606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

+43
hairy cataract
Cahill the Great
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Knight of Thorgothshire
tadpole
Dixie Land
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
Michael Crosby S74
The President
Da Judge
notepad
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Albert
Bryan
Mr_Ben
Statman
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Helenqu
Lumper
Tonteau
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
Valentino Blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Diamond
BB
El Pablo
Garry Adams
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
duncs pigeons
SouthernSmugToffee
blueFire
Brummie No Mates
MagicMike
detroitblue
paul
Luka Perfect
toffee_pies
47 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 8 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 01 Feb 2011, 6:11 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:Anyone else think 'Arry is worried that we might have our traditional surge up the table in the closing stages, and is trying to unsettle us?

If he is, he's the only one.

eer, make that 2.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 8 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 06 Feb 2011, 1:29 pm

Let's move thsi thread away from 'Arry.
I think Pip was hugely influential when we went 3-2 down. Doing his yelling, and picking up some sulking faces.
Shame the ball didn't fall for him when he wandered into te penalty area near the end. Everyone around me just yelled SHOOT whethere he had a chance or not.
Hibbo would have had that.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 21 Feb 2011, 11:01 am

Phil Neville knocked Chelsea out of the FA Cup - and then admitted he'd bottled the big celebration. Skipper Neville crashed home the killer spot-kick to heap more pressure on Carlo Ancelotti and stood with arms outstretched in front of the cock-a-hoop travelling fans.

But asked if he had been mimicking Wayne Rooney or former Lancashire under-19 team-mate Freddie Flintoff, cricket-lover Neville joked: "I should have done The Sprinkler. I've been practising it for weeks!" Neville added: "I felt really good. I'd been practicing well all week. Because it was the winning penalty I think it took the pressure off me a little bit. As soon as I was back in my stance I knew I was going to score. I'd been practising all week and I knew where the ball was going - and that's half the battle.

"Since I've come to Everton I took one in the semi-final against United and scored and against Brentford earlier this season in the Carling Cup and scored. If I carry on like this the boss will have me on for penalties - so I'd better start missing!"

Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 22 Feb 2011, 4:11 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-captain-Phil-Neville-reckons-FA-Cup-win-over-Chelsea-has-kick-started-their-disgraceful-season-article703751.html

Neville has been praised for his courage in asking to be the fifth penalty-taker at Stamford Bridge – but he revealed he felt supremely confident because he had prepared for the moment.
“We’d had two draws with Chelsea and I felt I might need to take responsibility for taking a penalty.
So I went in on my day off and I was nailing them in practice into the top corner and that gave me all the confidence I needed.”

What a total legend.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 22 Feb 2011, 4:31 pm

A model professional. Not a professional model though.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 09 Jun 2011, 2:39 pm

Blues skipper Phil Neville has revealed he believes he can go on playing at the highest level for at least the next two seasons.

But the Everton captain admits his optimism regarding his ongoing fitness is a far cry from the early weeks of the 2010/11 campaign. The 34-year-old even considered quitting football after an early season injury left him unsure about whether he could continue playing at the highest level.

Neville suffered a foot injury called Planter fasciitis and was out of action for five games in the early part of Everton's 2010/11 campaign.

Thankfully Neville recovered fully and missed only three more games over the course of the campaign and had an excellent term both at right back and later on in central midfield.

And the former England international has exclusively told evertontv he is delighted his family and manager David Moyes talked him round.

"From a personal point of view it’s been one of most enjoyable seasons. But at the start of the season, and particularly after the Blackburn game, when you come back from injury you question yourself," he said.

"I was questioning myself whether I was good enough to be a footballer again, I was contemplating retirement at the time but the manager told me to snap out of it and so did my family and I’ve had a great season.

"I’ve personally enjoyed it more than any other one, I feel as fit as I ever have and from the start of the season where I though it might be my last I’m now thinking I want to continue for as long as possible and at least the next two seasons - hopefully at Everton.”

As ever Neville led from the front as the Blues produced another late season burst to finish seventh in the Premier League, one place higher than they achieved last term.

Indeed, his on-field leadership was vital after defeats to lower league opposition in the cup and a defeat to Bolton at the Reebok in February.

"The three games against Reading, Brentford and Bolton were probably real low points," he admitted.

"Reading in the FA Cup was absolutely catastrophic - you can’t say anything more than that, we’d just beaten Chelsea and we thought it was going to be our year again – we’re going to turn it around and get to Wembley and then we get beat by Reading.

"As captain my style is to lift the spirits in a jovial way, I do like to raise my voice sometimes but the best way to get confidence back in players is to have a laugh and a joke and to build team spirit and this year it’s been needed on a number of occasions.

