606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

+33
Valentino Blue
Gravy & Chips
WellOilBeefHooked
Lumper
Tonteau
Royal Blue Mersey
anticipate_the_pass
Dixie Land
My other LB is a Ferrari
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Albert
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Merseyblue
fourdoors
ToffeeDan
37 posters

Page 13 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next

Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 13 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 09 Mar 2015, 1:46 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/11456662/Roberto-Martinez-keeps-the-faith-at-Everton-and-eyes-Europa-League-prize-during-difficult-second-season.html

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 13 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 09 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/11456662/Roberto-Martinez-keeps-the-faith-at-Everton-and-eyes-Europa-League-prize-during-difficult-second-season.html

My concern when we were so expansive last season, with 2 FBs always looking to bomb on even when the ball is on the other wing, defending seemed secondary. That way we will often have one on one situations in various places on the park. RM is banking on his player being better than his opposite number. A few games saw us found out. The shyte at their place, Palace and a few others. Now that that system hasn't worked every week, an alternative doesn't seem to work either, if a more natural PL style is appropriate. His own beliefs and psychology are part of the package, and RM would like to think he is in charge of a team like Barca or Beyern, but we have Besic, Nais, Ossie, Barks, KM etc. He's got to figure out how to use them effectively. Maybe a call to the guy at Sociedad?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:49 am

HITC Sport, meanwhile, are already speculating on possible new Everton managers - should The Toffees' season of Premier League toil continue.

They "report" that: "Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has become a shock contender with the bookies to replace Roberto Martinez should the Spaniard depart Goodison Park.

"A new contender could soon be rivalling Michael Laudrup as favourite to replace Martinez in the Goodison Park dugout after Eddie Howe’s price was slashed.

"The Bournemouth manager has become joint second-favourite with the bookmakers, alongside Hibernian boss and former Toffees star Alan Stubbs, to take over in the event of the Spaniard leaving Everton.

"David Moyes, Duncan Ferguson, Carlo Ancelotti and Jurgen Klinsmann are also available as speculation mounts regarding the current Everton manager’s future."
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 11 Mar 2015, 11:00 am

Blue gazza wrote:

HITC Sport, meanwhile, are already speculating on possible new Everton managers - should The Toffees' season of Premier League toil continue.

They "report" that: "Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe has become a shock contender with the bookies to replace Roberto Martinez should the Spaniard depart Goodison Park.

"A new contender could soon be rivalling Michael Laudrup as favourite to replace Martinez in the Goodison Park dugout after Eddie Howe’s price was slashed.

"The Bournemouth manager has become joint second-favourite with the bookmakers, alongside Hibernian boss and former Toffees star Alan Stubbs, to take over in the event of the Spaniard leaving Everton.

"David Moyes, Duncan Ferguson, Carlo Ancelotti and Jurgen Klinsmann are also available as speculation mounts regarding the current Everton manager’s future."

This is the same Eddie Howe who left Burnley because he was homesick for Bournemouth. Reporting what bookies do, is not reporting news.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Wed 11 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

Amen Tonts
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:24 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:

This is the same Eddie Howe who left Burnley because he was homesick for Bournemouth. Reporting what bookies do, is not reporting news.

I guess that you don't see any mileage in the Ancelloti shout then?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 11 Mar 2015, 2:41 pm

Statman wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:

I'm going to offer some of my own odds if anyone wants to take me up on them. Jose Mourinho 40/1, Luis Suarez 80/1, Kim Il Sung 300/1, Joe Flagan 500/1, Nelson Mandela 1000/1.

maximum bet £5, odds changeable even after bets placed, may be subject to erratic last minute fluctuations to mitigate loss. please gamble responsibly
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 11 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm

If we beat Toon and QPR he deserves to stay as surely he will have woken up. If not then we better all go and watch Lion King so Bill can afford to pay him off.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 12 Mar 2015, 10:11 am

Tonteau wrote:
Statman wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:

I'm going to offer some of my own odds if anyone wants to take me up on them. Jose Mourinho 40/1, Luis Suarez 80/1, Kim Il Sung 300/1, Joe Flagan 500/1, Nelson Mandela 1000/1.

maximum bet £5, odds changeable even after bets placed, may be subject to erratic last minute fluctuations to mitigate loss. please gamble responsibly

You got more chance of the Lone Ranger riding around Goodison on his horse called Silver. Very Happy
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10614
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 20 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm

He wants a winter break now :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31992279
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 20 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm

The President wrote:He wants a winter break now :

As far as I am concerned, he can start with a summer break....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 20 Mar 2015, 5:42 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

Four season break for Bobby.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 20 Mar 2015, 5:51 pm

Armchair wrote:

break of the fucking neck would do it

Number of posts : 41056

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:56 pm

Armchair wrote:

We are saying the same thing mate. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 21 Mar 2015, 2:44 pm

I'm sure he must have a pair of flip flops
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 07 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

Roberto refutes the idea that he is tactically inflexible

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-insists-8988987

“The people who say that I am tactically not flexible are people who do not follow my work,” said Martinez.

