606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham 1 Everton 0

+17
Statman
Sack the Juggler
The President
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
SEFTON
Mr_Ben
Lumper
Dixie Land
Merseyblue
Armchair
Helenqu
RhinoJagz
Riggy
Hinchcliffe Corner
Super
21 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Tottenham 1 Everton 0 Empty Tottenham 1 Everton 0

Post  Super Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:21 pm

Fresh from our 300th Premier League win, we travel to White Hart Lane for a Sunday afternoon game against Spurs.

Spurs will be out to make amends in front of their home fans after the bashing they took in the last game at the Lane, but hopefully we will bring our 'A Game' and will continue our march towards a potential 4th place in the premier league.

The last time we played a game on Feb 9th was a 1-0 win and I think another win is on the cards this coming weekend......

Tottenham 1 Everton 2
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Tottenham 1 Everton 0 Empty Re: Tottenham 1 Everton 0

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 02 Feb 2014, 2:10 am

I'd actually like to see Naismith start up front. Didn't think I'd ever say that....
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sun 02 Feb 2014, 2:36 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I'd actually like to see Naismith start up front. Didn't think I'd ever say that....
Don't ever say it again either!!!!  Very Happy 

Big game for us this one. We not only need a win to push for that 4th spot and keep the pressure on the redshite but we also need the win to put pressure on Manure to try and stay in the Europa spot too.
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 02 Feb 2014, 2:48 pm

Merseyblue wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I'd actually like to see Naismith start up front. Didn't think I'd ever say that....

Big game for us this one. We not only need a win to push for that 4th spot and keep the pressure on the redshite but we also need the win to put pressure on Manure to try and stay in the Europa spot too.

I'd be happy with a draw though Very Happy 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sun 02 Feb 2014, 2:55 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Merseyblue wrote:

I'd be happy with a draw though Very Happy 
Me too Very Happy
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Sun 02 Feb 2014, 11:23 pm

I actually think he's been suffering from being played out of position. He can play wide right but I think we're already seeing he's more effective up front.

...Or maybe he's shite and just got lucky.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 03 Feb 2014, 8:44 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:

I actually think he's been suffering from being played out of position. He can play wide right but I think we're already seeing he's more effective up front.

I'm thinking too many people are giving Naismith a hard time, Lukaku hasn't done a lot (even before he got injured) Osman has had worse games and Pienaar has not been himself since returning from the spuds .

These guys are regular starters compaired to Naismith who starts most the time on the bench, At least with Naismith he knows were the goal is and how to finish.

Give him, a break. cheers

Looking forward to the spuds game, hopefully both Coleman & foofoo will be fit ?
I think the spuds game maybe a week too early for are new 6/8 striker Lacina so Mirralas to start with Nais coming on second half.

0-2 the blues  cheers 

Last edited by sefton on Mon 03 Feb 2014, 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 03 Feb 2014, 9:22 am

sefton wrote:

I'm thinking too many people are giving Naismith a hard time, Lukaku hasn't done a lot (even before he got injured) Osman has had worse games and Pienaar has not been himself since returning from the spuds .

These guys are regular starters compaired to Naismith who starts most the time on the bench, At least with Naismith he knows were the goal is and how to finish.

Maybe I missed the  Laughing smiley off the end of my post... it was generally in support of letting Naismith have a run in his natural position and show us what he can do.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 03 Feb 2014, 9:39 am

sefton wrote:

Maybe I missed the  Laughing smiley off the end of my post... it was generally in support of letting Naismith have a run in his natural position and show us what he can do.

Very Happy Their you go mate. My point was that Naismith seems to be to an easy target for people to use as an excuse when things go wrong , As you say he's been asked to play out of position on numerous occasions , So I believe when the team play bad as they did against the shyte ,The Whole team should be critecised not just one or two players SINGLED OUT.

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 03 Feb 2014, 10:39 am

sefton wrote:

Looking forward to the spuds game, hopefully both Coleman & foofoo will be fit ?
I think the spuds game maybe a week too early for are new 6/8 striker Lacina  so Mirralas to start with Nais coming on second half.

0-2 the blues  cheers 
You are of course correct Sef.. I am guilty of being a bit harsh on the wee fella... the stats say it all really.. maybe he IS our best striker option...

I consider my self reprimanded  Very Happy 
Tottenham 1 Everton 0 Captur78

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 03 Feb 2014, 11:41 am

lol! 
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:06 am

Tottenham v Everton (13:30 GMT)

It is imperative for Spurs that they try to turn Everton over. I am pretty sure they will have a go at them.

Everton passed another test last week when they came from a goal down to beat Aston Villa, especially after the way the Merseyside derby had gone so badly for them a few days earlier.
If the Toffees' season was going to collapse, it would have happened last weekend, so I was really impressed with the way they responded.
Tottenham also bounced back from their midweek battering by Manchester City with a draw at Hull.
This is a big game in the race for fourth place and it is imperative for Spurs that they try to turn Everton over. I am pretty sure they will have a go at them.
Lawro's prediction: 2-1
Josh's prediction: I know the scoreline I have gone for might affect how I get on against Lawro but, being a Gooner, there is no way I can say Spurs will ever win a game! 0-10

Stuff Lawro - I'll settle for Josh's prediction
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 07 Feb 2014, 9:36 am

The President wrote:

It is imperative for Spurs that they try to turn Everton over. I am pretty sure they will have a go at them.

Everton passed another test last week when they came from a goal down to beat Aston Villa, especially after the way the Merseyside derby had gone so badly for them a few days earlier.
If the Toffees' season was going to collapse, it would have happened last weekend, so I was really impressed with the way they responded.
Tottenham also bounced back from their midweek battering by Manchester City with a draw at Hull.
This is a big game in the race for fourth place and it is imperative for Spurs that they try to turn Everton over. I am pretty sure they will have a go at them.
Josh's prediction: I know the scoreline I have gone for might affect how I get on against Lawro but, being a Gooner, there is no way I can say Spurs will ever win a game! 0-10

As a predictor Josh is Tosh. He has ‘predicted’ that all the top 7 lose apart from Arsenal and Everton. I suspect that he would have had us down for a loss if we were playing a lower placed team. He seems to be getting confused between ‘predicting’ and ‘wishful thinking’.

Yes I know it’s a bit of fun.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:20 am

Statman wrote:
The President wrote:

As a predictor Josh is Tosh. He has ‘predicted’ that all the top 7 lose apart from Arsenal and Everton. I suspect that he would have had us down for a loss if we were playing a lower placed team. He seems to be getting confused between ‘predicting’ and ‘wishful thinking’.

Yes I know it’s a bit of fun.

Love it when Lawro predicts other teams to beat us, Really looking forward to the return of Coleman/Deulofeu , we have badly missed both players , they both have pace and skill that could run the spuds ragged Sunday.

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:32 pm

Les Ferdinand and Robbie Keane up front for them.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:39 pm

Everton make three changes as Seamus Coleman returns. Steven Naismith and Steven Pienaar are also in.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:43 pm

Howard, Coleman, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Pienaar, Mirallas, Naismith

Last edited by Made FooFoo Gwladys on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:44 pm

spuds..

Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Rose, Lennon, Paulinho, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Dembele, Adebayor

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

Subs: Joel, Hibbert, McGeady, Deulofeu. Barkley, Stones, Traore

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:54 pm

looking forward to this now.. we have a strong lineup & good to see Coleman back ... Nais getting his (deserved) start as well.. hope he grabs it & poaches a goal or two..

Traore, Barks & Foofoo on th ebench give good change options

COYB  cheers 

1-4

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 09 Feb 2014, 1:01 pm

Fantastic bench, slightly less exciting team... will Nais start up front then?

Looks like we might be trying to win this off the bench in the last twenty minutes.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 09 Feb 2014, 1:04 pm

Defensively we look strong and we will be tested because our front four aren't very pacey so we may struggle to create. Exciting looking bench but that is in part to the lack of full match fitness from the players that would be likely to start. Tough day at the office ahead. A lot resting on Coleman & Baines to create space and stretch Spurs.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sun 09 Feb 2014, 1:10 pm

Other than Naismith starting up front i'm happy with that. Good to see we have people back from injury too.
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 09 Feb 2014, 1:11 pm

I was going for an Everton win until I noticed Mark Twattenburg is reffing. Cheating fuck.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 09 Feb 2014, 1:15 pm

http://www.nutjob.eu/njtvx26.html