606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Nottingham Forest.

+6
Yankthattoffee2
Made 4 Gwladys
Knight of Thorgothshire
hairy cataract
callmebubbles
SEFTON
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton v Nottingham Forest.

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 21 Apr 2024, 4:51 pm

The various football authorities will continue to shoot themselves in the foot, won't they? This was so easily avoided - just appoint a VAR official with no obvious vested interest in the result. Easy. As it is, Forest now have a VAR Luton fan to blame for their defeat, rather than the fact that Gibbs-White missed a sitter at 1-0 and that they're generally a bit shit at football.

Conspiracy theories aside, I have some sympathy for Forest, I was astonished that at least two of those pens weren't given, or at least referred to the monitor. But the PL is survival of the fittest, innit? Or survival of the luckiest. So fuck 'em. It's not often that fortune is on our side and I have no intention of feeling remotely guilty about it.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14845
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 21 Apr 2024, 4:54 pm

Great win in what was a cup final. Forest can rightly be pissed off. The officials were ion our side for a change. Beat the shite on Wednesday and we’re staying up.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 21 Apr 2024, 5:06 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:Massive win. Perhaps we'll survive another season.

Hope Beto is ok.

Just a word for Anthony Taylor. How shite is he?
This much Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251

Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251

I hate to say it but Forest should have had 2 penos courtesy of Ashley Young... maybe even three !
I'd have to disagree a bit here. There were three possible penalties that NF didn't get. We were fortunate there. Also felt like he let play go on instead of blowing for fouls left and right because players hit the ground looking for a freekick.
he was shite though Thor.... Young's handball in particular was a nailed on peno surely..... Suspect
I guess that's the part I call us fortunate. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74432
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 21 Apr 2024, 5:13 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:Massive win. Perhaps we'll survive another season.

Hope Beto is ok.

Just a word for Anthony Taylor. How shite is he?
This much Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251 Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251

Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 695251

I hate to say it but Forest should have had 2 penos courtesy of Ashley Young... maybe even three !
I'd have to disagree a bit here. There were three possible penalties that NF didn't get. We were fortunate there. Also felt like he let play go on instead of blowing for fouls left and right because players hit the ground looking for a freekick.
he was shite though Thor.... Young's handball in particular was a nailed on peno surely..... Suspect
I guess that's the part I call us fortunate. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 21 Apr 2024, 5:33 pm

If today’s result was the other way round do you think Notts Forest fans would give Evertonians the same respect by saying they were lucky or should have had three pens? Not on your life ,Forest fans within two minutes of Kick/Off singing sign-on
End result Karma. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 21 Apr 2024, 5:34 pm

SEFTON wrote:If today’s result was the other way round do you think Notts Forest fans would give Evertonians the same respect by saying they were lucky or should have had three pens? Not on your life ,Forest fans within two minutes of Kick/Off singing sign-on
End result Karma. lol!
dead right Sef... fuck 'em.... and FTPL Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 21 Apr 2024, 6:32 pm

What a great day,,, I literally cannot remember the last time I felt this good after watching football.

COYB Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 Action-s

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 21 Apr 2024, 8:53 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:What a great day,,, I literally cannot remember the last time I felt this good after watching football.

COYB Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 Action-s
Yeah,me too feller, about time the gods shined on Everton. Let’s just hope they shine on Wednesday against them across the park. 
UTMBBs  cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 21 Apr 2024, 11:31 pm

Fuck me, we were dreadful again - but what a great three points. Everyone around me went "don't shoot!" when Gana shaped up to take a pot from outside the area, so the reaction was mostly grown men pissing themselves laughing when it went in. And then we rode our luck for the rest of the game. Nice strike from Dwight to wrap it up, though I wasn't really aware that we'd got away with the penalty shouts, cos I thought the ref was fucking terrible all day - he missed foul after foul, so I took no notice of their penno appeals.

Anyway, massive three points, which may well mean we have to suffer another fucking season of this dreadful anti-football as we struggle to remain in the PL yet again. I dunno, is it really worth it? Coventry played some lovely football today, can we not have some of that? Even if it is in the Championship?

I'm off to bed. That's me done at Goodison for the season, and thank fuck for that, although I will miss the laughs.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 21 Apr 2024, 11:45 pm

Watched MotD2 and I agree with the pundits - the first two aren't even penalties. Yeah we've seen them given, but they're not pens. The third decision, the tackle on Hudson-Odoi, is a shocker, hard to fathom how VAR hasn't spotted that one.

