16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 4:48 pm

Super wrote:I LOVE BECKFORD!!!!!

Not too late to register the birth:

JERMAINE BECKFORD HERBIE HAIRY HOLMES
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24023
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 5:37 pm

Super wrote:I LOVE BECKFORD!!!!!

wear some marigolds and get some fairy liquid, it gets sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:03 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:I LOVE BECKFORD!!!!!

wear some marigolds and get some fairy liquid, it gets sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better

lol!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24023
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 6:45 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Super wrote:I LOVE BECKFORD!!!!!

Not too late to register the birth:

JERMAINE BECKFORD HERBIE HAIRY HOLMES
It sure has a nice ring to it.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68374
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 04 Dec 2010, 7:04 pm

Well done Jermaine.. that's the first step to forgiveness.. go on.... I dare you to prove us doubters completely wrong Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34468
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 05 Dec 2010, 6:06 am

i can see BEckford getting 10 league goals this season and still being shit

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 05 Dec 2010, 2:16 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:i can see BEckford getting 10 league goals this season and still being shit

Laughing The "promising" thing though is that he does get in to possitions to score.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68374
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 06 Dec 2010, 8:23 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:i can see BEckford getting 10 league goals this season and still being shit

Laughing The "promising" thing though is that he does get in to possitions to score.

i don't think he will go on a scoring run but can see him getting the odd goal here and there. He should score against Wigan
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Tonteau on Mon 06 Dec 2010, 2:34 pm

Fair play for scoring a goal I would say he "couldn't miss", but having seen him against west brom, I think it's perfectly possible he could have missed. Anyways he does a lot of things right, but when it comes down to it he usually does the important things wrong. The turn against ivanovic was great but trying to score a hugely unlikely wonder goal when he had two or three team mates to pass to is not so clever. I'm not sure these are the kind of thngs you can learn, they're either there or they're not. I hope he can keep getting us important goals and bump up his price a bit for when we hopefully move him on.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  The Griffin on Tue 07 Dec 2010, 2:16 pm

Poor mans Marcus Bent
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Age : 59
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  yankthetoffee on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 2:00 pm

Tonteau wrote:Fair play for scoring a goal I would say he "couldn't miss", but having seen him against west brom, I think it's perfectly possible he could have missed. Anyways he does a lot of things right, but when it comes down to it he usually does the important things wrong. The turn against ivanovic was great but trying to score a hugely unlikely wonder goal when he had two or three team mates to pass to is not so clever. I'm not sure these are the kind of thngs you can learn, they're either there or they're not. I hope he can keep getting us important goals and bump up his price a bit for when we hopefully move him on.

He could be under DM instructions to belt it on sight?
I can hear DM saying "Be selfish laddy. Get 5 shots in, and score just one each game, and whoop there it is.:
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Age : 66
Location : Back home in the bosom of my family
Registration date : 2005-11-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Dixie Land on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 2:21 pm

Everton captain Phil Neville reckons that Jermaine Beckford will be a prolific goalscorer for the Toffees in the not too distant future, lauding the former Leeds United star as a natural finisher.

Becks scored a late equaliser at Chelski, and although some have questioned his top flight credentials, Nev believes the 26-year-old has got something special.

Captain Phil said: 'He's got something special and he's got that knack of being in the right place at the right time,

'He's got something you can't practice - you're just born with it. He's got a goalscorer's instinct and he'll score goals for us, I'm sure of that.

'The manager is giving him time and he's coming off the bench and at the moment he's proving a real threat for us. When you come off the bench and create two or three chances every time you play it's going to come good for you.'
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 2:28 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Everton captain Phil Neville reckons that Jermaine Beckford will be a prolific goalscorer for the Toffees in the not too distant future, lauding the former Leeds United star as a natural finisher.Becks scored a late equaliser at Chelski, and although some have questioned his top flight credentials, Nev believes the 26-year-old has got something special.

Captain Phil said: 'He's got something special and he's got that knack of being in the right place at the right time,

'He's got something you can't practice - you're just born with it. He's got a goalscorer's instinct and he'll score goals for us, I'm sure of that.

