606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

+33
Valentino Blue
Gravy & Chips
WellOilBeefHooked
Lumper
Tonteau
Royal Blue Mersey
anticipate_the_pass
Dixie Land
My other LB is a Ferrari
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Albert
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Merseyblue
fourdoors
ToffeeDan
37 posters

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  SEFTON Wed 06 Jan 2016, 8:31 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
sefton wrote:Martinez insists he has not ‘lost’ Everton fans

Date published: Tuesday 5th January 2016 3:43

Roberto Martinez Everton

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 Gettyi10

Roberto Martinez insists he not “lost” the support of the Everton fans ahead of their Capital One Cup semi-final.

With the club languishing in 11th spot at the turn of the year and enduring four home defeats already this term the Everton boss has come under fire from sections of the Goodison Park faithful. Many fans believe the club, who have finished fifth, 11th and 11th in Martinez’s three seasons in charge, are underachieving, but Martinez believes the majority of supporters are with him.

“We’ve never lost them,” said Martinez, when asked if Everton have to win the fans back.

“The fans see a fully committed team who give everything. We always fight until the end and some of the attacking football this season has been outstanding.

“The performances have been very consistent, but we need the help of our fans.

What an EGOTISTIC CNUT affraid
Consistantly ?????????

Martinez tells Everton fans, to be patient ? We have been patient for 21 years you clueless cnut.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Da Judge Wed 06 Jan 2016, 10:50 am

sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Roberto Martinez Everton

Roberto Martinez insists he not “lost” the support of the Everton fans ahead of their Capital One Cup semi-final.

With the club languishing in 11th spot at the turn of the year and enduring four home defeats already this term the Everton boss has come under fire from sections of the Goodison Park faithful. Many fans believe the club, who have finished fifth, 11th and 11th in Martinez’s three seasons in charge, are underachieving, but Martinez believes the majority of supporters are with him.

“We’ve never lost them,” said Martinez, when asked if Everton have to win the fans back.

“The fans see a fully committed team who give everything. We always fight until the end and some of the attacking football this season has been outstanding.

Consistantly ?????????

Martinez tells Everton fans, to be patient ? We have been patient for 21 years you clueless cnut.

Sef, as-salaamu alaykum - sorry but I disagree with the sentiment that you proffer. If Martinez had been the manager for the entire time you ascribe then certainly you have a point. However in the said time Martinez has I believe won championships (or promotions) with two different clubs and a major trophy. It is worth bearing in mind that this was done on comparative shoe string budgets not only in actual terms but in relative terms compared to the teams he was competing with. It also worth reminding ourselves that in the process of winning that trophy he cam to our backyard and trounced us (was Moyes a clueless cnut as well? He won not much in all the time he was with us....which if I am not mistaken accounts for nearly 50% of the time span you use as a reference point)

There is one obvious statement in the text of the interview worthy of some comment and had you gone after that you would probably be better aligned to vent your spleen in the fashion that you have. Namely...

... and some of the attacking football this season has been outstanding.

A statement we could all agree on but it does leave the reader wondering about the quality of defending and the respective fallibility for that level of performance. ON Sunday I though as a team we played well against a very good team.... certainly better than Leicester and Manure - on the day we played them City were slightly better. We defended stoutly and the goal we conceded was as a result of through ball as sweet as Geri has played a couple of times for us this season... in such instances is it right to call it a defensive error or more of attacking brilliance?

Yes, Spuds hit the woodwork twice but apart from that they achieved no more than we did - with a fraction of the possession. We too have hit the woodwork several times in matches... we have been extraordinarily unlucky in the awarding/giving away of penalties... the second Leicester penalty on other days could have been deemed to have been manufactured... compared to how Rom was manhandled in the box by Vertonghen/Alderweild last weekend. Spuds should have had Lamella dismissed for 3 bookables would that have changed the match? Who knows.

But in the face of this to call RM a clueless cnut is I think stretching it.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 06 Jan 2016, 1:07 pm

Da Judge wrote:
sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Roberto Martinez Everton

Consistantly ?????????

