606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

+39
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Armchair
Statman
SEFTON
Hinchcliffe Corner
WellOilBeefHooked
Albert
Tonteau
Valentino Blue
Yankthattoffee
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
Merseyblue
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
VenezuelaBlue
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
Michael Crosby S74
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
notepad
Bryan
Luka Perfect
tadpole
paul
ToffeeDan
43 posters

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 10 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 11 Jan 2014, 10:14 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
hairberto cataract wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Shame, but footballers recover from these things pretty quickly. He'll be back in a few weeks.

Not if it is his metatarsel -  it'll be six to twelve weeks.
typical really ... Barkley... Duelefeu... Kone.... Gibbo, .. Dizzy .. .FFS !

and where was Alcaraz today ... another injury ??
I assumed that Jags took his spot as the right CB.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 10 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 11 Jan 2014, 10:17 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Shame, but footballers recover from these things pretty quickly. He'll be back in a few weeks.

I assumed that Jags took his spot as the right CB.
he did .. but Alca wasn't even on the bench..

Number of posts : 41037

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 11 Jan 2014, 10:28 pm

+1 and then some.
Just in time for the Derby!
Feckity Feck Feck

Evil or Very Mad 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Sun 12 Jan 2014, 8:16 am

Roberto said in post match interview that Alcaraz was having a rest as he'd only just come back into the side.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 12 Jan 2014, 9:10 am

Likely just to be his toe:

"We are going to assess it to see if there was displacement or not, it is a very similar incident to the one Leighton Baines had," added Martinez,
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 12 Jan 2014, 9:22 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

Likely just to be his toe:

"We are going to assess it to see if there was displacement or not, it is a very similar incident to the one Leighton Baines had," added Martinez,

Rest will do him good too. He can come back and play every game until the end of the season.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 14 Jan 2014, 1:58 pm

Out for up to six weeks.....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25700507
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38106
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 14 Jan 2014, 4:56 pm

Super wrote:Out for up to six weeks.....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25700507
RM admitted that it was "a shame".
Local radio saying EFC announce "3-6 weeks" for the lad.
Bad timing huh?
So with McGeedy the new number 7, RM will cheer us all up with a further bumper signing or loan deal.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:59 pm

here we go.... transfer by shite journalism

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ross-barkley-transfer-news-chelsea-3053230

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has targeted Ross Barkley as a long-term replacement for Juan Mata, according to reports.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ross-barkley-transfer-news-chelsea-3053230#ixzz2rEK7LhzN
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:00 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:here we go.... transfer by shite journalism

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ross-barkley-transfer-news-chelsea-3053230

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has targeted Ross Barkley as a long-term replacement for Juan Mata, according to reports.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ross-barkley-transfer-news-chelsea-3053230#ixzz2rEK7LhzN
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Oh look, it's the Daily Mirror again.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:05 pm

Just the tiniest flaw in the Mirror's story - Mata has been sitting on the bench all season. Do they mean Jose wants Barkley to replace Mata on the bench? It's hardly the most enticing offer you could make to a lad who has become the first name on the team sheet this season: "Oh yes we'd love you to come to Chelsea because we will have a space for a frustrated, under-used talent on the bench now that Mata's gone...."
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  VenezuelaBlue Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:50 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:Just the tiniest flaw in the Mirror's story - Mata has been sitting on the bench all season.  Do they mean Jose wants Barkley to replace Mata on the bench?  It's hardly the most enticing offer you could make to a lad who has become the first name on the team sheet this season: "Oh yes we'd love you to come to Chelsea because we will have a space for a frustrated, under-used talent on the bench now that Mata's gone...."

Never thought I'd say this but I hope the lad listens to Stevie Me La's gems of wisdom and stays put. Time's on his side, after all.
VenezuelaBlue
VenezuelaBlue

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm

Barkley would have to insane, retarded or just incredibly greedy to move to chelsea. There are few sides he could move to where he'd improve his chances of silverware and actually get to play more than a cameo role. At Everton he's playing week-in week-out. You can't put a price on that level of development.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:34 pm

Tonteau wrote:Barkley would have to insane, retarded or just incredibly greedy to move to chelsea. There are few sides he could move to where he'd improve his chances of silverware and actually get to play more than a cameo role. At Everton he's playing week-in week-out. You can't put a price on that level of development.
And he is getting, or got, an improved contract so it's not like he's not making any money.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:47 pm

Tonteau wrote:Barkley would have to insane, retarded or just incredibly greedy to move to chelsea. There are few sides he could move to where he'd improve his chances of silverware and actually get to play more than a cameo role. At Everton he's playing week-in week-out. You can't put a price on that level of development.
And he is getting, or got, an improved contract so it's not like he's not making any money.
I'd like to agree.. in fact I WANT to agree... but remember Rooney.... bright sky team lights & lots of wonga...

The hope is that this is just shit Mirror journos selling our players again for a story

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:56 pm

I'd like to agree.. in fact I WANT to agree... but remember Rooney.... bright sky team lights & lots of wonga...

