606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

+44
Super
Gravy & Chips
Hinchcliffe Corner
My other LB is a Ferrari
tadpole
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Goodison_Gringo
Brummie No Mates
Da Judge
Cahill the Great
Tonteau
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Diamond
BB
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
RhinoJagz
The Griffin
Bluey
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Top Balcony Blue
SouthernSmugToffee
MagicMike
Dixie Land
Michael Crosby S74
Gazbow
Blue gazza
Bryan
Lumper
paul
Valentino Blue
Sheep Flavour
ToffeeDan
notepad
Albert
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Luka Perfect
Statman
yankthetoffee
toffee_pies
hairy cataract
Helenqu
He's Our Tater Not Yours
48 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 10 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:52 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
paul wrote:horrible miss but let's be honest, would saha have been inthe same position?! no...considering the lad has had 2 shots in the last 3 matches and scored one of them, it's not the worst thing, he needs time on the pitch rather than 5 minutes at the end - you don't lose the knack for scoring he had at leeds, it'll come here,he just needs to play more

saha looks like a waste of space at the minute

Agreed 100%. The difficulty Moyes has right now is which mis-firing striker does he give time to. Each of them need playing time to get confidence, but there's only so many spaces - certainly not enough for Saha, Yakubu and Beckford. Presumably he is basing this on past performances, and Moyes is putting his money on Saha to be most capable of turning it around first. He may be right, or it may be time for a change. It's a tough one to call - happily I don't have to call it.

I would pick the Yak over the others as he is far better at holding the ball up and getting the midfielders involved. Saha was utter wank tonight and I dont see what Beckford offers (especially as a lone striker).
+1
Yak was awsome against the shite & has hardly played since.... why ???

Number of posts : 40996
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 10 Empty Re: 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box

Post  Super Mon 22 Nov 2010, 10:53 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
paul wrote:horrible miss but let's be honest, would saha have been inthe same position?! no...considering the lad has had 2 shots in the last 3 matches and scored one of them, it's not the worst thing, he needs time on the pitch rather than 5 minutes at the end - you don't lose the knack for scoring he had at leeds, it'll come here,he just needs to play more

Agreed 100%. The difficulty Moyes has right now is which mis-firing striker does he give time to. Each of them need playing time to get confidence, but there's only so many spaces - certainly not enough for Saha, Yakubu and Beckford. Presumably he is basing this on past performances, and Moyes is putting his money on Saha to be most capable of turning it around first. He may be right, or it may be time for a change. It's a tough one to call - happily I don't have to call it.

I would pick the Yak over the others as he is far better at holding the ball up and getting the midfielders involved. Saha was utter wank tonight and I dont see what Beckford offers (especially as a lone striker).
+1

MOYES HASN'T A CLUE ANYMORE I'M AFRAID.

Why else would he drop the Yak and bring back Saha??
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:03 pm

Super wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

+1

Long Term vs Short Term maybe. Is it more important to get Saha 'match fit' than it is to let the Yak continue? Short term, we would probably be in a good place - we may even have won today, but if we hadn't then the same posters would be "why not play Saha, etc?". The fact is the strikers are not getting goals. Whether that's the managers fault is highly debatable.

I have no idea what the answer is, but I can see the merits in trying to give Saha game time.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:06 pm

Super wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

+1

Long Term vs Short Term maybe. Is it more important to get Saha 'match fit' than it is to let the Yak continue? Short term, we would probably be in a good place - we may even have won today, but if we hadn't then the same posters would be "why not play Saha, etc?". The fact is the strikers are not getting goals. Whether that's the managers fault is highly debatable.

I have no idea what the answer is, but I can see the merits in trying to give Saha game time.

Down to the training? Do they actually practice shooting? I don't know either, but if something doesn't change soon we are going to be in a relegation battle if we are not already?
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:09 pm

Super wrote:
Down to the training? Do they actually practice shooting? I don't know either, but if something doesn't change soon we are going to be in a relegation battle if we are not already?

I don't think we will be. Nowhere near. I will happily stake a virtual tenner with you that, come the final day of the season, we will be at least 12 points clear of 18th place. The way you are talking I suspect you believe that there is no chance of me being right.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 22 Nov 2010, 11:11 pm

Super wrote:

I don't think we will be. Nowhere near. I will happily stake a virtual tenner with you that, come the final day of the season, we will be at least 12 points clear of 18th place. The way you are talking I suspect you believe that there is no chance of me being right.

Will probably feel different in the morning. Think it is just this evening performance, ok their 2nd goal was offside, but any other team would have put that game to bed the number of times we passed the ball instead of had a shot at goal.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 23 Nov 2010, 12:33 am

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 10 Formul10 and that's all I have to say on the subject
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 23 Nov 2010, 1:48 am

Dixie Land wrote:

beckford is not really a lone striker kind of guy since he's not that good at holding up the ball. He needs to feed off passes and pace, that's how he will get our goals.

There was always so much talk about Beattie and playing to his strength (crosses), but we really are capacble of playing to Beckford's strengths if we release the ball faster and take on the defence instead of passing the ball around and giving the opposition time to get back in droves.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Nov 2010, 11:17 pm

I've calmed down now & after serious thought I think Beckford needs a full game and the baggies game is a good opportunity with Saha playing shite & yak iffy...

I've been on his case quite a lot, but at the end of the day he's an Everton player & I'm wrong not to support him & give him another chance..

