606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

+33
Valentino Blue
Gravy & Chips
WellOilBeefHooked
Lumper
Tonteau
Royal Blue Mersey
anticipate_the_pass
Dixie Land
My other LB is a Ferrari
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Albert
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Merseyblue
fourdoors
ToffeeDan
37 posters

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 26 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Armchair Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:00 am

Here's a very good piece by Phil McNulty. He clearly thinks Bobby should be sacked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36099285
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 26 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:07 am

Armchair wrote:
hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:By the way, what do we think are the chances of him being sacked today?  I think the majority of clubs probably would end it this morning, but that doesn't seem to be our style.  Nevertheless, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see "rumours of an announcement" emerging in a couple of hours, followed by a statement at lunchtime.

We're too nice a club to sack him before the semi although I'm convinced we'd have a better chance of winning without him.

I'd imagine a fans poll would strongly back that up. I'm second guessing my plans for Saturday. Suppose to be going to pub with Utd mate then out for dinner and drinks with respective wife's afterwards. Not looking forward to it now especially if that clown is still there on Saturday. We need either a players revolt or a sacking to stand any chance. Not that I'm particularly worried about Utd. At our best we can clearly beat them but we are devoid of a confidence at the moment.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:22 am

is he still here ?

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:29 am

hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:By the way, what do we think are the chances of him being sacked today?  I think the majority of clubs probably would end it this morning, but that doesn't seem to be our style.  Nevertheless, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see "rumours of an announcement" emerging in a couple of hours, followed by a statement at lunchtime.

IMO, he should be gone today, no body can defend that performance even if he'd played a weakened team. I'd have some respect for RM if he did it himself, but I think realistically he'll be given a chance on Saturday and probably run out to the end of the season.

I cant see anything other than a thorough hiding by a fairly average united team on Saturday though. the one silver lining is that would surely have to be the last nail in the coffin to seal his fate.

can't see the actual sacking happening before summer, if there was a realistic threat of relegation he'd be gone but seen as the leagues not a major issue i think they'll leave it till the end of the season and hopefully be lining up a replacement in between.

need to have the new manager and new backroom staff in before pre season, this team needs sorting on so many levels but the basic fitness levels are one of my major concerns.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:49 am

Valentino Blue wrote:

IMO, he should be gone today, no body can defend that performance even if he'd played a weakened team. I'd have some respect for RM if he did it himself, but I think realistically he'll be given a chance on Saturday and probably run out to the end of the season.

I cant see anything other than a thorough hiding by a fairly average united team on Saturday though. the one silver lining is that would surely have to be the last nail in the coffin to seal his fate.

can't see the actual sacking happening before summer, if there was a realistic threat of relegation he'd be gone but seen as the leagues not a major issue i think they'll leave it till the end of the season and hopefully be lining up a replacement in between.

need to have the new manager and new backroom staff in before pre season, this team needs sorting on so many levels but the basic fitness levels are one of my major concerns.

VB! Nice to see you mate.

I must admit, I'm disappointed not to have heard a peep from the club this morning. I did have some hope that we'd do the right thing and bin this fucking idiot immediately. Anyway, whatever, he can't last beyond the weekend in my opinion, assuming we lose. The pressure from the fans will be unrelenting, the atmosphere at Goodison unbearable.

Now, if we somehow manage to win on Saturday....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:05 pm

hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

I must admit, I'm disappointed not to have heard a peep from the club this morning.  I did have some hope that we'd do the right thing and bin this fucking idiot immediately.  Anyway, whatever, he can't last beyond the weekend in my opinion, assuming we lose.  The pressure from the fans will be unrelenting, the atmosphere at Goodison unbearable.  

now then mate hope everyone's good,
had to come on need somewhere to vent. Really been losing the love for the game over the past 3-4 years but this season is has got me majorly worried for our future.

it worries me if he somehow pulls off another result in the cup what are the board going to do. of course i'd love to see us lift the cup but it can't be used as blinkers to block out the rest of the shite that's gone before it.

It shouldn't change things, especially with the supposed ambition behind the new investment. They need to look at the bigger picture rather than a handful of chance wins, but we all know that BK will be all over the trophy. i'm not anti Bill but sometimes as a fan he's too attached to sentiment
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:06 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:

I must admit, I'm disappointed not to have heard a peep from the club this morning.  I did have some hope that we'd do the right thing and bin this fucking idiot immediately.  Anyway, whatever, he can't last beyond the weekend in my opinion, assuming we lose.  The pressure from the fans will be unrelenting, the atmosphere at Goodison unbearable.  

ditto.. good to see you back VB !

