606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)  Empty Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 11:06 am

Same sh*t, different week, or the start of a turn around?

On paper, should be confident of going to the Cottage confident of a win, in reality, given our form and poor record at Fulham, a draw would be a result to be content with.

Teams I would like to see,

Howard
Neville Jagielka Heitinga Baines
Coleman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar
Beckford Yakubu

Howard
Neville Jagielka Heitinga Baines
Coleman Arteta Fellaini Pienaar
Cahill/Billy
Yakubu/Beckford

Team I expect to see,

Howard
Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines
Osman Neville Arteta Pienaar
Cahill/Fellaini
Yakubu

I'm going for a bore draw, 0-0.
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)  Empty Re: Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)

Post  BB on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 11:07 am

I'm going to predict a 3-0 defeat.

* method in madness smiley.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)  Empty Re: Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)

Post  Armchair on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 11:10 am

We always lose at Fulham. So I reckon we'll win 2-1.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20298
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 11:32 am

Can Everton finally get their first win of the season this weekend away at Fulham? Should Davey Moyes still be in charge? If he is, will be decide that he needs to make changes that the fans have been calling out for? Are we in for a really, really long season?

Questions, questions, questions but who has the answers?

Let’s start with the beauty of a fact… we have only ever played one game in the Premiership on the 25th Sept. That was back in 1993 when we played Norwich City at home, when we were at the time 4th in the league and Norwich were 11th. Everton take a 13th minute lead through Paul Rideout, but Norwich equalising on the stroke of halftime through Efan Ekoku. What follows in the 2nd half, can only be best described as a nightmare – Ekoku hits another 3 goals in 12 minutes of football and Chris Sutton also gets on the scoresheet to make the final score Everton 1 Norwich 5.

Now Fulham away has always been known as one of the fixtures that Everton seem to always struggle with getting a result, in the premiership our reord of 1 win and 8 defeats speaks for itself, scoring only 4 goals in those 9 games and conceding 13.

The way things are going would be happy with a point come 5pm on Saturday, but Everton being Everton really can’t predict what might happen.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37119
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 11:54 am

We're going to start playing and winning some time guys, have faith! When we do, you can bet your arse we'll have a quality run. I'm hoping it'll start with this game.

2-0 to Everton (Fellaini and Yak)
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 12:27 pm

We are shite, but Fulham are uber-shite. We'll still lose 1-0 though.

Number of posts : 13159
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors on Wed 22 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

He's Our Tater Not Yours wrote:Same sh*t, different week, or the start of a turn around?

I'm going to be pedantic and say "Same sh*t, same week," seeing as we lost to Brentford yesterday.

Not having seen much of Everton this season, I'm not sure if we're as bad as it sounds, or if it's just our failure to score that means we keep losing. If Yak had been fully fit and sharp from day 1, and we'd got 7 points from our first three league games and beaten Brentford, would we be complaining about people playing out of position?
Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)  Confused

fourdoors

Number of posts : 696
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 6:47 am

4-1 to Fulham, i think we are on the verge of getting a good thrashing.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 11:40 am

First rallying cry....

Skipper Phil Neville insists Everton will come out fighting following their shock Carling Cup exit.

The former England man refused to make excuses after the Blues were knocked out following a penalty shootout defeat to npower League One side Brentford.

The loss comes after a below par start in the league and Neville told evertontv: “I put my life on this group of players. The spirit that everyone raves about has to come to the fore now.

“As captain I have to make sure I'm leading from the front, but I couldn't want a better set of players behind me to get us out of this mess that we're in.

“Lets not beat about the bush, Brentford are a team we should be beating. They are struggling in League One, so no excuses – we need to give ourselves a kick up the backside and start playing winning football.

“It's got to turn around quickly because we're out of the cup, we're second from bottom in the league and it's not good enough by the standards we've set ourselves.”

The Toffees could have been comfortably in front early in the game at Griffin Park but the hosts also missed a penalty deep into the second half.

Neville says the Blues are lacking a ruthless streak at the moment and that in the end they probably did not deserve to go through.

"We're gutted but there are no excuses,” he added. “We should have had the game wrapped up after 20 minutes. When you go into the second half and you concede a penalty after you've conceded a bad goal then maybe Brentford got their just reward on the night.

