too so should also incur the judge's fury sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 28 Feb 2016, 2:34 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

I'm in the snitch points... and BHE missed the snitch too so should also incur the judge's fury sunny
I can confirm that law officers are now being briefed..... Rulings made when overseas do have a reputation of being swingeing .... Just saying like ... Because last week I was on Chop Chop square...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 28 Feb 2016, 3:34 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

I can confirm that law officers are now being briefed..... Rulings made when overseas do have a reputation of being swingeing .... Just saying like ... Because last week I was on Chop Chop square...
I wish to claim stake to a double snitch & therefore assume double snitch points for being particularly snidey..

Snitch 1... premature ejaculation over the Villa thread by SST

Snitch 2... pointing out the blatant dereliction of snitch duty by BHE

I expect I could win the match thread league after these have been assessed cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sun 28 Feb 2016, 5:47 pm

I think Villa are dead and buried. 2-1 to the blues.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 28 Feb 2016, 8:57 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

I wish to claim stake to a double snitch & therefore assume double snitch points for being particularly snidey..

I expect I could win the match thread league after these have been assessed cheers

Shouldn't Sef's behaviour also be considered.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 29 Feb 2016, 9:43 am

Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

Hang on a minute guys, I wasn't aware that I was eligible to carry Cup games over to League games regards to the thread, so I don't feel I have done anything unjust, I have no problem with ''Stantman'' using the 48 hour rule. I except it was my mistake.

Just seems to me we have snitches right across the board waiting to pounce the minute some one makes an honest error ,BHE- Mori Foo Gwlady's-Statman the main-culprits looking for snitch points, sorry I thought points were earned through football knowledge not classroom bickering. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 29 Feb 2016, 10:37 am

sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

Hang on a minute guys, I wasn't aware that I was eligible to carry Cup games over to League games regards to the thread, so I don't feel I have done anything unjust, I have no problem with ''Stantman'' using the 48 hour rule. I except it was my mistake.

Just seems to me we have snitches right across the board waiting to pounce the minute some one makes an honest error ,BHE- Mori Foo Gwlady's-Statman the main-culprits looking for snitch points, sorry I thought points were earned through football knowledge not classroom bickering. lol!

You were wrong. Very Happy

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 29 Feb 2016, 10:41 am

Crikey. I leave the page alone for a couple of days and there's carnage. Regrettably I wasn't logged on at the time the misdemeanour was made as I was making a rather delicious roast dinner in the 22 minute window in question (eg. between the match thread posting being made and M4G posting his snitch).

If I receive a snitch punishment in exchange for roasted onion, yorkshire puddings and chicken then so be it, but I'll be back. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 29 Feb 2016, 12:17 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

Look above B-H-E, I said I had made an error, You little snitcher You, Hope Da Judge sees this as more that snitching? Its a witch hunt to darken my GOOD reputation. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 29 Feb 2016, 1:20 pm

sefton wrote:
sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

Look above B-H-E, I said I had made an error, You little snitcher You, Hope Da Judge sees this as more that snitching? Its a witch hunt to darken my GOOD reputation. lol!
Impeccable behaviour from Sefton as I see it.. I expect him to be honoured with injured party points as compo

SST stole the thread a good few hours BEFORE the 48 hour rule.. very naughty No

BHE's dinner priority ahead of snitching Aston Villa V Everton Bottom is a very lame excuse

btw ... I think Da Judge is a really good nice kind guy & the next bottle of white wine is of course, on me tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 29 Feb 2016, 1:53 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
sefton wrote:
sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

Impeccable behaviour from Sefton as I see it.. I expect him to be honoured with injured party points as compo

SST stole the thread a good few hours BEFORE the 48 hour rule.. very naughty No

BHE's dinner priority ahead of snitching Aston Villa V Everton Bottom is a very lame excuse

btw ... I think Da Judge is a really good nice kind guy & the next bottle of white wine is of course, on me tongue

Its a fair cop! Are there snitch points for only picking easy matches??
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 29 Feb 2016, 2:19 pm

sefton wrote:
sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

I should snitch on your perception of having a 'good reputation' but I'll let it go.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 01 Mar 2016, 8:57 am

sefton wrote:
sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

I should snitch on your perception of having a 'good reputation' but I'll let it go.  Laughing

Sorry B-H-E, I won't let it go,your patronising of my reputation is nothing short of DEFIMATION OF CHARACTER, your so desperate for snitching point's, it sickens me that you have to stoop so low, maybe you should get out of the kitchen and stop crying foulFowl lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 01 Mar 2016, 9:23 am

You know what we are like against teams who are rooted to the bottom of the table - 0-0
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 01 Mar 2016, 10:44 am

sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

+1
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm

Statman wrote:
sefton wrote:
Statman wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:
Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

Thoughts ?