So, one really bad decision - big deal, we've had loads of them. Two others that "we've seen given before" - are they really saying they should have been given two iffy penalties because iffy penalties have been erroneously awarded in the past?

Forest have embarrassed themselves today. Oh, and here's a stonewall penalty that wasn't given against them in the playoff final two years ago, that got them into the PL in the first place.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 21 Apr 2024, 11:51 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Fuck me, we were dreadful again - but what a great three points.  Everyone around me went "don't shoot!" when Gana shaped up to take a pot from outside the area, so the reaction  was mostly grown men pissing themselves laughing when it went in.  And then we rode our luck for the rest of the game.  Nice strike from Dwight to wrap it up, though I wasn't really aware that we'd got away with the penalty shouts, cos I thought the ref was fucking terrible all day - he missed foul after foul, so I took no notice of their penno appeals.

Anyway, massive three points, which may well mean we have to suffer another fucking season of this dreadful anti-football as we struggle to remain in the PL yet again.  I dunno, is it really worth it?  Coventry played some lovely football today, can we not have some of that?  Even if it is in the Championship?

I'm off to bed.  That's me done at Goodison for the season, and thank fuck for that, although I will miss the laughs.  

Two minutes before he scored I was bemoaning our reluctance to shoot, and said to my lad that only McNeil and Gueye ever fancy it from outside the box, and that Gueye is terrible at it. He then scored from 20 yards.

And that is why I don't like to tempt fate. Because me and fate don't see eye to eye. But if it's this easy to get Everton to score - that I simply have to refer to, say, DCL's inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo - then how many do you want me to conjure up for him in the derby? I'll bad-mouth him all game on Wednesday, he'll be sure to bag a hat-trick.

Sounded like the crowd was up for this one. And a first half goal always helps in that regard, to keep them upbeat.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 22 Apr 2024, 8:45 am

hairy cataract wrote:Fuck me, we were dreadful again - but what a great three points.  Everyone around me went "don't shoot!" when Gana shaped up to take a pot from outside the area, so the reaction  was mostly grown men pissing themselves laughing when it went in.  And then we rode our luck for the rest of the game.  Nice strike from Dwight to wrap it up, though I wasn't really aware that we'd got away with the penalty shouts, cos I thought the ref was fucking terrible all day - he missed foul after foul, so I took no notice of their penno appeals.

Anyway, massive three points, which may well mean we have to suffer another fucking season of this dreadful anti-football as we struggle to remain in the PL yet again.  I dunno, is it really worth it?  Coventry played some lovely football today, can we not have some of that?  Even if it is in the Championship?

I'm off to bed.  That's me done at Goodison for the season, and thank fuck for that, although I will miss the laughs.  

If I'm honest I thought the keeper could have saved IGG's goal .. I think Pickford would save that.

If we went to the Championship as we are. we would be even worse as the players who think they are good (probably most of them) will piss off... we'd be even worse than now, and that is hard to fathom... but we would have Maupay & Holgate back from loan .... yey

...however it would be different having a relegation scrap in the Championship.... then League one after that Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 22 Apr 2024, 8:49 am

btw... the club posted this earlier....

Good News Beto left the hospital last night
Everything was all clear from the scans

Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 Action-s

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 22 Apr 2024, 9:47 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:btw... the club posted this earlier....

Good News Beto left the hospital last night
Everything was all clear from the scans

Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 Action-s

Reminds me of the old (possibly apocryphal) Scottish footy gag, about a player who'd been knocked out back in the 80's when you just gave them smelling salts and let them go back out.

Manager: "how is he?"
Physio: "not great boss, he doesn't know who he is."
Manager: "well tell him he's Pele and get him back on."

One thing I will say about the Beto incident is that the ref, who I think was generally poor, called for the physio immediately and the physios were out there in seconds. In fact the lead physio should be in our 4x100 relay team for the Olympics. Football has improved so much in that regard. Perhaps not surprisingly given that even players like Maupay cost millions of pounds.

And I then got wondering about a couple of earlier incidents, apparent "head injuries", when he didn't stop play and call for the physio. Was the ref certain that they were basically bouts of playacting, and therefore did the right thing in letting the game flow while whichever twat was on the floor got up sheepishly? He has to be certain in such instances, but fair play to him if that was the case. Players taking advantage of these head injury rules to tactically stop the game is one of the most morally reprehensible aspects of modern football. It happens a lot in Spain. If you're defending a 1-0 lead with a few minutes left over there, go down clutching your head whenever you are challenged for a header. They wouldn't feign an Eriksen, would they? Actually they would, if it were in their own interests to do so.

