606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crystal Palace vs Everton

+8
Goodison_Gringo
Da Judge
Yankthattoffee
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Rotterdam 1985
Tonteau
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Crystal Palace vs Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace vs Everton

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 11 Nov 2023, 3:18 pm

What's the scoop other penalty. I've got radio 5 only today.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 11 Nov 2023, 3:58 pm

A bit of a strange half.

We scored after 52 seconds, and CP go more or less straight up the other end and get a penalty. There was SOOO little contact in my opinion, but if there is ANY contact the attacking player is going to hit the floor to get the penalty. It's just how it is and everyone knows it.

CP playing some nice football at times. Reminds me a bit about last weekend when Brighton had us chasing shadows not getting to borrow the ball much. We got better the last 5-10 minutes in the half though.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 11 Nov 2023, 4:06 pm

Gueye on for Onana at half time.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 11 Nov 2023, 4:10 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:What's the scoop other penalty. I've got radio 5 only today.

Don't think there was contact but Branthwaite dangle his leg. We struggled with Eze.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 11 Nov 2023, 4:16 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:What's the scoop other penalty. I've got radio 5 only today.

Don't think there was contact but Branthwaite dangle his leg. We struggled with Eze.
Eze was booked for a dive then should have gone for a 2nd yellow on Onana..

DUUUUUUKKKKKEEEEEEE 1-2 cheers

Number of posts : 41045

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 11 Nov 2023, 4:41 pm

2-2 and we are under the cosh with 10 mins left

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 11 Nov 2023, 4:48 pm

IDIRSSSSSSSSSAAAAAA cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 11 Nov 2023, 4:54 pm

We're gonna win the league cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:01 pm

FT 2-3 cheers cheers

COYB bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:01 pm

Yay.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:02 pm

Great win. Bad time to play Palace with Eze and Olise back. Threw away the lead twice but still had the balls to win it.

8 points clear of the bottom 4 now. Steady progress.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:08 pm

What a game!

3 points! I'm a bit spent at the moment, I was getting nervous!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:09 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Great win. Bad time to play Palace with Eze and Olise back. Threw away the lead twice but still had the balls to win it.

8 points clear of the bottom 4 now. Steady progress.

6 points off Europe and more importantly only 4 points off safety if the Premier League gets it's way.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:25 pm

hairy cataract wrote:We score after 17 seconds, then shut up shop.

Not a bad shout as it happens..

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:28 pm

We only need to pick up 4 more points to be out of the bottom three Very Happy ... with our 12 points deduction in play

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:36 pm

Great result today ,three points not expected ,if your Ian Wright or Roy Keane Everton won’t win at Selhurst was the cry ,
Pundits know f*ck all about football ,UTF London heart breaking toffees. 😂
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sat 11 Nov 2023, 5:55 pm

What a result that was. I really thought Palace were going to dive there was to victory but Everton are a side who just won’t be beaten at the minute. Some great defensive performances (apart from Tarks on the second goal) and Doucoure/Garner were brilliant through the game. I always like going into the international break with a win under our belts.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:05 pm

Obviously we are all ecstatic by the win, but having 20% possession in games will ultimately hurt us. It happened against Brighton and again today. And it's not like we are playing Man City!

Anyway, need to get Garner developed into more of a ball / midfield controlling player.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 11 Nov 2023, 6:40 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Obviously we are all ecstatic by the win, but having 20% possession in games will ultimately hurt us. It happened against Brighton and again today. And it's not like we are playing Man City!

Anyway, need to get Garner developed into more of a ball / midfield controlling player.  

34% according to the beeb. Ultimately we’ve done the possession thing with Bobby and it was pointless because we couldn’t defend. At the moment, I’m happy to have a team that looks like they might score a goal when they attack and not collapse under the slightest pressure at the back. I don’t dread Saturday matchdays any more and given the last two seasons, this is all progress for me.