I reckon 0-3 to Everton.

+1

Thick as thieves, Very Happy
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 01 Mar 2016, 12:55 pm

Order, order..... Order in the Court.....

Be it advised to all and sundry that the Allegations surrounding the ante-match build up to the English Premier League fixture between Aston Villa Football Club and Evderton Football Club scheduled to commence on 1st March 2016 are now due to be heard and judgements made.

The charges laid bare are fairly straight forward that one Southern Smug Toffee (a.k.a SST) did more than brazenly and knowingly open a match thread when in doing so broke all known conventions governing such match threads in what is deemed civilised and polite society.

A second charge relating to the offence that of dereliction of snitching duty in the face of the such theft has been placed against on Barry Horne's Equaliser (a.k.a BHE, a.k.a. the "Gordon Ramsey of Rugby, a.k.a. the "Warwickshire 'watch' man).

There is a putative charge of general slackness levied against Sefton (a.k.a The Recidivist) for General Sef like behaviour.

On the first count - it is helpful to the court that SST has admitted the theft and in mitigation has offered the excuse that he was not aware of the rules. Given that he is man of several - usually interesting posts and has been a worthwhile contributor of overflow 3600 posts but more importantly has been reading content since the 8th of January 2008 (he is member number 186 of 314). The court finds such pleading woefully short of the mark. THread theft is an egregious act, and as such can and must attract the strongest sanction. Whilst the court would accept that this is a first offence the court is troubled that having tried compassion this season this has happened so flagrantly. So I have to pronounce with a heavy heart a penalty of 5 points.

For the second, it grieves me deeply that the accused - perhaps the slickest and most efficient snitcher - known to the court appears before me today. In overall snidiness he was sans pareil.

It is clear that he has correctly identified a window of opportunity where his downfall occurred. What was perhaps more damaging get in his statements was that he 'left the board for a couple of days'. Being absent for such a long period was clearly not in the true spirit of snithchmanship. There can be times (feeding/providing for young ones, nurturing a maturing relationship with one's life partner, dogging....) when absence is acceptable but nobody can go off, for example, dogging for two days and expect to escape punishment.

Before pronouncing sentence - the Court does need to recognise the individual who was so diligent in bringing events to the general public's attention. Whilst the court is always willing to reward such behaviour it also has to recognise the limitation and segregation of powers. The 'snitch' was provided by the League organiser and as such an Officer of the Establishment who has the responsibility to ensure that the League is run efficiently and effectively. It is an accepted point therefore that in effect M4G was only doing that which was expected of him to do and no more. As such the court is in a dilemma, Should it reward a plainly self centred act, from a man upset at the thought of losing his crown and thus a man driven to wanton acts of desperation? In this case the court cannot provide full remediation other than to allow some succour in the hope that the incentive to snitch is still available. So 1 point for the snitch on count 1 and 2 points for Count 2.

So to sentencing. For gross neglects from duty for being absent for two days (and no one noticing....I might add) I find the penalty of 30 points appropriate - 50% to be levied immediately the balance on suspension.
The terms of the suspension are such that BHE is now reduced in status to Co-snitcher alongside Statman who is duly coerced and co-opted to the position. Should Statman beat BHE to the next snitch the remaining penalty will apply and points supplemented against Statman.

ANd for the final charge, the Court accepts that Sef sometimes is puzzled by the various activities associated with the competition. He has therefore to post his view of the match thread by 1600 today UK time else be forfeited all points. No cut and paste shall be allowed (the Court will know if you have!! Suspect ) it needs to be Sef's thinking and should be between 150-200 words long. The court does recognise defamation.... And should he be successful the points deducted for the theft shall be applied to him.

THis ends the matter. Order in Da Court

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 01 Mar 2016, 1:21 pm

lol!

I think BHE got away lightly there Aston Villa V Everton 830563
Mind you he probably won't read this for a couple of days yet while he completes his latest dogging session Very Happy

Snitcher definitely under compensated for a wonderful snitch though Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 01 Mar 2016, 1:33 pm

I'm less concerned about the minus 15 (potentially 30) points and my dogging habit being made public than I am about being the Gordon Ramsay of Rugby.

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 01 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm

Da Judge wrote:What was perhaps more damaging get in his statements was that he 'left the board for a couple of days'. Being absent for such a long period was clearly not in the true spirit of snithchmanship. There can be times (feeding/providing for young ones, nurturing a maturing relationship with one's life partner, dogging....) when absence is acceptable but nobody can go off, for example, dogging for two days and expect to escape punishment.