Sef, as-salaamu alaykum - sorry but I disagree with the sentiment that you proffer. If Martinez had been the manager for the entire time you ascribe then certainly you have a point. However in the said time Martinez has I believe won championships (or promotions) with two different clubs and a major trophy. It is worth bearing in mind that this was done on comparative shoe string budgets not only in actual terms but in relative terms compared to the teams he was competing with. It also worth reminding ourselves that in the process of winning that trophy he cam to our backyard and trounced us (was Moyes a clueless cnut as well? He won not much in all the time he was with us....which if I am not mistaken accounts for nearly 50% of the time span you use as a reference point)

There is one obvious statement in the text of the interview worthy of some comment and had you gone after that you would probably be better aligned to vent your spleen in the fashion that you have. Namely...

... and some of the attacking football this season has been outstanding.

A statement we could all agree on but it does leave the reader wondering about the quality of defending and the respective fallibility for that level of performance. ON Sunday I though as a team we played well against a very good team.... certainly better than Leicester and Manure - on the day we played them City were slightly better. We defended stoutly and the goal we conceded was as a result of through ball as sweet as Geri has played a couple of times for us this season... in such instances is it right to call it a defensive error or more of attacking brilliance?

Yes, Spuds hit the woodwork twice but apart from that they achieved no more than we did - with a fraction of the possession. We too have hit the woodwork several times in matches... we have been extraordinarily unlucky in the awarding/giving away of penalties... the second Leicester penalty on other days could have been deemed to have been manufactured... compared to how Rom was manhandled in the box by Vertonghen/Alderweild last weekend. Spuds should have had Lamella dismissed for 3 bookables would that have changed the match? Who knows.

But in the face of this to call RM a clueless cnut is I think stretching it.

Da Judge,Your entitled to your opinion , as I am entitled to mine, we may agree to disagree, the latter being the truth, like any football fan, I'm human first, bull-shitter second,
regards to Martinez,I stand by my original statement of calling him ''clueless'' Martinez came out with a statement yesterday saying ? Most Evertonians are right behind him, Sorry ,he's getting confused with Evertonians will get right behind the team, Last week he said winning a trophy is paramount, today he has contradicted himself by saying Champions League football is what he's aiming for more than winning trophy's ?

On top of that, Martinez doesn't know his best side, yes we are playing attractive football, great if your a neutral supporter but, we have dominated 5 of are last six games,7 points from 18 is not good Management we need to kill off teams Martinez doesn't know how too.

Martinez may have done well for a time at Swansea,then at Wigan were the outcome of winning a trophy was succeeded by relegation now that's not going to look good on anyones CV is it?. As for comparing David Moyes with Martinez,There is no comparison, Moyes would have still been Everton boss to day if he hadn't chosen to leave for United, I also believe are league position would be better if Moyes had this squad ,Howard would have been dropped and we would have held on to leads against teams we lost points too like Bournemouth & Stoke, just my opinion,

Sorry Da Judge, but I have never been a fan of Martinez, I have no confidence in him what so ever, His team selections have a lot to be desired.
As I have said in previous posts, Martinez is a mid-table manager at best , not good enough for Everton.

Just my opinion. cheers

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 20 Jan 2016, 2:05 pm

FA verdict on Martinez ''Diabolical'' out-burst?

http://www.squawka.com/news/roberto-martinez-escapes-punishment-for-diabolical-comment/577347

Has the Referee escaped punishment for his failure to cancel out ''John Terry's'' 99th Minute goal?
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 24 Jan 2016, 4:37 pm

fucking hate him Twisted Evil

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 24 Jan 2016, 5:25 pm

We've only won three league games since September, all against the bottom three clubs. It's fucking ridiculous. Barkley, Lukaku, Deulafeu, Stones, Coleman, Baines... how can a side with those players manage to be so shit?

He has to go.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 24 Jan 2016, 6:08 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:We've only won three league games since September, all against the bottom three clubs.  It's fucking ridiculous.  Barkley, Lukaku, Deulafeu, Stones, Coleman, Baines... how can a side with those players manage to be so shit?

He has to go.

... but they're just expressing themselves.

