606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Man U

+5
Lumper
Da Judge
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Armchair
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everton v Man U Empty Everton v Man U

Post  Armchair Thu 27 Feb 2020, 7:07 am

Sunday, 2pm. We need to bounce back from the disappointing result at the Emirates. The defence needs to tighten up for sure but I think we might nick this 2-1 (Richie and DCL again).
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Everton v Man U Empty Re: Everton v Man U

Post  hairy cataract Thu 27 Feb 2020, 8:47 pm

Slightly concerned that Man Ure seem to be finding a bit of form and have got a good 'un in that Bruno Fernandez fella. Fucking HATE his penalty routine though, what a massive fucking helmet he is. Can't wait for him to miss one.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 28 Feb 2020, 8:54 am

Hoping Ancelotti drops Sigurdsson for the United game,he's just been going through the motions with out any energy or creativity,
Digne will be back in place of Leighton Baines. big question is? another who had a shocker against Arsenal ''Iwobi'' but with Walcott out, can we afford to drop Iwobi?

going for a toffee win 1-0

UTFT's:cheers:
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 28 Feb 2020, 1:27 pm

Just to throw a bit of panic into the discussion.... I wonder how this whole coronavirus thing is going to play out?  We're probably days, or at best weeks, away from a full-on pandemic, and big events are starting to be cancelled. What are the odds of this season actually being completed?  

Still, on the bright side, we might all be about to die but the Shite won't win the league unless they wrap it up in the next couple of games sunny

edit: Just googled and found this
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8056083/Liverpool-NOT-assured-title-Government-orders-games-cancelled-coronavirus.html

Every cloud....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 28 Feb 2020, 1:36 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Just to throw a bit of panic into the discussion.... I wonder how this whole coronavirus thing is going to play out?  We're probably days, or at best weeks, away from a full-on pandemic, and big events are starting to be cancelled. What are the odds of this season actually being completed?  

Still, on the bright side, we might all be about to die but the Shite won't win the league unless they wrap it up in the next couple of games sunny

edit:  Just googled and found this
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8056083/Liverpool-NOT-assured-title-Government-orders-games-cancelled-coronavirus.html

Every cloud....

I'd love it lol! lol!

But there would be an appeal and the RS would be awarded the title on the basis that they were top when the league was cancelled.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 28 Feb 2020, 2:50 pm

Armchair wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Just to throw a bit of panic into the discussion.... I wonder how this whole coronavirus thing is going to play out?  We're probably days, or at best weeks, away from a full-on pandemic, and big events are starting to be cancelled. What are the odds of this season actually being completed?  

Every cloud....

I'd love it lol! lol!

But there would be an appeal and the RS would be awarded the title on the basis that they were top when the league was cancelled.

Also on the plus side? Anthony Martial is a doubt for Sundays game against Everton.
If United play Ingalo ? The game could be abandoned due to Corona-Virus.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 28 Feb 2020, 3:35 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Armchair wrote:

Every cloud....

I'd love it lol! lol!

Also on the plus side? Anthony Martial is a doubt for Sundays game against Everton.
If United play Ingalo ? The game could be abandoned due to Corona-Virus.

My gut feeling is that this will be my last game of the season. I really don't fancy coming up for the derby, especially as there's a good chance that the Shite will wrap up the title by (as usual) beating us, and then it's Leicester on another Monday night which is a pain in the arse for me. Will there be any more games after that? Only time will tell with the current situation. If they start closing schools and workplaces every time someone gets infected, then it will be total shutdown by April.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Fri 28 Feb 2020, 6:16 pm

Every cloud....

On a serious note .... I don't work directly in Pharma any more... but have been talking to friends and apparently next 6-7 days are critical. Two little pieces of information are crucial to be understood... the resources available to track down the anonymous carrier (e.g. the woman in California who presented with flu like symptoms but having no contact with anyone who had travelled and not travelling herself she was not diagnosed till late - 7 days) - She appears to have community-based infection. That means she has to identify anyone she has come into contact with - descriptions, times locations. etc.

More challenging is the fact that Japanese patient had been through infection then recovered only to reacquire disease more aggressively (weakened immune system). Viruses have a habitual ability to mutate and adapt into a slightly different form - this is why we can get flu in different years. The Vaccines we create and manufacture are actually last years model and we are trying to assess how next year will turn out. This is why some vaccines are more effective than others.