Interestingly the one game in which we had more possession was the Luton loss (don’t know what the Sheffield United stats were but possibly had more of the ball and still couldn’t win).
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 11 Nov 2023, 7:12 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Obviously we are all ecstatic by the win, but having 20% possession in games will ultimately hurt us. It happened against Brighton and again today. And it's not like we are playing Man City!

34% according to the beeb. Ultimately we’ve done the possession thing with Bobby and it was pointless because we couldn’t defend. At the moment, I’m happy to have a team that looks like they might score a goal when they attack and not collapse under the slightest pressure at the back. I don’t dread Saturday matchdays any more and given the last two seasons, this is all progress for me.

Interestingly the one game in which we had more possession was the Luton loss (don’t know what the Sheffield United stats were but possibly had more of the ball and still couldn’t win).
Regarding the possession, you are likely correct, I just heard the commentator stating that deep into the second half it was 80/20 for the half. So yeah, overall, it was probably 34%, but my point being that we do a lot of running and towards the end of the season it'll be difficult to keep it up, especially since we are rather cautious using subs.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 10:55 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Regarding the possession, you are likely correct, I just heard the commentator stating that deep into the second half it was 80/20 for the half. So yeah, overall, it was probably 34%, but my point being that we do a lot of running and towards the end of the season it'll be difficult to keep it up, especially since we are rather cautious using subs.

It's partly just the way we play. When in possession we don't fuck around with it, we have a plan, to get the ball wide to McNeil and Harrison with a view to feeding Duke or DCL.

Possession can be overrated. Burnley are trying to be a possession team and look where it's getting them. I was talking to my lad about the Brighton game earlier, he watched it. He reckons Brighton were shit-scared to do anything with their 80% possession because of how we fucked them on the counter in the 5-1 game. So it ended up as possession for the sake of it, possession for negative reasons. We also talked about Iwobi, and how he was always the one who tried to make something happen for us during the dark Rafa/Lamps days but his end product was so bad so often. We're doing more with less right now, and I'm OK with that. Even Carlo was happy to concede possession and territory when he was in charge and when we were going well.

The team I really enjoy watching right now is Spurs under Postecoglu. Good technical players but they play with pace and want to get the ball forward pretty quickly.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 11 Nov 2023, 11:13 pm

Just watched the whole game, it was Sky's Game of the Day.

Easily Branthwaite's most shaky game so far. He had problems with Eze running at him, but then who wouldn't? Eze is great. Not sure whether Tarko got a call from Pickford for his fuck-up, or whether it was his own miscalculation. Either way, to win a game that featured a big error each from the thus-far excellent Tarko and Branthwaite is a bit of a bonus.

We are a bit long ball at times but I'm OK with that because we're playing some attacking football, we're playing with purpose, we know our best XI and we have a template for how we play. Garner for Idrissa is a positive move, but even when Idrissa came on second half, he wasn't sitting in front of the CBs, he was in the box to score the winner late on.

And I love the fact that different players are scoring goals. In our last six games our scorers have been:

Myko (2)
Duke (2)
Idrissa
Tarko
Onana
Young
DCL
Garner
Harrison

6 wins in 9 now. 3 away wins in 4, all in London, weirdly. And crucially, they were all wins against the sort of mid-table teams we need to take points from, given the "easy" games we wasted early on - Palace, West Ham, Brentford.

Steady progress, but a tough run of games now up until Christmas. We will probably still be bottom six come the start of the year. so we can't get carried away, but we should be encouraged by the undoubted progress.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 12 Nov 2023, 8:44 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Just watched the whole game, it was Sky's Game of the Day.

Easily Branthwaite's most shaky game so far. He had problems with Eze running at him, but then who wouldn't? Eze is great. Not sure whether Tarko got a call from Pickford for his fuck-up, or whether it was his own miscalculation. Either way, to win a game that featured a big error each from the thus-far excellent Tarko and Branthwaite is a bit of a bonus.

We are a bit long ball at times but I'm OK with that because we're playing some attacking football, we're playing with purpose, we know our best XI and we have a template for how we play. Garner for Idrissa is a positive move, but even when Idrissa came on second half, he wasn't sitting in front of the CBs, he was in the box to score the winner late on.

And I love the fact that different players are scoring goals. In our last six games our scorers have been:

Myko (2)
Duke (2)
Idrissa
Tarko
Onana
Young
DCL
Garner
Harrison

6 wins in 9 now. 3 away wins in 4, all in London, weirdly. And crucially, they were all wins against the sort of mid-table teams we need to take points from, given the "easy" games we wasted early on - Palace, West Ham, Brentford.

Steady progress, but a tough run of games now up until Christmas. We will probably still be bottom six come the start of the year. so we can't get carried away, but we should be encouraged by the undoubted progress.

Yeah, only caught match of the day but Branthwaite looked a bit ruffled by Eze. If they’d given a second penalty for that dive in I don’t think any of us would have been surprised.

Mentality is what’s changed, under Lampard we might have gone ahead in a game like that, but after conceding an equaliser a draw would have been the most we could have expected from the game. To get pegged back twice and, as Thor rightly pointed out, be under the kosh for a good portion of the game but still come back to win shows how much the players believe in each other and what they’re doing.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 12 Nov 2023, 11:15 am

Tonteau wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Just watched the whole game, it was Sky's Game of the Day.

Myko (2)
Duke (2)
Idrissa
Tarko
Onana
Young
DCL
Garner
Harrison

Yeah, only caught match of the day but Branthwaite looked a bit ruffled by Eze. If they’d given a second penalty for that dive in I don’t think any of us would have been surprised.

Mentality is what’s changed, under Lampard we might have gone ahead in a game like that, but after conceding an equaliser a draw would have been the most we could have expected from the game. To get pegged back twice and,  as Thor rightly pointed out, be under the kosh for a good portion of the game but still come back to win shows how much the players believe in each other and what they’re doing.

And this is an element of football management that you can't teach, you either have it or you don't - that ability to get a group of highly-paid players to believe in you, and in each other, to the point where they'll run through brick walls for each other.

Watching the Wolves v Spurs game yesterday and it struck me that Gary O'Neil has the same gift. Klopp and Pep of course, in their different ways, also have it, so did Ferguson. Postecoglu has it, Arteta (wanker though he now is to outsiders) has it.

But it has to go hand-in-hand with a plan, with some tactical nous, otherwise what are the players actually believing in? What keeps them going when results turn bad? This is where Lamps fell down. Nice bloke, clearly had players wanting to win for him to start with, but when it all went pear-shaped results-wise, he had nothing to offer them to sustain the belief.

Whereas Rafa was the opposite - lots of tactical nous, much of it misplaced during his miserable tenure with us, but far from knitting a Band of Brothers together, he actually seemed to get off on sowing division.

When you analyse everything - the spot we were in when he joined, the need to put a plan in place where no such plan existed before - and even allowing for his Keane obsession and his slightly rustic approach to how football should be played and his occasional tactical head scratcher, Dyche was exactly the right man for this job when we brought him in.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 13 Nov 2023, 9:59 am

We were unlucky to face a Palace side that had all their best players available.  Eze, Ayou, Olise are all fantastic footballers to watch, full of tricks and ideas and they gave our lads a torrid time.  But, yet again, we've got a result against a team with far more flair than we have.  We're looking solid as fuck, even when faced with dizzying skills and pace, and we're winning as a team.  We need to pick up all the points we can while we're in this mood, because we really don't have much in the way of PL level brilliance.  Harrison and McNeil spend more time defending than attacking, and neither has the pace or trickery to beat defenders regularly, but right now we don't need that.

Dyche is doing a fantastic job, and we're only one win off the top half of the table, which is truly astonishing.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next