606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham 1 Everton 0

+17
Statman
Sack the Juggler
The President
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
SEFTON
Mr_Ben
Lumper
Dixie Land
Merseyblue
Armchair
Helenqu
RhinoJagz
Riggy
Hinchcliffe Corner
Super
21 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Tottenham 1 Everton 0 - Page 12 Empty Re: Tottenham 1 Everton 0

Post  hairy cataract Sun 09 Feb 2014, 4:58 pm

Tonteau wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Barkley losing the ball several times here, needless.

Barkley really seems to have gone backwards.  Can't see him making the WC playing like this.

Funny, that. Breaks his foot and struggles for form afterwards.

He broke his toe. And why would he be expected to struggle for form afterwards? Fitness maybe for a week or two, but he's been back a week or two. He played today like he used to for Moyes last season. He's a great prospect but he really needs to make that leap forward this season and show he can consistently stamp his mark on a game.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 09 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm

As far as the game is concerned, we didn't really get our passing going as well as we can. Too many players trying to beat a man instead of pass. But we were pretty comfortable if not exactly threatening. Didn't agree with taking off Pienaar and Osman. Spurs were  Tottenham 1 Everton 0 - Page 12 695251  They've got good players but they really should be doing much better. They'll win games that way, they may even win the odd cup, but they're not really going anywhere with that brand of football. Scored with their first shot on target at 65mins and only managed one more in the rest of the game. Once the honeymoon period is over their fans won't be happy with that band of football.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 09 Feb 2014, 5:02 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Barkley losing the ball several times here, needless.

Barkley really seems to have gone backwards.  Can't see him making the WC playing like this.

Funny, that. Breaks his foot and struggles for form afterwards.

He broke his toe.  And why would he be expected to struggle for form afterwards? Fitness maybe for a week or two, but he's been back a week or two.  He played today like he used to for Moyes last season.  He's a great prospect but he really needs to make that leap forward this season and show he can consistently stamp his mark on a game.  

Match fitness and form are strangely related. Give him a few weeks, think he was playing with a pain killing injection against the RS. He's still not 100% match fit, in the coming weeks he'll get back to his best.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 09 Feb 2014, 6:29 pm

Tonteau wrote:As far as the game is concerned, we didn't really get our passing going as well as we can. Too many players trying to beat a man instead of pass. But we were pretty comfortable if not exactly threatening. Didn't agree with taking off Pienaar and Osman. Spurs were  Tottenham 1 Everton 0 - Page 12 695251  They've got good players but they really should be doing much better. They'll win games that way, they may even win the odd cup, but they're not really going anywhere with that brand of football. Scored with their first shot on target at 65mins and only managed one more in the rest of the game. Once the honeymoon period is over their fans won't be happy with that band of football.
agree largely with that.. Adebayour was a threat but apart from that they are pretty much  Tottenham 1 Everton 0 - Page 12 695251 

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 09 Feb 2014, 6:38 pm

I thought we played well most of the game
We need a out and out striker clearly

I think Distin is a great player for us but I do worry every time he passes the ball forward, it always seems to put our player under pressure.

Thought Naismith did well - he should not have been pushed out to left wing.

Why didn't our new giant forward get some time  Tottenham 1 Everton 0 - Page 12 Confused 

Yes we have all but blown forth

But I will settle for 6/7th and the FA Cup this season
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sun 09 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm

So basically we are shit and don't deserve to be in the CL?  Neutral
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 09 Feb 2014, 7:10 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:So basically we are shit and don't deserve to be in the CL?  Neutral

Generally the team that finishes 4th deserves the last champion's league place. Give us a couple of good strikers and we'd give it a decent go.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 09 Feb 2014, 8:32 pm

The President wrote:I thought we played well most of the game
We need a out and out striker clearly

I think Distin is a great player for us but I do worry every time he passes the ball forward, it always seems to put our player under pressure.

Thought Naismith did well - he should not have been pushed out to left wing.

Why didn't our new giant forward get some time  Tottenham 1 Everton 0 - Page 12 Confused 

Yes we have all but blown forth

But I will settle for 6/7th and the FA Cup this season

I thought we played well up to the goal so would agree. However, once they scored we were fairly clueless.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Sun 09 Feb 2014, 9:19 pm

I also thought we played well, a million times better than Spurs. With our run of games and players coming back I'm confident we'll finish above them.

We'd need a bit of luck to get higher but in terms of first season manager syndrome 5th or 6th is a good achievement, no?

Much more positive than the WBA game.

I'd expect Bobby to be rotating his numbers with at least 4 changes mid week and a must win game.....we could be back in 5th in a few days!

My view on Traore was that Dawson and Vertonghen struggled against pace and chucking a 6ft 8 forward could have played in to their hands.
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 10 Feb 2014, 5:59 am

Tonteau wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:So basically we are shit and don't deserve to be in the CL?  Neutral

Generally the team that finishes 4th deserves the last champion's league place. Give us a couple of good strikers and we'd give it a decent go.

I agree - Sadly that is where we all knew we'd finish short. Also what does Pienaar do these days apart from falling over and shaking his head? He needs to be replaced in the summer!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 10 Feb 2014, 10:33 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I agree - Sadly that is where we all knew we'd finish short.   Also what does Pienaar do these days apart from falling over and shaking his head?   He needs to be replaced in the summer!  

I thought he changed the game when he came on against Villa. I think he's great at keeping the ball moving and protecting it. Still a good player to have.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Mon 10 Feb 2014, 10:44 pm

tadpole wrote:I also thought we played well, a million times better than Spurs. With our run of games and players coming back I'm confident we'll finish above them.

We'd need a bit of luck to get higher but in terms of first season manager syndrome 5th or 6th is a good achievement, no?

Much more positive than the WBA game.

I'd expect Bobby to be rotating his numbers with at least 4 changes mid week and a must win game.....we could be back in 5th in a few days!

My view on Traore was that Dawson and Vertonghen struggled against pace and chucking a 6ft 8 forward could have played in to their hands.

Agreed.
I'm no longer worrying about 1st-season syndrome, but I am becoming increasingly nervous about 2nd-season syndrome.  pale 
After that, I'll worry about 3rd-season, and then I'll start worrying about him moving onto bigger things elsewhere.
It's fun being a football fan, isn't it?

fourdoors

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12