16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:39 am

he's only a youngster remember!

Not been impressed in what i have seen albeit maybe if he played alongside Saha it might make a difference but Moyes will never play anything but 4-5-1
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Da Judge on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:40 am

Cahill the Great wrote:Agree - Beckford is a poor man's Defoe. He will score if you give him a chance but his hold up play is non-existent. It was stupid of Moyes to play him up front by himself against Villa. Saha and Yak are better options in a 4-5-1.

... and if Anichebe and Yakubu are injured and Saha working back towards full fitness?... What then? Play Beckford for as long as you can and then give Saha the amount of play time he can reasonably get away with? 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 Confused

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8851
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:47 am

he reminds me of Vaughan... but not so fragile..

will probably score the odd cracker, but overall way off the standard we need.. 10% the player Saha is

...loan him out & get the Yak (and Ani I suppose) fit again as cover for King Louis.
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:48 am

Cahill the Great wrote:Agree - Beckford is a poor man's Defoe. He will score if you give him a chance but his hold up play is non-existent. It was stupid of Moyes to play him up front by himself against Villa. Saha and Yak are better options in a 4-5-1.

Yak who's supposedly injured and Saha who up till the other day hasn't looked interested and was largely at fault for the goal we conceded against wolves due to his sloppy lethargic play.

hopefully being dropped has worked and Saha has had the kick up the arse he needs, he is a better player than Beckford but when he can't be arsed he's effectively a man down so we played our other striker.

Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 11:55 am

Mr_Ben wrote:he's only a youngster remember!

Not been impressed in what i have seen albeit maybe if he played alongside Saha it might make a difference but Moyes will never play anything but 4-5-1

can't see 442 working, not with those 2 in particular, we'd need more pace on the wings to link the attack and midfield as neither would want to drop to far back down the pitch, unless of cousre we wantto see more hoofball.

I think the problem at the moment is more about the link between midfield and attack, Cahill is currently the link, now I love Cahill and all his passion that he puts into his game but we need to look at playing someone with a better footballing brain, either Bilya or Rodwell, in his position to provide a more creative edge to our attacking play in the final third. Cahill is very good at being a nuisance to the defence but isn't the most creative with the ball at his feet. Bilya or Rodwell would be better options for playing a defence splitting through ball or firing in an accurate shot from long range to atleast work the keeper.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:00 pm

No he's not!! 27 in December!
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

View user profile http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:01 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:Saha has been shite so far though. I wouldn't say Beckford has been shite he's just not had the type of supply he needs. he's certainly put the effort in but he needs to have the ball played in behind the defence for him to run onto, with Wolves, Villa and Blackburn all sitting deep there's less space for him and the midfielders to exploit.

we need the Yak to be playing really, he's the best striker we have for linking the midfield and attack.

agree with this
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:02 pm

notepad wrote:

No he's not!! 27 in December!

sorry i was being sarcastic, i was going to put (accoding to Trevor Francis) afterwards.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:04 pm

let's be honest about JB...

we only signed him 'cause he was free....

we would not have paid for him...

not good enough .... sorry but offload asap... today would be good
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:10 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:let's be honest about JB...

After 3 games?
His goals pre season were as good as I've seen from any other player in the Prem. He deserves a season at least. Let's not take our frustrations out on a new lad. Get behind him and wish him the best surely?
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:34 pm

BB wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:let's be honest about JB...

After 3 games?
His goals pre season were as good as I've seen from any other player in the Prem. He deserves a season at least. Let's not take our frustrations out on a new lad. Get behind him and wish him the best surely?

I can't see how this will change things, surely the only solution is countless knee jerk reactions and the changing of scape goats each game.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:46 pm

I'm not making him a scape goat, or making a knee jerk reaction. I just think he's not good enough for the premier league and his goals in pre season were against the kind of opposition he's better suited to compete against.

Now watch him score against united in a scrappy 1-0. Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:50 pm

I have him in my fantasy league, so I have faith in the lad. His movement is exellent. It's a pity we don't have too many players who can find the final pass. Relationships take time in football, but the understanding will eventually come. Yoiu don't score over 30 goals per season and not know where the net is.
BB
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

BB wrote:I have him in my fantasy league, so I have faith in the lad. His movement is exellent. It's a pity we don't have too many players who can find the final pass. Relationships take time in football, but the understanding will eventually come. Yoiu don't score over 30 goals per season and not know where the net is.

He knows where the net is, it's just in the premier league it's a lot harder to get to.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 1:16 pm

He hasn't impressed but then he hasn't been given any chances yet. For me, he is behind Yak and Saha in the pecking order but may still prove to be a good signing.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19700
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Tue 31 Aug 2010, 2:33 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:He hasn't impressed but then he hasn't been given any chances yet. For me, he is behind Yak and Saha in the pecking order but may still prove to be a good signing.

I don't think anyone expected him to come in and take over the number one spot. The good thing is he is here free, and he's at a good age. He'll develop and hopefully a little break will see him fly into action.
BB
BB

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Wed 01 Sep 2010, 9:05 pm

Beckford is not a target man he is a poacher he needs to play with Saha at least.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brummie No Mates on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 2:39 pm

Tonteau wrote:I'm not making him a scape goat, or making a knee jerk reaction. I just think he's not good enough for the premier league and his goals in pre season were against the kind of opposition he's better suited to compete against.

I'll drink to that mate! 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 Food-smi
Brummie No Mates
Brummie No Mates

Number of posts : 6680

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 2:48 pm

Brummie No Mates wrote:
Tonteau wrote:I'm not making him a scape goat, or making a knee jerk reaction. I just think he's not good enough for the premier league and his goals in pre season were against the kind of opposition he's better suited to compete against.

I'll drink to that mate! 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 Food-smi

i'll get totally shitfaced to that 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 F_ale 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 F_ale 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 F_ale 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 Smiley_a 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 8 Smiley_a
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7240

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Thu 02 Sep 2010, 3:04 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:Beckford is not a target man he is a poacher he needs to play with Saha at least.

Yes... Beckford's first touch and ball control is awful. I've heard people saying give him time to adapt to the Premiership but controlling a ball is not something you learn by being in the Premiership at the age of 27. He undoubtedly has pace and an eye for goal when running on to through balls but the difference between the Premiership and League 1 is that the standard of defending in the Prem is much higher and defence splitting passes are at a premium (as we've seen in our first 3 games). On average you'll perhaps get 2 decent chances per game.

I still think he'll score some goals, nothing like he did at Leeds, but there is no way he is good enough to be our first choice striker.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3645
Registration date : 2005-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 3:20 pm

He's still not good enough.

Also, I don't know who moved my original post from the Everton chat porum and merged it into this post, but it's extremely annoying.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 5:05 pm

Tonteau wrote:He's still not good enough.

Also, I don't know who moved my original post from the Everton chat porum and merged it into this post, but it's extremely annoying.

I dont think he is being played to his strengths, he isn`t really a target man to stay up on his own, if we played him in a 442 I think he would do much better
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 5:29 pm

Diamond wrote:
Tonteau wrote:He's still not good enough.

I dont think he is being played to his strengths, he isn`t really a target man to stay up on his own, if we played him in a 442 I think he would do much better

question is Moyes has signed him and obviously sees something in him at 4-5-1 rather than 4-4-2. I would be surprised if we see him in a 4-4-2 (bar cup matches maybe against a shit team) in a long time
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 5:31 pm

SELL HIM
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 5:33 pm

Super wrote:SELL HIM

How much for £1m rising to £3m on certain targets?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next