606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

+26
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Bryan
Da Judge
SEFTON
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Gravy & Chips
Yankthattoffee
Goodison_Gringo
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Barry Horne's Equaliser
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
SouthernSmugToffee
Super
Statman
Lumper
The President
El Pablo
Tonteau
anticipate_the_pass
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Merseyblue
Blue gazza
Hinchcliffe Corner
30 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface - Page 3 Empty Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 01 Dec 2013, 5:18 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:I think he's decent but 13M is bad business ... he's a 5 million player
He's quite quiet but does his work.

His role isn't showboating, goals etc so I can see why people think the above.

I'm a fan of him.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface - Page 3 Empty Re: 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface

Post  Gravy & Chips Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:23 pm

I'm a convert.

Does his job well and is now starting to get forward more too.

Impressive player, in the Carsley mould
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 02 Dec 2013, 12:50 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:I'm a convert.

Does his job well and is now starting to get forward more too.

Impressive player, in the Carsley mould
would you have paid as much for Carsley?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 02 Dec 2013, 1:34 pm

I've become a fan too.
Did what he had to do, moving away from his only club up until then, by steady, unflashy performances.
With Barry, he's part of a tough middle, and will be our future with Barkley, at the heart of the team.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm

Maybe this category should read "Future Everton Captain…." he was outstanding again against Man Utd last night, the scouts have been raving about him since his days at Hamilton Accies,keep up the good work 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface - Page 3 Action-s
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:47 pm

anticipate_the_pass wrote:Maybe this category should read "Future Everton Captain…." he was outstanding again against Man Utd last night, the scouts have been raving about him since his days at Hamilton Accies,keep up the good work 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface - Page 3 Action-s
I'd not been impressed really before the Manure game, but he is proving me wrong... he was fantastic yesterday... driving forwards, tackling hard & fair .. winning the ball...

he had a great game

Number of posts : 40811
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:49 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
anticipate_the_pass wrote:Maybe this category should read "Future Everton Captain…." he was outstanding again against Man Utd last night, the scouts have been raving about him since his days at Hamilton Accies,keep up the good work 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface - Page 3 Action-s
I'd not been impressed really before the Manure game, but he is proving me wrong... he was fantastic yesterday... driving forwards, tackling hard & fair .. winning the ball...

he had a great game
I think that is what we are going to get with McCarthy this season. Some weeks good, some week not so. But he has everything in his favor to become a top midfielder in the next few years. Great having Barry beside him to mentor him, a manager that believes in him and also some proper direction from International setup too. Bright future ahead. Haven't even noticed the absence of Gibson.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:50 pm

he had a great game
nah, he's still shit, not fit to lace Kone's boots! Very Happy 
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:52 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:

he had a great game
nah, he's still shit, not fit to lace Kone's boots! Very Happy 
Laughing keep it up sACKO ,,, IT'S WORKING WONDERS 16: James McCarthy - covers the Earth's surface - Page 3 Action-s 

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:54 pm

Bluejagz wrote:

he had a great game
I think that is what we are going to get with McCarthy this season. Some weeks good, some week not so. But he has everything in his favor to become a top midfielder in the next few years. Great having Barry beside him to mentor him, a manager that believes in him and also some proper direction from International setup too. Bright future ahead. Haven't even noticed the absence of Gibson.
after i posted I was thinking the same but couldn't be arsed to edit my post... he is looking really good with Barry alongside him now.. they are a good partnership... Gibbo I think has had his day as Barry will surely stay at least 1 more season

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:59 pm

Bluejagz wrote:

he had a great game
after i posted I was thinking the same but couldn't be arsed to edit my post... he is looking really good with Barry alongside him now.. they are a good partnership... Gibbo I think has had his day as Barry will surely stay at least 1 more season
We'll need them all and more, next year when we're playing CL footy. sunny 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:24 pm

Bluejagz wrote:

he had a great game
How about Barry moving into a central defender role next season or the one after?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

Statman wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

he had a great game
How about Barry moving into a central defender role next season or the one after?
he reads the game well enough & can certainly tackle... has he played there before ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 05 Dec 2013, 2:15 pm

Statman wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

he had a great game
he reads the game well enough & can certainly tackle... has he played there before ?
Don't know but I'm thinking as he gets a bit older he might be well suited.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 05 Dec 2013, 2:17 pm

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

he had a great game
Wasn't Jags a midfielder at Sheff Utd before he joined us scratch ..

why not

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 05 Dec 2013, 2:25 pm

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:

he had a great game
Wasn't Jags a midfielder at Sheff Utd before he joined us scratch ..

why not
Moyes played him at CM a few times soon after he joined us...not a pretty sight.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:42 am

he had a great game

I thought he had an even better game against Arse yesterday. He's had a slow start and I wasn't a fan but he's now beginning to show what he's capable of.

The fact that we are all disappointed he's suspended for the Fulham game shows what a key cog he has become over the past few games. Better than Gibson.

Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 09 Dec 2013, 11:57 am

Yeah, he was very good yesterday. Osman and Barry in central midfield against fulham, I reckon.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 09 Dec 2013, 12:05 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

he had a great game

I thought he had an even better game against Arse yesterday.   He's had a slow start and I wasn't a fan but he's now beginning to show what he's capable of.

The fact that we are all disappointed he's suspended for the Fulham game shows what a key cog he has become over the past few games.   Better than Gibson.  

How many league games have we lost when either Barry or Gibson started? Barry 0 out of 11, Gibson 1 or 2 defeat in 30 odd games?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 14 Dec 2013, 10:43 am

Great article showing McCarty's value to the team.

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/archives/13353
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  El Pablo Sat 28 Dec 2013, 1:39 pm

Interview from Football Focus:

https://vimeo.com/82827606
El Pablo
El Pablo

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 04 Apr 2014, 7:48 am

And Barry says team-mate and fellow midfielder James McCarthy, 23, is one of the best players he has ever played with.
Full story: Daily Star
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 04 Apr 2014, 10:14 am

The President wrote:And Barry says team-mate and fellow midfielder James McCarthy, 23, is one of the best players he has ever played with.
Full story: Daily Star
I started as being very sceptical about him, probably because his price was so high (nosebleed for EFC fan spending that much money on 1 player).... but having watched every game on at least tinternet he really is a class player .... I think he is probably the outstanding player of the season to date ... although that may be a close call with Barry himself !

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:10 pm

shows how very good this lad is tonight ... not by his performance... but by being left out & the void it left...

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:27 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:shows how very good this lad is tonight ... not by his performance... but by being left out & the void it left...

He's one of those players, the type no one notices until he's not in this side. The great thing for us is that he's still young and only going to get better.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next