"But with the team spirit we’ve got we all just seem to pull together, that’s the pleasing thing about being captain of this group of players, that when we lose at Bolton or against Brentford or Reading it’s not just one or two that have to raise the spirits, the whole team pull together."
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

Yeah, the Reading game was utter shite for sure. Evil or Very Mad
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:09 pm

never leaves a tip
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 28 Jun 2011, 6:38 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:never leaves a tip
Pip doesn't leave a tip? And you have this on good authority?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:21 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:never leaves a tip
Pip doesn't leave a tip? And you have this on good authority?

Been at it on Twitter

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 8 Pip10

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 8 Pip210

Then a load of people probably jumped on him, explaining how most waiting staff rely on tips etc

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 8 Pip310

Then Cahill started on him

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 8 Pip410

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 8 Pip510

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 8 Pip610

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:17 pm

He's feeling the pinch:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1424931_too-high-phil-neville-slashes-price-of-beetham-tower-apartment-by-250000
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 28 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm

Ha ha, I enjoyed reading that twitter thing. Might have to get on twitter after all before too long....

Don't want to get twitter updates on my phone though since I am on a pay as you go contract, more or less.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:07 am

its good fun, Nev and Cahill rip each other all the time, Nev rips Seamus, sample: R Sligo giving U an open top bus parade for getting young player of the year?

mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:21 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:He's feeling the pinch:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1424931_too-high-phil-neville-slashes-price-of-beetham-tower-apartment-by-250000

Must be looking for a quick sale.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 29 Jun 2011, 9:55 am

Super wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:He's feeling the pinch:

Must be looking for a quick sale.

Moving to London when he signs for Spurs next week!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:07 am

Phil Neville is on the verge of a signing a contract that will keep him at Everton for the rest of his career. The former England international has 12 months left on his current terms but talks are at an advanced stage on a new two-year deal. Tottenham wanted to sign Neville, 34, in the January transfer window and his head was turned by the lure of Champions League football.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 01 Jul 2011, 2:43 pm

Super wrote:Phil Neville is on the verge of a signing a contract that will keep him at Everton for the rest of his career. The former England international has 12 months left on his current terms but talks are at an advanced stage on a new two-year deal. Tottenham wanted to sign Neville, 34, in the January transfer window and his head was turned by the lure of Champions League football.
Good to hear. I don't think Pip is the best footballer in the world (Jordan Henderson is), but he's a great leader and captain.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 21 Aug 2011, 1:59 pm

Signed a new 2 year deal
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 21 Aug 2011, 1:59 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/08/21/phil-neville-signs-new-contract-with-everton-fc-100252-29276857/

Phil Neville signs new contract with Everton FC

EVERTON FC captain Phil Neville has today signed a contract extension.

The 34-year-old put pen to paper on a fresh deal which keeps him at Goodison Park until 2013.

Neville's current contract was to expire at the end of this season but the former England international will play on for another 12 months in the royal blue shirt.

And the Blues skipper has vowed to repay the club over the next two campaigns.

"I feel really proud and this club has never let me down, " said Neville.

"It's shown faith in me again and for the next two years I'm going to give my all for this football club."

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 21 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

Based on the performance yesterday..... No

Having said that, he's a great leader on the pitch. Hopefully his wages are not that high.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:13 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Based on the performance yesterday..... No

Having said that, he's a great leader on the pitch. Hopefully his wages are not that high.

I like Pip, but he didn't seem to have the yellin' / shoutin' thing going on yesterday.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:16 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Signed a new 2 year deal

Christ I give up.

Allegedly took a sizeable pay cut though, if true fair play to him.

Pathetic though.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 21 Aug 2011, 11:48 pm

Captain Phil will prove all you twats wrong. He's the greatest leader of men since Scott of the antarctic. cheers
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 21 Aug 2011, 11:51 pm

Tonteau wrote:Captain Phil will prove all you twats wrong. He's the greatest leader of men since Scott of the antarctic. cheers

Let's hope he fucks off and dies like Scott then.

Only joking, he's a great Evertonian (even if he's a bit of a shit footballer these days)

edit: hmm, just remembered it was Captain Oates who fucked off out of the tent and died wasn't it? Scott just kept going on and on and on forever (signing contract after contract... oh, sorry that was Phil Neville...)

Good night.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:37 am

Defender Phil Neville was left feeling unhappy after team-mate Royston Drenthe broke down with laughter when the veteran attempted a step-over in training.
Full story: Metro

lol!
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next