606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

+52
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Super
SEFTON
El Pablo
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Albert
WellOilBeefHooked
Cahill the Great
Michael Crosby S74
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Hinchcliffe Corner
fatboblatch
Kilted_Toffee
Bryan
MagicMike
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
Luka Perfect
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
BB
Da Judge
Diamond
tadpole
Brummie No Mates
yankthetoffee
notepad
Valentino Blue
VenezuelaBlue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
56 posters

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 6 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Luka Perfect Wed 2 Jun - 6:15

Toffee Dan wrote:England will never win anything until the team face up to the "collective responsibility". Players like Gerrard should have had a good kicking for the way in which he played against Mexico and left Baines exposed. I'm simply saying that, mistakes will happen but players left exposed 1-on-1 as a result of a lazy teammate IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. It might work to stroll around the PL against inferior opponents (particularly at home) but it sure as hell isn't good enough for the World Cup. So, Carrick and Gerrard should have borne the brunt of the first half performance against Mexico. Unless you want to just blame the whole defence when it's exposed - or for that matter all the saves they forced Green to make by their collective failings. The press bleat on about individual performances not the team one so much - and FWIW Glenn Johnson did not have such a great game and Gerrard most definitely was not the MOTM (Daily Post). There are very few players in the game who can afford to Berbatov around waiting for their teammates to do all the donkey work. Look at Messi - he's always busy (as indeed are the whole Barca side, apart from Zlatan "Dimitar" Imshitovic)

If he didn't fancy Baines he should have given Warnock more time. If he wanted to prove Baines wasn't up to - maybe he did (to confirm what he wanted to know) - but he's none the wiser in the heat of battle about Warnock.

The other thing Capello has done wrong is the way he has used friendlies, he uses them to play the current squad together rather than playing new players and giving them time to settle in, Baines should of had more games but as it stands there is no experienced defensive cover, hence the laughable Carragher recall
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 6 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Albert Wed 2 Jun - 10:04

idiot for mentioning the home sickness. why bring a negative into it? he should've said nothing

doesnt look like he's got the mentality to play international football
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 2 Jun - 11:09

treblA wrote:idiot for mentioning the home sickness. why bring a negative into it? he should've said nothing

I wonder if he'll get picked again.

Arsenal's LB who is injured was meant to have had a good chance of being in the squad. Can't remember the lads name.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 2 Jun - 13:06

Mr_Ben wrote:
treblA wrote:idiot for mentioning the home sickness. why bring a negative into it? he should've said nothing

Arsenal's LB who is injured was meant to have had a good chance of being in the squad. Can't remember the lads name.

Keiran Gibbs. He's decent.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 2 Jun - 13:30

Tonteau wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Keiran Gibbs. He's decent.

Thats the one, he was favourite to get in the squad prior to his injury. As you say he is decent, very decent.

Expect Man City to buy him
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Wed 2 Jun - 19:25

I don't know about you guys but I go into this world cup with very mixed feelings. We will get to see a lot of of our lads plying their trade for their countries but my own I feel let down before it's started. Maybe I should be positive but Cappello has not done what it said on the tin. Taking Baines out of it is easy but the headline is, the back up to Cole has only played six minutes for England. So if Cole is fit Baines would have nothing to do. Capello's risk was minimal.

He has brought Carragher out of retirement, who frankly has had a shite season at the shite. Up and coming Jags doesn't get a look in. So bear with me. Now we have two redshite players in the England Team.

Then we have Stevie me, redshite and automatic squad selection despite ever doing fook all for England. Then we have ex redshite Heskey who despite struggling to get a game for Villa, is automatic in the England squad.

So going into this world cup the real changes appear to be no Walcott and a sticking to the tried and proven failures of the FA. Oh no wags or mobiles.

Players who had great seasons did not get a real chance. Eg Parker, Baines and Bent. So was it all bullshit? I think so. The tried and failed get precedence. Italian managers prefer the senior squad.

I want England to do well at the world cup but hand on heart my loyalties lie with the Everton squad playing in it. This England Squad convinces me of nothing.

This post can make me look extremely foolish in future if England do well, which I hope they do. But they won't get past the final 4 if the first XI stay fit and get lucky.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 15 Jun - 15:57

Defender Leighton Baines has dismissed reports that homesickness was why he did not make England's World Cup squad.

The Everton star lost out to Stephen Warnock, despite playing in the warm-up match against Mexico at Wembley in May.

Baines feels he was misquoted after revealing he would miss his family when asked about travelling to South Africa.

