606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

+26
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Bryan
Da Judge
SEFTON
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Gravy & Chips
Yankthattoffee
Goodison_Gringo
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
SouthernSmugToffee
Super
Statman
Lumper
The President
El Pablo
Tonteau
anticipate_the_pass
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Merseyblue
Blue gazza
Hinchcliffe Corner
30 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface - Page 7 Empty Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 17 Jun 2015, 1:02 pm

Made Foo Gwladys wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
error 404 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Told Kenwright he wants to leave.

Did Bill tell you that?

still don't rate McCarthy - he's a busy fucker, but that's about it - how many goals does he score or assists?
Fuck him off if he wants to go, I'm sure Kone could do a job in his position.

+1.   He's a good player but nothing more than that.  Has got a good engine and can tackle but there isnt much else.

For a silly offer he could leave and I wouldnt lose any sleep over it.
largely agree... my greatest fear is the twat of a manager will probably fill the gap with Besic... who is utter shite of League 2 standard (at best)
He's filled the gap with Cleverley?
Macca's agent has probably heard what Cleverley's contract is all about, and now wants parity. I don't see him going, unless he hates Cleverley fro his Wigan days?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface - Page 7 Empty Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 17 Jun 2015, 2:42 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Did Bill tell you that?

No it was the newspaper yesterday.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Did Bill tell you that?

No it was the newspaper yesterday.

£30M please so we can buy a decent strike partner for Luka!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 03 Jul 2015, 7:43 am

Tottenham want Everton midfielder James McCarthy, 24, and could offer the Toffees 28-year-old winger Aaron Lennon or centre-back Younes Kaboul, 29. (Daily Mail)
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 07 Jul 2015, 6:33 am

Tottenham are lining up a £20m move for Everton midfielder James McCarthy, 24, with Spurs winger Aaron Lennon also part of a possible deal. (Daily Mirror)
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Tue 07 Jul 2015, 6:56 am

20M plus Lennon sounds OK to me.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 07 Jul 2015, 7:38 am

It's all bollox, no bid has been made, and why would we sell him for £20m to a rival when he's got 3 years left on his contract?

I'm not saying he is worth £20m like, but he's a key part of our squad, so we'd only sell him if we felt we could replace him with a better player, and we'd probably want £30m .... but mainly because it's spurs and Daniel Levy is a cock
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 07 Jul 2015, 9:11 am

error 404 wrote:It's all bollox, no bid has been made, and why would we sell him for £20m to a rival when he's got 3 years left on his contract?

I'm not saying he is worth £20m like, but he's a key part of our squad, so we'd only sell him if we felt we could replace him with a better player, and we'd probably want £30m .... but mainly because it's spurs and Daniel Levy is a cock

He probably isn't worth 20 million but, with all the prices of average players being extortionate ,30 million sounds about right.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:08 am

Has there ever been a semi-high profile transfer in EPL history that has involved cash plus a player deal actually going through? Id be shocked if Everton don't offer Macca an improved deal. He is the only central midfielder we have approaching his peak years. Barry over the hill, Gibson too injury prone and Besic unproven.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:32 am

Bluejagz wrote:Has there ever been a semi-high profile transfer in EPL history that has involved cash plus a player deal actually going through?  Id be shocked if Everton don't offer Macca an improved deal. He is the only central midfielder we have approaching his peak years. Barry over the hill, Gibson too injury prone and Besic unproven.

I'm predicting that Besic will prove himself this year. He reminded me of Fellaini's first season, headless chicken still learning the English game. I think he'll be boss this year.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm

I think Besic suffered through Martinez's "philosophy".

When he first started playing he was a "I'm going this way lads, follow me!" player, after a few games he started playing safe and doing the sideways pass, pass, pass shite that we become accustomed to last season.

(Cue best Monty Burns impression) Release the houndssss!

Let him play his natural game and get him forward.

I think he will be a cracker when let off the leach.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:30 pm

errr... sorry but Besic is league 1 standard & should be shipped out asap with McFatty

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 07 Jul 2015, 12:59 pm

We'll agree to disagree then Cool
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 07 Jul 2015, 1:44 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:We'll agree to disagree then Cool

(Principle Skinner impression) "I don't agree to that"

Wink
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 07 Jul 2015, 6:21 pm

He was immense in the first season. Last year, like Everton, he was firing below par.

I wouldn't sell him.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 15 Jul 2015, 1:25 am

worrying news

Cleverley's team-mate at Everton, James McCarthy, is a target for Manchester City after they missed out on Aston Villa's Fabian Delph.
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 15 Jul 2015, 7:18 am

Blue gazza wrote:worrying news

Cleverley's team-mate at Everton, James McCarthy, is a target for Manchester City after they missed out on Aston Villa's Fabian Delph.

Not if they are paying silly money like they did for Sterling cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 15 Jul 2015, 9:21 am

Armchair wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:worrying news

Not if they are paying silly money like they did for Sterling cheers

We could buy the whole of Wigan and Dave Whelan's broken leg for £49m. cheers

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 15 Jul 2015, 9:26 am

Will our board be strong enough to hold out for a huge deal though, or give in for a silly amount, who can we get in to replace him as well
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Wed 15 Jul 2015, 12:31 pm

As good as he his, I think he plays in a position that can be filled without too much concern.

I hope he stays but if we get ridiculous money from Citteh, we can certainly get in a just as good replacement
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 15 Jul 2015, 1:15 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:As good as he his, I think he plays in a position that can be filled without too much concern.

I hope he stays but if we get ridiculous money from Citteh, we can certainly get in a just as good replacement
And you do know who our manager is, right...?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Thu 16 Jul 2015, 12:24 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:As good as he his, I think he plays in a position that can be filled without too much concern.

And you do know who our manager is, right...?

Touche!
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Fri 17 Jul 2015, 12:50 am

spuds sniffing around mCarthy, but are they as deluded as they make out

Tottenham value Lennon at £9m, even though he has one year left on contract, and will offer the 28-year-old winger plus around £12m for McCarthy. Everton will probably rebuff such a bid and the saga could drag on.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3163876/Tottenham-determined-sign-Everton-s-James-McCarthy-willing-offer-Aaron-Lennon-plus-cash-land-man.html#ixzz3g6LkxNrH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:24 am

They have probably seen we are paying £8m for Evans with only one year left on his contract so assume we'll pay the same for Lennon.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Fri 17 Jul 2015, 11:18 am

Blue gazza wrote:spuds sniffing around mCarthy, but are they as deluded as they make out

Tottenham value Lennon at £9m, even though he has one year left on contract, and will offer the 28-year-old winger plus around £12m for McCarthy. Everton will probably rebuff such a bid and the saga could drag on.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3163876/Tottenham-determined-sign-Everton-s-James-McCarthy-willing-offer-Aaron-Lennon-plus-cash-land-man.html#ixzz3g6LkxNrH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Spurs wont pay the £25m-30m that i would take for us to even consider selling McCarthey so its a complete non-starter
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next