Again, it's the kind of thing that I'm convinced is practiced on the training ground - ordered, not just condoned, by managers. And they then blame refs for all of their failings. They put in so much effort cheating refs, and then lose and say "that ref, eh? What a twat" while glossing over the defensive errors and missed sitters that are the real reason why they lost the game.

Modern professional football is more Tory than Thatcher. Absolutely everything driven by ruthless self-interest with no concern whatsoever for the wider good of the game. There are no red lines that can't be crossed, no amount of personal embarrassment too much if it achieves what you want it to achieve.

Sorry, that morphed rather quickly from "how is Beto?" to a rant about the modern game, but I'm still thinking about that extraordinary Forest tweet. And I also read the BBC Sport "Bellingham strikes late as Real beat furious Barcelona" headline this morning, and just sighed. Why are they furious, I asked myself, but genuinely couldn't be bothered to read the article and find out. I daresay they're furious about some marginal ref call, and not about their own defending or their own finishing.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee2 Mon 22 Apr 2024, 10:13 am

Jags one MOTD. Penalty calls pretty much on the money.
Apart from using the "tangent" erroneously, I think Jags has eyes on TV punditry.
Yankthattoffee2
Yankthattoffee2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2023-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 22 Apr 2024, 10:21 am

I've seen the pens on telly now and all three could easily have been given.  I'm particularly surprised the third one wasn't given by VAR.

We got  lucky, but on occasions we've been equally unlucky.  You could say VAR has made it marginally less likely that a bad decision is given, but in some ways that makes it even more frustrating for the players, fans and managers.

It's the football equivalent of the Toqueville Paradox (come on, you all know that one surely?), which suggests that the more social conditions improve  (or in this case on-field decisions), the more you get angry at perceived injustices.

God, you get some intellectual stuff on here don't you?

Anyway, it was our turn to get the breaks.  Which probably means the RS will beat us 5-0 with five pens including an off-side pen.  And Forest will be given back all four of their deducted points, just to prove that the PL isn't conspiring against them.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 22 Apr 2024, 12:05 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I've seen the pens on telly now and all three could easily have been given.  I'm particularly surprised the third one wasn't given by VAR.

We got  lucky, but on occasions we've been equally unlucky.  You could say VAR has made it marginally less likely that a bad decision is given, but in some ways that makes it even more frustrating for the players, fans and managers.

It's the football equivalent of the Toqueville Paradox (come on, you all know that one surely?), which suggests that the more social conditions improve  (or in this case on-field decisions), the more you get angry at perceived injustices.

God, you get some intellectual stuff on here don't you?

Anyway, it was our turn to get the breaks.  Which probably means the RS will beat us 5-0 with five pens including an off-side pen.  And Forest will be given back all four of their deducted points, just to prove that the PL isn't conspiring against them.

You may recall that I discussed the Toqueville Paradox in my celebrated earlier paper, "Why Can't I Get Bombay Duck In Indian Restaurants Anymore, Is This Down To The Fucking EU?" in which I proposed direct action against nanny state legislators, including the removal of hubcaps from their cars. Still fuming about it to be honest, after all these years.

The RS can do whatever they want with us now, as far as I'm concerned. And they probably will, they don't need my permission for that. But yesterday was the big one. As long as the Shite don't damage our goal difference too much. Incredible to think that despite the 6-0 Chelsea drubbing we still have a better defensive record than every team outside the top 3. And the next best defensive record? Equally remarkably, Man U. Funny old game.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 22 Apr 2024, 4:25 pm

NF keep on going....

Forest ask PGMOL to release audio from Everton game.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/clw0g501q0xo
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 22 Apr 2024, 4:35 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:NF keep on going....

