606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

37 - James Garner - future engine room

+5
Tonteau
Rotterdam 1985
hairy cataract
callmebubbles
Made 4 Gwladys
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

37 - James Garner - future engine room - Page 2 Empty Re: 37 - James Garner - future engine room

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 02 Jul 2023, 8:38 pm

apparently he's been playing very well indeed for the England U21s at Right Back ....

... just sayin'

Number of posts : 41045
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

37 - James Garner - future engine room - Page 2 Empty Re: 37 - James Garner - future engine room

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 03 Jul 2023, 4:03 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:apparently he's been playing very well indeed for the England U21s at Right Back ....

... just sayin'
He seemed to like that wing back role against Bournemouth.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 03 Jul 2023, 5:17 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:apparently he's been playing very well indeed for the England U21s at Right Back ....

... just sayin'
He seemed to like that wing back role against Bournemouth.

He's a bright lad. I reckon he could play anywhere. I also reckon he could open the batting for Lancashire (not England though, not yet, let's not get silly here) and I've just stuck a fiver on him to win this years World Darts Championships.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 03 Jul 2023, 5:46 pm

He's a very versatile player, but I feel we might waste him at RB. Probably more useful as a classic number 8.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 08 Jul 2023, 7:18 pm

U21 European champion right back ... should keep Seamus on his toes better than Patterson does

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 07 Oct 2023, 11:41 pm

I'm starting to get quite excited about this lad. I've seen some highlights from today's game, plus MoTD. Look at the way he looks around him before he slots his goal home, that gave me Scholes vibes. He seems to be in complete control of what he's doing.

Reading through this thread, there were some reports when we signed him that United had a buy-back clause, but then that seemed to get poo-poo'd. I hope he doesn't have one, at least not one of those that can be activated against our will. This boy can play, keep him in the middle, he's the future of this team.

Harrison, Garner, Onana and McNeil is a young, hard-working midfield with no little intelligence and skill between them. It's not quite Sheedy, Bracewell, Reid and Steven yet, but keep them together and let them develop, and they may yet lead us to the promised land of mediocrity and last game on MoTD.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 08 Oct 2023, 12:02 am

Agreed Rotts. He’s got something about him. Humble enough to play right back in the crucial game against the same opponents last year, too. I’m glad we’re not wasting him there now, kid needs to be in the midfield. Not had a player like him in a long time.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 08 Oct 2023, 1:47 am

Tonteau wrote:Agreed Rotts. He’s got something about him. Humble enough to play right back in the crucial game against the same opponents last year, too. I’m glad we’re not wasting him there now, kid needs to be in the midfield. Not had a player like him in a long time.

The old cliché comes to mind - "the game isn't too fast for him". That's what I mean about him being in total control. He had the wit and the time to look around him for danger before his goal today - most strikers don't even do that. It's only a little thing but it tells me a lot. And the finish was clinical. And he's hardly played any games in the Prem in central midfield. Keep him there and watch him improve. He'll own games, and I think he might bring the best out of Onana as well. I just get the feeling they'll work well together. They'll own games between them.

Ah, maybe I'm getting carried away by one win again, can't help myself. I'm just wondering whether Dyche has stumbled upon his best midfield, through timing and injuries.

All of this isn't meant as a dig at Idrissa, who I admire and who, in certain games, I've been thankful he's been on the pitch. But Idrissa belongs in a better team really, he's a Lidl Roy Keane, someone who wins the ball and then gives it to someone technically better to use it. If we depend on Idrissa for distribution and creativity in midfield then we'll always struggle. And he's 34, Garner and Onana are both 22.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 19 Feb 2024, 3:16 am

Tottenham are planning a summer move for Everton's 22-year-old English midfielder James Garner.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 19 Feb 2024, 10:52 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Tottenham are planning a summer move for Everton's 22-year-old English midfielder James Garner.

Unfortunately I can totally see this happening, a logical move for Spuds. Bissouma has been inconsistent and they're still using Oliver Skipp, a kind of superior Tom Davies, off the bench quite a lot.

Skipp isn't that bad a player actually, allowing for his limitations, but he's no Garner. This would be an upgrade for Spuds and he strikes me as being a very Ange sort of player.

Alas, Garner is probably at their level and Skipp is more our level. Modern football reality gives us a hefty kick in the 'nads yet again.

That said, could be bollocks.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 19 Feb 2024, 11:29 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Unfortunately I can totally see this happening, a logical move for Spuds. Bissouma has been inconsistent and they're still using Oliver Skipp, a kind of superior Tom Davies, off the bench quite a lot.

Skipp isn't that bad a player actually, allowing for his limitations, but he's no Garner. This would be an upgrade for Spuds and he strikes me as being a very Ange sort of player.

Alas, Garner is probably at their level and Skipp is more our level. Modern football reality gives us a hefty kick in the 'nads yet again.

swap for Richie works for me

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 19 Feb 2024, 12:56 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

swap for Richie works for me

Richie and Son. And that Mickey Van Ven wotshisface.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2