606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendly: Preston 0 Everton 3 (Beckford 2, Saha)

+17
MagicMike
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bluey
My other LB is a Ferrari
El Pablo
Helenqu
Armchair
The President
Sheep Flavour
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Dixie Land
BB
Tonteau
ToffeeDan
Michael Crosby S74
Mr_Ben
Super
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Friendly: Preston 0 Everton 3 (Beckford 2, Saha) - Page 3 Empty Re: Friendly: Preston 0 Everton 3 (Beckford 2, Saha)

Post  The President Sat 24 Jul - 16:41

Wallace on for Rodwell
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Friendly: Preston 0 Everton 3 (Beckford 2, Saha) - Page 3 Empty Re: Friendly: Preston 0 Everton 3 (Beckford 2, Saha)

Post  Sheep Flavour Sat 24 Jul - 16:42

Unlucky Coleman.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 24 Jul - 16:43

Hibbert storms into 18 yard box, really thought he was going to score
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Sat 24 Jul - 16:44

Tony Hibbert races forward passes three players passes out to Beckford, he trys to pass to Hibbo in the box (yes you read right) and he cant just get the pass correct.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH COME ON HIBBO
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Sat 24 Jul - 16:47

Beckford has to be replaced due to an inj.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 24 Jul - 16:47

Beckford going off injured affraid (hopefully nothing too serious)
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 24 Jul - 16:52

F/T 0-3

Good Game

4 games 4 wins cheers
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Jul - 16:52

The President wrote:Beckford going off injured affraid (hopefully nothing too serious)

He's a ready made replacement for Vaughan No
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Sat 24 Jul - 16:55

That was an enjoyable game. Beckford looks good as does most of the team - exciting season ahead I think Smile
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 24 Jul - 16:56

Helenqu wrote:That was an enjoyable game. Beckford looks good as does most of the team - exciting season ahead I think Smile

Agreed Helen

If we stay fit we will do well
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 24 Jul - 16:59

Jo Silva didn't look very Portuguese .... looked more like one of Baaaaaxter's scally mates
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sat 24 Jul - 17:09

mindyerho? wrote:Jo Silva didn't look very Portuguese .... looked more like one of Baaaaaxter's scally mates
He likes a tackle, doesn't he?
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 24 Jul - 17:10

The marked difference between last year and this is massive. 0-0 last year and like watching paint dry, those boys are really at it and if we can keep the squad together come end August we should all put in a collective bet to fund the end of season party. They believe.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  El Pablo Sat 24 Jul - 17:28

I've posted the Sky Sports News clip showing the goals in the Match Highlights thread. Not great, but hopefully better than nothing.
El Pablo
El Pablo

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari Sat 24 Jul - 19:57

Any players rating ?

My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 24 Jul - 21:02

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Any players rating ?

Turner 5 Nothing to save but flapped at liitle at the corners

Hibbo 6 as right back but 7 at left back! The competition for his place is working
Jags 8 Very very solid
Dustbin. 8 Excellant too.
Baines 8
Coleman 7 the kid has it.

The Preston lads did threaten us only our back four mopped up with ease.

Midfielders

Tater 5/6 started slowly, giving the ball away very sloppy for him but grew into it and started to pull the strings
Bily 6 still looking a bit perplexed by it all but shows real quality when he moves infield.
Rodwell. good game a very sold 7 from a youngster.
Neville 7. Kept it simple, only his experience will get him a starting berth this season
Wallace.only on for a couple of mins
Gay. 7 Following his good pre season tour down under this lad is going to be a hit with the toffee faithful, the shite may have Joe Cole but this kid is going to be great for us.

Forwards Saha 7 looking sharp
Beckford. Pleasing to see him off and running, one step up and next is the prem.
Vaughan only a few mins and nothing to judge him on.

I cannot state enough the difference between last pre season and this.

Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 24 Jul - 21:11

I thought Bily did well infield, wonder if it's a positional move by DM? He left him on longer than usual, anyway.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 24 Jul - 21:17

mindyerho? wrote:I thought Bily did well infield, wonder if it's a positional move by DM? He left him on longer than usual, anyway.

It is his first pre season and he is used to different timetables in football, I just think he has it, but it will take time to come out. He's not a wide man as such. He played a reverse ball there today from infield that was brilliant. Yet he still isn't up to the speed of it. I have no doubt he is quality but I do doubt he has the consistency for our league. Maybe using him as sub and back up is enough?
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sat 24 Jul - 22:40

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:I thought Bily did well infield, wonder if it's a positional move by DM? He left him on longer than usual, anyway.

It is his first pre season and he is used to different timetables in football, I just think he has it, but it will take time to come out. He's not a wide man as such. He played a reverse ball there today from infield that was brilliant. Yet he still isn't up to the speed of it. I have no doubt he is quality but I do doubt he has the consistency for our league. Maybe using him as sub and back up is enough?
I thought Billy looked far better with Coleman playing behind him. Not a slight at Hibbert, but Coleman overlaps more often and with greater pace. I think this afforded Billy more time and space. Coleman's runs gave him an option but also pushed Billy infield and he got involved in the play more.

I agree that he's still not quite up to speed (could be pre-season fitness). Flitted between some brilliant moments (passes/ideas etc) and misplacing passes and taking too long to release it.

There's a technically gifted and intelligent footballer in there, it is just a case of getting him up to speed with the English game and his team mates, and finding a position that allows him to fulfil his potential.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MyBlueToothBrush Sun 25 Jul - 0:19

cheers cheers......looked pretty good today!!
MyBlueToothBrush
MyBlueToothBrush

Number of posts : 8297
Registration date : 2006-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 25 Jul - 14:14

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Any players rating ?

Turner 5 Nothing to save but flapped at liitle at the corners

Hibbo 6 as right back but 7 at left back! The competition for his place is working
Jags 8 Very very solid
Dustbin. 8 Excellant too.
Baines 8
Coleman 7 the kid has it.

The Preston lads did threaten us only our back four mopped up with ease.

Midfielders

Tater 5/6 started slowly, giving the ball away very sloppy for him but grew into it and started to pull the strings
Bily 6 still looking a bit perplexed by it all but shows real quality when he moves infield.
Rodwell. good game a very sold 7 from a youngster.
Neville 7. Kept it simple, only his experience will get him a starting berth this season
Wallace.only on for a couple of mins
Gay. 7 Following his good pre season tour down under this lad is going to be a hit with the toffee faithful, the shite may have Joe Cole but this kid is going to be great for us.

Forwards Saha 7 looking sharp
Beckford. Pleasing to see him off and running, one step up and next is the prem.
Vaughan only a few mins and nothing to judge him on.

I cannot state enough the difference between last pre season and this.

Promising indeed!

And thanks for the player ratings.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 25 Jul - 23:35

What position is My Gay playing in?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Mon 26 Jul - 12:53

Bluejags wrote:What position is My Gay playing in?

in the hole...... pale
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3