I've heard a bit of it:

Ref: Was it a foul?
VAR: sorry mate, I was watching the cricket
Ref: What?
VAR: this game's dull as fuck, so I'm watching the cricket. Do you think it was a foul?
Ref: Well, no, but I didn't have a great view
VAR: Fuck 'em, it's only Forest. It's not like it's one of the big teams, so nobody will give a shit. Anyway, City sent me a magnum of champagne last week, and Liverpool bought a time-share in Lanzarote for PGMOL holidays but Forest have given me fuck all. Just wave play on and I'll get back to the cricket.
Ref: What if Forest make a fuss?
VAR: What will they do, demand a replay? Fuck 'em, play on mate.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 22 Apr 2024, 4:44 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

I've heard a bit of it:

Ref:  Was it a foul?
VAR:  sorry mate, I was watching the cricket
VAR:  this game's dull as fuck, so I'm watching the cricket.  Do you think it was a foul?
VAR: Fuck 'em, it's only Forest.  It's not like it's one of the big teams, so nobody will give a shit.  Anyway, City sent me a magnum of champagne last week, and Liverpool bought a time-share in Lanzarote for PGMOL holidays but Forest have given me fuck all.  Just wave play on and I'll get back to the cricket.
VAR: What will they do, demand a replay?  Fuck 'em, play on mate.
Sounds about right.

It sure would be interesting though if the three incidents that NF are referring to happened to one of the "big" clubs. You know they would get the calls. I'm thinking that's really what Forest are after. And it's hard to argue with that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee2 Mon 22 Apr 2024, 5:23 pm

They may well be going for the sympathy vote when their hearing comes up this week.
Every little helps'
Yankthattoffee2
Yankthattoffee2

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2023-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 22 Apr 2024, 8:01 pm

Yankthattoffee2 wrote:

They may well be going for the sympathy vote when their hearing comes up this week.
Every little helps'

Bingo. Bang on. Nail on head. One hundred and eightyyyyyyyyy.

Like a striker who feigns injury when he hasn't been touched, to try to get a red card for the oppo, it's embarrassing and it probably won't work but it's worth a try because This Is Football, where shame and self-respect are subordinate to ruthless self-interest.

Also they whacked next year's season ticket prices up by 23% last week. Maybe they're deflecting from that.

I'm so appalled by Forest's behaviour that I've ORDERED my daughter to leave Nottingham just as soon as she graduates in May. I've allowed her a small period of five weeks afterwards to see out the duration of her rental contract and to celebrate with her mates but then I want her out of there. No compromise. Unless she wants to do a Masters.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 22 Apr 2024, 8:51 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee2 wrote:

Every little helps'

Like a striker who feigns injury when he hasn't been touched, to try to get a red card for the oppo, it's embarrassing and it probably won't work but it's worth a try because This Is Football, where shame and self-respect are subordinate to ruthless self-interest.

Also they whacked next year's season ticket prices up by 23% last week. Maybe they're deflecting from that.

I'm so appalled by Forest's behaviour that I've ORDERED my daughter to leave Nottingham just as soon as she graduates in May. I've allowed her a small period of five weeks afterwards to see out the duration of her rental contract and to celebrate with her mates but then I want her out of there. No compromise. Unless she wants to do a Masters.
I worked in Nottingham when I was early 20's... there were 3 girls to every bloke in the town clubs .... trust me Rotts, get her out... they are rampant sex machines those Nottingham gals bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Apr 2024, 10:02 am

hairy cataract wrote:

I've heard a bit of it:

Ref:  Was it a foul?
VAR:  sorry mate, I was watching the cricket
VAR:  this game's dull as fuck, so I'm watching the cricket.  Do you think it was a foul?
VAR: Fuck 'em, it's only Forest.  It's not like it's one of the big teams, so nobody will give a shit.  Anyway, City sent me a magnum of champagne last week, and Liverpool bought a time-share in Lanzarote for PGMOL holidays but Forest have given me fuck all.  Just wave play on and I'll get back to the cricket.
VAR: What will they do, demand a replay?  Fuck 'em, play on mate.
Everton v Nottingham Forest. - Page 3 830563

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 23 Apr 2024, 11:44 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee2 wrote:

Every little helps'

I worked in Nottingham when I was early 20's... there were 3 girls to every bloke in the town clubs .... trust me Rotts, get her out... they are rampant sex machines those Nottingham gals bounce bounce

I ain't too concerned mate, she's sort of "parked" the boy thing while at Uni (well that's what she tells us anyway... Suspect )

She had a couple of bad experiences with lads who turned out to be twats in her last year of A levels and first year of Uni, and she's rather single-minded and focused, she wants a First. So I think she's given up knobheads and all those distractions until after she graduates. Doubtless she'll then make up for lost time, and THAT'S when we'll have the problems! Very Happy
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3