“I have been innovative at every football club I have been at with my tactics, my shape and my approach.

“I am not someone who needs to defend myself but if you follow my work then I am probably one of the most flexible managers tactically that you could work with.”

you will however note he ignored the comments that he is tactically inept.... we saw what you did there Bobbyo Very Happy

Actually, I think he'll get back to playing lovely flowing football again, just as soon as he gets rid of some of the dross he bought into the club initially and gets some decent players in
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 07 Apr 2015, 11:16 am

Sack the Juggler wrote:Roberto refutes the idea that he is tactically inflexible

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-boss-roberto-martinez-insists-8988987

“The people who say that I am tactically not flexible are people who do not follow my work,” said Martinez.

“I have been innovative at every football club I have been at with my tactics, my shape and my approach.

“I am not someone who needs to defend myself but if you follow my work then I am probably one of the most flexible managers tactically that you could work with.”

you will however note he ignored the comments that he is tactically inept.... we saw what you did there Bobbyo  Very Happy

Actually, I think he'll get back to playing lovely flowing football again, just as soon as he gets rid of some of the dross he bought into the club initially and gets some decent players in

End Of Season Chat:
Billy: So, Bobby, that was shite wasn't it?
Bobby: No, it was phenomenal. My flexible approach is working, it is the players who are shite.
Billy: But you bought them Bobby
Bobby: I only bought some of them. I need to build a team around Kone, Alcaraz, McGeady, Barry and Besic. I need to sell the rest and buy more like them. Give me £50m please. Alternatively, pay me off. I hear Wigan are looking for a manager
Billy: I only have a tenner Bob
Bobby: Okay, I will have my brown shoes re-heeled and we will stick with what we've got. I'll be back at the end of August, pre-season is so over-rated.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25882

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

lol!
hairberto cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Roberto refutes the idea that he is tactically inflexible

you will however note he ignored the comments that he is tactically inept.... we saw what you did there Bobbyo  Very Happy

End Of Season Chat:
Billy: So, Bobby, that was shite wasn't it?
Bobby: No, it was phenomenal. My flexible approach is working, it is the players who are shite.
Billy: But you bought them Bobby
Bobby: I only bought some of them. I need to build a team around Kone, Alcaraz, McGeady, Barry and Besic. I need to sell the rest and buy more like them. Give me £50m please. Alternatively, pay me off. I hear Wigan are looking for a manager
Billy: I only have a tenner Bob
Bobby: Okay, I will have my brown shoes re-heeled and we will stick with what we've got.  I'll be back at the end of August, pre-season is so over-rated.

lol!

Its says it all when most of the players that need to be replaced in the summer are his own signings!

Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 10 Apr 2015, 5:30 pm

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says the club will look to bring in 'two or three players' over the summer, but says no deal is in place to sign Tom Cleverley from Manchester United.

Reports claimed that Cleverley had already decided on a move to Goodison when his contract expires at the end of the season.

But, speaking ahead of his side's clash with Swansea, Martinez said: "No, that's not true. Tom is a player I know really well. We know the positions that we need to strengthen in the summer.

“We have a group of players here who are focused on becoming successful with Everton so there are no problems keeping them. My focus is to make sure we bring in two or three players to step up a level and become stronger.

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 10 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm

The President wrote:Everton manager Roberto Martinez says the club will look to bring in 'two or three players' over the summer, but says no deal is in place to sign Tom Cleverley from Manchester United.

Reports claimed that Cleverley had already decided on a move to Goodison when his contract expires at the end of the season.

But, speaking ahead of his side's clash with Swansea, Martinez said: "No, that's not true. Tom is a player I know really well. We know the positions that we need to strengthen in the summer.

“We have a group of players here who are focused on becoming successful with Everton so there are no problems keeping them. My focus is to make sure we bring in two or three players to step up a level and become stronger.

he's coming on a free then
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 10 Apr 2015, 6:51 pm

The President wrote: We know the positions that we need to strengthen in the summer.

Manager? ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 13 F_whistl
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 10 Apr 2015, 7:46 pm

The President wrote:Everton manager Roberto Martinez says the club will look to bring in 'two or three players' over the summer, but says no deal is in place to sign Tom Cleverley from Manchester United.

So we aren't looking to move anybody on then. Great.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 13 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Even worse - I read somewhere that Martinez was going to offer Alcarez a new deal! Mad
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 13 Apr 2015, 5:06 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Even worse - I read somewhere that Martinez was going to offer Alcarez a new deal!  Mad
That's a wind up, right?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 13 Apr 2015, 6:59 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Even worse - I read somewhere that Martinez was going to offer Alcarez a new deal!  Mad
That's a wind up, right?

hopefully Martinez reads the papers - its from last month but its true - just feel that Martinez is sticking with his Wigan pals because of loyalty rather than any understanding of the game - its almost as if he feels his system is so good that it will work with any player regardless of how shit they are, and he's trying to prove that by playing Kone, Alcaraz, McGeady each week.... Sad

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-talking-point---8879886
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 36 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 36  Next