606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton - Bournemouth

+4
hairy cataract
Tonteau
Rotterdam 1985
Knight of Thorgothshire
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Everton - Bournemouth - Page 4 Empty Re: Everton - Bournemouth

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 03 Sep 2024, 9:39 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Went to the bookies first thing this morning to collect some weekend winnings. While I'm queueing, the bookie announces to a fellow punter that Dyche has been sacked. "I don't know anything about that" I interjected, informing them both that I'm an Evertonian, which induced a wince from the fellow punter (Forest fan) on my behalf.

"Yeah well I just saw something about it on the internet" retorted the bookie. Clearly bollocks, I couldn't see anything when I googled, but bookies are supposed to be in the know, aren't they? So I've spent all day wondering if an announcement was going to be made out of the blue.

I'll chastise the bookie for his duff info next time I'm in there - our headfuck is bad enough without this sort of nonsense. But here's the thing - when I first heard him say it, I did an almost involuntary fist-pump. So having suggested that I don't care whether he stays or goes, perhaps this is an indication that deep down I want Dyche out.
for me there is only one alternative to Dyche... and many won't like it... Moyes

Number of posts : 41293
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 03 Sep 2024, 1:19 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Went to the bookies first thing this morning to collect some weekend winnings. While I'm queueing, the bookie announces to a fellow punter that Dyche has been sacked. "I don't know anything about that" I interjected, informing them both that I'm an Evertonian, which induced a wince from the fellow punter (Forest fan) on my behalf.

"Yeah well I just saw something about it on the internet" retorted the bookie. Clearly bollocks, I couldn't see anything when I googled, but bookies are supposed to be in the know, aren't they? So I've spent all day wondering if an announcement was going to be made out of the blue.

I'll chastise the bookie for his duff info next time I'm in there - our headfuck is bad enough without this sort of nonsense. But here's the thing - when I first heard him say it, I did an almost involuntary fist-pump. So having suggested that I don't care whether he stays or goes, perhaps this is an indication that deep down I want Dyche out.
for me there is only one alternative to Dyche... and many won't like it... Moyes

I don't like it. Would be more of the same, backs to the wall, shit football, not enough imagination.

I honestly don't think I care about relegation anymore, so I'm not bothered about bringing in anyone who can "do a job" to keep us up. Tired of all that. I'd rather get someone who a) is mad enough to take the job on and b) actually plays with a bit of style.

We have some good players now, we have some creativity. Use it. If that means going down then I don't think I give a shit. I'm at the stage where I'd prefer glorious relegation, going down firing, than the perpetual humiliation of clinging on for dear life.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 15169
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee2 Tue 03 Sep 2024, 1:23 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

I don't like it. Would be more of the same, backs to the wall, shit football, not enough imagination.

I honestly don't think I care about relegation anymore, so I'm not bothered about bringing in anyone who can "do a job" to keep us up. Tired of all that. I'd rather get someone who a) is mad enough to take the job on and b) actually plays with a bit of style.

We have some good players now, we have some creativity. Use it. If that means going down then I don't think I give a shit. I'm at the stage where I'd prefer glorious relegation, going down firing, than the perpetual humiliation of clinging on for dear life.
I think we have the players to give us a decent season. It's whether Dyche has their faith. How about his....
If Carsley is a filler at the FA, how about him?
Yankthattoffee2
Yankthattoffee2

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2023-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 03 Sep 2024, 1:34 pm

Yankthattoffee2 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

I think we have the players to give us a decent season. It's whether Dyche has their faith. How about his....
If Carsley is a filler at the FA, how about him?
for me it's still too early to fire Dyche... IF we did then I don't know who to come in... I always liked Moyes & I think he would sort it out.... Carsely, maybe, who really knows.

Unlike Rotts, I really DO give a massive shit if we go down... I believe that if we can weather the storm until we get into Bramley Moore then all will change.. our revenue will explode & hence our ability to get some quality in... that is when we need to start playing sexy football.. or whatever the fuck you want to call it.

As I think you said Yank.. we are only one win from being on the same points as United... and I'll add a mid-table position... there is a lot of shit teams in this league..... I think we are crap, but not as shit as some others.

btw... Leeds play creative, sexy (sic) football... and they are total arseholes... and deserve to be relegated again, again & again.

Number of posts : 41293
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4