I too would respect him just a very small bit if he had the decency to walk... but the tosser will never do that.

He has made us a laughing stock.. all you have to do is pick up a paper & see words like inept, the rout, clueless, pathetic.... and what is totally worse... is it was again that pile of redshite wank.. who by the way are not a particularly good team.

Keeping him because of the FA cup is bloody silly... and smack of small club mentality at the top.

Talk to Pelligini today & appoint him... tell Bob to fucking do one this afternoon & leave the keys for the Jag too...

fuck the FA cup .. we'll fuck it up anyway somehow with him at the helm... put Kenwright as interim manager... or Moshi... he'd fucking love that.. Moshi leading the team out at Wembley.... now that would be a story

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:08 pm

Made 4 Sackys wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

ditto.. good to see you back VB !

I too would respect him just a very small bit if he had the decency to walk... but the tosser will never do that.

He has made us a laughing stock.. all you have to do is pick up a paper & see words like inept, the rout, clueless, pathetic.... and what is totally worse... is it was again that pile of redshite wank.. who by the way are not a particularly good team.

Keeping him because of the FA cup is bloody silly... and smack of small club mentality at the top.

Talk to Pelligini today & appoint him... tell Bob to fucking do one this afternoon & leave the keys for the Jag too...

fuck the FA cup .. we'll fuck it up anyway somehow with him at the helm... put Kenwright as interim manager... or Moshi... he'd fucking love that.. Moshi leading the team out at Wembley.... now that would be a story

Put Dunc and Unsworth in charge, get Dunc eyeball to eyeball with LVG before the match.

i'd back the pellegrini shout too. think he could do well with a team like ours
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm

Got to be a NO from me for Pellegrini.  I don't rate him anyway, but his defences have been more porous than ours. With the resources at his disposal, he's massively under-achieved (sound like a brown-shoed Spaniard we know?).

I'm not sure who I'd have right now, but it needs to be someone with tons of discipline, someone who will put the shits up this feckless bunch of players.  I know a lot of people would disagree but my top two would be Jose and Rafa.  Jose is a right twat, and we need that.  He knows how to balance flair and the need to grind out wins.  Also, he can attract some big names if that's what he wants.  Moshi should make a statement by contacting Jose's agent and offering a blank cheque.  Failing that, Rafa is just as big a twat, but he also knows how to build on solid defence and get the most from his team.  Obviously him being a RS cunt makes him less attractive.  If Bilic was available I'd go for him maybe, but failing all those then we're going to have to take a punt on a young manager.  Not sure who that would be, and he probably wouldn't be able to keep the name players at the club.

So, Jose it is then.  Thanks.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:40 pm

hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:Got to be a NO from me for Pellegrini.  I don't rate him anyway, but his defences have been more porous than ours. With the resources at his disposal, he's massively under-achieved (sound like a brown-shoed Spaniard we know?).

I'm not sure who I'd have right now, but it needs to be someone with tons of discipline, someone who will put the shits up this feckless bunch of players.  I know a lot of people would disagree but my top two would be Jose and Rafa.  Jose is a right twat, and we need that.  He knows how to balance flair and the need to grind out wins.  Also, he can attract some big names if that's what he wants.  Moshi should make a statement by contacting Jose's agent and offering a blank cheque.  Failing that, Rafa is just as big a twat, but he also knows how to build on solid defence and get the most from his team.  Obviously him being a RS cunt makes him less attractive.  If Bilic was available I'd go for him maybe, but failing all those then we're going to have to take a punt on a young manager.  Not sure who that would be, and he probably wouldn't be able to keep the name players at the club.

Jose wants the Man U job though. Perhaps if he gets it we can go for LVG? He certainly knows how to defend Sleep
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:47 pm

We need a clear out, not just of the manager and his backroom team though. First off, boot Bill up to a Bobby Charlton role "club ambassador" or whatever. Then, let's have a look at this fantastic squad we've got. Fact is, Bobby Bollox hasn't been able to replace Pienaar and Ossie, or even Cahill and Distin for that matter. The first two, in their prime, piss all over our current options.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:13 pm

hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:Got to be a NO from me for Pellegrini.  I don't rate him anyway, but his defences have been more porous than ours. With the resources at his disposal, he's massively under-achieved (sound like a brown-shoed Spaniard we know?).

Jose is a yes from me

If we appoint FSW then next door's cat gets it the same night, in a nasty burning accident as a method of venting

Bilic.. hello... I wanted him or Periera when we appointed this twat called Bob.. he won't leave Wet Spam now

I like Pellegrini, he's a miserable cunt & is happy to tell people to fuck off... I reckon he'd kick the shit into our 'stars' for sure

I deffo take Moyes back !

We'll end up with Tim Sherwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:21 pm

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 26 Captur15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:26 pm

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 26 Captur16

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:29 pm

Bobby out & Pellegini in will give you an accumulator of 16/1

not bad

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:45 pm

Probably like to see how he manages next season but Eddie Howe doing well, especially after losing players to long term injuries early on in the season. Stubbs doing well at Hibs but need to see them in top division to judge him too. As many have said, outside the top bracket of managers that we would struggle to attract it's hard to see an obvious choice. Also with Euros on this summer, it's going to hard to bed in managers and more importantly players early on. I'd take Moyes back to steady the ship for season or two.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:04 pm

I'd prefer a manager with a proven track record like LVG or Pellegrini. We've been there and done that with up-and-coming managers; we're in a different place now with a core of quality players and shed loads of money to spend.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:08 pm

Doesn't look like he's going before the semi then Mad

We need to be noisy as fuck at Wembley, let the players know we're there, not get on their backs. Everyone knows now that we want Martinez out, so we need to be positive and hope for the best. Win-win situation really - if the team raises their game and causes an upset, we're in the FA Cup Final but if we lose, then Bobby will be gone by Monday lunchtime.

COYB!!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:34 pm

Jose, yes but i'd rather have someone with a bit more faith in youth
Rafa, just no. I should make you sit in a dark room listening to the entire coldplay back catalogue on repeat for three days for that suggestion.

I know Pellegrini's City have lost it big style this season but i'd be looking at the job he did at the likes of Malaga and Villarreal

i'm sure theres a few germans, they're dead fashionable now aren't they, but i don't know too much about their league.

sure we pissed him off by going with Bob Martin over him but whats that porto guy been upto, had a bang tidy missus if I remember right.

what about someone like villas boas? was good at spurs sorting them out but the expectations at Chelsea where too high.

as you say there are some glaring holes appearing in the squad. the entire back line is either ageing past it or has no legitimate back up. Goalkeeper has needed sorting for seasons. Barry, Osman, Pienaar all ageing or already aged and need replacing. we've got 1 striker, Kone and Niasse don't count ones old and a fraud and the others younger and a fraud. someones inheriting a right mess to be honest.

Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:42 pm

Made 4 Sackys wrote:

Jose is a yes from me

If we appoint FSW then next door's cat gets it the same night, in a nasty burning accident as a method of venting

Bilic.. hello... I wanted him or Periera when we appointed this twat called Bob.. he won't leave Wet Spam now

I like Pellegrini, he's a miserable cunt & is happy to tell people to fuck off... I reckon he'd kick the shit into our 'stars' for sure

I deffo take Moyes back !

We'll end up with Tim Sherwood

i'm not 100% i'd have Moyes back, there aren't enough players wiling to graft in the squad to get his style to work currently

but can you imagine if we had Lukaku in a Moyes squad, The only season we had a decent striker was that one season of Yakubu and i'd say Lukaku is a better player than Yak in terms of his all round game
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 21 Apr 2016, 4:50 pm

I keep logging in expecting to see that he's gone.... but he's still here Mad Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 21 Apr 2016, 5:31 pm

Made 4 Sackys wrote:I keep logging in expecting to see that he's gone.... but he's still here Mad Mad

Me too. I can't actually believe he's not been sacked yet.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 21 Apr 2016, 5:46 pm

Made 4 Sackys wrote:I keep logging in expecting to see that he's gone.... but he's still here Mad Mad

haha, i do the same every update lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 21 Apr 2016, 5:48 pm

never been a gambler really, but decided to put a massive £1 each on pellegrini, and jose @ 8/1 to be next boss Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 21 Apr 2016, 5:55 pm

Blue gazza wrote:never been a gambler really, but decided to put a massive £1 each on pellegrini, and jose @ 8/1 to be next boss  Very Happy
Moyes had an air of Celtic here-I-come last night, but will Big Mosh go back to the Moyster?
.....and should you ever go back in any walk of life?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 31 ... 36  Next