“If you don't score, you don't put the ball in the net and you're not clinical then you get what you deserve - we got that at Brentford.”
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 12:31 pm

Super wrote:First rallying cry....

Skipper Phil Neville insists Everton will come out fighting following their shock Carling Cup exit.

The former England man refused to make excuses after the Blues were knocked out following a penalty shootout defeat to npower League One side Brentford.

The loss comes after a below par start in the league and Neville told evertontv: “I put my life on this group of players. The spirit that everyone raves about has to come to the fore now.

“As captain I have to make sure I'm leading from the front, but I couldn't want a better set of players behind me to get us out of this mess that we're in.

“Lets not beat about the bush, Brentford are a team we should be beating. They are struggling in League One, so no excuses – we need to give ourselves a kick up the backside and start playing winning football.

“It's got to turn around quickly because we're out of the cup, we're second from bottom in the league and it's not good enough by the standards we've set ourselves.”

The Toffees could have been comfortably in front early in the game at Griffin Park but the hosts also missed a penalty deep into the second half.

Neville says the Blues are lacking a ruthless streak at the moment and that in the end they probably did not deserve to go through.

"We're gutted but there are no excuses,” he added. “We should have had the game wrapped up after 20 minutes. When you go into the second half and you concede a penalty after you've conceded a bad goal then maybe Brentford got their just reward on the night.

“If you don't score, you don't put the ball in the net and you're not clinical then you get what you deserve - we got that at Brentford.”

Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)  090-0710

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 1:06 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:4-1 to Fulham, i think we are on the verge of getting a good thrashing.

Only they now have no fit strikers with Dembele getting injured at Stoke
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 1:53 pm

Perfect Heit wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:4-1 to Fulham, i think we are on the verge of getting a good thrashing.

Duff hat trick and a murphy header........................... No pale
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 5:57 pm

BB wrote:I'm going to predict a 3-0 defeat.

Me too (COYB!)
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 5:58 pm

The Griffin wrote:
BB wrote:I'm going to predict a 3-0 defeat.

Me too (COYB!)

Coward tongue at least I am going...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8977

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 6:06 pm

2-1 defeat after taking an early lead, and with Wet Spam surprising Spuds with a 3-2 win, we go bottom of the division. Moyles now coming under severe pressure, but Marty O'Kneel distances himself from the club by saying 'I wouldn't manage that sack of shite, they've got less dosh than fucking Villuh!'
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 4850
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 6:15 pm

callmebubbles wrote:2-1 defeat after taking an early lead, and with Wet Spam surprising Spuds with a 3-2 win, we go bottom of the division. Moyles now coming under severe pressure, but Marty O'Kneel distances himself from the club by saying 'I wouldn't manage that sack of shite, they've got less dosh than fucking Villuh!'
Sleep

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8977

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 7:29 pm

Right...I want everyone to refer back to me on this when it happens....WE WILL WIN...end of...
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 8:12 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Perfect Heit wrote:

Duff hat trick and a murphy header........................... No pale

Simon Davies will score his annual goal on Saturday.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20298
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 11:54 pm

This is the season starter

Fulham 0 Everton 3
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 24 Sep 2010, 8:56 am

We are doomed.....

Lawro predicts: Fulham v Everton

Considering the job he has done, I find it unbelievable that there is now a bit of pressure on Everton boss David Moyes after their home defeat by Newcastle and Carling Cup exit on penalties at the hands of Brentford.

Yes, they were two poor results but Everton have been playing some decent football and creating stacks of chances. Their luck will turn soon, and it could happen for them at Craven Cottage.

Fulham are still unbeaten in the league this season, and look very solid, but Moussa Dembele has joined Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson on the sidelines and they might not carry enough of a threat up front.

Prediction: 1-2
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Fri 24 Sep 2010, 10:32 am

STATS
Everton have generally enjoyed the better of league games against Fulham, with the Cottagers enjoying the better of cup meetings between the sides. Overall Everton have prevailed 22 times in the league with the West London club picking up 14 wins – eight games have been drawn. Everton’s 2-0 win at Craven Cottage in May 2009 disrupted the perfect symmetry of Premier League meetings between the clubs. All other meetings have resulted in the home side picking up maximum points.

US AND THEM
There are quite a few connections between the two at the moment with ex-Fulham man Louis Saha now wearing Blue and ex-Toffee Andy Johnson at Craven Cottage. Former Blue Simon Davies is also an integral part of the current Cottagers side, while John Collins and Olivier Dacourt have also turned out for both clubs. Add in Phillipe Senderos (yet to play competitively for Fulham because of injury), Mark Pembridge, Brian McBride and Tomasz Radzinski there has been quite a bit of movement between the clubs in recent years.

LAST MEETING
Mikel Arteta kept his nerve to convert from the penalty spot to give Everton a 2-1 win at Goodison Park as the Blues’ storming finish to the 2009/10 campaign continued. Erik Nevland had earlier stunned the home supporters with a 36th minute opener before a Chris Smalling own goal levelled matters just after half-time.

TEAM NEWS
Fulham are reeling from the loss of talismanic striker Bobby Zamora. The striker has thrust himself into England contention thanks to a prolonged spell of impressive form but a broken leg suffered against Wolves is likely to keep him sidelined for some time. So with Andy Johnson (knee), Moussa Dembele (leg) and Diomansy Kamara (calf) all out, manager Mark Hughes is very short up front. Defenders Rafik Halliche (groin), Frederik Stoor (groin) and ex-Blue Phillipe Senderos (achilles) are also out, as is keeper David Stockdale (ankle).

The Blues will be hoping Tim Cahill (knee) will be back but Victor Anichebe (knee), Jack Rodwell (ankle) and Louis Saha (calf) are all unlikely to feature.

FORM
Fulham are one of few unbeaten teams left in the Premier League – the others being Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United. The Cottagers have been solid if unspectacular and have drawn four and won once in five outings so far. At home they have beaten Wolves and drawn with Manchester United. Their first defeat of the season came in midweek when they lost 2-0 at Stoke in the Carling Cup.

THE MANAGER
Mark Hughes will need little introduction to Everton fans, having turned out for the club in the twilight of his playing career. As a manager he has enjoyed a decent record wherever he has been, initially with the Welsh national side before transferring that to club management first with Blackburn and then with Manchester City. After being relieved of his duties at Eastlands he succeeded Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage in the summer.

KEY MAN
Brede Hangeland has emerged as one of the best defenders in the Premier League since his transfer from FC Copenhagen in 2006. The defender, at 6ft 5ins, is a tower of strength in the air and a menace in the opposition box. He reads the game well and has been vitally important to Fulham’s recent success. His consistency has seen him named Norway captain while he is continually linked with big moves in the press.

GOAL THREAT
With most of their main strikers on the treatment table, the Cottagers are likely to look to Clint Dempsey to lead the line on Saturday. The American has scored twice this season – against Preston in the League Cup and at Blackburn last week to earn his side a point.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 24 Sep 2010, 11:14 am

John Giles in his weekly Premier League preview on Newstalk talked at length about Everton and Liverpool and how he thinks Liverpool are in a far worse situation in regards general form and lack of strength in the squad. Was impressed with our play in general (refered to the Villa game alot) and how we just need to sharpen up in the final third. Liverpool though. Hopeless.. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Fri 24 Sep 2010, 11:27 am

The President wrote:This is the season starter

Fulham 0 Everton 3

We have made our obligitory slow start, now its onwards and upwards. I hope.

Fulham don't have any fit strikers to speak of, so we should keep a clean sheet IMO.

cheers
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Fri 24 Sep 2010, 1:29 pm

Hangeland 1-0 after 5 minutes.
Moyes quits at half time.
Round takes over but Fulham score another 3 before injury time.
Arteta sent off in seven languages.
Round Fired during injury time and Oneill takes over for the coach-ride home.
O'Neill quits as they pass Birmingham.
Alan Irvine reappointed and signs Jimmy Mac, Carsley, Yobo and Billy Bingham while firing the whole squad except Phil Neville for their part in the unrest in the dressing room.
This turns things around and we go unbeaten for the rest of the season.
Unfortunately we draw every game 1-1 and finish with 35 points.
We get into Europe as winners of the fair play league as we can no longer kick our way out of a paper bag. Fulham 0 Everton 0 (Yakubu - oops, sorry, nearly!)  Icon_sad

Next season. Eliminated in Euro qualifying rounds by Bangor City.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Fri 24 Sep 2010, 1:47 pm

More rallying calls, this time from Arteta today. And not to be out done, Liverpool have unleased Gerrard to rally the Shite troops as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum