606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

+43
tadpole
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Cahill the Great
Goodison_Gringo
SouthernSmugToffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Sheep Flavour
Mr_Ben
BB
Armchair
The President
Sack the Juggler
Tonteau
Albert
Blue gazza
MagicMike
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Da Judge
Dixie Land
RhinoJagz
Diamond
Lumper
The Griffin
My other LB is a Ferrari
WellOilBeefHooked
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bluey
Luka Perfect
Top Balcony Blue
Brummie No Mates
Gazbow
notepad
Bryan
Valentino Blue
ToffeeDan
Statman
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
El Pablo
47 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 15 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 04 May 2011, 9:24 pm

Is it really over for the Yak at Everton? Id rather keep him than sell him for £2m quid. I wonder if he's got his fitness and hunger back.

Surely a better option than Vic next season?
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 15 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Tonteau Wed 04 May 2011, 9:47 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:Is it really over for the Yak at Everton? Id rather keep him than sell him for £2m quid. I wonder if he's got his fitness and hunger back.

Agree with you. The Yak can do a job, defo.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 05 May 2011, 9:44 am

Tonteau wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:Is it really over for the Yak at Everton? Id rather keep him than sell him for £2m quid. I wonder if he's got his fitness and hunger back.

he's not arsed any more is he? he's just after an easy life
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 05 May 2011, 11:56 am

Albert wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

That's the thing I don't get. He was superb in the away game against fulham (bar his finishing) and his workrate against the shite in the 2-0 win was fantastic, great goal against stoke. Then, just when it looks like the yak was back, we drop him and ship him out to Leicester.

Think about what you can get for £2 million. We're unlikely to get better than the Yak. Unless his wages are a big, big drain or we can get £5 million+ for him I think we'd be best off keeping him. A proven premier league goalscorer, regardless of age, is hard to come by.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 05 May 2011, 12:18 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Albert wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

That's the thing I don't get. He was superb in the away game against fulham (bar his finishing) and his workrate against the shite in the 2-0 win was fantastic, great goal against stoke. Then, just when it looks like the yak was back, we drop him and ship him out to Leicester.

Think about what you can get for £2 million. We're unlikely to get better than the Yak. Unless his wages are a big, big drain or we can get £5 million+ for him I think we'd be best off keeping him. A proven premier league goalscorer, regardless of age, is hard to come by.

I agree mate. He holds the ball up very well even when he is out of form which allows players such as Cahill and Arteta to get involved. This is something that Saha does not do as well and Beckford does not do at all. Victor is just shit Players like Cahill looked more effective when the Yak played IMO.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 05 May 2011, 7:09 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Albert wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

but didn't we turn down 5M + from Wet Spam last year... I don't get it at all... makes no sense.

the rumours that he fell out with Moyes big style seem to be the only sensible answer to me

he's only 28 isnt he <cough>

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 05 May 2011, 10:24 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Albert wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

but didn't we turn down 5M + from Wet Spam last year... I don't get it at all... makes no sense.

the rumours that he fell out with Moyes big style seem to be the only sensible answer to me

I think for £5m I would definitely sell and if the papers are to be believed we got an offer for at £5m last summer. He was embarrassing during the world cup and could still easily put on 2-3 stone over the summer so it is a difficult calll.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 05 May 2011, 10:25 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Albert wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

I think for £5m I would definitely sell and if the papers are to be believed we got an offer for at £5m last summer. He was embarrassing during the world cup and could still easily put on 2-3 stone over the summer so it is a difficult calll.

i read somewhere that all the nigerians hate him over that world cup
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 06 May 2011, 9:39 am

Albert wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Albert wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Maybe Vic told Moyes to ship out Yak or he would refuse to play? (should've kept the Yak Laughing )
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 06 May 2011, 5:18 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Albert wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Albert wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Maybe Vic told Moyes to ship out Yak or he would refuse to play? (should've kept the Yak Laughing )
maybe if we put a Nigerian buy one get one free offer, we'll get 5Mill...

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 07 May 2011, 12:19 am

To be fair £2million is a nigerian £5million. It's probably about all we're going to get.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 07 May 2011, 12:27 am

Tonteau wrote:To be fair £2million is a nigerian £5million. It's probably about all we're going to get.

lol! lol! lol!
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 07 May 2011, 3:04 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Tonteau wrote:To be fair £2million is a nigerian £5million. It's probably about all we're going to get.

lol! lol! lol!
lol! lol! Indeed. lol! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:41 am

Leicester are set to push through a permanent deal for Yakubu.

