606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5: Johnny Heitinga -"proud Evertonian"

+45
Merseyblue
Dixie Land
Mr_Ben
Knight of Thorgothshire
Armchair
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
The President
Hinchcliffe Corner
Statman
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
Tonteau
Goodison_Gringo
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
Lumper
Da Judge
Bryan
SEFTON
tadpole
fatboblatch
notepad
Cahill the Great
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Sheep Flavour
yankthetoffee
Michael Crosby S74
ToffeeDan
The Griffin
MagicMike
Albert
Top Balcony Blue
BB
Diamond
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Bluey
Mr Perpetual Motion
detroitblue
Luka Perfect
tadpole3
Brummie No Mates
paul
Mick-J-
49 posters

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next

Go down

5: Johnny Heitinga -"proud Evertonian" - Page 17 Empty Re: 5: Johnny Heitinga -"proud Evertonian"

Post  Tonteau Mon 18 Oct 2010, 3:22 pm

Well, we all knew Grav wasn't a hard man, but a mad man. He just looked nails.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

5: Johnny Heitinga -"proud Evertonian" - Page 17 Empty Re: 5: Johnny Heitinga -"proud Evertonian"

Post  The Griffin Mon 18 Oct 2010, 3:28 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:He had a couple of little moments in the first 10 minutes with S Me La & he definitely came out on top... no crap from Johnnie... it was kinda like saying to Me La, if you wanna mix it, I'm yer man...

I remain a Johnnie fan & I'm certain he will be a massive player for Everton...

He'll prove to be a mammoth signing & when he gets his 1st goal he'll get the step up that I feel he is so desperately looking for.

Interesting point, that. Gravesen seemed to spark off his best period for the club after a few goals came along during the last 5 months of his contract, too.

Put it straight for you...
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 26 Oct 2010, 9:41 am

Everton manager David Moyes claims John Heitinga has not warranted a regular place in the first-team so far this season, despite playing in the World Cup final earlier in the year. Dutch defender Heitinga, 26, has been a bit-part player for the Toffees this term despite a starring role in his country's South Africa campaign in the summer.

The former Ajax and Atletico Madrid man has only started four Premier League games and Moyes insists there is no time for egos at Goodison Park. "There's been disappointment on his part that he didn't start in the team," he said in the Daily Star.
"The reason was that I didn't feel that he had regained his focus from the World Cup.
"You could argue a few players have not got into their form after it. "But I think he needed to regain his focus. In a way, I think he probably accepted that. "He's maybe realising now there's big competition for places here - and it doesn't matter if you play in the World Cup final for Holland. "If you don't play that well, we can't start you.
"He may not accept it, but he's the type of character that knows what's right in this football world."

Heitinga moved to Merseyside in August last year for £6million and was a key player for the club last season.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38111
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 26 Oct 2010, 2:21 pm

Super wrote:Everton manager David Moyes claims John Heitinga has not warranted a regular place in the first-team so far this season, despite playing in the World Cup final earlier in the year. Dutch defender Heitinga, 26, has been a bit-part player for the Toffees this term despite a starring role in his country's South Africa campaign in the summer.

The former Ajax and Atletico Madrid man has only started four Premier League games and Moyes insists there is no time for egos at Goodison Park. "There's been disappointment on his part that he didn't start in the team," he said in the Daily Star.
"The reason was that I didn't feel that he had regained his focus from the World Cup.
"You could argue a few players have not got into their form after it. "But I think he needed to regain his focus. In a way, I think he probably accepted that. "He's maybe realising now there's big competition for places here - and it doesn't matter if you play in the World Cup final for Holland. "If you don't play that well, we can't start you.
"He may not accept it, but he's the type of character that knows what's right in this football world."

Heitinga moved to Merseyside in August last year for £6million and was a key player for the club last season.
Maybe he's eyeing a move and therefore isn't too focused...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Tue 26 Oct 2010, 4:02 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:Everton manager David Moyes claims John Heitinga has not warranted a regular place in the first-team so far this season, despite playing in the World Cup final earlier in the year. Dutch defender Heitinga, 26, has been a bit-part player for the Toffees this term despite a starring role in his country's South Africa campaign in the summer.

I don't think he was, the fans really wanted him to be, but he really wasn't\isn't!
I want to like him, but as I've said previously, I just don't get him!
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 26 Oct 2010, 4:43 pm

notepad wrote:

I don't think he was, the fans really wanted him to be, but he really wasn't\isn't!
I want to like him, but as I've said previously, I just don't get him!
With Arteta and Fellaini back in the squad, he won't play too much I think.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 18 Nov 2010, 12:18 pm

completely forgot to post this off kipper

santadomingo1878, one of the best posters on kipper with ITK stuff said last week that heitinga has told moyes that he wants to leave in january

http://www.bluekipper.net/index.php?showtopic=57004

i know people have reservations about 'ITK' people but this guy's history is brilliant, always spot on
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Thu 18 Nov 2010, 12:21 pm

paul wrote:completely forgot to post this off kipper

santadomingo1878, one of the best posters on kipper with ITK stuff said last week that heitinga has told moyes that he wants to leave in january

i know people have reservations about 'ITK' people but this guy's history is brilliant, always spot on