He told the Liverpool Daily Echo: "I never mentioned the word homesick. I felt my comments were misconstrued and I came across as a bit of a moaner."

The 25-year-old had been hoping for the left-back slot behind Ashley Cole but Capello opted for Aston Villa's Warnock instead, a player who did not feature in the game against Mexico on 24 May or the friendly with Japan.

"It was a massive disappointment and something of a surprise even though, like most of the lads in the squad, I knew full well that I wasn't guaranteed a place," added Baines.

"I was feeling low because I knew I hadn't played my best against Mexico and I spoke to a reporter I know about how the game had gone.

"At the end of the conversation I was asked if I was missing the family while we were away and I said I was but that it's all part and parcel of being a footballer.

"I'm not embarrassed to admit that being away from the family is difficult at times but I'm not the only player who feels that. It's natural when you've got a young family and you're away from home for long spells so I was shocked when I read some of the reports that later surfaced."

Before the squad was announced, Baines admitted that being away from home was something he had always struggled with.

But the Kirkby-born player insisted that Capello's decision to omit him from the 23-man squad was based purely on professional grounds.

"I was as desperate to make the plane as every other member of the squad and my family was 100% behind me, so I was bitterly disappointed when Mr Capello told me that I wouldn't be going," he added.

"It was a football reason though and had nothing to do with anything written in the newspapers. I respected his decision and wished him and the lads all the best for the tournament."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 15 Jun - 18:33

Homesick!? lol! The journos really must have better things to write that this crap.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 16 Jun - 4:16

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Homesick!? lol! The journos really must have better things to write that this crap.

Capello probably said "you can write a column for the Sun, you can appear in the team photo, you can visit the Capetown F.C. players wives brothels orphanages with JT.... but until you can give a blowjob like Ashley you aren't getting a game..."
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 17 Jun - 1:21

mindyerho? wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Homesick!? lol! The journos really must have better things to write that this crap.

Capello probably said "you can write a column for the Sun, you can appear in the team photo, you can visit the Capetown F.C. players wives brothels orphanages with JT.... but until you can give a blowjob like Ashley you aren't getting a game..."
Sounds rather difficult getting into the England side. No wonder Gerrard is the captain these days.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 6 Empty Baines Signs New 5 Year Deal

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Thu 1 Jul - 1:24

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/06/30/baines-signs-new-deal
Michael Crosby S74
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 1 Jul - 2:15

Great stuff! That's the LB position sorted for a while then.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 1 Jul - 7:19

Good news. All our best players are signing long term deals (apart from that Pienaar bloke) which can only be good for the stability of the club.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 1 Jul - 8:26

great to see leighton renew his contract lets just hope mikel & peanuts do the same and we will have an excellent squad. cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 1 Jul - 9:42

cheers
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 1 Jul - 9:46

Hear this on the news on the radio on the way to the hospital this morning. Great start to what is becoming a great day so far.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Thu 1 Jul - 10:33

Super wrote:Hear this on the news on the radio on the way to the hospital this morning. Great start to what is becoming a great day so far.

scratch
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 1 Jul - 10:41

The Griffin wrote:
Super wrote:Hear this on the news on the radio on the way to the hospital this morning. Great start to what is becoming a great day so far.

scratch

Had the 20 week scan this morning mate. Found out having a little baby boy!!
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Thu 1 Jul - 10:59

Super wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

scratch

Congrats mate
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 1 Jul - 11:00

[quote="Super"]
The Griffin wrote:

scratch

Had the 20 week scan this morning mate. Found out having a little baby boy!![/quote]

nice one super, get him registered as a toffee cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 1 Jul - 11:12

GRINGO wrote:
Super wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

scratch

nice one super, get him registered as a toffee cheers

Cheers mate, like that was every going to be a doubt!!
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Thu 1 Jul - 11:32

Super wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

scratch

Congratulations Super - hope all goes well for you, Lulu and your baby Very Happy
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 1 Jul - 13:26

The Griffin wrote:
Super wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

scratch

Congratulations Super - hope all goes well for you, Lulu and your baby Very Happy

So Baines signed his contract and found out he is having Lulu's baby boy? affraid

Well in mate!! cheers

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 1 Jul - 14:03

Super wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

scratch

Fantastic Super! cheers 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 6 Food-smi

Thought of any names yet? Thor is a very attractive and powerful name. Just saying like...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 1 Jul - 14:04

Bluejags wrote:
The Griffin wrote:
Super wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

scratch

So Baines signed his contract and found out he is having Lulu's baby boy? affraid

Well in mate!! cheers
Makes me wonder if Donovan is the father then.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next