606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Forest

+4
Blue gazza
Tonteau
callmebubbles
Armchair
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everton v Forest Empty Everton v Forest

Post  Armchair Sat 20 Aug 2022, 1:27 pm

A relegation six pointer and with no new striker so we'll struggle for goals. Hopefully we can scrape a 1-0 win.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Everton v Forest Empty Re: Everton v Forest

Post  Armchair Sat 20 Aug 2022, 2:31 pm

Rondon starts up front with Gray and Gordon. Onana on the bench.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 20 Aug 2022, 2:33 pm

Looking at the line up, one of the worst attacking line ups I have seen for years. Shockingly bad. Forest double chance is evens on Betfair and can get 3-1 for the away win. Very bad feeling about today.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 20 Aug 2022, 2:44 pm

I’m actually ok with Rondon starting. We need a focal point and we’ve not scored a goal in the various other systems we’ve tried so why not play an actual centre forward (even if it is Rondon).
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15997
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 20 Aug 2022, 3:31 pm

WE SHOULD BE WELL AHEAD HERE
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 20 Aug 2022, 3:32 pm

free kick, almost in, but we get a corner
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 20 Aug 2022, 3:33 pm

decent effort from gray, just over the bar
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 20 Aug 2022, 3:34 pm

Tonteau wrote:I’m actually ok with Rondon starting. We need a focal point and we’ve not scored a goal in the various other systems we’ve tried so why not play an actual centre forward (even if it is Rondon).

because, it is rondon lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 20 Aug 2022, 3:40 pm

funnily enough, a win today will put us above the redshite Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 20 Aug 2022, 4:20 pm

Rondon off. I thought he did OK. No striker on the pitch now.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 20 Aug 2022, 4:31 pm

We need someone up front. Dele even.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 20 Aug 2022, 4:41 pm

Fuck
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 20 Aug 2022, 4:48 pm

Gray!!!!
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 20 Aug 2022, 4:50 pm

Oooo... Forest should score there
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 20 Aug 2022, 4:59 pm

Same old, same old from last season. Plenty of huff and puff but not enough quality. At least the defence looks more solid.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 20 Aug 2022, 5:23 pm

Well, what to say. Decent atmosphere, considering the starting line up. Positive first half, grew more nervy as we failed to net (no surprise there), conceded late (no surprise there) but somehow managed an equaliser out of nothing (big surprise there). Pickford, Gray and Gordon looked decent, Iwobi better in CM than wide and defence way more solid than last season. Holgate and Davies not up to it imo and McNeil looks a duffer to me. Did zilch after coming on. Overall, if we sell Gordon we lose all the energy of the team and will be royally fucked. A home point against relegation certs is hardly an achievement and we need 2 forwards and some creativity. Relegation battle looks a foregone conclusion
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 20 Aug 2022, 9:24 pm

callmebubbles wrote:Well, what to say. Decent atmosphere, considering the starting line up. Positive first half, grew more nervy as we failed to net (no surprise there), conceded late (no surprise there) but somehow managed an equaliser out of nothing (big surprise there). Pickford, Gray and Gordon looked decent, Iwobi better in CM than wide and defence way more solid than last season. Holgate and Davies not up to it imo and McNeil looks a duffer to me. Did zilch after coming on. Overall, if we sell Gordon we lose all the energy of the team and will be royally fucked. A home point against relegation certs is hardly an achievement and we need 2 forwards and some creativity. Relegation battle looks a foregone conclusion
What have we got in Onana?
Wind played its part today zs well. Made our CBs look a bit iffy and Tark was poor at times.
LIl Tom drives me nuts what he has the ball on his right foot, and the opposition player is on his right side. Never ever switches to left foot to shield the ball. Always running to the right, and always losing it.
£20M for our new number 7 looks wasted. Time will tell though.
Not a fan of a back 3. Ends up a back 5 and we lose a player somewhere else on the field.
Anyway...
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 21 Aug 2022, 12:55 am

Went for a drive up in the Rockies instead of watching the game. Sounds like I made the right choice.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 21 Aug 2022, 8:55 am

Big worry is goals really. We made some decent chances and caused a few problems and with a half decent striker we’d have scored more today. It really needs to be number one priority. Also as much as Gordon isn’t worth £45m he’s one of the only players driving us forward at the moment. All that speculation and he still gave 100% - he genuinely cares about the club and you cannot buy that.  We need to keep him because who knows what we’ll waste that money on.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15997
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 21 Aug 2022, 11:08 am

I don't think it achieves much to judge/write off players on the strength of three games. Or bits of three games. In a struggling team. Lineker didn't score a goal for us until his fourth game, and he joined a team that was reigning champions.

