606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  toffee_pies Wed 10 Jun 2009, 10:49 am

Cahill the Great wrote:Really unfair to compare Fellaini with Moutinho as they are completely different type players.

The point with Fellaini is that he is still developing while Moutinho is perhaps in his peak. Ive no doubt Fellaini will go on to get better and better with each season. People forget he's just a kid who cant speak English whose still managed to net 9 goals following a huge step up from the Belgian league in just under a season. Its a phenominal achievement really.

We all know Fellaini's overall team contribution needs to improve but once you get this we will have a frightening player on our hands - who could potentially eclipse the contrbution that Tim Cahill has made over the past few seasons.

Someone else posted on this thread that if we had to sell anyone it would be Tim Cahill. I would have to agree with this for the reason he's nearly 30 now and still flying around every few weeks to play for Australia. I have really big concerns that he can no longer pull this off and feel that Tim could be finished in 2 years if he doesnt make some tough decisions soon. We could get £10m now for him but his value would diminish each season.

Moutinho's only 22 bit early to be hitting his peak

Other than that agree with everything else you have said
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 10 Jun 2009, 10:56 am

For some reason I thought Mout was about 26/27.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 10 Jun 2009, 10:57 am

It's not so much a player ability comparison, but more of what they would bring to the table for a fully fit Everton side. We've spoken about the need to retain the ball to beat the very best, particularly after the cup final, and Moutinho would seemingly fit that bill......

.....aah who I am kidding I only posted it to piss Dixie off Very Happy
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Wed 10 Jun 2009, 11:02 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:It's not so much a player ability comparison, but more of what they would bring to the table for a fully fit Everton side. We've spoken about the need to retain the ball to beat the very best, particularly after the cup final, and Moutinho would seemingly fit that bill......

But a 'first choice' Everton is still an abstract idea. It does not factor in the opposition or the conditions of play. There are certain games and certain sides that you'd prefer Fellaini to play in or against, because of what he adds. Whereas other games other qualities or required or other combinations of players needed.

Now more than ever it is a squad game and so a 'first choice' eleven doesn't really exist.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 10 Jun 2009, 11:10 am

MagicMike wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:It's not so much a player ability comparison, but more of what they would bring to the table for a fully fit Everton side. We've spoken about the need to retain the ball to beat the very best, particularly after the cup final, and Moutinho would seemingly fit that bill......

But a 'first choice' Everton is still an abstract idea. It does not factor in the opposition or the conditions of play. There are certain games and certain sides that you'd prefer Fellaini to play in or against, because of what he adds. Whereas other games other qualities or required or other combinations of players needed.

Now more than ever it is a squad game and so a 'first choice' eleven doesn't really exist.

It would be ideal to have both, but we're skint. The way you would have to look at it is what player would bring the most to the team during the season. If we're assuming that Fellaini is our first choice partner for Yak in that second striker role then you'd be weakening one area to strengthen another, so it would be pointless. But I'm not sure Moyes sees Fellaini remaining in that role, given that we have Cahill, Saha, Vaughan and maybe another CF coming in.

Therefore, as the thread asks, would you dispense with Fellaini in a central role for Moutinho. There is no right or wrong, just trying to create arguments dummy-spitting debate as the board has become Sleep over the past few weeks
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Wed 10 Jun 2009, 11:36 am

Dixie Land wrote:Get to fuck.

Fellaini has proved himself in the Premier League which is faster and more physical than any other league in Europe. Also, what was the score in this tie over 2 legs??? About 10,0000-nil if Im not mistaken.... OK 7-1... that is 7-1 or 7-1 or 7-1 . For people who cannot read numbers that is SEVEN - ONE. or SEVEN - ONE or SEVEN FUCKING BASTARD ONE . That means once again that the team with Moutinho scored ONE and the team WITHOUT Moutinho scored SEVEN!!! thats SEVEN erm... thats FUCKING SEVEN!!!!!!!!

1,2,3,4,5,6, FUCKING SEVEN ..... 7...... 7...... SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN.......

7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7

Personally, I dont remember Fellaini playing in a side that conceeded SEVEN fucking goals.

Come on lads, wake up.

He may have scored a wonder goal but so did Michael Owen and he is still a cunt.

I want to sign Moutinho but not just because I have seen a 1 minute video on YouTwat. Fellaini has proved himself over the course of a season for Christs sake. Even Stephen Hunt looks good on the highlight show......

INFACT.... DIDNT DWIGHT YORKE SCORE A GOAL AGAINST US WHEN WE BEAT SUNDERLAND 7-1??????

SIGN HIM UP DAVIE... HE MUST BE FUCKING GOOD.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 Bowdown 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 Bowdown
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 10 Jun 2009, 12:36 pm

i asked this about a month ago. get your own questions.

yes i probably would - going foward i cant see where he will fit in if we sign a few more players - seems incapable of playing in a 4-4-2.

i dont think he's a bad player -i'd just take 15 million for him
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 10 Jun 2009, 12:39 pm

treblA wrote:i asked this about a month ago. get your own questions.

yes i probably would - going foward i cant see where he will fit in if we sign a few more players - seems incapable of playing in a 4-4-2.

did you?

did dixie have a panic attack when you asked it as well
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 10 Jun 2009, 12:50 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:

did you?

i think dixie said 5 million and he'd drive fellaini to the airport himself. fickle bastard.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 10 Jun 2009, 12:51 pm

He's shit, get rid, Moyles out! Very Happy
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 10 Jun 2009, 6:53 pm

treblA wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:

did you?

i think dixie said 5 million and he'd drive fellaini to the airport himself. fickle bastard.

lol! lol! lol!

