606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

+9
hairy cataract
Da Judge
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Sack the Juggler
Statman
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Blue gazza
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Page 5 Empty Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:44 pm

Pretty typical Everton: The Shite get trashed 5-0 and then we follow that up with an abysmal performance and get totally played off the park. At home.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:46 pm

Rooney booked. That's all down to frustration.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:47 pm

Alli with a decent shot there, tries to lob it in over Pickford but it's over the bar.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:47 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Rooney booked. That's all down to frustration.

he's is going to need a drink after this game
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:48 pm

4 minutes of added time.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:49 pm

The President wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Rooney booked. That's all down to frustration.

he's is going to need a drink after this game
So wrong, but lol! lol! lol! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:50 pm

Vlasic working hard in stoppage time despite the hopeless situation. Good to see.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:52 pm

DCL and Davaies should start from now on for Sandro and Klaassen. Both have done more in the odd 20 minutes than the other two during their time on the pitch.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

All over and the boos are heard all over Goodison. Well, apart from the away end.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:56 pm

We are 14th in the table. 4 points after 4 games. The opposition have been tough, but I am more worried about the total lack of creativity. The midfield is looking weak and the defence was simply all over the place today. It was closer to 0-5 than 1-3 to be fair.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sat 09 Sep 2017, 4:57 pm

Combination of old defenders and no striking options,going to be a long season for toothless Everton,Rooney hasn't the legs or magic wand.144 million down the drain.

Fuck off Koeman . affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:06 pm

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Page 5 695251 dire

Number of posts : 41045

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:20 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Page 5 695251 dire

Have we signed him as well
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 09 Sep 2017, 5:28 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Are Spurs turning in to a boogie-team for us? Just can't seem to get much from them as of late. They have pretty much joined the Shite as a boogie-team then.
They've certainly led us a merry dance.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 09 Sep 2017, 7:58 pm

One of the most abject performances I can remember.
Poor team selection, which proved itself almost immediately.
Jags knows how to play Kane. Ash does not!
Only Baines and Gana earned their crust this week. The rest were poor at best.
Start Vlasic and see what he's got. Seems to have a bit of pace, which would be a blessing.
Klassen is a write off already.
Sandro is no better for us, than Niasse was for Hull.
Sideways Schnide needs a big kick up the jacksy, to get him going. Slack all over the place.
Martina has a bit of pace. Ran Davies after 3 minutes, then never did it again, even when faced with a 1 on 1 with Eriksen. (and he can't defend!) Where was Holgate?
Defending was a shambles at times. Zingari league anyone?
We'll be lucky to get top half, once the Europa takes its toll.
Boooo!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Sep 2017, 10:12 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:We are 14th in the table. 4 points after 4 games. The opposition have been tough, but I am more worried about the total lack of creativity. The midfield is looking weak and the defence was simply all over the place today. It was closer to 0-5 than 1-3 to be fair.
Correction, we are 15th after Stoke picked up a point against Man Utd.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 10 Sep 2017, 7:16 pm

Unfortunately, I went to this one. If I wanted to be kind, I'd say that our season starts on Thursday, and then again when we play Bournemouth. We look miles off the Top Six, as far off as we've been in years, not just because we look really ordinary, but also because Spurs - like Chelsea and City so far this season - have looked so fucking good.

The really depressing thing for me is that this is Koeman's team now. I know we have to give the new signings like Klaasen and Sandro time to gel but they just look so mediocre compared to what I thought we might sign this window. There's no spark, no creativity, no pace, no clear system, no threat, no desire, no intent, no communication, no promise, no fucking nothing in our team right now.

Hopefully we'll start looking good when we play shit teams, and we'll still manage to finish 7th, but this is a desparately uninspiring team at the moment. Maybe when Coleman and Bolasie come back we'll improve, maybe this new lad from Split will be a world beater, maybe Lookman will get more game time once he turns 16, but all that feels like clutching at straws to me.

I can't believe we've managed to go backwards instead of progress under our new manager and owner.

After our game at White Hart Lane last season, I said that Spurs were where we should be aiming to be under the new regime. I thought we'd move a step towards that this season, but on the evidence so far, we've moved into reverse. There was a moment yesterday when I genuinely missed Roberto Martinez.

