18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  paul on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:04 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:Pass the armband to Distin then please Mr Moyes!!!


No way! Cant have a sulky frenchman leading the team.

It has to be Cahill - fully deserves the armband after the graft he's put in over the past 5 years. I think he's the next best leader out there and has the 100% work ethic.
but you know it will be yobo whatever happens...
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Age : 30
Location : Grimsby :(
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Tonteau on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:06 pm

paul wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:Pass the armband to Distin then please Mr Moyes!!!


No way! Cant have a sulky frenchman leading the team.

It has to be Cahill - fully deserves the armband after the graft he's put in over the past 5 years. I think he's the next best leader out there and has the 100% work ethic.
but you know it will be yobo whatever happens...

Was thinking exactly the same. pale
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Cahill the Great on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 4:08 pm

paul wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:Pass the armband to Distin then please Mr Moyes!!!


No way! Cant have a sulky frenchman leading the team.

It has to be Cahill - fully deserves the armband after the graft he's put in over the past 5 years. I think he's the next best leader out there and has the 100% work ethic.
but you know it will be yobo whatever happens...


Not a chance - Yobo wont even play when Jags get back but most importantly not captain material - too quiet.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 41
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 6:34 pm

I don't think we will see Pip in a blue shirt for much longer, which is sad. At his age to have such a long lay off, he can't recover properly at all.

As for captain. Distin.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  detroitblue on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 7:18 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/8255217.stm

interesting insert there Suspect Wink
detroitblue
detroitblue

Number of posts : 6282
Age : 141
Location : Detroit USA,
Registration date : 2006-02-09

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  MagicMike on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 7:25 pm

Can I ask as to why Distin is a 'sulky Frenchman'??? He's a fully committed player from what I saw yesterday.

Get well soon Phil.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Age : 985
Location : Liverpool/Kenilworth
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 10:58 pm

MagicMike wrote:Can I ask as to why Distin is a 'sulky Frenchman'??? He's a fully committed player from what I saw yesterday.

Get well soon Phil.

i'd defo give it to distin, led by example yesterday
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 35
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 15 Sep 2009, 7:45 pm

Ruddy Perfect wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Ruddy Perfect wrote:I have a feeling his season is over - the only positive will be if Rodwell and Gosling can step up to the mantle but a top 6 finish has now gone for us and our european campaign looks fragile
Top 6? More like top 12.

Don't be negative KOT
Just trying to be realistic mate. 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Confused We have lost quite a few players to injuries and before they are fit and playing well (remember it took Arteta time to get back to form when he was out the last time). By that time I feel that the Sky 4, plus Spurs, Man City, Villa will be out of reach. Hence, we'll have to focus on mid table.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68514
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Cahill the Great on Thu 17 Sep 2009, 11:45 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Ruddy Perfect wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Ruddy Perfect wrote:I have a feeling his season is over - the only positive will be if Rodwell and Gosling can step up to the mantle but a top 6 finish has now gone for us and our european campaign looks fragile
Top 6? More like top 12.

Don't be negative KOT
Just trying to be realistic mate. 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Confused We have lost quite a few players to injuries and before they are fit and playing well (remember it took Arteta time to get back to form when he was out the last time). By that time I feel that the Sky 4, plus Spurs, Man City, Villa will be out of reach. Hence, we'll have to focus on mid table.



Some good news on Neville this morning. Rathbone seems to think he'll be back in time for the New Year and that he shouldnt need any surgery.

sunny
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 41
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Is Pip finished ?

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 12:18 am

I didn't realise he was so badly damaged... is this the end for Pip ??

Physioroom are estimating Pip is out for 4 months with Posterior Cruciate damage

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/342/phil_p_neville_injury.html?affid=77

PCL Tear Injury
The Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) is larger and stronger than the >Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL). In most Posterior Cruciate Ligament injuries, the mechanism of injury is usually a blow to the front of the upper shin. Unlike ACL injuries, there is not usually knee pain or swelling with isolated PCL tears. So long as there is no damage to other knee joint structures, and there is no knee joint instability, most people can return to sports in 4-6 weeks using a Knee Brace, following physiotherapy treatment.
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  SEFTON on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 8:19 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I didn't realise he was so badly damaged... is this the end for Pip ??

