606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ManUre v Everton

+6
Blue gazza
callmebubbles
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
Knight of Thorgothshire
Rotterdam 1985
10 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

ManUre v Everton - Page 6 Empty Re: ManUre v Everton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 03 Oct 2021, 1:10 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:There was some discussion about Tom Davies and why he didn't take the shot and passed to Mina instead for the offside goal. I have thought some more about it and I can't blame Davies for doing what he did even though he should have seen or "felt" that Mina was in an offside position.

Davies' confidence must be pretty low with him not seeing much of the pitch as of late and IF he were to take the shot and not score, everybody would say that he was a selfish cunt and should have passed to Mina.

If anything, Mina should have not jumped the gun and run offside. He should have known better.

But as also discussed earlier, I would have taken a point before the game started, so all good.
I agree KOT... Tom did well I thought & in that instance it's down to Mina to ensure he is ready to receive the ball & be onside... if that was Richie or Townsend on the wing they would have shot... but they are natural attackers & Tom is not

..and by the same token Mina is not a striker so it's not surprising he didn't check properly... DCL would have been onside there for sure

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 03 Oct 2021, 1:30 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:There was some discussion about Tom Davies and why he didn't take the shot and passed to Mina instead for the offside goal. I have thought some more about it and I can't blame Davies for doing what he did even though he should have seen or "felt" that Mina was in an offside position.

Davies' confidence must be pretty low with him not seeing much of the pitch as of late and IF he were to take the shot and not score, everybody would say that he was a selfish cunt and should have passed to Mina.

If anything, Mina should have not jumped the gun and run offside. He should have known better.

But as also discussed earlier, I would have taken a point before the game started, so all good.
I agree KOT... Tom did well I thought & in that instance it's down to Mina to ensure he is ready to receive the ball & be onside... if that was Richie or Townsend on the wing they would have shot... but they are natural attackers & Tom is not

..and by the same token Mina is not a striker so it's not surprising he didn't check properly... DCL would have been onside there for sure

Yes, on reflection I think Tom Davies did the right thing - or certainly not the wrong thing, if you know what I mean. I would give him about a 20% chance of scoring if he'd hit it. I would only have given DCL about a 40% chance in fact. But squaring it to Mina gave about a 90% chance of the ball going in. The only thing wrong was the timing - either of Mina's run or Davies squaring it.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 03 Oct 2021, 1:49 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Yes, on reflection I think Tom Davies did the right thing - or certainly not the wrong thing, if you know what I mean.   I would give him about a 20% chance of scoring if he'd hit it.  I would only have given DCL about a 40% chance in fact.  But squaring it to Mina gave about a 90% chance of the ball going in.  The only thing wrong was the timing - either of Mina's run or Davies squaring it.
so we all agree that Tom is a better midfielder than that ponce fernandez... or poofy Pogba Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 03 Oct 2021, 2:16 pm

Agree with this, they said the same thing on MoTD last night about Davies's confidence. And yes, Mina should have stayed on, but he's centre back and they just get too excited to think when through on goal.

It stung a bit at the time particularly because when it flashed up on my phone that we'd gone 2-1 up, Chelsea were still drawing, so we looked like we were going top. But Chelsea ended up winning anyway.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14802
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 03 Oct 2021, 5:58 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Agree with this, they said the same thing on MoTD last night about Davies's confidence. And yes, Mina should have stayed on, but he's centre back and they just get too excited to think when through on goal.

It stung a bit at the time particularly because when it flashed up on my phone that we'd gone 2-1 up, Chelsea were still drawing, so we looked like we were going top. But Chelsea ended up winning anyway.
I almost brought the roof down when Mina scored ... I yelled so loud my Mrs actually yelled back to shut the fuck up or the neighbours would be complaining... fucking VAR... it's ruining the immediate reaction ... even if it is correct most of the time

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 03 Oct 2021, 9:00 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I almost brought the roof down when Mina scored ... I yelled so loud my Mrs actually yelled back to shut the fuck up or the neighbours would be complaining... fucking VAR... it's ruining the immediate reaction ... even if it is correct most of the time
It's the speed of thought needed at the elite level. At the point of the pass Lil Tom has to make that judgement in a nanosecond. It has to be a shot. At that point I shout "no!" cause it looked off.
How about Milner though? affraid
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 04 Oct 2021, 9:48 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

It's the speed of thought needed at the elite level. At the point of the pass Lil Tom has to make that judgement in a nanosecond. It has to be a shot. At that point I shout "no!" cause it looked off.
How about Milner though?  affraid

Milner should have gone for the foul that wasn't given on Foden just outside the box, let alone for the obvious second yellow. And does anyone else think that Salah's goal is being a bit overhyped now? "One of the best goals of the Premier League era"? I mean, it was a great goal of course, but when I saw it on MOTD I expected him to have done a Maradona or something, not just a decent bit of close control and a nice finish.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 04 Oct 2021, 10:11 am

Everything is hyped with the red wankers. If Allisson had made the save Pickford did v Cavani on Saturday it would have been classed as world class instead of Keowns 'he did ok' crap comment. He is a fucking useless summariser!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 04 Oct 2021, 10:49 am

callmebubbles wrote:Everything is hyped with the red wankers. If Allisson had made the save Pickford did v Cavani on Saturday it would have been classed as world class instead of Keowns 'he did ok' crap comment. He is a fucking useless summariser!!

Keown is ridiculous. He did that all through the match - if we did something good it was because of a Utd error.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6