Well the way he is playing this season, not too bothered to be honest.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Thu 18 Nov 2010, 12:24 pm

Bluejags wrote:
paul wrote:completely forgot to post this off kipper

Well the way he is playing this season, not too bothered to be honest.
no same, i'd probs take 5m+, hopefully can get a bit more from a team like bayern or something! when it's at the stage where i'd rather see hibbert rb and neville CM you know you chould get rid of the player!
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Thu 18 Nov 2010, 1:27 pm

Heitinga became a huge favourite of the fans last season. This season has been hard, and last match he had to face the referee who sent him off in the biggest game a footballer could ever experience in his lifetime. Maybe we can be a bit more patient with the lad? Soon, he will find himself again.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 18 Nov 2010, 1:45 pm

He is a quality player. Last season we were all talking about how £6m was a good deal. So I would like him to stay if he wants to, but obviously if he wants to leg it then hopefully we can at least re-coup the money we spent on him.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 18 Nov 2010, 1:59 pm

He's a good player, but how much will he play? I'd like to keep him, but if we were to sell him and get a quality winger in instead, I would at least look at it.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 18 Nov 2010, 4:01 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:He's a good player, but how much will he play? I'd like to keep him, but if we were to sell him and get a quality winger in instead, I would at least look at it.

I still see him as part of a long term centre back partnership with Jags. they were excellent together last year and seemed to develop an understanding that Jags tackles but lets Johnny do the passing. I know Distin has been decent of late but it's supposedly a squad game. I'd give him some games at CB to keep him sweet.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 18 Nov 2010, 4:40 pm

His best spell was at Centre Half with Distin, funnily enough. I don't think he's quite got the concentration of Pip or the skills of Fellaini for midfield. But I don't think he'll keep Jags out of the team at centre half.

In a way I'm reluctant to lose him as he's a good squad player who adds a lot of strength to our squad, but as notepad, says; he is something of a nothing player. I don't really know where he fits in best. He never stands out in one position, but looks decent in a couple. The thing that galls me is that if it was the shite that were selling him, they'd probably get rid for £10 million despite him not really having done a great deal.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Thu 18 Nov 2010, 5:07 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:He's a good player, but how much will he play? I'd like to keep him, but if we were to sell him and get a quality winger in instead, I would at least look at it.

I still see him as part of a long term centre back partnership with Jags. they were excellent together last year and seemed to develop an understanding that Jags tackles but lets Johnny do the passing. I know Distin has been decent of late but it's supposedly a squad game. I'd give him some games at CB to keep him sweet.

Jags has been pretty mediocre for a long time if we're honest. He won the fans over in the Lescott days, and received player of the year, but peaking just before his accident, he's not been the same player. If we were to look at 'the squad' then for me it would be to drop Jags, and I've felt that way for quite some time.

Last edited by BB on Fri 19 Nov 2010, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Fri 19 Nov 2010, 2:56 pm

we're screwed if Jags or Distin get injured or have a bad run of form
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sat 01 Jan 2011, 8:05 pm

Heard he had a fitness test along with Jags today. Anyone know how he shaped up?
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 01 Jan 2011, 8:16 pm

tadpole wrote:we're screwed if Jags or Distin get injured or have a bad run of form
We would be in deep shit if Distin got injured. Our most consistent performer this season by a mile.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 06 Jan 2011, 7:53 pm

So, what did we think about Jonny5's performance last night.
Amazingly he seemed to find himself 1on1 with Crouch, but maybe DM didn't think the robot was such a threat in the air?
Distribution is still so-so at best.
Solid steady performance, but just doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 06 Jan 2011, 8:46 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:So, what did we think about Jonny5's performance last night.
Amazingly he seemed to find himself 1on1 with Crouch, but maybe DM didn't think the robot was such a threat in the air?
Distribution is still so-so at best.
Solid steady performance, but just doesn't seem to have the fire in his belly?

I think Spuds targetted him to get him marking Crouch. I thought he did ok.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22558
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Thu 06 Jan 2011, 9:43 pm

He played with fire in his belly last night and tried to get the fans going....but he did make some mistakes but he has had a few bad games so just finding his feet again.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 06 Jan 2011, 9:54 pm

Thought he did OK, played that nice little slider through the Fellaini to start the move for Saha's goal, think VdV was sent thr wrong way. Also I though he was pushed in the back when Crouch headed the ball down for VdV, though the way Nev was playing it was probably 'im wot dun it'

And he does try to whip up the crowd.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:47 pm

rumours chelsea are in for him??
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:51 pm

Diamond wrote:rumours chelsea are in for him??
£1M - which is really just silly.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Mon 31 Jan 2011, 9:53 pm

Diamond wrote:rumours chelsea are in for him??
£1M - which is really just silly.

Is that the fee? that would be taking the piss. I tell you if Neville and Heltinga leave and no one comes in I will thinking those stories about going into Administration are true.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 25 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 25  Next