The Stones habit of inviting the attacker close to him, when he has the ball, then either trying a kamikaze dribble, or a pass back to Howard like today, has to be OK's by RM. At least with Mori, he will either stride forward or hoof it if he's under major pressure. Today he invites the attacker as close t him as he can before passing to TH who has just taken his casual pills. There are times when the best centre backs in the world hoof it into row Z. Frankly he's now as big a liability as he is an asset. If I was any striker I would chase him down every time. I'd get 1 or 2 chances per game.
How many crosses did Foofoo hit, and everyone ducks, miskicks or fluffs it? Could it be that he hits these crosses just a bit too hard?
So who do you pick as out back line at City?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:42 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:We've only won three league games since September, all against the bottom three clubs.  It's fucking ridiculous.  Barkley, Lukaku, Deulafeu, Stones, Coleman, Baines... how can a side with those players manage to be so shit?

He has to go.

The Stones habit of inviting the attacker close to him, when he has the ball, then either trying a kamikaze dribble, or a pass back to Howard like today, has to be OK's by RM. At least with Mori, he will either stride forward or hoof it if he's under major pressure. Today he invites the attacker as close t him as he can before passing to TH who has just taken his casual pills. There are times when the best centre backs in the world hoof it into row Z. Frankly he's now as big a liability as he is an asset. If I was any striker I would chase him down every time. I'd get 1 or 2 chances per game.
How many crosses did Foofoo hit, and everyone ducks, miskicks or fluffs it? Could it be that he hits these crosses just a bit too hard?

Coleman, Jags, Mori/Stones, Baines, and a fucking massive double decker bus.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:06 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

He has to go.

I see that you sidestepped the Mori/Stone call.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

He has to go.

I'm starting to agree with those who say Stones's head has gone. His arrogance does appear to be affecting his game. Perhaps he thinks we blue plebs don't appreciate that he is the Messi of the north west. But perhaps the arsewipe needs to appreciate that every striker in the country now knows that if you press the dozy cunt, you're bound to get at least one clear chance a game because of his Cruyff swerves and backflips.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 25 Jan 2016, 12:47 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

He has to go.

I'm starting to agree with those who say Stones's head has gone. His arrogance does appear to be affecting his game. Perhaps he thinks we blue plebs don't appreciate that he is the Messi of the north west.  But perhaps the arsewipe needs to appreciate that every striker in the country now knows that if you press the dozy cunt, you're bound to get at least one clear chance a game because of his Cruyff swerves and backflips.

you still sidestepped the question. tongue
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 25 Jan 2016, 12:48 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

He has to go.

I'm starting to agree with those who say Stones's head has gone. His arrogance does appear to be affecting his game. Perhaps he thinks we blue plebs don't appreciate that he is the Messi of the north west.  But perhaps the arsewipe needs to appreciate that every striker in the country now knows that if you press the dozy cunt, you're bound to get at least one clear chance a game because of his Cruyff swerves and backflips.

you still sidestepped the question.  tongue

He could be a politician.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:06 am

Statman wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

He has to go.

OK statto, on Wednesday which 2 CBs do you go with?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:14 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Statman wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

He has to go.

OK statto, on Wednesday which 2 CBs do you go with?
2 out of Stones, Jags and Mori.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:44 pm

bookies favourite for the sack

http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/everton

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=383078

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/600428/Roberto-Martinez-faces-Everton-sack-unless-he-fixes-transfer-window-woes

Last edited by Blue gazza on Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:46 pm

Blue gazza wrote:bookies favourite for the sack

cheers and Moyes at 5/1 to be the next manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:47 pm

Mori Foo Gwladys wrote:

cheers and Moyes at 5/1 to be the next manager
Jamie CaraLa at 16/1 ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 F_laugh ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 F_laugh ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 F_laugh ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 F_laugh ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 F_laugh ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 17 F_laugh

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:50 pm

I hate to disappoint you, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:51 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

I hate to disappoint you, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post
booooo... I prefer the first link

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 25 Jan 2016, 1:51 pm

hibbo 20/1 lol! lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 25 Jan 2016, 5:32 pm

The fact that yesterday he blamed the fans for putting "the fear" into the players is total horseshit. Learn to fucking defend. We've conceded 4 penalties at home in the last month! That should tell you all you need to know. There was no fear the night we beat City in cup. We just got the balance right.