Good bite TBB. I think 4 litres of Scrumpy helped as bait. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Wed 10 Jun 2009, 7:08 pm

15 million euros is a lot (for us) to pay for a midfielder. I don't think he was Moyes first choice but with the timing of the money he was compromised as to what to go for.

Overall what did we get from him? A cult following for a start, which is not bad for a 21 year old. A lot of goals for a first season including the Shite and ManU, so not easy oppo's.

His hold up play puts forward players to shame.

I think he has had a decent first season for us. Only the internet forums claim that Moutinho claim this is what Moyes currently is after. In short we don't know. I would not swap Fellaini though for an untried foreign player.

But the main reason we should keep him is because he winds up Hairy..
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 10 Jun 2009, 7:32 pm

Deffo keep him. He's big, he's shit, and he's got mad hair.

Every team needs a player like that. Worth every penny.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Wed 10 Jun 2009, 7:54 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Deffo keep him. He's big, he's shit, and he's got mad hair.

Every team needs a player like that. Worth every penny.

Priceless..
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Thu 11 Jun 2009, 9:21 am

In the end, teams trying to break into the top 4 will need a strong squad, not just a strong first XI. Fellaini or Cahill will probably be on the bench if everyone is fit, which would be bloody brilliant!! If our bench is suddenly having the likes of Saha, Vaughan, Cahill or Fellaini, Yobo, then we're moving in the right direction. The more current first teamers who feel under pressure for their place, the better it is. Keep him and use him where needed, I wouldn't sell.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue_Monkey Fri 12 Jun 2009, 8:42 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Get to fuck.

Fellaini has proved himself in the Premier League which is faster and more physical than any other league in Europe. Also, what was the score in this tie over 2 legs??? About 10,0000-nil if Im not mistaken.... OK 7-1... that is 7-1 or 7-1 or 7-1 . For people who cannot read numbers that is SEVEN - ONE. or SEVEN - ONE or SEVEN FUCKING BASTARD ONE . That means once again that the team with Moutinho scored ONE and the team WITHOUT Moutinho scored SEVEN!!! thats SEVEN erm... thats FUCKING SEVEN!!!!!!!!

1,2,3,4,5,6, FUCKING SEVEN ..... 7...... 7...... SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN SEVEN.......

7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7

Personally, I dont remember Fellaini playing in a side that conceeded SEVEN fucking goals.

Come on lads, wake up.

He may have scored a wonder goal but so did Michael Owen and he is still a cunt.

I want to sign Moutinho but not just because I have seen a 1 minute video on YouTwat. Fellaini has proved himself over the course of a season for Christs sake. Even Stephen Hunt looks good on the highlight show......

INFACT.... DIDNT DWIGHT YORKE SCORE A GOAL AGAINST US WHEN WE BEAT SUNDERLAND 7-1??????

SIGN HIM UP DAVIE... HE MUST BE FUCKING GOOD.

lol!

BEST. POST. EVER.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 Bowdown
Blue_Monkey
Blue_Monkey

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Fri 12 Jun 2009, 8:48 pm

Dixie scrumpyland!
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 12 Jun 2009, 9:26 pm

cheers cheers cheers

I thank you all.

Im here pissed up 4 nights a week. Very Happy

Im made up by that rant though. Perhaps the proudest moment of my life. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Fri 12 Jun 2009, 11:19 pm

YouTwat. Haha.

Very Happy Laughing

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 13 Jun 2009, 12:12 am

Bryan wrote:YouTwat. Haha.

Very Happy Laughing

lol! lol! lol!

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 Action-s

Proud of that one Bry. Wink

Last edited by Dixie Land on Mon 15 Jun 2009, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 13 Jun 2009, 12:59 am

Dixie Land wrote:cheers cheers cheers

I thank you all.

Im made up by that rant though. Perhaps the proudest moment of my life. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 F_laugh
Legend..Very Happy
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Sat 13 Jun 2009, 11:13 am

I thank you all.

I bet you were sat there swigging yer scrumpy in nothing but your scruds and your fellaini wig were you? afro
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 14 Jun 2009, 10:51 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:

I thank you all.

I bet you were sat there swigging yer scrumpy in nothing but your scruds and your fellaini wig were you? afro

lol!

Thats completely wrong TBB. Take it back!!!

I wasnt wearing any scruds. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 3 Empty Fellaini

Post  Tonteau Mon 03 Aug 2009, 10:39 am

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/fellaini-virus-worry.html

Looks like he's been ill the whole of the summer, moyes not sure he'll be 100% for the new season.

We are shit out of luck right now.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 03 Aug 2009, 10:57 am

Tonteau wrote:http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/fellaini-virus-worry.html

Looks like he's been ill the whole of the summer, moyes not sure he'll be 100% for the new season.

We are shit out of luck right now.

Have we ever had any?? Crying or Very sad
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next