The Nigerian striker, 28, scored 11 goals after joining the Championship side on loan from Everton in January.

He picks up £36,000-a-week at Goodison, but is willing to return to the Foxes.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:49 pm

Super wrote:
Leicester are set to push through a permanent deal for Yakubu.

The Nigerian striker, 28, scored 11 goals after joining the Championship side on loan from Everton in January.

He picks up £36,000-a-week at Goodison, but is willing to return to the Foxes.

Read somewhere this morning that Wet Spam are also now involved... the more the merrier for us... may push the price up ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:00 pm

I would tell Wet Spam to fook right off and laugh at them down the phone. They might have stayed up if they had a player that could score, serves them right for trying to take the piss in January.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 13 Jun 2011, 8:44 am

Newcastle hope to fend off late interest from Everton to sign West Ham's Demba Ba. The move will hinge on whether the striker, 26, can pass a medical. Newcastle have swooped after Lorient's Kevin Gameiro joined Paris-Saint Germain.

Sportsmail revealed Everton's interest in Ba last month, but it's believed he wants around £4m a year. The Hammers have rekindled their interest in Everton striker Yakubu, 28, as Leicester are struggling to meet his wage demands of £35,000 per week.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 13 Jun 2011, 9:46 am

Super wrote:
Newcastle hope to fend off late interest from Everton to sign West Ham's Demba Ba. The move will hinge on whether the striker, 26, can pass a medical. Newcastle have swooped after Lorient's Kevin Gameiro joined Paris-Saint Germain.

Sportsmail revealed Everton's interest in Ba last month, but it's believed he wants around £4m a year. The Hammers have rekindled their interest in Everton striker Yakubu, 28, as Leicester are struggling to meet his wage demands of £35,000 per week.

WTF Shocked
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 13 Jun 2011, 9:54 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
Super wrote:

WTF Shocked

£75k a week for a player who helped get his side relegated last year. The problem with footie is not that players earn too much, it's that the differential between the best players - a Rooney for example - and the average players is too small. Let's say Roo earns £150k a week, and he is possibly the top player in the country, helping his team win the title for a record 19th time and reaching the CL final. I would say he is the equivalent of a Bill Gates. Ba, on the same scale, is the equivalent of the bloke who runs the photo-copying shop at the bottom of our road and is in danger of going bust. So, on the Rooney/Gates scale, we should offer Ba £27.50 a week plus annual bonus of a fishcake.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 05 Jul 2011, 9:58 am

Yakubu will be included in the Everton squad to fly to Austria for a training camp today as doubts persist over his future at the club.

The Nigerian striker spent the second half of last season on loan at Leicester but the clubs have not agreed a permanent move.

David Moyes will sell Yakubu, 28, at the right price but plans to include the centre forward in his plans until then.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies Mon 11 Jul 2011, 12:20 am

According to twitter

Everton have taken a £3.5m deal with #LCFC over Yakubu off the table, meaning #LCFC offer a huge take it or leave it deal for Maynard #BCFC

Sounds like he is staying then. I hues DM spoke to him during the pre-season trip to Austria and this was agreed. 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 15 Confused
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 12 Jul 2011, 8:35 pm

I hope he stays & kisses & makes up with Moyes... then lays off the pies & carries on playing like he did against the shite... fuck knows we need him & we can't afford anyone else Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 01 Aug 2011, 2:03 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I hope he stays & kisses & makes up with Moyes... then lays off the pies & carries on playing like he did against the shite... fuck knows we need him & we can't afford anyone else Wink

Played against B'ham in the friendly.
Staying?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:03 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I hope he stays & kisses & makes up with Moyes... then lays off the pies & carries on playing like he did against the shite... fuck knows we need him & we can't afford anyone else Wink

Played against B'ham in the friendly.
Staying?

I hope so. He's a proven PL goalscorer and there is no way we could afford to replace him with anyone decent with the transfer fee he would command (£4-5m).
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 01 Aug 2011, 3:06 pm

technically a new signing as we didn't have him since early October last year
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next