606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

+18
Sack the Juggler
Statman
Tonteau
Bryan
RhinoJagz
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Yankthattoffee
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
anticipate_the_pass
Helenqu
SouthernSmugToffee
fatboblatch
hairy cataract
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
blueFire
Super
Albert
22 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Dixie Land Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:19 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:Hibbert was absent without leave for their goal tho. Watched it at the local wine bar. As the move developed my comment was "oh f**king hell, Hibbert's gone missing again" - so they score & naturally I'm fuming. I heard some monkey say "that was a great goal" (well, yes the technique was good) - to which I said "really, but Hibbert gave him far too much room"

At the final whistle I'm leaving and said arsehole (whoever he is) said, sarcastically "Happy now?" - must be a Kopite with a friggin attitude like that. Tw*t. Who gives a flying f**k how good their goal was - only that they scored. I just walked on.

Hibbert spent a good deal of time covering both CBs, and even cropped up in the Left CB spot a couple of times, with last ditch interventions. He saved us several times, in areas you would not expect a RB.
Maybe he needed his RM to cover as well, for their goal.
Don't be too hard on the lad, I hardly think we can accuse him of going missing.

Just watched the Fulham goal again and I think you are right. The ball is on Fulham's right and Baines is out of position after a forward run (you will always get that with an attacking full back). Distin is covering the left back position meaning that Jags is covering the left centre half position and Hibbert is covering the right centre half position. The ball is switched to Fulham's left and they score. I personally cannot blame our defense.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 Empty Re: Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell)

Post  Tonteau Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:35 pm

The Ruiz goal was fecking fantastic, you can't possibly blame hibbo for that. No one was expecting what he did.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:10 pm

Tonteau wrote:The Ruiz goal was fecking fantastic, you can't possibly blame hibbo for that. No one was expecting what he did.

I blame Ruiz! however, going back to Dan's point, he was given an infinite amount of space to get that lob off - may not have been hibbo's fault as he was covering CB as baines had gone forward, but someone should have been tracking back with him and covering from midfield.

Sorry, I'm terrible for looking where things have gone wrong - in my playing days (many years ago!) we used to always track back, if someone ran past you, pick him up, sprint the first 10 years to get close (I can still hear that shout "SPRINT THAT FIRST 10 YARDS!", even if he was nowhere near the ball, if the FB went forward, drop back and cover which also gives him a back door if he gets in trouble, don't let it bounce in the box, etc, etc, we used to drill for these things in training and shout them on the pitch to each other and we were only in the southern amateur league - I bet moyes (and all professional) footie clubs do a lot more than we used to, so it is annoying to see players get so much space in our penno area - I do accept that any decent team will try to pull you out of shape but that's why you constantly drill for these, and shout it out on the pitch, its especially annoying when a player gives the ball away and then just stands there watching the opposition attack (like sideshow bob (luiz) did for chelsea that ultimately led to bosingwa being sent off) - SPRINT THAT FIRST 10 YARDS YOU LAZY BASTARD!
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:16 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Tonteau wrote:The Ruiz goal was fecking fantastic, you can't possibly blame hibbo for that. No one was expecting what he did.

I blame Ruiz! however, going back to Dan's point, he was given an infinite amount of space to get that lob off - may not have been hibbo's fault as he was covering CB as baines had gone forward, but someone should have been tracking back with him and covering from midfield.

Sorry, I'm terrible for looking where things have gone wrong - in my playing days (many years ago!) we used to always track back, if someone ran past you, pick him up, sprint the first 10 years to get close (I can still hear that shout "SPRINT THAT FIRST 10 YARDS!", even if he was nowhere near the ball, if the FB went forward, drop back and cover which also gives him a back door if he gets in trouble, don't let it bounce in the box, etc, etc, we used to drill for these things in training and shout them on the pitch to each other and we were only in the southern amateur league - I bet moyes (and all professional) footie clubs do a lot more than we used to, so it is annoying to see players get so much space in our penno area - I do accept that any decent team will try to pull you out of shape but that's why you constantly drill for these, and shout it out on the pitch, its especially annoying when a player gives the ball away and then just stands there watching the opposition attack (like sideshow bob (luiz) did for chelsea that ultimately led to bosingwa being sent off) - SPRINT THAT FIRST 10 YARDS YOU LAZY BASTARD!

The only way of stopping that would be to drop Baines and play a more defensive left back. Personally, I prefer taking what Baines offers us going forwards even if it means we are found to be short at the back now and again. I still cannot see where our defense went wrong for their goal other than Baines getting forward trying to create something for us moments before.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:20 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:

He isn't given an infinite amount of space, though. Hibbo, who's a touch late (covering or whatever) comes to about the point he usually does (not wanting to come too close and invite contact/the dive) and positions himself to block the shot he, and everyone else, expects. Clearly he got it wrong, but that goal isn't hibbert's fault. I know drenthe played well but he doesn't really track back, we were short on the right a fair bit. Hibbo did very well, largely.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:42 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:

He isn't given an infinite amount of space, though. Hibbo, who's a touch late (covering or whatever) comes to about the point he usually does (not wanting to come too close and invite contact/the dive) and positions himself to block the shot he, and everyone else, expects. Clearly he got it wrong, but that goal isn't hibbert's fault. I know drenthe played well but he doesn't really track back, we were short on the right a fair bit. Hibbo did very well, largely.

drenthe should track back though - he used to play FB for madrid, so knows how to do it, my point wasn't that hibbo was almost able to cover, but that luiz had gotten into our box completely unmarked and was able to take his time over the finish, which he took well, but if drenthe had been stood right in front of him he wouldn't have been able to make that shot - anyway, it needn't have been drenthe, it could have been fellaini, rodwell, pip, etc. Someone should have been watching the runners and making sure they were picked up.

That's my take on how a team should defend anyhow - I'm probably massively out of date from the current coaching manuals, but picking runners up and closing them down early is how it was done in my day Smile
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:42 pm

Agreed. Let's celebrate a moment of class/inspiration. If one of our players had done that we would be heaping praise.

You could argue that every goal could be prevented but we want goals. Is this the Alan hansen appreciation thread?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 24 Oct 2011, 5:55 pm

Statman wrote:

Agreed. Let's celebrate a moment of class/inspiration. If one of our players had done that we would be heaping praise.

You could argue that every goal could be prevented but we want goals. Is this the Alan hansen appreciation thread?

sorry but I refuse to be put into the same category as alan hansen - he knows nothing about footie (well going by his bland comments he doesn't), but I am a bit picky about people scoring goals against us - I don't just look at the goals we lose, or even the shots on or off target, but i'm constantly watching the runs against us and shouting at someone to pick them up - our defence is holier than a very important religious relic, we leak like a sieve, and rely on a lot of last ditch saving tackles to get us out of trouble, but the problem isn't really our back four, its the midfield of whom not all want to track back and are guilty of ball watching or of assuming the defenders will deal with it.

We are better than we were, and we don't defend as deep as we used to and we are better as a unit, but if you watch united or chelsea or even stoke, they will defend as a unit and close down runs far quicker than we do, and its not just about better players but working harder in midfield.

I would argue that my analysis differs from Alan Hansen's in that mine actually has some content, and I do not lay immovably on a sofa wearing a satin shirt and spoon feeding MOTD presenters with inane comments in a weird scottish accent whilst doing my best captain scarlet impression.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 24 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Statman wrote:

sorry but I refuse to be put into the same category as alan hansen - he knows nothing about footie (well going by his bland comments he doesn't), but I am a bit picky about people scoring goals against us - I don't just look at the goals we lose, or even the shots on or off target, but i'm constantly watching the runs against us and shouting at someone to pick them up - our defence is holier than a very important religious relic, we leak like a sieve, and rely on a lot of last ditch saving tackles to get us out of trouble, but the problem isn't really our back four, its the midfield of whom not all want to track back and are guilty of ball watching or of assuming the defenders will deal with it.

We are better than we were, and we don't defend as deep as we used to and we are better as a unit, but if you watch united or chelsea or even stoke, they will defend as a unit and close down runs far quicker than we do, and its not just about better players but working harder in midfield.

I would argue that my analysis differs from Alan Hansen's in that mine actually has some content, and I do not lay immovably on a sofa wearing a satin shirt and spoon feeding MOTD presenters with inane comments in a weird scottish accent whilst doing my best captain scarlet impression.

Very Happy
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:23 pm

John Arne Riise bewildered by Fulham's defeat to Everton

It is because we scored three goals and your team scored one goal you little ex-red shite prick.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:02 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

It is because we scored three goals and your team scored one goal you little ex-red shite prick.
I was too to be honest. As in the comment "How is this happening????!!!" or whatever I wrote.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

I was too to be honest. As in the comment "How is this happening????!!!" or whatever I wrote.

Yeah but you didn't used to play for Liverpool so your point of view is valid. Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:29 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Yeah but you didn't used to play for Liverpool The Shite so your point of view is valid. Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 F_laugh
Fixed it take a spanking for the error Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 Bottom

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:54 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Yeah but you didn't used to play for Liverpool The Shite so your point of view is valid. Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 F_laugh
Fixed it take a spanking for the error Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 Bottom

Sorry. Embarassed

I did call him a "little ex-shite prick" just before though. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 25 Oct 2011, 3:59 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Sorry. Embarassed

I did call him a "little ex-shite prick" just before though. Very Happy
lol! lol! Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 Food-smi Fulham 1 Everton 3 (Drenthe, Saha, Rodwell) - Page 10 Food-smi You got it right mate!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10