606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

+33
Valentino Blue
Gravy & Chips
WellOilBeefHooked
Lumper
Tonteau
Royal Blue Mersey
anticipate_the_pass
Dixie Land
My other LB is a Ferrari
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Albert
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Merseyblue
fourdoors
ToffeeDan
37 posters

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  SEFTON Fri 29 Apr 2016, 1:54 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Made 4 Sackys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I think they must be leaving it till the end of the season.

No point rocking the boat as such for the sake of 3 fairly meaningless games. The season ended when Martial scored last week.

I hope suitable candidates are being drawn up and tapped up or whatever as we speak.

Let him finish his third season, then say thanks for all your efforts, good luck in the future the day after the last game of the season.

If he is still in charge when the Euros start I would be very worried.
I think we should unload him now if we're going to do it at all.
It will hopefully stop the boo-boys, so that Rosco and others, will know that they've not been the ones being booed.
Give Big Dunc the role and see if Gladdy have the courage to boo him.
what actually is the legal definition of the 'end of the season' I wonder?

...and does that have any impact / weightings against the level of compo we have to give the little shit

Day after the Norwich game for me.

I did read somewhere if it is after the 1st of June it might be cheaper.

I read that, 2 million cheaper if Martinez contract was terminated 1st June.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:10 pm

sefton wrote:
Made 4 Sackys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I think they must be leaving it till the end of the season.

No point rocking the boat as such for the sake of 3 fairly meaningless games. The season ended when Martial scored last week.

I hope suitable candidates are being drawn up and tapped up or whatever as we speak.

Let him finish his third season, then say thanks for all your efforts, good luck in the future the day after the last game of the season.

It will hopefully stop the boo-boys, so that Rosco and others, will know that they've not been the ones being booed.

...and does that have any impact / weightings against the level of compo we have to give the little shit

I think we need some kind of countdown clock to the day. That has to be the day he goes.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:24 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
sefton wrote:
Made 4 Sackys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I think we need some kind of countdown clock to the day. That has to be the day he goes.

Something like this...

Countdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:28 pm

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 Blu_1464782400

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 29 Apr 2016, 2:37 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 Blu_1464782400

The link in my previous post might not have been obvious...

Click Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 29 Apr 2016, 3:23 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 Blu_1464782400

Click Me
cheers cheers PHENOMENAL cheers cheers

Number of posts : 40858
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 30 Apr 2016, 11:52 am

You should read the interview he had with Carra in the Mail today. Either the whole world is wrong and this guy is some genius or he's the biggest chancer in history. I won't even quote the highlights but it's Bobby bullshit gold!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:55 pm

Bluejagz wrote:You should read the interview he had with Carra in the Mail today. Either the whole world is wrong and this guy is some genius or he's the biggest chancer in history. I won't even quote the highlights but it's Bobby bullshit gold!
Wow, just wow.

CARRAGHER: Your team has been criticised for the goals you have conceded, leads being thrown away. When it happens do you concentrate on working with the back four for a week or do you just think that is one part of the game?
MARTINEZ: We are not going to be a team that is just going to be solid, that keeps a clean sheet and waits for a chance to score. We have been built to take control of the game, to break teams down from open play. That is something I get a real joy from.
CARRAGHER: But does that not change in the game at times?
MARTINEZ: Yes, but that is game management. That is making certain decisions that you shouldn't throw those leads away. The modern trend now in football is to work on being very organised and hitting teams on the counter.
That is the easiest and most economical way of playing. You don't get hurt. I don't want to be like that.
As a manager, I will never look away from the style I want.
CARRAGHER: Do you not think you get better results playing like that?
MARTINEZ: Certainly, it is easier.
CARRAGHER: But why would you not do that then?
MARTINEZ: The level of your team will give you a certain level. You will never over-achieve, you will never win silverware. That is a choice. I respect every style.

Read it all here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3566216/Everton-boss-Roberto-Martinez-speaks-Jamie-Carragher-t-manage-club-think-ve-got-win-losing-job.html.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 30 Apr 2016, 2:57 pm

Btw, I had to stop halfway though that article, couldn't take it anymore.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 01 May 2016, 1:21 am

Jose Mourinho will be paid by Manchester United - even if he never works for them. The 53-year-old Portuguese has been lined up to take over from Louis van Gaal and the deal includes a "substantial" compensation clause should United decide to retain the Dutchman. (Sunday Mirror)

If that is the case could we get him on the cheap as RM's replacement
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Sun 01 May 2016, 11:48 am

One big concern is the effects his coaching and philosophy has had over the past 3 seasons on developing talent.

In the first season the freedom seemed to help the likes of stones barkley and even Mccarthy to a degree to flourish. However the continued apparent lack of structure and discipline seems to be hindering them. Stone's isn't learning from mistakes. Barkley seems to have take no defensive responsibility and although he's looking good stats wise still makes the wrong call far too often again doesn't seem to be learning from past games and improving his decision making. The same can be said for lukaku.
Mccarthy seems to have be incapable of doing anything positive on the ball, almost the exact opposite of barkley. He's purely being coached to try to cover deficiencies of others with no thought to offense.

Add to that the lack of fitness shown throughout the team despite the fact we play with no real tempo is worrying and may now stick with some of the younger players
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 01 May 2016, 6:11 pm

Watching Citteh today, I'm at a loss to explain why anyone would want Pellegrini as our manager. Absolute shambles.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 02 May 2016, 8:03 am

hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:Watching Citteh today, I'm at a loss to explain why anyone would want Pellegrini as our manager.  Absolute shambles.

