606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 1 Norwich 1 (Osman)

+17
Michael Crosby S74
Super
anticipate_the_pass
Mr_Ben
Made 4 Gwladys
Blue gazza
Bryan
fatboblatch
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Tonteau
Diamond
Sack the Juggler
Dixie Land
The President
Albert
RhinoJagz
Lumper
21 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Everton 1 Norwich 1 (Osman) - Page 8 Empty Re: Everton 1 Norwich 1 (Osman)

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sat 17 Dec 2011, 11:20 pm

Super wrote:Without reading this whole thread and not watching MOTD ( watching the Coldplay gig currently, better entertainment) I take it that Ruddy had a decent game considering the bbc are saying we had 13 shots on target compared to the 1 that Norwich had. What was the score again in this game?

You could say that, but Drenthe hit a shot that hit him (without him knowing much about it) and it could have gone anywhere, as it was it went wide, Saha had a shot that on another day spins another way and just goes in, Osman had one cleared off the line that on another day could have gone in.

Plus countless corners, they didn't play THAT badly but need a poacher in the box to finish.

It was 1-1 today but on another day it could have been a comfy 3-1 win to Everton, but it wasn't and you have to make your own luck, but it was an improvement on the Stoke game, but it wasn't Stoke today.

The first half today reminded me of the Sheff Utd Carling Cup game where Everton dominated the early stages, couldn't finish, then they scored with their first shot, seems to be happening a lot lately.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:05 am

I had to leave at HT and texted a mate of mine when I figured the game was over. He told me that the substitution in the second half made all the difference. Was he referring to Drenthe?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 18 Dec 2011, 4:07 am

Starting to like The Strack. Good target man to take the load off Saha, and he was unlucky with that little dribble in the box at the end.
Moyes has obviously had a hard word with Drenthe too. At one point RRD played the ball to Baines overlapping, looked inside and saw Fellaini, and legged it back to cover that lanky winger who was dawdling on the touch line at the halfway.

2 points lost but at least hey we're less shy of shooting than over the last couple of weeks.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 18 Dec 2011, 8:55 am

I'd like to see Straq, Drenthe and Gueye all start next week.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 18 Dec 2011, 9:17 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I'd like to see Straq, Drenthe and Gueye all start next week.

Don't know about Gueye, but the others - yes. And Rodwell. And Distin.

I suppose Moyes is seeing them day in day out on the training pitch, and we have to assume that they're all shit and Heitinga, Cahill and Neville are brilliant Everton 1 Norwich 1 (Osman) - Page 8 Confused On the other hand, Holt looked similar to Straq and he's banging them in every match isn't he? I doubt if he'd get in our side ahead of Saha. But could it really be any worse playing Straq instead of Cahill?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 18 Dec 2011, 9:43 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:I'd like to see Straq, Drenthe and Gueye all start next week.

I suppose Moyes is seeing them day in day out on the training pitch, and we have to assume that they're all shit and Heitinga, Cahill and Neville are brilliant Everton 1 Norwich 1 (Osman) - Page 8 Confused On the other hand, Holt looked similar to Straq and he's banging them in every match isn't he? I doubt if he'd get in our side ahead of Saha. But could it really be any worse playing Straq instead of Cahill?

I thought Gueye looked lively in the first half. Definitely agree that Straq should replace Cahill.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:23 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I thought Gueye looked lively in the first half. Definitely agree that Straq should replace Cahill.

Yes, I thought he did too. Was speaking to a mate who was at the match and he wasn't really impressed though. Maybe he looked better on screen?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:48 am

hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Yes, I thought he did too. Was speaking to a mate who was at the match and he wasn't really impressed though. Maybe he looked better on screen?

Some sort of live CGI?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 18 Dec 2011, 11:18 am

hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Some sort of live CGI?

I think the images are manipulated by the government and laced with opiates to keep the working class oppressed, allowing the bankers and freemasons to run the nation in their own interests.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8