Physioroom are estimating Pip is out for 4 months with Posterior Cruciate damage

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/342/phil_p_neville_injury.html?affid=77

PCL Tear Injury
The Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) is larger and stronger than the >Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL). In most Posterior Cruciate Ligament injuries, the mechanism of injury is usually a blow to the front of the upper shin. Unlike ACL injuries, there is not usually knee pain or swelling with isolated PCL tears. So long as there is no damage to other knee joint structures, and there is no knee joint instability, most people can return to sports in 4-6 weeks using a Knee Brace, following physiotherapy treatment.



very sad news to hear,but could it be a blessing in disguise?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 9816
Age : 56
Location : Stoke Poges
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Bryan on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 9:07 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I didn't realise he was so badly damaged... is this the end for Pip ??

Physioroom are estimating Pip is out for 4 months with Posterior Cruciate damage

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/342/phil_p_neville_injury.html?affid=77

PCL Tear Injury
The Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) is larger and stronger than the >Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL). In most Posterior Cruciate Ligament injuries, the mechanism of injury is usually a blow to the front of the upper shin. Unlike ACL injuries, there is not usually knee pain or swelling with isolated PCL tears. So long as there is no damage to other knee joint structures, and there is no knee joint instability, most people can return to sports in 4-6 weeks using a Knee Brace, following physiotherapy treatment.

4-6 weeks is not 4 months.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Age : 41
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Brummie No Mates on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 9:21 am

When he was carried off at Fulham I had a fiver bet with Uwist. The rumour round the stand was that it was a broken leg. Uwist reckoned Pip would never play for us again. My fiver says he will...

In answer to the name of the thread, of course Pip isn't finished, otherwise I'm out a fiver to Uwist! Very Happy
Brummie No Mates
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6680
Age : 41
Location : 102 Miles South Of Goodison Park
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Diamond on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 9:26 am

sefton-park-blues wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I didn't realise he was so badly damaged... is this the end for Pip ??

Physioroom are estimating Pip is out for 4 months with Posterior Cruciate damage

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/342/phil_p_neville_injury.html?affid=77

PCL Tear Injury
The Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) is larger and stronger than the >Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL). In most Posterior Cruciate Ligament injuries, the mechanism of injury is usually a blow to the front of the upper shin. Unlike ACL injuries, there is not usually knee pain or swelling with isolated PCL tears. So long as there is no damage to other knee joint structures, and there is no knee joint instability, most people can return to sports in 4-6 weeks using a Knee Brace, following physiotherapy treatment.



very sad news to hear,but could it be a blessing in disguise?


Of course its not a blessing, he is the captain and is vital to the team.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Age : 46
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Da Judge on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 10:05 am

Brummie No Mates wrote:When he was carried off at Fulham I had a fiver bet with Uwist. The rumour round the stand was that it was a broken leg. Uwist reckoned Pip would never play for us again. My fiver says he will...

In answer to the name of the thread, of course Pip isn't finished, otherwise I'm out a fiver to Uwist! Very Happy

I was about to post similar ... and forgot all about the bet.... but its true... I said at the time it looked like a career injury... and I was gutted for the fella! I am more than willing to cough up to be honest. However the following is what is guiding my judgement...

1. The time off is far lengthier than the average injury.
2. Looking at Baz's advice its clear its at the extreme end of the examples of such injuries
3. His age will now start to count against him
4. We have started to bring in (and continue to develop youth) that are certainly as equipped and possibly better skilled than he

As I said I hope I am wrong - best wishes on recovery Pip!

_________________
606 Predictor Champion 2016-17; 2017-2018

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8860
Age : 58
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  The Griffin on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 10:25 am

UWIST61 wrote:
Brummie No Mates wrote:When he was carried off at Fulham I had a fiver bet with Uwist. The rumour round the stand was that it was a broken leg. Uwist reckoned Pip would never play for us again. My fiver says he will...

In answer to the name of the thread, of course Pip isn't finished, otherwise I'm out a fiver to Uwist! Very Happy

I was about to post similar ... and forgot all about the bet.... but its true... I said at the time it looked like a career injury... and I was gutted for the fella! I am more than willing to cough up to be honest. However the following is what is guiding my judgement...

1. The time off is far lengthier than the average injury.
2. Looking at Baz's advice its clear its at the extreme end of the examples of such injuries
3. His age will now start to count against him
4. We have started to bring in (and continue to develop youth) that are certainly as equipped and possibly better skilled than he

As I said I hope I am wrong - best wishes on recovery Pip!

I hope he isn't finished but if he is then he gets offered some sort of coaching 'role model' kind of role but ultimately I think he will end up at Bury, with the rest/some of his family, in that capacity (if he is finished Uwie forget your fiver you've got more chance of plaiting shit than seeing that off that fucker! Shocked )
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Age : 59
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Armchair on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 11:19 am

His absence puts a lot of responsibility onto Rodwell's shoulders. Hopefully Heitinga can fill in as a DM as well.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19739
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 26 Sep 2009, 12:15 pm

I agree with a lot of posts in here and wish him well. He took a chance on us and has been key in our recent evolution. I'll be gutted if he is finished but this is a bad injury for a player of advancing age and will he be the same robust tackler after it ?
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 1:03 pm

It looks like Pip is recovering well ... this article suggests a return around the Manure game date of November 21

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2009/09/29/everton-fc-captain-phil-neville-to-comeback-against-manchester-united-100252-24804119/
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34498
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Brummie No Mates on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 1:06 pm

The Griffin wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:
Brummie No Mates wrote:When he was carried off at Fulham I had a fiver bet with Uwist. The rumour round the stand was that it was a broken leg. Uwist reckoned Pip would never play for us again. My fiver says he will...

In answer to the name of the thread, of course Pip isn't finished, otherwise I'm out a fiver to Uwist! Very Happy

I was about to post similar ... and forgot all about the bet.... but its true... I said at the time it looked like a career injury... and I was gutted for the fella! I am more than willing to cough up to be honest. However the following is what is guiding my judgement...

1. The time off is far lengthier than the average injury.
2. Looking at Baz's advice its clear its at the extreme end of the examples of such injuries
3. His age will now start to count against him
4. We have started to bring in (and continue to develop youth) that are certainly as equipped and possibly better skilled than he

As I said I hope I am wrong - best wishes on recovery Pip!

I hope he isn't finished but if he is then he gets offered some sort of coaching 'role model' kind of role but ultimately I think he will end up at Bury, with the rest/some of his family, in that capacity (if he is finished Uwie forget your fiver you've got more chance of plaiting shit than seeing that off that fucker! Shocked )
18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 F_laugh 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 F_laugh 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 F_laugh
18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Action-2
Brummie No Mates
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6680
Age : 41
Location : 102 Miles South Of Goodison Park
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Tonteau on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 3:26 pm

Course he'll play again.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  blueFire on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 3:39 pm

He'll play for everton again but not as a first team regular anymore (which may not be a bad thing), hopefully we'll get a few years of reliable flexible back-up from him and then he can go into a coaching role, though maybe someone like bury (etc) will come in for him jan/summer 2011
blueFire
blueFire

Number of posts : 396
Age : 40
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Dixie Land on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 3:45 pm

blueFire wrote:He'll play for everton again but not as a first team regular anymore (which may not be a bad thing), hopefully we'll get a few years of reliable flexible back-up from him and then he can go into a coaching role, though maybe someone like bury (etc) will come in for him jan/summer 2011

He will be back in our first team before the end of the year. He will be a regular player again, rightly or wrongly, Im sure of that.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 3:51 pm

its getting arteta and jags back to where they were that i'm more worried about...sorry pip (i'm sure he'll be fine anyways)
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 35
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Tue 29 Sep 2009, 4:46 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:its getting arteta and jags back to where they were that i'm more worried about...sorry pip (i'm sure he'll be fine anyways)

No worries, as Moyes is already grooming captain Rodwell!
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Age : 163
Location : Aldershot
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 2 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum