606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RS v Everton

+5
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Armchair
SEFTON
hairy cataract
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RS v Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: RS v Everton

Post  hairy cataract Wed 04 Dec 2019, 11:03 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Only real question to answer is whether it's more harmful to sack Silva now, when we obviously don't have anyone lined up, or try and get someone semi-decent lined up first?

I don't think that's a question any more. Silva can't be put in charge on Saturday, he'll be crucified by the fans. And the players need to see change too, they all looked terrified tonight. And also, our tactics were shocking - I'm no expert but I could see the RS knocking route one balls and diagonals all night and we didn't drop deeper to stop them running into acres of space. It was like we wanted to lose. Couldn't have actually made it easier for the shite.

He's got to go, and I'd be amazed if there isn't a press conference called in the morning. Someone will take over temporarily. I just hope it isn't Moyes, but I have a terrible feeling it will be.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 05 Dec 2019, 12:44 am

Feck VAR. Feck all Kopites. Feck Klopp, Feck MOTD, Feck all refs.

RS v Everton - Page 2 186792
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 05 Dec 2019, 8:55 am

I thought VAR was there to make sure correct decisions were made. It seems like the only 'correction' being made this season is in addressing the massive injustice of LiVARpool not having won the league in so long.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 05 Dec 2019, 9:00 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:I might cancel my Amazon Prime membership for tonight. Laughing
Do they show the games there?

They've got two rounds of fixtures this season where they are showing all ten games. This round is the first, and the second starts on Boxing Day. To be fair, if they had more rounds it would make Liverpool TV redundant such was the level of gushing. They didn't even bother mentioning the Van Dijk penalty at half time, nor the shitty challenges put in by their full backs. There was a whole segment prior to kick off dedicated to Kop Karaoke. Kim Jong-un would've been proud of that broadcast.

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:29 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:I might cancel my Amazon Prime membership for tonight. Laughing

They've got two rounds of fixtures this season where they are showing all ten games. This round is the first, and the second starts on Boxing Day. To be fair, if they had more rounds it would make Liverpool TV redundant such was the level of gushing. They didn't even bother mentioning the Van Dijk penalty at half time, nor the shitty challenges put in by their full backs. There was a whole segment prior to kick off dedicated to Kop Karaoke. Kim Jong-un would've been proud of that broadcast.

Indeed. Clearly, the Shite were in another league to us last night, but the Amazon coverage was ridiculous. Ally McCoist was having a wank every time the Shite got the ball, and the entire commentary was dedicated to a RS love-in. The half time segment went: Ok, which RS goal was the best? Here's the first, here's the second - oh and then Everton sneaked one but we won't show that - here's the third and here's the fourth.

I actually ended up turning the sound off. McCoist sounded like a RS fan at his first game.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 05 Dec 2019, 11:47 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

Indeed.  Clearly, the Shite were in another league to us last night, but the Amazon coverage was ridiculous.   Ally McCoist was having a wank every time the Shite got the ball, and the entire commentary was dedicated to a RS love-in.  The half time segment went:   Ok, which RS goal was the best?  Here's the first, here's the second - oh and then Everton sneaked one but we won't show that - here's the third and here's the fourth.  

I actually ended up turning the sound off.  McCoist sounded like a RS fan at his first game.

Actually sent my RS mate a text saying just that during the coverage. Just show the Shite's goals. Don't mind us; perhaps give Everton a little mention at the end once you're all covered in Peter Crouch's spunk.

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 05 Dec 2019, 2:52 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:Only real question to answer is whether it's more harmful to sack Silva now, when we obviously don't have anyone lined up, or try and get someone semi-decent lined up first?

I don't think that's a question any more.  Silva can't be put in charge on Saturday, he'll be crucified by the fans.  And the players need to see change too, they all looked terrified tonight.  And also, our tactics were shocking - I'm no expert but I could see the RS knocking route one balls and diagonals all night and we didn't drop deeper to stop them running into acres of space.  It was like we wanted to lose.  Couldn't have actually made it easier for the shite.  