That's how bad it is.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 10 Sep 2017, 10:35 pm

One of my Bullens buddies said as much when we took on Koeman.
"It will be unflashy, compact footy. No step overs, no Cryuff's, but dour defending to get a result....etc"
I disagreed with him then, but seem to be in awe of his prediction.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 11 Sep 2017, 11:04 am

To be fair to Koeman, and as I've said on here previously, this season is going to be a transition season. When spuds got rid of Bale and bought in 7 replacements with the money, they were awful. But they have weathered that period and have been building steadily each season, and that is what we need to do.

Going to the Bournemouth game and I fully expect us to get battered, but hopefully win it with a moment of magic from someone.

Its Koeman's team, and it will take us several years before we are in a position to win the league.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 11 Sep 2017, 2:17 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:To be fair to Koeman, and as I've said on here previously, this season is going to be a transition season.  When spuds got rid of Bale and bought in 7 replacements with the money, they were awful.  But they have weathered that period and have been building steadily each season, and that is what we need to do.

Going to the Bournemouth game and I fully expect us to get battered, but hopefully win it with a moment of magic from someone.

Its Koeman's team, and it will take us several years before we are in a position to win the league.
I can see the transition argument to a certain extent, but I figured part of the reason to get the new signings in early was so they could gel during the preseason and the Europa League qualifiers. We look very lost out there, pretty much all over the pitch to be honest.

Winning the league? I would at the moment be more than happy with a 7th spot in the league for this season. After that, well, we'll see but Koeman might very well bugger off before too long based on his track record.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 11 Sep 2017, 2:58 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:To be fair to Koeman, and as I've said on here previously, this season is going to be a transition season.  When spuds got rid of Bale and bought in 7 replacements with the money, they were awful.  But they have weathered that period and have been building steadily each season, and that is what we need to do.

I can see the transition argument to a certain extent, but I figured part of the reason to get the new signings in early was so they could gel during the preseason and the Europa League qualifiers. We look very lost out there, pretty much all over the pitch to be honest.

Winning the league? I would at the moment be more than happy with a 7th spot in the league for this season. After that, well, we'll see but Koeman might very well bugger off before too long based on his track record.
we were never going to win the league from the minute I put a rather large each way bet on it at 100-1.... we still had Lukaku then though Crying or Very sad

...sorry it's all my fault !

Number of posts : 41045

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 11 Sep 2017, 3:15 pm

Are we missing Barkley as much as Big Luke?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 11 Sep 2017, 4:24 pm

It's hard to see him being head-hunted at the moment.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 11 Sep 2017, 5:24 pm

Actually - this is his team ... his agreed targets that Walsh has assiduously gotten in.... he will be smarting from this - he will want to be given the chance to prove the squad can do it.... and he is the sort that leaves if he is not shown the appreciation (contractual and support) that he feels is necessary.... he is also a realist and he can happily reflect that in one summer we broke our transfer fee several times ..... he has been given the support.... on Saturday the ball genuinely 'wobbled' in its flight and it caught Jordan out... he made two world class saves after that and we were unlucky one went to the feet of Eriksen who could/should have been handled better (a case for Barry I feel) - Williams was markedly off the pace for the day Baines and Keene were very solid... It was not going to be when Sandro missed the chance early doors ... at the end of the day we are one point behind last years par.... and if you recognise that each of the Top Seven have 12 fixtures against the others we are after next week... already through 33% of them .... it is what happens next that matters...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 11 Sep 2017, 5:51 pm

Yes, but it was Villas-Boas and then Sherwood in charge the season after they sold Bale. They were dreadful. Pochettino came in the next season, brought a load of young players into the first team, including Dele Alli and Harry Kane, and they were immediately better - finished fifth the first season he was in charge and reached the League Cup final. The next season they nearly won the league. Koeman is already into his second season, and third transfer window, and we look as bad as Spurs did with Villas Boas in charge. Koeman might be our Villas Boas. In which case, we sack him in December, get Unsworth in til the end of the season, and whoever we appoint next summer is our Pochettino.

Simple.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next