If he misses another chance like the one in the 93 minutes yesterday though... he must be out of chances at this level & we would surely be better with Vaughan on the bench

I await in anticipation for Beckford to prove he's good enough

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 23 Nov 2010, 11:30 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I've calmed down now & after serious thought I think Beckford needs a full game and the baggies game is a good opportunity with Saha playing shite & yak iffy...

I've been on his case quite a lot, but at the end of the day he's an Everton player & I'm wrong not to support him & give him another chance..

If he misses another chance like the one in the 93 minutes yesterday though... he must be out of chances at this level & we would surely be better with Vaughan on the bench

Yes, the Baggies are more what he's used to. Hopefully he can score half a dozen then we can sell him to Citteh for £40m in January. We could throw Bily in and tell them to make it £40,000,010.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Nov 2010, 11:37 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I've calmed down now & after serious thought I think Beckford needs a full game and the baggies game is a good opportunity with Saha playing shite & yak iffy...

Yes, the Baggies are more what he's used to. Hopefully he can score half a dozen then we can sell him to Citteh for £40m in January. We could throw Bily in and tell them to make it £40,000,010.
Very Happy
.. however I am one of the few on here who thinks Bily is a good player... or at least will be a good player... I think he's low on confidence from not having many opportunities & also being played out of position...

I fancy Bily to come good when we have to throw him in (we usually have an injury period of all hands to the pump)... and now with my new calmness over Beckford... I'm expecting him to do the same.

Maybe that's too optimistic... but hey

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Wed 24 Nov 2010, 1:17 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Very Happy
.. however I am one of the few on here who thinks Bily is a good player... or at least will be a good player... I think he's low on confidence from not having many opportunities & also being played out of position...

I fancy Bily to come good when we have to throw him in (we usually have an injury period of all hands to the pump)... and now with my new calmness over Beckford... I'm expecting him to do the same.

He looks out of his depth. Moyes needs to play him and stick with him, or let him revive his career elsewhere. Rotting on the bench helps neither party.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 24 Nov 2010, 1:31 am

BB wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Very Happy

He looks out of his depth. Moyes needs to play him and stick with him, or let him revive his career elsewhere. Rotting on the bench helps neither party.

I really don't see what he offers the side, especially when playing one upfront. He doesn't hold the ball up and seems physically weak. He does run but, to me, he seems like a 2nd rate Marcus Bent.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Wed 24 Nov 2010, 2:10 am

Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Very Happy

I really don't see what he offers the side, especially when playing one upfront. He doesn't hold the ball up and seems physically weak. He does run but, to me, he seems like a 2nd rate Marcus Bent.

Should we put him out on loan?

The problem we have is that he's not getting games. At least put him in the reserves and let him play every week if nothing else.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 24 Nov 2010, 2:16 am

BB wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Very Happy

The problem we have is that he's not getting games. At least put him in the reserves and let him play every week if nothing else.

To be totally honest, I don't know why Moyes bought him in the first place other than the fact that he was available on a free. He did brilliantly well at Leeds in League One but the jump to the Premier League is a very big one. I actually think we bought him because he scored a goal against Man Unt.

Ive nothing against the lad and wish him well but I would rather have James Vaughan recalled. I agree that a spell in the reserves might do him good and, who knows, if he does well there then he may be able to offer something to the first team.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Wed 24 Nov 2010, 3:49 am

Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Very Happy

To be totally honest, I don't know why Moyes bought him in the first place other than the fact that he was available on a free. He did brilliantly well at Leeds in League One but the jump to the Premier League is a very big one. I actually think we bought him because he scored a goal against Man Unt.

Ive nothing against the lad and wish him well but I would rather have James Vaughan recalled. I agree that a spell in the reserves might do him good and, who knows, if he does well there then he may be able to offer something to the first team.

Sorry, I've been talking about Bily.
As for Beckford, I still think he'll be ok. It just depends on how much faith Moyes has in him.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 24 Nov 2010, 7:40 am

BB wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Very Happy

Sorry, I've been talking about Bily.
As for Beckford, I still think he'll be ok. It just depends on how much faith Moyes has in him.

Bily = VDM + slow - vodka
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:04 pm

ok.. time's up... he's officially shite 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 10 695251

...fits in well

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:09 pm

use him as a paper weight to sign some one
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:12 pm

He's the only striker we have that's actually getting into positions and getting chances. Yes, he's missing them but he's doing more than Yak or Saha at the minute, in less time too.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:13 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:use him as a paper weight to sign some one

scratch scratch scratch
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:14 pm

MagicMike wrote:He's the only striker we have that's actually getting into positions and getting chances. Yes, he's missing them but he's doing more than Yak or Saha at the minute, in less time too.
they are all shite... but Beckford is the shiteist 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 10 Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:14 pm

MagicMike wrote:He's the only striker we have that's actually getting into positions and getting chances. Yes, he's missing them but he's doing more than Yak or Saha at the minute, in less time too.

16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 10 Action-s 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 10 Action-s
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:18 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
they are all shite... but Beckford is the shiteist 16: Jermaine Beckford - Fox in the Box - Page 10 Moon
Maybe...in fact he may not be good enough for the Everton or the Premier league. But we've got him and he's doing more than the others at the minute. Right now, I'd rather gamble on a striker that's getting into positions than one who's deemed a better player but doing nowt.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 27 Nov 2010, 5:36 pm

Agreed. He ciould have scored 3-4 goals based on his chances. Saha and the Yak zero among the two of them.

I really think he's missing that last piece of quality though. I watched Bayern Munchen play Lyon the other day and Gomes (Gomez?) had two half chances and he scored on both. The first thing that popped into my mind was "Does Everton have a player that could do that?". The answer is simply "No, we don't."
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next