He's got to go, and I'd be amazed if there isn't a press conference called in the morning.  Someone will take over temporarily.  I just hope it isn't Moyes, but I have a terrible feeling it will be.

In fact I've had a rethink, having slept on it. I think we should give him a bit more time. Forget last night, the RS are in a different league to everyone at the moment. At least see if he can get a reaction for the home games coming up before New Year. If we were to win two games we'd be top half. If we lose the next 4, then granted we are in the shit, but if we make a change after that we should still be fine, providing the new manager kicks them into shape.

I've nothing against Silva. He seems a nice bloke, and he seems honest. It does seem like he's out of his depth, but let's put an end to this culture of demanding instant. If we stick with him for a few more games, we'll really find out what sort of character he is. If he turns it around, it'll be a big boost for everyone. If we implode, ok, send him on his way and make the change.

An interesting stat I read last night was that the last time Liverpool stuck 5 past us, was in 1982 with Howard Kendall in charge.

If the crowd gets behind him and the team on Saturday, we may be surprised.

Anyway, obviously hardly anyone will agree with me, and he's probably been sacked while I typed, but that's my two pence worth.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 05 Dec 2019, 3:43 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I don't think that's a question any more.  Silva can't be put in charge on Saturday, he'll be crucified by the fans.  And the players need to see change too, they all looked terrified tonight.  And also, our tactics were shocking - I'm no expert but I could see the RS knocking route one balls and diagonals all night and we didn't drop deeper to stop them running into acres of space.  It was like we wanted to lose.  Couldn't have actually made it easier for the shite.  

He's got to go, and I'd be amazed if there isn't a press conference called in the morning.  Someone will take over temporarily.  I just hope it isn't Moyes, but I have a terrible feeling it will be.

In fact I've had a rethink, having slept on it. I think we should give him a bit more time. Forget last night, the RS are in a different league to everyone at the moment. At least see if he can get a reaction for the home games coming up before New Year. If we were to win two games we'd be top half. If we lose the next 4, then granted we are in the shit, but if we make a change after that we should still be fine, providing the new manager kicks them into shape.

I've nothing against Silva. He seems a nice bloke, and he seems honest. It does seem like he's out of his depth, but let's put an end to this culture of demanding instant. If we stick with him for a few more games, we'll really find out what sort of character he is. If he turns it around, it'll be a big boost for everyone. If we implode, ok, send him on his way and make the change.

An interesting stat I read last night was that the last time Liverpool stuck 5 past us, was in 1982 with Howard Kendall in charge.

Anyway, obviously hardly anyone will agree with me, and he's probably been sacked while I typed, but that's my two pence worth.

I sort of agree. Not because I have much faith in Silva's ability to turn it around but because I worry about how our board will handle choosing his successor. At least leave him in place until we have a replacement lined up so we can avoid the debacle of another Big Sam/Moyes as temporary manager.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:19 pm

Armchair wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I sort of agree. Not because I have much faith in Silva's ability to turn it around but because I worry about how our board will handle choosing his successor. At least leave him in place until we have a replacement lined up so we can avoid the debacle of another Big Sam/Moyes as temporary manager.

I think you both need medical intervention.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 05 Dec 2019, 5:52 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I think you both need medical intervention.
RS v Everton - Page 2 F_laugh

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 05 Dec 2019, 7:41 pm

I hope the Moyes and Cahill rumours aren't true but seems unlikely we can get anyone else at this stage. I suppose they think having Cahill onboard will soften fan discontent a bit.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4515
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 05 Dec 2019, 7:58 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I hope the Moyes and Cahill rumours aren't true but seems unlikely we can get anyone else at this stage. I suppose they think having Cahill onboard will soften fan discontent a bit.
Didn't DM use TC for his farewell game, as a deflector? It worked at GP 5 years ago.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2