If he still can't or refuses to see that then we will continue to head backwards fast

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 25 Jan 2016, 6:00 pm

Bluejagz wrote:The fact that yesterday he blamed the fans for putting "the fear" into the players is total horseshit. Learn to fucking defend. We've conceded 4 penalties at home in the last month! That should tell you all you need to know. There was no fear the night we beat City in cup. We just got the balance right.

If he still can't or refuses to see that then we will continue to head backwards fast

See below. At what point was Stones going to play the ball to another player?  Does RM coach this stuff, or is it a case of express yourself anywhere you like, even if you concede a goal. It's all a learning curve.
Meanwhile Baines, Jags, Ossie, Peanut and Barry have to put up with this stuff and watch their own chances of silverware just melt into row Z.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMl3CARB6I
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 25 Jan 2016, 6:12 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Bluejagz wrote:The fact that yesterday he blamed the fans for putting "the fear" into the players is total horseshit. Learn to fucking defend. We've conceded 4 penalties at home in the last month! That should tell you all you need to know. There was no fear the night we beat City in cup. We just got the balance right.

See below. At what point was Stones going to play the ball to another player?  Does RM coach this stuff, or is it a case of express yourself anywhere you like, even if you concede a goal. It's all a learning curve.
Meanwhile Baines, Jags, Ossie, Peanut and Barry have to put up with this stuff and watch their own chances of silverware just melt into row Z.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMl3CARB6I
I'm actually going off Stones... way too fucking cocky... take £50M+ & move on

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 25 Jan 2016, 6:21 pm

Good piece from Michael Ball in the Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-ball-everton-players-dont-10783743

Basically saying we're playing a brand of "delevopment football" - which is what you normally get the 17 to 18 year olds to play to help their progress. Like he says, Rio Ferdinand, who is having a pop at our fans, made his "mistakes" at West Ham at that age. In fact, by the time he was Stones's age, he was at Leeds.

Martinez is infantalising the players, treating 21 year olds like the 17 year olds in the reserves. They will never progress under him, unless he starts helping them to learn, not just allow them to make errors.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 25 Jan 2016, 7:22 pm

Looking back at Moyes' reign, I don't recall ever thinking he should be sacked. There were some bad spells - some bad seasons even - plus our usual poor showing in the cup competitions, but I always felt he was getting the best out of the players at his disposal. Ok, it wasn't pretty at times but it was effective at accumulating points and the team (and the club as a whole) felt like it was moving in the right direction.

Martinez on the other hand...
I wasn't convinced he was the right man for the job when we appointed him. Yes, he kept Wigan up three times. But it was always down to the last game, the last kick of the last game even. They never comfortably survived, reaching 40 points with a few games to spare. They score lots but always conceded more (sound familiar?) and eventually their luck run out and they went down. What worried me most was that the defending never improved. In 10/11 they shipped 61 goals, so you would think Martinez would focus on defending better. The next season they let in 62 goals. In 12/13 they let in 71. That said, Bobby changed my mind completely in his first season in charge. But it seems that it was the 5th place finish that was the 'blip' and 10th/11th/12th is his natural level.

What annoys me is his inability/unwillingness to address the problem area. If ones of Moyes' teams had started to concede hatfuls of goals, he'd have gone back to basics, parked the bus, played 3 holding midfielders - whatever it took to stop the rot. Martinez prefers to persist with a failing philosophy and I can't see us finishing much higher up the table than we are now because of it. Luka, Barks, Coleman, Foo...these guys are too good play for a mid-table team so they'll be off in the summer unless the club can prove to them that they are serious about finishing higher up the league.

If I were BK, I'd let Martinez be in charge for Wednesday cup game (Bobby has a decent record against City this season W1 D1 L1). But then I'd sack him, whether we win or lose the game. Even if we win the cup under Bobby, I'd still sack him. We all know that mediocre teams have won cup competitions (Wigan and Portsmouth the FA Cup, the Shite the CL etc), but league tables don't lie and 12th place is an appalling position to be in given the talent in our squad.

Adios Bobby.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next