606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

+44
Super
Gravy & Chips
Hinchcliffe Corner
My other LB is a Ferrari
tadpole
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Goodison_Gringo
Brummie No Mates
Da Judge
Cahill the Great
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Diamond
BB
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
RhinoJagz
The Griffin
Bluey
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Top Balcony Blue
SouthernSmugToffee
MagicMike
Dixie Land
Michael Crosby S74
Gazbow
Blue gazza
Bryan
Lumper
paul
Valentino Blue
Sheep Flavour
ToffeeDan
notepad
Albert
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Luka Perfect
Statman
yankthetoffee
toffee_pies
hairy cataract
Helenqu
He's Our Tater Not Yours
48 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 9 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Super Sun 19 Sep 2010, 5:34 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:SELL HIM

How much for £1m rising to £3m on certain targets?

Deal Mr Redknapp.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 9 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Tonteau Sun 19 Sep 2010, 5:44 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Diamond wrote:
Tonteau wrote:He's still not good enough.

Also, I don't know who moved my original post from the Everton chat porum and merged it into this post, but it's extremely annoying.

I dont think he is being played to his strengths, he isn`t really a target man to stay up on his own, if we played him in a 442 I think he would do much better

question is Moyes has signed him and obviously sees something in him at 4-5-1 rather than 4-4-2. I would be surprised if we see him in a 4-4-2 (bar cup matches maybe against a shit team) in a long time

Well he obviously saw not enough of him in 45 minutes yesterday and so withdrew him at half time. Basically, he was a chance punt for free from the third tier of English football. I don't have a problem with him, or moyes trying to bringing him in, but he's not working out and I doubt he ever will, I think you have to be ruthless at this level. He's started three games and we've lost them all. Loan him to a championship side and see what happens.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 19 Sep 2010, 6:59 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:SELL HIM

How much for £1m rising to £3m on certain targets?

Like scoring a goal?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 19 Sep 2010, 7:08 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Diamond wrote:
Tonteau wrote:He's still not good enough.

Also, I don't know who moved my original post from the Everton chat porum and merged it into this post, but it's extremely annoying.

I dont think he is being played to his strengths, he isn`t really a target man to stay up on his own, if we played him in a 442 I think he would do much better

question is Moyes has signed him and obviously sees something in him at 4-5-1 rather than 4-4-2. I would be surprised if we see him in a 4-4-2 (bar cup matches maybe against a shit team) in a long time

Well he obviously saw not enough of him in 45 minutes yesterday and so withdrew him at half time. Basically, he was a chance punt for free from the third tier of English football. I don't have a problem with him, or moyes trying to bringing him in, but he's not working out and I doubt he ever will, I think you have to be ruthless at this level. He's started three games and we've lost them all. Loan him to a championship side and see what happens.

He would score goals for fun, come back to Everton and not get a chance. But bet he plays and scores against Brentford on Tuesday night.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 19 Sep 2010, 7:19 pm

Our team have started the season poorly. It's hardly the time to be judging Beckford. The only way he will score is if he grabs hold of the ball from Tim Howard and dribbles it round the oppositions entire team before thumping it in the net, as our players are giving him zero service. If I was Beckford, I'd be pretty upset about this by now.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Sun 19 Sep 2010, 7:38 pm

BB wrote:Our team have started the season poorly. It's hardly the time to be judging Beckford. The only way he will score is if he grabs hold of the ball from Tim Howard and dribbles it round the oppositions entire team before thumping it in the net, as our players are giving him zero service. If I was Beckford, I'd be pretty upset about this by now.

we dont play to his strengths whatsoever.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Sun 19 Sep 2010, 8:18 pm

Hes not a target man. We take him off and start playing quick balls to the Yak how about doing that when he is on the pitch?
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 19 Sep 2010, 8:28 pm

treblA wrote:
BB wrote:Our team have started the season poorly. It's hardly the time to be judging Beckford. The only way he will score is if he grabs hold of the ball from Tim Howard and dribbles it round the oppositions entire team before thumping it in the net, as our players are giving him zero service. If I was Beckford, I'd be pretty upset about this by now.

It's James Beattie all over again Laughing
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 19 Sep 2010, 9:07 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:Hes not a target man. We take him off and start playing quick balls to the Yak how about doing that when he is on the pitch?

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 9 Doh

Agreed
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 19 Sep 2010, 9:23 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:Hes not a target man. We take him off and start playing quick balls to the Yak how about doing that when he is on the pitch?

Have you seen his first touch? It's pretty much all you ever see, cos it's so poor he rarely has a second. Fitness aside, the Yak is on a completely different level.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 19 Sep 2010, 9:28 pm

treblA wrote:

His strengths aren't suited to the speed of the premier league. Defences are tighter, faster and you'll rarely get a chance to run onto a ball over the top like you do in league 1. I hope I'm wrong, really I do. But he just doesn't look like he's going to cut it at this level. Players making a big jump up the divisions rarely works these days, just look at Fabain Delph at Villa....at least we didn't pay £8million (or whatever it was) for beckford.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 19 Sep 2010, 9:31 pm

Also, he has been getting some service. Not the best admittedly, but still some service, and he invariably takes a terrible touch or makes the wrong decision.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 27 Oct 2010, 9:59 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1324014/Everton-boss-David-Moyes-urges-patience-misfiring-Jermaine-Beckford.html
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 11 Nov 2010, 10:48 am

David Moyes believes there is more to come from Jermaine Beckford after watching the striker salvage a point for his side against Bolton at Goodison Park.

The 26-year-old came from the bench to curl a superb shot into the top corner as the 10-man Blues looked set for a disappointing home defeat.

Ivan Klasnic had opened the scoring on 78 minutes and, when Marouane Fellaini was dismissed for kicking out at Paul Robinson, Moyes’ side looked doomed.

That was before Beckford intervened with his first Premier League goal and Moyes felt it was a cameo of what the striker is capable of.

“It was a great goal,” he said. “And anybody who has watched Leeds in the last few seasons will tell you he can score an array of goals – it was a fantastic finish. Credit to Leighton Baines also who fought to win the ball back and slipped him in.

“But I think that is what Jermaine has got. He has a lot to learn as a Premier League player and will improve, but he knows how to score goals.”

The Everton boss also said he felt he had perhaps started Beckford too early into his Goodison Park career, and was pleased to see him making an impact from the bench.

Moyes added: “I probably put him in sooner than I should have done when he first came here. I always wanted to use him as a substitute and bring him on in games where we needed a goal. I probably started him too soon and that was my mistake.”
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:33 pm

ok.... who's first Very Happy

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:37 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:ok.... who's first Very Happy

BECKFORD TO START AGAINST WEST BROM!
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:38 pm

Super wrote:

+1
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:40 pm

BB wrote:
Super wrote:

+1

Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:43 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Super wrote:

+1

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:44 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Super wrote:

+1

cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:44 pm

horrible miss but let's be honest, would saha have been inthe same position?! no...considering the lad has had 2 shots in the last 3 matches and scored one of them, it's not the worst thing, he needs time on the pitch rather than 5 minutes at the end - you don't lose the knack for scoring he had at leeds, it'll come here,he just needs to play more

saha looks like a waste of space at the minute
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:46 pm

paul wrote:horrible miss but let's be honest, would saha have been inthe same position?! no...considering the lad has had 2 shots in the last 3 matches and scored one of them, it's not the worst thing, he needs time on the pitch rather than 5 minutes at the end - you don't lose the knack for scoring he had at leeds, it'll come here,he just needs to play more

+1
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm

paul wrote:horrible miss but let's be honest, would saha have been inthe same position?! no...considering the lad has had 2 shots in the last 3 matches and scored one of them, it's not the worst thing, he needs time on the pitch rather than 5 minutes at the end - you don't lose the knack for scoring he had at leeds, it'll come here,he just needs to play more

Agreed 100%. The difficulty Moyes has right now is which mis-firing striker does he give time to. Each of them need playing time to get confidence, but there's only so many spaces - certainly not enough for Saha, Yakubu and Beckford. Presumably he is basing this on past performances, and Moyes is putting his money on Saha to be most capable of turning it around first. He may be right, or it may be time for a change. It's a tough one to call - happily I don't have to call it.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:50 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

Agreed 100%. The difficulty Moyes has right now is which mis-firing striker does he give time to. Each of them need playing time to get confidence, but there's only so many spaces - certainly not enough for Saha, Yakubu and Beckford. Presumably he is basing this on past performances, and Moyes is putting his money on Saha to be most capable of turning it around first. He may be right, or it may be time for a change. It's a tough one to call - happily I don't have to call it.

I would pick the Yak over the others as he is far better at holding the ball up and getting the midfielders involved. Saha was utter wank tonight and I dont see what Beckford offers (especially as a lone striker).
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:51 pm

÷10 scratch

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next