The same could be he said of Eddie Howe & Mark Hughes. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 02 May 2016, 9:37 am

hairberto 4 the sackeract wrote:Watching Citteh today, I'm at a loss to explain why anyone would want Pellegrini as our manager.  Absolute shambles.

Concentrating on the Champions League semi final, innit.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 02 May 2016, 3:26 pm

More words of brilliance from the phenomenal one today. Toffeeweb has this one from the Echo:

http://toffeeweb.com/season/15-16/news/32525.html

amongst other gems, it includes this:

“I arrived at the club in 2013 in a very, very important moment because in that transfer window we lost probably the most important goalscoring threat we had in the team with Marouane Fellaini and Victor Anichebe," Martinez argued.

He's actually citing the loss of Victor as a very, very important moment.

You couldn't make this shit up.

Sack this twerp before he embarrasses the club or himself any further.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25858

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 02 May 2016, 3:44 pm

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2016/05/roberto-martinez-will-leave-everton-norwich-game/

Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 02 May 2016, 3:55 pm

Blue gazza wrote:http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2016/05/roberto-martinez-will-leave-everton-norwich-game/

So he's still here. End of the season will do then I guess.

Can we get Lukaku's Dad to replace him?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 02 May 2016, 11:30 pm

Click Me

Sadly, that's a lot of moments.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Wed 04 May 2016, 11:28 am

Just can't wait till he's gone now,

saw a piece somewhere about how he's leaving the team in a better position than he found it ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 Buttkick

from the team that finished the 2012/2013 to the team which will finish this season in my opinion we are stronger in 3 starting 11 positions
CB - Distin who was on his last legs is replaced by Stones
CM - Gibson replaced by Barry, although will Barry's legs keep going another season
Fwd - Ani replaced by Lukaku, i know they'll be some debate on that one but I think Lukaku just edges the mighty Anichebe

we are weaker in a number of areas, largely due to not bringing in sufficient back up to cover ageing players
CB - Jags, still playing Jags but he's now getting on is slower and more injury prone (3rd choice between Heitinga and Mori)
LB - Baines, same as Jags still playing Baines with no realistic replacement despite injuries and loss of form (Oviedo is the only cover when fit other than playing reserve team CB's)
CM - Fellaini replaced by McCarthy, I like McCarthy's workrate but offers little else and seems to have declined in ability
Lw - Pienaar - well nobody really, Cleverly and Lennon have been used thereand are good workers, Del has ability but little to no composure and offers little to no link up and cover to team members.

Bench wise we're also weaker
given that Howards gone at the end of the season there is no no2 keeper
there is no right back cover
there is no left back cover apart from injured every other game Oviedo
Heitinga was hit and miss but was more reliable than Mori
Naismith for Niasse appears a shocker

Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Wed 04 May 2016, 12:20 pm

That NSNO link is the biggest pile of horseshit I have read for a while.

"They feel that it will give the club a chance to interview and hire a new manager while the players are on their summer breaks, meaning less of a distraction to their training regimes and giving the new boss time to prepare his plans before meeting the bulk of the squad."

Are they fucking kidding me? What fucking regimes? This is the most unfit side I have seen since Vernon stubbing out ciggys at half time.

3 games to go, they are not going to get any fitter/less fit in a week

Fuck him off now, as if he is here for the Norwich game, I won't be staying behind to applaud the lap of dishonour
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 04 May 2016, 10:13 pm

His contract is till April 2017, as BK is not known to be a sacking chairman, don't be surprised if we have him for another year. The board will maybe give him 10 or 12 games and then sack him if we make a poor start. It will be cheaper from a compensation standpoint, to wait till October which will mean only 6 months salary as a pay off.

He will probably promise BK champions league football in his convincing bullshit fashion and we will all be sold! cyclops
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 05 May 2016, 8:20 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:His contract is till April 2017, as BK is not known to be a sacking chairman, don't be surprised if we have him for another year. The board will maybe give him 10 or 12 games and then sack him if we make a poor start. It will be cheaper from a compensation standpoint, to wait till October which will mean only 6 months salary as a pay off.

He will probably promise BK champions league football in his convincing bullshit fashion and we will all be sold! cyclops

Will it? What about all the new players he will waste money on? Wigan just gotten promoted, I bet Martinez won't resist a few temptations to buy over-priced Wigan players who Martinez will no doubt say are world class. ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 Doh

Sack him now we will save even more money.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 05 May 2016, 12:06 pm

sefton wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:His contract is till April 2017, as BK is not known to be a sacking chairman, don't be surprised if we have him for another year. The board will maybe give him 10 or 12 games and then sack him if we make a poor start. It will be cheaper from a compensation standpoint, to wait till October which will mean only 6 months salary as a pay off.

Will it? What about all the new players he will waste money on? Wigan just gotten promoted, I bet Martinez won't resist a few temptations to buy over-priced Wigan players who Martinez will no doubt say are world class. ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 Doh

good point that !

I dread to see what dross he targets this summer if he's still at the helm.... rumours of Michael Carrick have already sent a massive shiver down my spine

Number of posts : 40858

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 05 May 2016, 1:26 pm

Made 4 Sackys wrote:
sefton wrote:

good point that !

I dread to see what dross he targets this summer if he's still at the helm.... rumours of Michael Carrick have already sent a massive shiver down my spine

That's not a shiver Hairy, lol! That's Martinez giving you the creeps.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Thu 05 May 2016, 2:26 pm

IS HE STILL FUCKING HERE!!!! ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 31 789528
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next