I myself have written off Iwobi more times than I care to remember but he's quite important to us right now.

Also our manager is still on a learning curve, trying to work out who to play and in what formation (yes, it could be argued that he has decided this by now, or should have done, but I still don't think he's 100% set on our best formation) while new players arrive in dribs and drabs with the season already up and running. He's also having to compensate for the lack of a striker worthy of the description.

As Tonts says, the striker situation is overshadowing everything at the moment and, I think, makes it difficult to assess the whole. The lack of any end product puts even more pressure on the players. We can't ever get ahead, relax a bit, play with a bit of freedom. And it's a different world playing for a struggling big club compared to playing for, say, a struggling Norwich or Bournemouth in the PL.

I expect nothing but struggle for the whole of this season but it's going to be particularly horrible until the World Cup break at least, for all of these reasons and more. I'm hoping that we can get things sorted a bit when we're actually able to hit a mobile striker and score some goals. I'm not sure it's feasible to realistically assess individual players within the context of the shitshow that exists right now.

Supporting Everton remains a living nightmare, there are no guarantees, and we may well go down. Rondon is no solution, I don't even want him as back-up striker. Much is changing though. I'm not yet writing us off as relegation certainties although we most certainly are solid candidates. There are signs of improvement, particularly at the back. Onana should be a big presence. But FFS find us a striker please, give a below average team a bit of a chance, at least, to win games.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 21 Aug 2022, 8:48 pm

I think we're one of the worst teams in the PL right now, and I can't see that changing too much in the immediate future. We started brightly, but soon faded and, after the substitutions in particular, we looked pretty awful. Tarkowski had a poor game, he's clearly not comfortable playing on the left side of a three. Mykolenko, in my opinion, is not a very good defender, but Patterson looks good for a kid of his age. The less said about McNeil the better, though I guess he can't be judged til he's given a role that actually suits him.

As others have said, I don't see any way we can lose Gordon at this stage. He might have no end product but, as Bubbles said, he's the only one bringing any energy to the team, with the exception of Iwobi who is probably our key player at the moment.

Onana. Okay, I bigged this lad up, but I had my head in my hands within minutes of him coming on. He's very excitable. He spent far more time trying to get the crowd going than he did playing football. Calm the fuck down, you have to earn the right to wave your arms at the Street End, and you don't do that by giving the ball away and running around like a puppy who's had a snoutful of coke. I have a horrible feeling that he's going to cost us a few goals this season. He could end up being a fan favourite, but only if he does his job properly.

On the positive side, what a lovely goal. Great pass by Pickford, and a brilliant run from Gray. His first touch was perfect, as was the finish. He really is a great player when he wants to be.

As usual, I'm in two minds about whether to go up for the derby. Do I need that kind of misery in my life? We shall see.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 21 Aug 2022, 8:54 pm

I will be skipping the derby game again. Its just too much to deal with. Been to dozens of them in my 50 odd years of going to Goodison, but the thrashings are getting worse and its too depressing.

....but if we sign Gallagher and Broja in the meantime I may just sneak along there...lol
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 21 Aug 2022, 11:20 pm

callmebubbles wrote:I will be skipping the derby game again. Its just too much to deal with. Been to dozens of them in my 50 odd years of going to Goodison, but the thrashings are getting worse and its too depressing.

....but if we sign Gallagher and Broja in the meantime I may just sneak along there...lol
Is there any indication that Gallagher would be an option for us? I mean, I'd really like to see him in our side, but is he for sale? Could he be part of a Gordon deal?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 22 Aug 2022, 8:24 am

I think more wishful thinking than anything. He would make a massive difference, but no, dont have any real hope there. We will probably end up with Barkley and Batshuayi for Gordon and be barely any better off
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 22 Aug 2022, 9:20 am

callmebubbles wrote:I think more wishful thinking than anything. He would make a massive difference, but no, dont have any real hope there. We will probably end up with Barkley and Batshuayi for Gordon and be barely any better off

Cheer up, we've got Brentford away next (beat Man U 4-0) followed by Leeds (beat Chelsea 3-0), then it's home to the Shite (beat us 4-1 last time).

Let's be honest here, it would be absolutely astonishing if we're not bottom three (most likely bottom one) after six games.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next