606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Forest

+4
Blue gazza
Tonteau
callmebubbles
Armchair
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Everton v Forest - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton v Forest

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 22 Aug 2022, 9:33 am

hairy cataract wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:I think more wishful thinking than anything. He would make a massive difference, but no, dont have any real hope there. We will probably end up with Barkley and Batshuayi for Gordon and be barely any better off

Cheer up, we've got Brentford away next (beat Man U 4-0) followed by Leeds (beat Chelsea 3-0), then it's home to the Shite (beat us 4-1 last time).

Let's be honest here, it would be absolutely astonishing if we're not bottom three (most likely bottom one) after six games.

I'm pretty certain we'll be bottom three come the World Cup break. I'm banking on us getting things straightened out later in the season, while those clubs that did a lot of their business early in the window (Leeds, Forest etc) might start to slide back to us a bit.

The problem I have right now is that this has the makings of one of those strange seasons where the Sky Six lose some of their aura of invincibility. So every time the likes of Leeds fuck over the likes of Chelsea, it's a problem for us. Our recent record against the Sky Six is actually OK but still, the idea that we'll have to keep on taking points off those teams to have a chance of surviving (without a striker) is really scary.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2