This was about the clearest breach of the Match Thread rules and I was unable to pick up on it.

The reason I was away for a couple of days was due to having family visit, including our four year old nephew (and cousin to my kids). We knew nothing about this little man until he was nearly a year old - it's all very Jeremy Kyle. This was the first time we had ever spent some quality time together having only seen him for no more than a couple of hours at a time, maybe just four or five times in the past. It was essential that all involved were treated to a quality Sunday lunch. Actually, we all had a great time and was worth the minus 15 points.

Simultaneously, the planning application for the field which I have been involved in fighting for the last 18 months is going to be heard a week on Wednesday which we found out about on Friday afternoon (and the Planning Officer in charge of the case has recommended refusal cheers).

All in all, it's been a busy time and I am but a simple man with a mere 24 hours in the day like everyone else and this weekend was particularly busy. It's not an excuse but, in recognition of my own limitations, I accept my punishment with grace.

If I am expected to out-snitch Statman, then I would like to draw to your attention the fact that the line highlighted above actually makes no sense. Call me old fashioned, but I expect greater standards from a body with the authority to adjudicate legal disputes between parties when they are in the process of carrying out the administration of justice.

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Tue 01 Mar 2016, 2:07 pm

Aston Villa team news:
•Jordan Ayew is back following a three-game ban.
•Villa remain without the injured Jack Grealish, Carlos Sanchez, Libor Kozak, Adama Traore and Jordan Amavi.

Everton team news:
•Mohamed Besic the only player that may have played still likely to be sidelined with a hamstring injury.
•John Stones is back fit after overcoming a hamstring problem, but unlikely to start here. While Leighton Baines may also have to make do with a place on the bench.
•Forward Arouna Kone is fit after illness.

Aston Villa (from): Bunn, Guzan, Bacuna, Clark, Hutton, Lescott, Okore, Richards, Richardson, Gil, Gueye, Grealish, N’Zogbia, Sanchez, Sinclair, Veretout, Westwood, Agbonlahor, Ayew, Gestede, Kozak, Traore.

Everton (from): Howard, Joel, Stanek, Baines, Coleman, Funes Mori, Galloway, Holgate, Jagielka, Oviedo, Stones, Barkley, Barry, Besic, Cleverley, Gibson, Lennon, McCarthy, Mirallas, Osman, Pienaar, Deulofeu, Kone, Lukaku, Niasse, Rodriguez.

Aston Villa predicted starting line-up:
Bunn, Cissokho, Richards, Lescott, Hutton, Gil, Gana, Bacuna, Veretout, Ayew, Gestede
Everton predicted starting line-up:
Robles, Oviedo, Mori, Jagielka, Coleman, McCarthy, Barry, Lennon, Barkley, Cleverley, Lukaku

SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 01 Mar 2016, 2:39 pm

Da Judge wrote:What was perhaps more damaging get in his statements was that he 'left the board for a couple of days'. Being absent for such a long period was clearly not in the true spirit of snithchmanship. There can be times (feeding/providing for young ones, nurturing a maturing relationship with one's life partner, dogging....) when absence is acceptable but nobody can go off, for example, dogging for two days and expect to escape punishment.

This was about the clearest breach of the Match Thread rules and I was unable to pick up on it.

The reason I was away for a couple of days was due to having family visit, including our four year old nephew (and cousin to my kids). We knew nothing about this little man until he was nearly a year old - it's all very Jeremy Kyle. This was the first time we had ever spent some quality time together having only seen him for no more than a couple of hours at a time, maybe just four or five times in the past. It was essential that all involved were treated to a quality Sunday lunch. Actually, we all had a great time and was worth the minus 15 points.

Simultaneously, the planning application for the field which I have been involved in fighting for the last 18 months is going to be heard a week on Wednesday which we found out about on Friday afternoon (and the Planning Officer in charge of the case has recommended refusal cheers).

All in all, it's been a busy time and I am but a simple man with a mere 24 hours in the day like everyone else and this weekend was particularly busy. It's not an excuse but, in recognition of my own limitations, I accept my punishment with grace.

If I am expected to out-snitch Statman, then I would like to draw to your attention the fact that the line highlighted above actually makes no sense. Call me old fashioned, but I expect greater standards from a body with the authority to adjudicate legal disputes between parties when they are in the process of carrying out the administration of justice.

If that is an appeal .... its very good.... good enough? not sure ... but still very good... Is the council refusal based on anything to do with how you have currently been trying to use it?

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next