I actually do think - sports events will be cancelled and tat includes horse racing, rugby, soccer, Grand Prix etc. I would expect that we will go through such a ban to end of March April at least.

If the Shoite did get frustrated then just maybe they would feel that twinge of angst we felt when we were robbed of European Cup participation.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:23 pm

A helping hand from De Gea. Hopefully we can hit them on the counter now.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:32 pm

Fuck, Fernandes.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:33 pm

Pickford should have saved that.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:34 pm

Armchair wrote:Pickford should have saved that.

He’s an absolute liability.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:41 pm

Lumper wrote:

Needs dropping.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:43 pm

Lumper wrote:

cash in, in the summer imo
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:45 pm

Blue gazza wrote:
Lumper wrote:

We'll make a loss on him though.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:47 pm

Feisty game now. Can't see it ending without a red card.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 01 Mar 2020, 2:54 pm

Armchair wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:
Lumper wrote:

We'll make a loss on him though.

He might have a good Euros with England. Cash in when the hype is high.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Mar 2020, 3:55 pm

Fucking VAR
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 01 Mar 2020, 3:55 pm

VAR is fucking shit

Boooooooooooooooooo

Everton v Man U 695251 Everton v Man U 695251 Everton v Man U 695251

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 01 Mar 2020, 4:03 pm

Red card for Carlo. Isn't that Duncan's job?

Anyway, good point against an improving United.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 01 Mar 2020, 4:45 pm

A draw was arguably a fair result, but I still can't understand why Siggi was deemed interfering with De Gea on the 2nd goal. Doesn't make sense to me.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 02 Mar 2020, 9:18 am

I thought we deserved three points from that. I really didn't see our strong second half coming, thought Man Ure would win 3-1 at half time.

VAR is a mess. Clearly Siggi was in an offside position, which the ref and lino would have seen - never mind VAR. So the only question was interfering with play. Surely that is up to the ref not VAR? Surely VAR can only make objective decisions in this situation, like did the ball hit Siggi on the way in? So VAR should have said to the ref "did you see he was in an offside position?" and the ref says yes I did. The end. Now if the ball had hit Siggi and the ref hadn't seen it, then fair enough rule it out. But that didn't happen.

Robbed again. Fuck VAR.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 02 Mar 2020, 4:01 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I thought we deserved three points from that. I really didn't see our strong second half coming, thought Man Ure would win 3-1 at half time.

VAR is a mess.  Clearly Siggi was in an offside position, which the ref and lino would have seen - never mind VAR.  So the only question was interfering with play.  Surely that is up to the ref not VAR?  Surely VAR can only make objective decisions in this situation, like did the ball hit Siggi on the way in?  So VAR should have said to the ref "did you see he was in an offside position?" and the ref says yes I did.  The end.  Now if the ball had hit Siggi and the ref hadn't seen it, then fair enough rule it out.  But that didn't happen.

Robbed again.  Fuck VAR.
and by the way... Siggy was totally wiped out by a late challenge (which is why he was on the fucking ground in the first place !!)... Why didn't wanky VAR give a penalty, which is one of the things it's actually MEANT to look at ????

...boooooooooooooo

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 02 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I thought we deserved three points from that. I really didn't see our strong second half coming, thought Man Ure would win 3-1 at half time.

VAR is a mess.  Clearly Siggi was in an offside position, which the ref and lino would have seen - never mind VAR.  So the only question was interfering with play.  Surely that is up to the ref not VAR?  Surely VAR can only make objective decisions in this situation, like did the ball hit Siggi on the way in?  So VAR should have said to the ref "did you see he was in an offside position?" and the ref says yes I did.  The end.  Now if the ball had hit Siggi and the ref hadn't seen it, then fair enough rule it out.  But that didn't happen.

Robbed again.  Fuck VAR.
The Assistant ref never left the corner flag area, so he clearly felt there was doubt.
Everything else that's been said is right on the money.
The one thing that may have been crucial, was that ALL Everton players were over by the church, leaving De Gea and Maguire to have an uninterrupted moan and swaying of the decision. Even when a few of our players saw the Man United / officials get-together, none of them chased over to put in our twopenneth. ALL CL tams would have chased over there in short order.
Anyway, entertaining game and Carlo endears himself to the GP faithful, and Big Dunc gets the chance to menace Frank again.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 03 Mar 2020, 7:04 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51707268

Charged but.... "Ancelotti will not get a touchline ban but will be fined £8,000 if he accepts the charge before Thursday's deadline."
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next