The hope is that this is just shit Mirror journos selling our players again for a story

yeah, but Rooney was good enough to star for the best team in the land (at that time) and scored a hattrick on hios debut. Juan Mata's a ridiculously good player and he's barely got a sniff at chelsea under Jose. If you don't follow Mourinho's plan, don't track back, make a few mistakes or give the ball away, you get benched. Barkley has room to grow at Everton. A manager who trusts him and will let him learn from his mistakes.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:11 pm

Tonteau wrote:

yeah, but Rooney was good enough to star for the best team in the land (at that time) and scored a hattrick on hios debut. Juan Mata's a ridiculously good player and he's barely got a sniff at chelsea under Jose. If you don't follow Mourinho's plan, don't track back, make a few mistakes or give the ball away, you get benched. Barkley has room to grow at Everton. A manager who trusts him and will let him learn from his mistakes.

And he's a bit crap isn't he? (I'm trying to put would-be suitors off)
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:24 pm

Statman wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

And he's a bit crap isn't he?   (I'm trying to put would-be suitors off)
lol .. was thinking that ... I think he's possibly / probably better than Rooney was when we sold him... regular at EFC, excellent performances, England player now, certainty for World Cup, excellent free kick taker, great range goal scorer.... what's not to like...

Once a blue always a blu.... oh fuck !

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 23 Jan 2014, 5:29 pm

Statman wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

lol .. was thinking that ... I think he's possibly / probably better than Rooney was when we sold him... regular at EFC, excellent performances, England player now, certainty for World Cup, excellent free kick taker, great range goal scorer.... what's not to like...

Rooney went down the road to the best team in the country. He also went to a manager who was absolutely thrilled to have bought him. Do you remember how much Fergie was beaming when he signed him? I actually felt a little bit happy for the grumpy sod.

Chelsea aren't the best team in the country and are not likely to be. And they are in London. Also I don't see Mourinho as being the right manager for him. He needs someone who will let him express himself. Let him make a mistake.

I also think that he is as good a prospect as Rooney at the time.

The call from Citeh might be more attractive but with their squad he would struggle to get a game.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  VenezuelaBlue Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:18 pm

Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Rooney went down the road to the best team in the country. He also went to a manager who was absolutely thrilled to have bought him. Do you remember how much Fergie was beaming when he signed him? I actually felt a little bit happy for the grumpy sod.

Chelsea aren't the best team in the country and are not likely to be. And they are in London. Also I don't see Mourinho as being the right manager for him. He needs someone who will let him express himself. Let him make a mistake.

The call from Citeh might be more attractive but with their squad he would  struggle to get a game.

I think that's the advice he'll be getting. A couple of other things to bear in mind

- EFC aren't as cash-strapped as we were in the Rooney era so we can put up more of a defence. Bill will back up RM in wanting to keep the lad.

- I don't know who he his agent is but he might not be from the same Satanic stable as Rooney's.

- While you could point out that Shrek's move has turned out to be a success I reckon RB will be looking at ( or having it pointed out to him) that some of the other high profile exits haven't fared as well : Lescott ( lot of bench-warming), Gravesen (likewise), Pieman ( now returned to the fold), Gosling (who he?), Arteta ( not too bad but not the fulcrum he was at GP), Felli ( too early to tell but not a fairytale to date), without even mentioning others in the past that he'll remember as a lad supporting his club ( Jeffers, for instance.)

Comparisons are obvious, especially for lazy journos but this might just be a Blue who stays a Blue, becomes a legend at GP and is respected by all right-thinking football fans for not selling out. ( Err, desperately looks for "fingers-crossed" emoticon!)

VenezuelaBlue
VenezuelaBlue

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 23 Jan 2014, 8:44 pm

VenezuelaBlue wrote:
Statman wrote:
Statman wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

The call from Citeh might be more attractive but with their squad he would  struggle to get a game.

I think that's the advice he'll be getting. A couple of other things to bear in mind

- EFC aren't as cash-strapped as we were in the Rooney era so we can put up more of a defence. Bill will back up RM in wanting to keep the lad.

- I don't know who he his agent is but he might not be from the same Satanic stable as Rooney's.

- While you could point out that Shrek's move has turned out to be a success I reckon RB will be looking at ( or having it pointed out to him) that some of the other high profile exits haven't fared as well : Lescott ( lot of bench-warming), Gravesen (likewise), Pieman ( now returned to the fold), Gosling (who he?), Arteta ( not too bad but not the fulcrum he was at GP), Felli ( too early to tell but not a fairytale to date), without even mentioning others in the past that he'll remember as a lad supporting his club ( Jeffers, for instance.)

Comparisons are obvious, especially for lazy journos but this might just be a Blue who stays a Blue, becomes a legend at GP and is respected by all right-thinking football fans for not selling out. ( Err, desperately looks for "fingers-crossed" emoticon!)

And if ever there was a bench warmer, step up (or is that sit down?) Jack Rodwell.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:05 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ross-barkley-return-lifts-everton-3067816#.UudykWdFCCg
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:27 pm

Read that yesterday, not sure it'll happen though.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 28 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Read that yesterday, not sure it'll happen though.

He's in the team according to Sky.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 20 Mar 2014, 1:23 am

Ross wont be going to Utd just yet :

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley, 20, has said current boss Roberto Martinez is a better tactician than predecessor David Moyes, now struggling in his first season at Manchester United.
Full story: Daily Mirror
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next