'The manager is giving him time and he's coming off the bench and at the moment he's proving a real threat for us. When you come off the bench and create two or three chances every time you play it's going to come good for you.'
I can tell that Pip has started drinking. Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68374
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Dixie Land on Wed 08 Dec 2010, 2:33 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Everton captain Phil Neville reckons that Jermaine Beckford will be a prolific goalscorer for the Toffees in the not too distant future, lauding the former Leeds United star as a natural finisher.Becks scored a late equaliser at Chelski, and although some have questioned his top flight credentials, Nev believes the 26-year-old has got something special.

Captain Phil said: 'He's got something special and he's got that knack of being in the right place at the right time,

'He's got something you can't practice - you're just born with it. He's got a goalscorer's instinct and he'll score goals for us, I'm sure of that.

'The manager is giving him time and he's coming off the bench and at the moment he's proving a real threat for us. When you come off the bench and create two or three chances every time you play it's going to come good for you.'
I can tell that Pip has started drinking. Laughing

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 F_laugh 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 F_laugh 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 F_laugh 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 F_laugh 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 F_laugh 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 10:41 am

I've been a strong critic of Beckford, but fair is fair... he played well against the shite & took his goal really well...

..it's the first time I've seen anyone celebrate with him as well so maybe things are changing in camp !

Let's see if he can kick on now & become a good player for us.
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34468
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Tonteau on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 10:57 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I've been a strong critic of Beckford, but fair is fair... he played well against the shite & took his goal really well...

..it's the first time I've seen anyone celebrate with him as well so maybe things are changing in camp !

Let's see if he can kick on now & become a good player for us.

He did, but he didn't really do a lot else. The ball was just pinging off him for most of the first half. I know that's not the way he plays, but I still think we need a stiker with a bit more about them. However, I'll not argue with a goal at the tin mine from him. Very Happy
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Valentino Blue on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 11:58 am

Tonteau wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I've been a strong critic of Beckford, but fair is fair... he played well against the shite & took his goal really well...

..it's the first time I've seen anyone celebrate with him as well so maybe things are changing in camp !

Let's see if he can kick on now & become a good player for us.

He did, but he didn't really do a lot else. The ball was just pinging off him for most of the first half. I know that's not the way he plays, but I still think we need a stiker with a bit more about them. However, I'll not argue with a goal at the tin mine from him. Very Happy

goal was good and he worked hard but in the first half in particular his actual footballing ability was pretty poor. that stupid lob attempt when he has the pace to get through on goal Mad . the countless attempted little flicks which go nowhere near where they should when a simple pass would have worked Mad .

this is what I was told to expect by leeds fans though. will be a good option as an impact sub in my opinion but we need someone better to start.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 38
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 12:40 pm

That attempted lob of Reina after 1 minute still makes me laugh.

Anyhow, i think someone did celebrate with him when he scored?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Valentino Blue on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 1:07 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:That attempted lob of Reina after 1 minute still makes me laugh.

Anyhow, i think someone did celebrate with him when he scored?

i think previously they hadn't, seem to remember him being booooed by nevill,e baines and cahill after scoring the goal against chelsea Laughing
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 38
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  BB on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 4:58 pm

He hasn't had too many chances to settle, but I have faith in him. You can't perform out of your skin without acknowledgement from your peers. The more back slaps the better he'll be.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  BB on Tue 18 Jan 2011, 7:38 am

BTW, he's had 541 minutes on the pitch. If we look at that as being 90 minute games, he would have played 6 games in the Premiership, and scored 3 goals, giving him a 1 in 2 ratio. Wink How many cup matches has he played? Laughing

Damn I'm positive these days lmao. cheers
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 11:15 pm

I thought Beckford did ok today... I don't understand why he was subbed at half time, especially when Ani was so fucking 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 695251 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 695251 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 695251
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34468
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 5:32 pm

You're starting to win me over Jermaine... in fact I'm starting to like you king
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34468
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Armchair on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 5:39 pm

Quality goal today.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19666
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  BB on Sat 05 Feb 2011, 5:40 pm

I've backed this lad up since day one, and he's starting to repay my faith in him. Is it time to play 2 strikers?
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 12 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum