606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

+9
hairy cataract
Da Judge
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Sack the Juggler
Statman
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Blue gazza
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur - Page 6 Empty Re: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 12 Sep - 12:33

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:To be fair to Koeman, and as I've said on here previously, this season is going to be a transition season.  When spuds got rid of Bale and bought in 7 replacements with the money, they were awful.  But they have weathered that period and have been building steadily each season, and that is what we need to do.

Going to the Bournemouth game and I fully expect us to get battered, but hopefully win it with a moment of magic from someone.

Its Koeman's team, and it will take us several years before we are in a position to win the league.
I can see the transition argument to a certain extent, but I figured part of the reason to get the new signings in early was so they could gel during the preseason and the Europa League qualifiers. We look very lost out there, pretty much all over the pitch to be honest.

Winning the league? I would at the moment be more than happy with a 7th spot in the league for this season. After that, well, we'll see but Koeman might very well bugger off before too long based on his track record.
Are we missing Barkley as much as Big Luke?

Simply put - No!
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 12 Sep - 12:56

Gravy & Chips wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:To be fair to Koeman, and as I've said on here previously, this season is going to be a transition season.  When spuds got rid of Bale and bought in 7 replacements with the money, they were awful.  But they have weathered that period and have been building steadily each season, and that is what we need to do.

Going to the Bournemouth game and I fully expect us to get battered, but hopefully win it with a moment of magic from someone.

Its Koeman's team, and it will take us several years before we are in a position to win the league.
I can see the transition argument to a certain extent, but I figured part of the reason to get the new signings in early was so they could gel during the preseason and the Europa League qualifiers. We look very lost out there, pretty much all over the pitch to be honest.

Winning the league? I would at the moment be more than happy with a 7th spot in the league for this season. After that, well, we'll see but Koeman might very well bugger off before too long based on his track record.

Simply put - No!
I think Barks has been overly maligned over his performances. So many times he drew opponents into him, laid it off and created space for others. Occasionally he'd make the wrong choice, but I'm seeing wrong choices being made all over the pitch right now. We can't blame a lack of Lukaku every time, because we're not even getting the ball forward. No one seems capable or willing to carry the ball effectively. What's happening in midfield is mystifying. No space being created, no support for either FB. Schnide seems no faster than Barry, and Kane's second goal was woeful defending. I can't figure out where Koeman is taking this team, and what tactics we're going to see.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 12 Sep - 13:06

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Simply put - No!
I think Barks has been overly maligned over his performances. So many times he drew opponents into him, laid it off and created space for others. Occasionally he'd make the wrong choice, but I'm seeing wrong choices being made all over the pitch right now. We can't blame a lack of Lukaku every time, because we're not even getting the ball forward. No one seems capable or willing to carry the ball effectively. What's happening in midfield is mystifying. No space being created, no support for either FB. Schnide seems no faster than Barry, and Kane's second goal was woeful defending. I can't figure out where Koeman is taking this team, and what tactics we're going to see.
with our current midfield dynamo supposedly being Klaasen (who looks very very average) I think we are missing Barks... or even more so Barry / Macca

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 12 Sep - 15:43

We are playing far to defensive, far too many no 10's no real creativty or attack.

SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6